Starbreeze Studios Working On Existing EA Franchise

eswat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Ultima? Wing Commander? System Shock? :drool: Yup, I'm certainly getting my hopes up.

Starbreeze Studios, the developer of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and The Darkness, is working with Electronic Arts to reinvigorate one of the publisher's "most acclaimed classic franchises". The project, which carries the codename Project RedLime, is in development for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=51437

Considering their FPS pedigree, Wing Commander would seem unlikely. Though other than the three you just named, I can't imagine anything else. Perhaps I am forgetting too much of EA's legacy?

[quote name='InuFaye']Madden sucks.

I want them to go back to NBA Live.[/QUOTE]

It's one of the best selling games from year to year. The numbers don't lie.

[quote name='InuFaye']madden was down 40%.

Being actual I think a new Dungeon Keeper would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

40% of 10 trillion is still a lot. Other games would kill to sell that much. Madden is truly the pinnacle of games--no other series could come out year after and innovate so heavily while selling top numbers.

Innovate?

Its hard to innovate when you are playing football. Don't you just kinda update the roster, and say its the next year?

From Madden '07 alone:

Lead Blocker Control: The ability to take control of any player on the field and block the defense, which is going to dramatically improve running game

NFL superstar, hall of fame mode: Self-explanatory, you finally get the ultimate reward for doing good in superstar mode.

Improved Defensive AI: you remember those slants that are almost impossible to stop in man, well madden claims they have fixed that

Improved defensive line: I guess they won't be falling for that play action on 3rd and 20...it's about time

Improved offensive line: Realistic blocking to make the running game fun. You actually have to read to get about 3 to 7 yards.

Highlight stick: Have you ever seen warrick Dunn run over anybody in real life? So why would he try it in a game? So this no longer a problem, Warrick dunn will actually Juke ray lewis instead of running him over.

All new franchise mode: More in depth scouting for your franchise

Plus some exclusive Xbox 360 features
It seems like Madden improves on itself every single year, i wonder how long they can keep this up.

[quote name='InuFaye']That could all be done with a patch.

Ive seen better patches for Warcraft.[/QUOTE]

If you can't accept Madden as the god among videogames, then I don't know what to say. Some people just can't be enlightened.

[quote name='klwillis45']Medal of Honor??[/quote]

Hopefully not, I'd rather see them try to bring Wing Commander back from the dead. For us that have played the last few installments of MoH can tell, that series does not deserve the "classic" title.

It's going to be a first person shooter. Wouldn't surprise me at all if EA decides Medal of Honor would be better served in the Modern Day, and they got Starbreeze to do a COD4 knockoff.

[quote name='Kaijufan']After how well Bioshock sold I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on System Shock 3.[/QUOTE]

I think you called it. At least, I hope so. If the team who made Bioshock broke up, these guys would be my next choice :)

[quote name='klwillis45']Medal of Honor??[/QUOTE]

That would make no sense. Starbreeze... so far two for two on very exceptional, gritty, dark, and sci-fi/fantasy FPS... doing MoH? no way, they already have an MoH shop.

I'm hoping for a SS1/2 remake... not a SS3 because I'm not sure how I feel about someone doing that yet.

bread's done
Back