Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

I have been having issues as well. I have to refresh a few times before I can ever get to where I want to go.

Wow surprising how fast that video loaded, no buffering or anything. That was just kick ass, liked the new additions to gameplay with the map and the new units/abilities. The first baneling encounter I was like oh shit this is gonna hurt, this is gonnnaaa hurttt! OHHHHH!!! haha ^^

that battle report made me fall asleep. the players either weren't that good or weren't experienced with the game, they had like 1500 minerals the entire time.

Um no new posts in this thread?
Activision-Blizzard (or whatever they are called) said at E3 this is due Holiday 09.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Um no new posts in this thread?
Activision-Blizzard (or whatever they are called) said at E3 this is due Holiday 09.[/QUOTE]

Woah, really? I had heard Blizz wasn't going to be at E3 this year. That's some shocking news considering the lack of details given out so far. I'm psyched though, haven't done some good dungeon crawling since PSO.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/621042...-of-2009-call-of-duty-expanding-to-new-genres

[6:55] There will be a Starcraft II beta test later this summer, and Morhaime offers to get anyone in attendance into the program. Morhaime expects to launch Starcraft II by the end of the year, though he also notes that it will only ship once the game is done.

[6:56] Morhaime says that more about the games will be revealed at BlizzCon and encourages everyone to attend the August show, which sold out yesterday.

[6:56] Morhaime closes with a cinematic cutscene video from Starcraft II's single-player campaign.

So it looks like it could still be delayed and we won't know for sure till Blizzcon, but Gamestop labeled it for end of 2009 which is why I posted here. I guess we'll know for sure at Blizzcon.

Derr, I'm an idiot. I thought this was the D3 thread. SCII is still good news in my book though. What's the word on the 3 games though, are they still doing that?

Lets hope that SCII does actually come out before the end of the year but they'd be better to release it in the spring of next year with all the game crunch in that time.

no game will take any attn or sales away from sc2.. if anything a sc2 fall release should make every other company hold off till spring

Not shipping 2 out of 3 campaigns? That's kinda super fucking dumb.

If they're not free DLC, Blizzard will have legit lost their fucking minds.

Whats the big deal? You still get all races for multiplayer and skirmish. Come on, you know how many Blizzard nuts there are out there? And they aren't charging online fees, so they will get away with three separate campaigns.

It also means that the campaign will be rather uh... long lol.

I hope they don't delay till 2010, 2010 is already looking insanely good if any more games get delayed to 2010. Right now theres little to celebrate on the PC for the rest of the year outside of this and Sims 3. Exclusive wise anyways.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Whats the big deal? You still get all races for multiplayer and skirmish. Come on, you know how many Blizzard nuts there are out there? And they aren't charging online fees, so they will get away with three separate campaigns.

It also means that the campaign will be rather uh... long lol.

I hope they don't delay till 2010, 2010 is already looking insanely good if any more games get delayed to 2010. Right now theres little to celebrate on the PC for the rest of the year outside of this and Sims 3. Exclusive wise anyways.[/QUOTE]
Just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should *Cough Left 4 Dead 2 Cough Cough*

It's still kind of a dick move.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should *Cough Left 4 Dead 2 Cough Cough*

It's still kind of a dick move.[/QUOTE]

You think they split it up for them to be able to work on Diablo III at the same time or because they're now apart of Activision who seem to pride on yearly sequels?

I've seen the beta running, and it's pretty clean and smooth. I'm far from a Starcraft fan, but it looks a lot more done than Blizzard is letting on.

Leaked specs from a old leak in May were released to which I forgot to mentioned.

Minumum Requirements
GFX: GeForce 7/8 Series or Radeon 1000/2000 with 256 MB RAM
CPU: Pentium 4
RAM: 1 GB
Internet: ADSL 1 Mbit

Recommended Requirements
GFX: GeForce 8000 or Radeon 2000 series with 512 MB RAM
CPU: Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2.
RAM: 2 GB
Internet: ADSL 3 Mbit

Me and the Wife are in the process of looking for a good gaming laptop $700 or less so hopefully we can get one by December.

What does Steam do?

