Starcraft 2 CE still in stock at Wal-Mart.com

Monsta Mack

CAGiversary!
Some might not consider this a deal since It's MSRP, but right now looking at Amazon, Newegg and Bestbuy and Gamestop.com they are all out of the collectors edition.

There is tax and It's $1 to ship to your home.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/StarCraft-II-Wings-of-Liberty-CE-PC-PC-Games/14291360

Right now eBay prices are fluctuating between $120-$150 in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280508817&sr=8-2 Amazon has it in stock as well ATM. Wal-Mart was OOS but went back in stock as of 1pm Eastern 7/30/2010

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zohar']Maybe they price matched Kmart or Gamestop or something for a very brief moment (i.e. by mistake), and due to their price match guarantee, it refunded everyone.[/QUOTE]

Whatever the reason, I'm very glad because I was feeling a bit like a chump for buying the CE for $99 when I was pretty confident that (like the WoW Lich King CE) I would find it at my local Fry's on sale for $60 in a few weeks. Getting it on release day for $79 w/o tax and free shipping leaves me with no regrets or second thoughts.

Also, just a couple of weeks ago some DVD sets I bought dropped in price by about $15 (total difference for my entire order) the day after I bought them. Amazon denied my request for a credit for the difference and I was too lazy to call and ask again, so this partly makes up for that too.

[quote name='wolve']My coworkers and I got the $20 refund too. I'm surprised more CAGs haven't posted about this. Seems like a glitch, but yeah not complaining either. :)[/QUOTE]

I, too, received this email. This is why I order exclusively on Amazon first! :bouncy:

[quote name='SuperJedi']Why you only look at Online?

Are you all really that lazy to physically check some B&M stores? :roll:

As plenty of people has said, a lot of B&M has many copies. And, NO one is buying them. 5-6+ copies just sitting on the shelf waiting for a Clearance/discount to come! I just hope they don't end up in Ebay/Amazon Horder's hands first. As long as it isn't in GREEDY seller's hands I guarantee we will be fine with this months to come. :|[/QUOTE]

As some have noted, not everyone has a gazillion nearby retail options...Also once you factor in the cost of your time and gas of visiting a bunch of stores, which may turn out not to have any of the item you are looking for, the prospect of paying someone 20-25% over list price to get it delivered to your house for no more effort than a few clicks (and that premium drops alot if you live in a state with high sales taxes, and even more if you manage to milk bing cashback one last time) on ebay is not as absurd as you would portray it to be.

Just because you don't value your time/have lots of time to kill going to stores doesn't mean everyone else does.

[quote name='bojay1997']Again, unlikely. They are still widely available at retail in pretty massive quantities. I saw a stack of about ten at a fairly small Best Buy yesterday and Fry's still had tons of them. This is by far the most copies of any Blizzard CE I have ever seen, so it seems like the days of actually limited CE's from Blizzard are over.[/QUOTE]

The lich king CE definitely had more copies laying around then what sc2 does right now. I have checked most of the best buys around me. out of 8 stores 1 has em. Also, walmart 3 stores have em out of like 10. and I saw 2 at the target. These will sell as more reviews pour in, more people upgrade their pcs, etc. etc. the game has been out for like 3 days, give it another week. if im wrong im wrong.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Are you looking to buy a whole new PC or just a video card upgrade?

I highly suggest you build your own as it will be vastly cheaper. If you don't know how or don't know someone who does to help you out, there are a lot of video tutorials on youtube and such. It's not as hard as you think at all. In fact, just grab an old PC, take it apart, and put it back together...that's the best kind of practice without risking new hardware.

If you're looking for a video card upgrade only, the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB has dropped in price (you can find them for $120-140) and even supports DX11. I have the Sapphire model and there isn't anything I can't currently run maxed out.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I have a 5 year old dell dimension. It's got some good ram and an okay pentium processor. It's old tech for the most part but I could get away with just a video card upgrade according to the srtest results. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='teh_minus'] 5 year old dell[/QUOTE]

If you can, you may want to buy yourself a power supply too. You try to force a video card on an OEM PSU and you may just shut down and damage the whole computer.

I bought a regular and collectors edition of the game, and I redeemed the cd key for the regular edition. So now I have the collectors edition game case sealed. Would that be something someone would want to buy? Includes the game sealed cd key with WOW Thor pet, unique Thor unit in SC2 and SC2 unique infant decals like a Diablo portrait all linked to that cd key. $60 sounds fair since that's the MSRP of the regular game and it's sealed

bread's done
Back