Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Now Up! Go Watch NOW!

s0undwav3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
This is probably going to be as successful or more so than WoW in the United States at least. I'm not sure about all those countries across the Atlantic or Pacific but I've just go take a look yourself:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/deceived-cinematic-trailer

If you look at the embedded code, you can download the full 720p trailers, well here, you can have them

Quicktime Format
http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/vc/deceived_cinematic_trailer_mov.zip

Microsoft WMV Format
http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/vc/deceived_cinematic_trailer_wmv.zip

One thing for sure, that bounty hunter is absolutely stunningly hot and beautiful, the light saber duel is just fantastic, and I've got to say if BioWare lives up to the hype - which they usually do with their games, this is going to be one successful title for them. I hope that I can get into the beta, as this is the #1 game I'm looking forward to right now.

The one problem that I have with the trailer is that the graphics of the cinematic do not reflect the graphics/artwork of the game whatsoever. Other than that, it is stunning.

[quote name='Pyelot']The one problem that I have with the trailer is that the graphics of the cinematic do not reflect the graphics/artwork of the game whatsoever. Other than that, it is stunning.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's what I was thinking.

Forget, the game make a CG film out of that trailer.

[quote name='Pyelot']The one problem that I have with the trailer is that the graphics of the cinematic do not reflect the graphics/artwork of the game whatsoever. Other than that, it is stunning.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's not true. But yeah, that's not gameplay and we all know it.

I'm hoping they pull a pre-NGE SWG and make it like being a Jedi is a BFD. Also that there is a totally player based law system for bounty hunters. Add in a few action elements as opposed to the standard "Point'n'click", a main plot for light/dark, awesome marine work like SWG and you could have a mighty fine game.

To bad this wouldn't some how find its way on the 360 and them not charge you to play it. I would love to play this game and see it doing really well. Maybe not as well as WOW but if they did it right like they have in the past it has a chance to be above all the other crap that is out there.

It's a very exciting animated short, if nothing else. I'd be interested in seeing what the gameplay is like, but I doubt I'll get into the game. No more hardcore MMORPGs for me, if I can help it.

Chances are if it looks like it might be worth checking out I will pick it up and give it atleast the free trial and maybe even get a 60 day card. After that I'm done other then maybe from time to time with a prepaid card.

I am actually looking forward to this and ST: online.

As someone who played SWG, I really hope this new game can live up to it's expectations. However I do expect sometime after launch, the developers will nerf things. As long as Sony is NOT involved in anyway with this game, then it's all good.

As far as I know, the rights are between Bioware and Lucas Arts. Sony doesn't own any of these companies so at least that's good news. Bioware has an excellent reputation for the quality of games they engineer and release. I played Mass Effect on PC and thought all the updates were well worth it, especially the add on (which is free, btw). Maybe they can think about that when they bring out updates for SW:TOR. However, if they follow the model of almost all other commercial MMORPG's look for expensive expansions.

I can't think of nearly one game in the last year that I was hyped for that was coming out on PC. I have looked at Star Trek Online but just about all the Star Trek games I've rented or bought were disappointments, so I don't have any real hopes for that game.

I want this game so damn bad. I don't usually allow myself to be floored by a CGI trailer but damnit this trailer is awesome. I was really hoping we would finally see some gameplay at E3 this year but it appears they aren't showing any. Either way this game is one of my most anticipated titles for any system.

[quote name='sendme']To bad this wouldn't some how find its way on the 360 and them not charge you to play it.[/QUOTE]

Why would they do that? They know people will pay. Not to mention, that requires a fuckTON of storage on a harddrive. FFXI took up a shitton of space, and it's dated. I imagine this would be a lot worse. Keep MMOs on PCs. Console people don't need em.

WOW!

Just....

WOW!

Got to watch it again!....That looks incredible!

[size=-3]Of course, I know the final game will look NOTHING LIKE THAT...[/size]

[quote name='georox']Why would they do that? They know people will pay. Not to mention, that requires a fuckTON of storage on a harddrive. FFXI took up a shitton of space, and it's dated. I imagine this would be a lot worse. Keep MMOs on PCs. Console people don't need em.[/QUOTE]

Actually I recently re-installed World of Warcraft with both expansions and total size on the hard drive is 14 Gigabytes. That is of course, after I deleted all the patches and updates that were not needed (that took an extra 10 Gigabytes of space). So you are right about MMO's that they are pretty big and they just get larger as new addons come out. Originally World of Warcraft was only 8 Gigabytes.

As a player of Pre-Cu SWG and Post-Cu SWG, I can say that this game will be at least 5x as succesful as SWG was. Fully Voiced?! Damn bro, that's ground breaking! Although, the game files will be like 10-15 Gbs.

