Star Wars TOR CE back in stock @ Amazon (limited supplies)

Good deal if you're looking for an in-stock CE and no-tax. I was able to get mine from work (we had 3 extra CE copies) and used my employee discount :)

[quote name='DanteWarrior']More than 999 in stock
Said it earlier & will say it again. Limited...yeah sure[/QUOTE]

Well when it came back in stock the other day there was over 999 and it sold out pretty fast. But yeah I wouldn't buy this to flip it unless you'll willing to wait a few years. A lot of eBay auctions are ending around 200ish now, so with shipping and fees you'd barely make anything. If you want the game though then get it now.

When it first was announced, they made it sound like this was really going to be limited, and with the announcement in August that there would be no additional copies, it sounded like a real notice. Too bad they decided to cave and release a ton more. Good news for the factories making those darth malgus statues.

saw a guy at BB today buying like 3 of these. I was gonna impulse buy one but they didn't have anymore :/ still kinda wondering if I should get one or try and wait it out...hmm....

Guys,

What codes are supposed to come with the CE? I bought mine from Amazon and got the preorder early access code and then inside my steelbook I had a registration code. I was wondering before I redeem the registration code if I was missing anything else?

Thanks

[quote name='GBAstar']Guys,

What codes are supposed to come with the CE? I bought mine from Amazon and got the preorder early access code and then inside my steelbook I had a registration code. I was wondering before I redeem the registration code if I was missing anything else?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

All your CE bonus items should be tied to the registration code. That's how most MMOs work now with exclusive items... they put everything in one code so you can't "part them out"

Went to get the regular copy today from bestbuy and I caved and bought the CE :( They had 4 total on the shelves and about 10 behind the counter from preorders. I would say it was worth it, it's got some really nice stuff.

[quote name='avatar94']All your CE bonus items should be tied to the registration code. That's how most MMOs work now with exclusive items... they put everything in one code so you can't "part them out"[/QUOTE]

Okay cool thank you. This is my first entry into a MMO so I wasn't sure what to expect and then someone in another thread said there were reports of a code missing from some Amazon shipments. I figured they'd have a registration code, a 30 day trial code and the some sort of DLC code(s) but if it is all tied under the registration code then I guess I'm good to go.

Thanks

oh.. and one more thing. I just opened mine and if you are planning on getting one from a retail setting I'd be a little wary of scam artists opening them and taking certain contents and then doing a return.

All you'd have to do is take off the top upper seals, remove the top, take contents and put the top and the seals back on.

Hopefully no one runs into issues like that

Just because you can add 999 to your cart doesn't mean that's how many they have. I found a book on Amazon that says there's only two copies left in stock and it will let me add 999 copies of it to my cart.

[quote name='rainking187']Just because you can add 999 to your cart doesn't mean that's how many they have. I found a book on Amazon that says there's only two copies left in stock and it will let me add 999 copies of it to my cart.[/QUOTE]
That's not the way he checked

For anyone on the fence: Statue is nice (not really my thing but nice), in game extras are a bit boring but ok, the music CD and map are pretty solid and nice additions but the best thing is the art/story book which is simply fantastic, one of the best I've seen in any CE. Box is nice too. It's expensive but overall this is an impressive CE.

Went to BB after work to pick this up because i got some trade in cards and they also gave me a 5 gift card in the mail. ALL CEs are gone except 2 behind the counter that were preordered. I did preorder from Amazon My copy but i wanted that sealed one to collect. O-well
I agree with abhinav about the Artbook it is amazing. Overall i am pleased with the CE just wish it wasnt 150

Just saw 7 copies in my local BB when I went to pickup an online order. It looks great but sticker placement sucks. Lot of people on Amazon forums also reported issues with statue(broken or wrong alignment with base). That helped in suppressing the collectors' urge to impulse buy

:lol::applause:There was a time when limited edition actually meant that shit WAS limited.

Don't get me wrong, compared with the portion of the population that will probably want to play or try out this game it may truly be limited. But the market is gonna be saturated with these for a long while and once Best Buy and other places(they had STACKS of these around the gaming section when I was there earlier), so anyone buying these thinking they're gonna make a good profit on them is nuts at this point.

If anything, these CE's will be price dropping just as quickly as the Skyrim CE has(already down to $99.99 or lower at BB/NewEgg).

To be fair, this is a "collector's edition" and not a "limited edition." With that said, titles that are released as limited edition these days are rarely limited.

[quote name='sasukekun']Good deal if you're looking for an in-stock CE and no-tax. I was able to get mine from work (we had 3 extra CE copies) and used my employee discount :)[/QUOTE]

Amazon charges me 9.5% tax, you insensitive clod!

[quote name='hpv']Amazon charges me 9.5% tax, you insensitive clod![/QUOTE]

You bought it from Amazon LLC or a third party vendor? I am surprised that they charged you a tax if it was Amazon! Guess I got lucky that the two states I order to (New Jersey and Miami) have never been charged for taxes by Amazon (or unlucky if you look at the fact that it now falls on me to pay the state sales tax).

