Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

Just did a game; Me vs Magus and Crotch. And I totally won. Sorry guys, you just can't keep up!

This is a joke btw... it was fun games and it was great watching you guys play. Even though I lost every time...

Last edited by a moderator:
My impressions on the beta:

-I am terrible
-That bug where the game won't close is annoying.

$0.02

Yeah i have to force the game to close every time i exit. Didn't happen when i first started playing, but now it does every time.

Eh, I get random freezes - sometimes even forcing me to reboot - whenever I do pretty much anything.

I'm just happy when it doesn't give me a loss when i try to start a game.

Uh, is that voice a joke? Wtf?

Oh I see, that is a pretty good strategy. I like how he quickly got some Zerglings from a 10pool. I'm gonna go try this.

Alright, done with the Day9 videos.

If anyone wants to see some holyfuckingawesome TvP with ludicrous Terran aggression, take a look at his videos here and here.

EDIT: " DarkNessBear It's his way of keeping his strategy to the Hardcores only; make it so annoying sounding nobody will watch. 19 minutes ago"

He'd have a lot more success if he'd use fucking hotkeys - as hard as the voice is on the ears, seeing those mouse clicks just hurts my eyes. You know you're gettin' trolled as soon as you hear "proxy pylon".

Hmm... I see the CAG SC2 Beta Community is up. Hopefully you guys remember me from the original SC CAG tourney, where I had a couple of memorable matches but got my ass handed to me in the end. I have been wanting revenge for the last couple of years since we last played ....

That said .... Sup?

[quote name='The Crotch']Alright, done with the Day9 videos.

If anyone wants to see some holyfuckingawesome TvP with ludicrous Terran aggression, take a look at his videos here and here.
[/QUOTE]

In that first game
even though Nazgul lost, he had crazy good defense. Most people would have just gg'd after the first time he lost most of his probes.

Holy shit that was a tense game. I had a terran building right on my doorstep, thankfully me teammate sent some siege tanks to help hold them back. I was pretty well built up so i started building as many battle cruisers as i could with two starports. between that and some land units i manged to push the guy back away from my base while my teammate flanked them. Dude was so pissed about losing a near certain victory that he rage quit.

Man, my Youtube (in HD) has been streaming SO SLOW lately. Like it will take me 30minutes to fully load one part of a HDStarcraft video. This has never happened before, I'd click 1080p and it would be instantly streaming. I have a 20mbps download rate and I shouldnt have these problems. Anyone got any solutions? I can't watch the damn tournaments...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man, my Youtube (in HD) has been streaming SO SLOW lately. Like it will take me 30minutes to fully load one part of a HDStarcraft video. This has never happened before, I'd click 1080p and it would be instantly streaming. I have a 20mbps download rate and I shouldnt have these problems. Anyone got any solutions? I can't watch the damn tournaments...[/QUOTE]

Same problem here. Sometimes, I got one video of the bunch to load up quickly, but most of them were slow. In between all the loading times of the 8-9 videos I watched I actually started and finished watching Sherlock Holmes and DayBreakers. Both were good if anyone's wondering. The only thing I could suggest if open them up in tabs and let them sit in the background.

And a question out of curiosity? Does anyone watch Goatrope's stream on TeamLiquid? Those guys should really have their own talk show host. They are fucking hilarious if you ask me. Every time goat is streaming, I just leave them in the background while I surf the net. It's the most entertaining shit ever. The only thing that could make that show better is them inviting me to their ventrilo server.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Same problem here. Sometimes, I got one video of the bunch to load up quickly, but most of them were slow. In between all the loading times of the 8-9 videos I watched I actually started and finished watching Sherlock Holmes and DayBreakers. Both were good if anyone's wondering. The only thing I could suggest if open them up in tabs and let them sit in the background.
[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's good to know I'm not alone. It's definitely a Yotube thing. Because sometimes I can click 1080p and it loads fine without even pausing. And sometimes it takes up to an hour to buffer the entire clip. Youtube really needs to fix their servers...

I think void rays need to be modified back to a 3 stage attack; with the same min and max damage as their 2 stage attack.

When they change targets, their charge level should 'drop' one level. Part of their strength is in the sustained damage; the more you throw at them to try and defend, the more rapestove they become. I think the goal with voids is to do well against capital class ships and big units; 4-5 well positioned voids can demolish tiny units absurdly well, though.. they're absolutely beatable, but their sustained damage is a little too strong when they've charged up beating enemy peons and buildings.

Void ray needs either a range nerf of 1 or fleet beacon to build.
Or lower damage more but give bonus vs. massive.
People are teching to void rays in like 5 mins and it's hard for Zerg to defend, you either have to also tech to t2 or build a bunch of spores or rush.

[quote name='Tony208']Void ray needs either a range nerf of 1 or fleet beacon to build.
Or lower damage more but give bonus vs. massive.
People are teching to void rays in like 5 mins and it's hard for Zerg to defend, you either have to also tech to t2 or build a bunch of spores or rush.[/QUOTE]

IMO, keep them the same but when they switch targets they have to recharge the laser. I don't think that would underpower them or overpower them.

[quote name='life.exe']IMO, keep them the same but when they switch targets they have to recharge the laser. I don't think that would underpower them or overpower them.[/QUOTE]

I think my idea would be a balance of the two; if they lost SOME of their damage but not all of it, they would become weaker against mass small units - as they should be - but not neutered entirely like they would be if they went back to stage 1 after killing something.