Good thing I'm building a gaming pc soon, so I can probably run this game in full graphics and everything. : D

[quote name='Droenixjpn']As a player of Pre-Cu SWG and Post-Cu SWG, I can say that this game will be at least 5x as succesful as SWG was. Fully Voiced?! Damn bro, that's ground breaking! Although, the game files will be like 10-15 Gbs.

Good thing I'm building a gaming pc soon, so I can probably run this game in full graphics and everything. : D[/QUOTE]

No offense but you nor I nor anyone here knows anything about how this game actually works. All we've seen is a cinematic trailer and some in-engine footage with no gaemplay, that's it.

Yeah... I think I got really hyped up about it, lol...

Well, let's just hope it will turn out to be a really good game. : D

I don't understand why they release trailers like this. Acutally I understand why they release the trailers, I just don't understand why the audience cares. I downloaded it hoping to see somehting about the game, all I got was a CGI trailer. If you don't really have anything of substance to show of the game, don't show anything.

[quote name='msdmoney']I don't understand why they release trailers like this. Acutally I understand why they release the trailers, I just don't understand why the audience cares. I downloaded it hoping to see somehting about the game, all I got was a CGI trailer. If you don't really have anything of substance to show of the game, don't show anything.[/QUOTE]

-multiple classes and races
-lots of Jedi and Sith (i.e. not a rare class)
-the ability for the community to change the fate of the galaxy (e.g. Sith win)
-there is a Jedi Temple on Coruscant

I think that's pretty substantial for a teaser trailer. What about the initial Modern Warfare 2 trailer which had audio and sound waves?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']-multiple classes and races
-lots of Jedi and Sith (i.e. not a rare class)
-the ability for the community to change the fate of the galaxy (e.g. Sith win)
-there is a Jedi Temple on Coruscant

I think that's pretty substantial for a teaser trailer. What about the initial Modern Warfare 2 trailer which had audio and sound waves?[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it's a bad teaser trailer, more that I don't understand the appeal of teaser trailers in general. I haven't seen the teaser trailer for MW2, but I would imagine I would have a similar reaction. I guess people can nerd out on the Star Wars details like the Jedi Temple thing, but otherwise aren't you extrapolating a lot from the teaser. I've seen a lot of cgi cutscenes in games that had little to nothing to do with what you could actually do in the game.

Yeah those videos are awesome. Finally we get to see actual gameplay, and a whole lot of it too. Looks great overall, can't wait to see more.

I watched the gameplay and I must admit I am salivating for this game. Bioware rocks.

The cinematic trailer made the prequels look like preschool story telling. This is the Star Wars universe fans want and I cannot wait to roll a character. It is so cool that they merged Darth Vader aspects into the Sith. Bioware seriously knows what makes Star Wars cool . I love that they are focusing so much on the Han Solo inspired rogue elements, Boba Fett Bounty Hunters and Dart Vader sith. BOO YEAH!

Wow, that was pretty Epic.

Edit: Oh MMO...? Won't play then. Not my cup of tea. My friend might like it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The character models are really nice. One thing I've hated about the MMO's I've played is the subpar character models, especially when it comes to the male character models.

[quote name='Ryukahn']The character models are really nice. One thing I've hated about the MMO's I've played is the subpar character models, especially when it comes to the male character models.[/QUOTE]

Every one of my Guild Wars characters are female. ;)

[quote name='Reichan']great trailer and i'm loving it.....
Is it still under dev?[/QUOTE]

Yeah... no set release date. Still looks like it's no where close to finished.

Just watched the walkthrough, and I have to say the gameplay looks great! I wonder with the conversations and flashpoints how they don't screw up or change the story for other players?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Every one of my Guild Wars characters are female. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I generally play female characters in MMO games since the male characters usually look like ass.

Took me like 15 tries before the site finally let me register properly. Must be like 5 million people bashing on that signup form.

So to raise this thread up from the dead today Bioware officially confirmed a target SPRING 2011 release for TOR. It's good to finally hear a target window for this game's release, not knowing even what year it was going to come out sucked. I hope it does come out in the Spring, usually a much less crowded time of year for new releases (except for this Spring of course).

Here's a link to the official forum post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=109426

Kind of glad for a 2011 release. There were so many games coming out this year that I don't think I'd have the time to properly devote to an MMO. Besides, more time in development means less bugs/glitches when it goes live (hopefully).

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I expected it much sooner but hey, whatever works. I'll probably go back to WoW or start Global Agenda for my MMO fix.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was waiting for this or FFXIV to get my MMO fix, but with this announcement I'm strongly considering going back to WoW for the time being. On a side note, my browser keeps crashing when I try to sign up for the SWTOR beta.

I played SWG a ton... It was fun but Sony seriously screwed with the players.

I ended up selling all of my millions of credits and account on ebay for like $2000 w00t. lol

bread's done
Back