I can't say I see it be clearanced but day 1 availability at Christmas at least gives it a shot. Glad people that want it can get it though.

[quote name='Dante Devil']Hey, does anyone know if this game is compatible with apple computers?[/QUOTE]

Lol ... oh wait, you're serious (sorry, couldn't resist, I used to be a Mac guy before I went to the darkside).

Maybe through boot camp but not natively, no. Although I could be wrong about bootcamp, as a few mac users i know have mentioned wanting to buy a low end pc just to play this.

There are plenty of these in stock at most retailers right now including: Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and even Toys R Us. I'll wait until this plummets.

Too bad it was not really limited. I recieved mine from target and the box top was damaged =/. Going to see about getting a different one.

[quote name='KarlMarx']Game looks terrible. Will wait until it's F2P to try it out.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're being sarcastic but just in case you're not... I've been playing SWToR since pre launch and I have to say you're completely wrong. Not only is this the best MMO released since WoW, it's one of the best games released this year. If you like MMOs, Bioware games, Star Wars, great storytelling or just RPGs in general then this is a game you're probably going to love.

[quote name='PatelKing']There are plenty of these in stock at most retailers right now including: Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and even Toys R Us. I'll wait until this plummets.[/QUOTE]

I saw a stack of these CEs at my local Best Buy today. The employees didn't seem very happy to have them around but I'm doubting there will be a major price drop on these, they probably wont print anymore and I expect the game to build up enough popularity that they'll simply sell out by the summer.

Saw a stack of these at my Best Buy, lol @ being limited

[quote name='MochaRaf']You bought it from Amazon LLC or a third party vendor? I am surprised that they charged you a tax if it was Amazon! Guess I got lucky that the two states I order to (New Jersey and Miami) have never been charged for taxes by Amazon (or unlucky if you look at the fact that it now falls on me to pay the state sales tax).[/QUOTE]

Living in Washington state can suck sometimes (tax on Amazon, Steam, etc)

[quote name='MochaRaf']You bought it from Amazon LLC or a third party vendor? I am surprised that they charged you a tax if it was Amazon! Guess I got lucky that the two states I order to (New Jersey and Miami) have never been charged for taxes by Amazon (or unlucky if you look at the fact that it now falls on me to pay the state sales tax).[/QUOTE]

Living in Washington state can suck sometimes (tax on Amazon, Steam, etc)

[quote name='Dante Devil']Hey, does anyone know if this game is compatible with apple computers?[/QUOTE]

Yes I have it running on the latest bootcamp version 3.3 give it a go she runs well on it.

I agree with abhinav. I played TOR during the beta earlier this year through 3 or 4 builds and even in the old buggy state, it was pretty good. After trying the latest build before launch, I was amazed at how polished the game was. Anyone who gives this a shot is likely to stay (if they are coming from WoW or another MMO).

Those that aren't even MMO fans wouldn't mind sticking around because the "single player-ness" of it is so compelling and engaging for the sake of playing through your class story arc.

As for Collector's Editions, it seems like the only company that actually "Limits" their special editions is Blizzard. Holding on to sealed copies of their collector's editions usually results in pretty substantial gains a few years later.

I haven't bothered with collector's/limited edition since Halo 2. When the value for a regular edition is higher than a limited edition, there's a problem.

[quote name='Trogdor469']Too bad it was not really limited. I received mine from target and the box top was damaged =/. Going to see about getting a different one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. My Box from Amazon had rips a the corners. The Box is very much apart of the collectors edition. I'm either gonna get some type of credit or return it. On a side note that being said I'm really torn.

1. should I even keep the CE?
2. I've never played an MMO should I start with this?
3. I only remotely care about this game because of Bioware and my Love for KOTOR and everything Bioware does
4. The cag in me thinks paying $15 a month to play a game is outrageous.

[quote name='KarlMarx']Game looks terrible. Will wait until it's F2P to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Obvious troll is obvious.

Anyways, I have the CE and although I was a little let down by it, I would have been more let down had I not got it. The Malgus statue is good quality and does not feel cheap. The journal is awesome. The CD is pretty good too although the songs released on facebook were better.

The game is a star wars fan wet dream.

Only get the CE if you want the physical items because the virtual items are a joke and totally not worth it. Even the "exclusive" CE vendor doesn't sell anything worthwhile.

[quote name='Setzer']Only get the CE if you want the physical items because the virtual items are a joke and totally not worth it. Even the "exclusive" CE vendor doesn't sell anything worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of surprised that people expected otherwise for the vendors. It's a staple of MMO's that vendors not sell anything really worthwhile. I know that in TOR the vendors are a little more important than in WoW but during the beta, all my gear ended up coming from quests and flashpoints.

