Star Wars Xbox360 Kinect bundle $300 YMMV @ Kmart

bmsdaddy

CAGiversary!
My wife and I stopped into the Oakdale, MN Kmart to return an item and took a quick look through the video games. We were very surprised to see an Xbox 360 Star Wars Kinect bundle on clearance for $300. They only had one and we scooped it up. Our 10 year old will flip when he comes home from grandpa's house tomorrow. I wanted to attach a picture, but I cannot attach one here; there is a picture in my profile album though.

[quote name='JP73']Yeah, the inventory checker is horse $hit. I checked two nearby Kmarts and it said one had it one didn't. Well, that was true. Except it was the other way around. The one they said had it, didn't, and the one they said did not have it, did.

As far as a price drop, if one happens it will be next week at gamescom. If we don't see one then, then one will be unlikely for a while. I anticipate a PS3 Price drop on at least the 320GB Move bundle, since Walmart and Amazon and next week Target are/were all selling it at 299( 349 MSRP)[/QUOTE]

I had the opposite happen. The inventory (checked PC website and iPad app) said one only at two stores, but the one I visited had two. Good deal for now unless there is a price drop coming...

Thanks OP!

The system said they were in stock online at the West Kendall (Miami), FL Kmart on Kendall Drive yesterday. I went there and they saw none behind the glass. I told the guy that they said that it was indeed available in store and he said there was one "allegedly" earlier that day, but did not see it now. I asked him to please look for it in the back stock room or in the inventory since I made the drive and he said that he cannot look for it without the UPC. So I went on my phone and searched for the UPC and gave it to him. He found 4 in the system that were in the store and they were not a part of any layaway. So he went in the back warehouse and found the box that said do not open until April 2012 and found the 4 sitting in there in pristine condition. He brought one out and since it is $300, it qualifies for 4 months layaway. So I put the minimum down and I asked would they have any price match adjustments if the console goes on sale again before I pick my system up? He said just pay for it in full to ensure you do not lose the deposit and then customer service would give you the difference back. So the point is, the online system may be accurate if it does say in stock, but you need to find the right employee to look for it. Most employees will say if they are not sitting out, that they are out of stock. So give them the UPC as that is how Kmart looks for things with their inventory to see if they are in their back stock room. The UPC: 885370332889 and there are still 3 left in that location, but th guy left them in the back stock room.

[quote name='theoutlander']I managed to snag one up at the Kmart in Corona,CA. I just couldn't resist it for that price.[/QUOTE]

Got the last one at the Corona, CA, store. Although the online stock checker showed it was not available at this store, I still went to the store. Although the shelf for the consoles was empty, I did see the clearance price tag for this system. I asked one of the employees in the electronics department who confirmed with me that there was only one left in the back.

Was it still $300 or did it drop any more?

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Got the last one at the Corona, CA, store. Although the online stock checker showed it was not available at this store, I still went to the store. Although the shelf for the consoles was empty, I did see the clearance price tag for this system. I asked one of the employees in the electronics department who confirmed with me that there was only one left in the back.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that the guy that made the statement that this would see another drop by the end of the month was only speculating just by judging the trend of price drops.

i put one on layaway about a week ago and they were running a promo on layaway that took an extra 5% off. so i got one for $280

[quote name='Tarskidx']I have a feeling that the guy that made the statement that this would see another drop by the end of the month was only speculating just by judging the trend of price drops.[/QUOTE]

You got it. I suppose it was an excellent deal. Kmart did this before with limited editions. I may wait for a special edition 720 and snag it here.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Oh wow this is still going on?

If anyone is thinking about getting this system, DO IT. It is such a sweet looking console.[/QUOTE]

I am just as surprised as you! Though I doubt that any of the Kmarts in Miami would have any left in stock... Not that I should even consider it, I just picked up the Halo 4 console bringing me up to 7 Xbox 360s, lol.

Tried 4 Kmarts. No luck.

Also called Kmart customer service to see if I could order one over the phone and they would not adjust it to $300 as it still shows $399 online.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='melokeith']Check the 4th post. Damanthia posted good pics. When I did it, I showed them the pics. The Best Buy employee had to call and confirm (price and availability I believe) at the nearest Kmart, so if they're sold out, you may be out of luck.[/QUOTE]

What's their policy on PM's? Does it have to be a local Kmart? I checked all 4 in my area and came up dry.

bread's done
Back