Nah, they def need a range nerf, they are at 7 right now which is further than almost every ground unit. They chew up the front line while the rear struggle to get in range to attack.

From a guy whose been using them pretty religiously, if they decide to have them decharge on a target switch, its going to be a big nerf and they are going to be completely useless against anything except buildings. Their damage is pitiful when its not on phase 3 and it takes about 7 seconds to get that full charge. 1 void ray cannot kill a carrier/bc 1v1 and if you invest in 2 just to kill 1, then you overpaid(that is if they decharge on target switch).

If they do decide to go back to what they were in alpha(complete decharge on target switch). Then they need to bring back a phase 2 damage and faster charge time. In a big skirmish, nothing last more than 7 seconds unless they're behind enemy fire or they arrived late for battle.

Fun fact: If you target switch or your target dies before reaching phase 2, you have to charge up completely again. So if it takes 3.5 seconds of focus fire to get to phase 2, and a target dies after 3 seconds, you need to start all over again, and can't just continue on another target to get that .5 second attack. Same from phase 2 to 3. That being said, I made a test map with 1 voidray + a field of speedlings. I was never able to get to phase 2.

I've been specifically avoiding using Void Rays in anticipation of an upcoming nerf.

Also, wow, Mutas have got to be the least frightening thing evar. Go Sentries/Stalkers!

EDIT: Also, might I recommend taking a look at this rather nice little map for your unit testing purposes?

Phoenixes are pretty much destroys mutas after patch 11.

Funny though, I never really had any problems with void rays until after patch 11. It seemed every protoss player used them now.

Nice unit tester map Crotch. Thanks.

Interesting to see that Fully Upgraded starting units go: Zerglings > Marines > Zealots. I really thought it would be the other way... Fully Upgraded lings are rape.

*Also. One of every unit from their faction fight goes like: Protoss >>>>>>Terran > Zerg. With Terran costing the most for 1 of every unit. And Zerg vs Terran is close, but the Battle Cruiser doesn't die. Protoss just destroys... Carriers, Colossus, Immortal, Void Ray... and that's without a Mothership.

How many of each are we talking about here? I was under the impression that a marine ball beats the same number of lings and zealots simply because they don't have to deal with melee traffic.

[quote name='JolietJake']Friend complains about not having a beta code for SC2, finally gets one and now never wants to play.

Wtf.....[/QUOTE]
Omg! I know. My friend is obsessed with Starcraft and was dying to play. So when I finally got a code I rushed and contacted him, but he said he got one from another friend a minute before I told him. So I was excited to play with him and he has played maybe 4 times in 1-2 months... So annoying.

And I got one for my brother and he has played twice and does not want to touch it again. Gah! Can't get anyone into it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
Interesting to see that Fully Upgraded starting units go: Zerglings > Marines > Zealots. I really thought it would be the other way... Fully Upgraded lings are rape.[/QUOTE]
It makes sense that upgraded Zerglings would do better against upgraded Zealots than un-upgraded. Charge doesn't help much when you're not trying to get through gunfire and don't have the numbers for a surround. Zergling speed, on the other hand, makes their auto-surround a good deal stronger.

Zerglings are still a good deal weaker in SC2 than SC1 by my reckoning.

Does anyone know if your preorder Starcraft 2 at amazon or bestbuy, if you can cancel your preorder after your get the beta code?

[quote name='The Crotch']...

Beta.[/QUOTE]
He complains about more base line things. First game we played he kept complaining about me walling, saying it was a good way to get my buildings destroyed. Guess you couldn't do that in SC1? Anyway, when i rushed him he shut up about that.

Well, it is a good way to get a few buildings fucked up.

Saw some pretty brutal Banelings busts in one of the Day9s. Barracks wall good against Banelings, supply depot wall... not quite so much.

Better a few supply depots or barracks than the whole base. He's just pissed that he doesn't know everything about SC anymore. Doesn't want to bother learning anything new. I'm just waiting for him to say he'll stick with the first game.

Another glorious string of losses thanks to Bnet disconnecting/freezing on me. Beta!
[quote name='JolietJake']Better a few supply depots or barracks than the whole base.[/QUOTE]
1: The point of the Baneling bust is to open up the rest of the base for the regular army. Yes, better the depots than your entire worker line, but the point is, be careful what you wall with.
2: It's not so much that the buildings are vulnerable early on when the wall is saving you from a rush, it's that that supply depot hanging out at the lip of the ramp can be very easy to snipe with minimal risk to the aggressor later on.
[quote name='JolietJake']He's just pissed that he doesn't know everything about SC anymore. Doesn't want to bother learning anything new. I'm just waiting for him to say he'll stick with the first game.[/QUOTE]
Does he think there were no walls in SC1?

[quote name='JolietJake']Friend complains about not having a beta code for SC2, finally gets one and now never wants to play.

Wtf.....[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? I've been waiting for this game to come out for 10 years. And now we got yuppies getting it easy by simply pre-ordering it or just waiting for a week or so (after just hearing about the beta).

FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUUFUFUFU

1v1 on beta sure is boring... that being said, anyone want to play 2s and try to climb the 2s ladder? Last i checked I was #1 plat in 2s with another friend a few days ago, probably knocked down by now.

Wtf.....[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it but I'm kind of the same way. I guess RTS' never stick long with me. I never say no to a 2v2 with some of my friends though. Just not a fan of 1v1, too much pressure :lol:

bread's done
Back