[quote name='KryllFood']I'm kind of surprised that people expected otherwise for the vendors. It's a staple of MMO's that vendors not sell anything really worthwhile. I know that in TOR the vendors are a little more important than in WoW but during the beta, all my gear ended up coming from quests and flashpoints.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying but if you check out the Security Token vendor and compare the good he sells vs. what the CE vendor has....there's no comparison. You get much more useful items and the security token only costs $4. I just think for someone who spends $150 its kinda a slap in the face that the CE vendor doesn't have anything worthwhile.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']
1. should I even keep the CE?
2. I've never played an MMO should I start with this?
3. I only remotely care about this game because of Bioware and my Love for KOTOR and everything Bioware does
4. The cag in me thinks paying $15 a month to play a game is outrageous.[/QUOTE]

1. Eh, that's on you. I'd probably sell it to be honest. You can always upgrade to digital deluxe if you want most of the goodies from the CE.
2. It's a fairly nub friendly MMO. If you're a competent gamer you won't have any issues.
3. That's a good reason to care. It plays very much like a Mass Effect MMO (in the Star Wars universe) - so kind of like KOTOR, but with a much bigger budget. Group questing is exceptionally well done. The majority of the game's experiences can be done solo as well, especially with the companion system.
4. I used to think that, but every time I get involved in MMOs, my gaming expenses drop dramatically. No more buying 10 $10 games a month that I'll never play.

[quote name='Izod517']
4. I used to think that, but every time I get involved in MMOs, my gaming expenses drop dramatically. No more buying 10 $10 games a month that I'll never play.[/QUOTE]

^This.

I hear people complain all the time about having to pay a monthly fee to play a game. Well if that game is providing you enough enjoyment to play every month, then $10-15 is nothing compared to going out and buying a new game every month which could run you $40-60.

If anyone is interested in getting this cheap. Get in on the Best Buy DOTD. I managed to turn 3 copies of 3 games on today's deals into a tax free SWTOR: CE since they don't charge tax on trade in credit. 50.xx dollars of initial investment for the CE, not bad at all.

This CE is definitely not rare, all websites have it now and a lot of B&M have tons too. Don't really understand why some people are still paying over 200 bucks for it on eBay though.

I played several of the beta weekends and it's a decent game but in all honesty it didn't feel very MMOish. It felt more like a standard KotOR game. There were very few instances where you needed to team up with other players and some of the times where you did need to could actually be bypassed. Not to mention that once you got to level 10 or so you had an NPC companion with you which then made it even easier to solo and that's what most people did. So all I did was story missions and side quests that were along the way of my story missions and it was pretty fun for the most part, but I can't help but wonder: what do you do when you finish the story for your character class and you reach the maximum level? If it's just stupid WoW type raids and PvP stuff then it's definitely not for me.

The only MMO that has ever blown me away is FFXI. To me it's just light years ahead of anything else in the genre. I'll probably go back to it sometime in 2012 for the 10 year anniversary and to finish the Wings of the Goddess storyline.

Oh and I definitely agree that when you play an MMO that you really enjoy you spend way less money on games. I know for a fact I would've gotten way more $60 games if it hadn't been for FFXI, I still ended up getting a lot of those games down the road but at $10-20 max, so I saved a lot. Plus it stopped me from getting the $10-20 games that you get just because they're cheap and think someday you might play them but never do.

The game just came out 2 days ago of course its not rare....

I went to my BB Wed. and they were sold out and my Gamestop was sold out also from Preorders.

This is Star Wars and it will SELL

[quote name='roymustang']This CE is definitely not rare, all websites have it now and a lot of B&M have tons too. Don't really understand why some people are still paying over 200 bucks for it on eBay though.

I played several of the beta weekends and it's a decent game but in all honesty it didn't feel very MMOish. It felt more like a standard KotOR game. There were very few instances where you needed to team up with other players and some of the times where you did need to could actually be bypassed. Not to mention that once you got to level 10 or so you had an NPC companion with you which then made it even easier to solo and that's what most people did. So all I did was story missions and side quests that were along the way of my story missions and it was pretty fun for the most part, but I can't help but wonder: what do you do when you finish the story for your character class and you reach the maximum level? If it's just stupid WoW type raids and PvP stuff then it's definitely not for me.

The only MMO that has ever blown me away is FFXI. To me it's just light years ahead of anything else in the genre. I'll probably go back to it sometime in 2012 for the 10 year anniversary and to finish the Wings of the Goddess storyline.

Oh and I definitely agree that when you play an MMO that you really enjoy you spend way less money on games. I know for a fact I would've gotten way more $60 games if it hadn't been for FFXI, I still ended up getting a lot of those games down the road but at $10-20 max, so I saved a lot. Plus it stopped me from getting the $10-20 games that you get just because they're cheap and think someday you might play them but never do.[/QUOTE]

I am with you... FFXI got some very good story, probably better than the steaming pile of Junk on xii and xiii and god know what was Tanaka thinking on xiv, but i am stilling playing xiv.... moogle fight is fun... wink wink. I actually watched WOTG and WOTG-windurst story on youtube and it is amazing...

bread's done
Back