Without LAN, you won't be able to play locally. At all. An internet connection will be required, which is, frankly, pretty stupid.

Basically you have to connect to Steam first, then there will be an option to look for games on your LAN. Yeah it's kinda stupid. Blizzard's probably only doing it because of things like Hamachi

well after looking at some of the gameplay footage....

I'm kinda disappointed... it's not RADICALLY different than the first one.

*Prettier graphics
* The #2 in the name
*Possibly some teeny amount of new units.

But that's it....

I'm hoping for a new faction... at least... and an awesome map editor... HUGE this time.

And have they gone 3D yet? full 3D map? not 3D on 2d background?

Crotch, can you take my name out of the topic title? It kinda freaks me out everytime I see it. And I'm going to Blizzcon again this year, ahah

[quote name='xycury']well after looking at some of the gameplay footage....

I'm kinda disappointed... it's not RADICALLY different than the first one.

*Prettier graphics
* The #2 in the name
*Possibly some teeny amount of new units.

But that's it....

I'm hoping for a new faction... at least... and an awesome map editor... HUGE this time.

And have they gone 3D yet? full 3D map? not 3D on 2d background?[/QUOTE]

Well think of it this way... Warcraft III was a pretty different from Warcraft II and I think that is the game you need to go play if you were looking for something newer/fresher out of a Blizzard RTS. Starcraft has a huge following already and a lot of it is around professional gaming and tournaments so they don't want to go drastically modifying the type of game it is and the way the game plays. That being said there are still some pretty cool new additions including new units and the way terrain can be manipulated and used for cover.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Well think of it this way... Warcraft III was a pretty different from Warcraft II and I think that is the game you need to go play if you were looking for something newer/fresher out of a Blizzard RTS. Starcraft has a huge following already and a lot of it is around professional gaming and tournaments so they don't want to go drastically modifying the type of game it is and the way the game plays. That being said there are still some pretty cool new additions including new units and the way terrain can be manipulated and used for cover.[/QUOTE]

I guess that was what I was hoping for... a W2->W3 of how radically different they are.

I'll eventaully pick it up, but I am not in the tourny kinda playstyle so even having that be a reason why it isn't more awesome doesn't trill me.

Right now D3 will be an instant buy probably. ( at least a sale price maybe through amazon)

But SC2 will be a "when it hits 20".

Delayed until "first half of 2010."

Blizzard cites Battle.net as the reason for the delay. They go on to say that Diablo 3 is unaffected by this.

I was talking about this with a friend just last night - you'd think if the game had been slated for 2009, they'd be making a huge uproar about it the whole time to drum up hype.

"The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward. This extra development time will be critical to help us realize our vision for the service."

Hmmm. Interesting.

Oh well, I'll have Modern Warfare 2 to tide me over until then.

Sucks that it was delayed, was just about to post that. Lol, I'll have Aion to hold me over until then probably.

Okay, I'm back. Don't know why people were asking me to update this thing while I was away, but... eh, whatever. I'll get around to it after the weekend.[quote name='xycury']
I'm hoping for a new faction... at least... and an awesome map editor... HUGE this time.[/QUOTE]
This, at least, I can speak to. There is, supposedly, no new playable faction, but it has been hinted at that the Xel'naga will show up as NPCs. I could be really out of the loop, though.

And the new map editor can microwave a burrito so hot that God himself can not eat it for fear of burning his mouth.

So you're probably expecting me to update the OP with a bunch of new shit.

Problem is, a lot of the new stuff coming out is related to the single player campaign, and that means spoiler fucking city. I'm trying to keep clear of that noise. I'll do what I can, anyway.

And awesome video, Strell.

EDIT: See, Zeratul doesn't even bother cloaking. That's just how fuckin' awesome he is.

so Blizzcon is this Friday & Saturday... I should have a lot of play time with SC2 while I'm there (along with the beta that still hasn't started yet, sadly)

[quote name='The Crotch']Well I was updating this thread the other day, when I was struck by this...[/QUOTE]

ouch, black screen of death?

I wonder if there will be a beta, or even a trial of it before release....

bread's done
Back