Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

Amazon Release Date Shipping failed me for the second time - my copy won't arrive until tomorrow. Did this happen to anyone else, and can I get money back from Amazon if I complain? This happened to me for MW2 as well, and I'm pretty pissed at them.

Wheee, I'm loving the campaign. Only did three or four missions until I became able to begin upgrading stuff. Honestly I absolutely love what they did to the campaign and it easily stands out in the genre and I'd expect no less from a sequel that came 12 years after the original.

[quote name='buddynayr']Amazon Release Date Shipping failed me for the second time - my copy won't arrive until tomorrow. Did this happen to anyone else, and can I get money back from Amazon if I complain? This happened to me for MW2 as well, and I'm pretty pissed at them.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can get a refund on shipping and sometimes even a little bit of a bonus beyond that. I had received my copy from Amazon though, which I'm thankful for.

[quote name='Draekon']Wheee, I'm loving the campaign. Only did three or four missions until I became able to begin upgrading stuff. Honestly I absolutely love what they did to the campaign and it easily stands out in the genre and I'd expect no less from a sequel that came 12 years after the original.

[/QUOTE]

I've heard that there are EIGHTY missions. If thats true, everyone who complained that SC2's campaign was a rip off should be satisfied that they're getting a good value.

3.5 hours till I can install...

Should there be a thread for the Single Player and one for the Multiplayer? The multiplayer stands alone and I still want to see discussions without the SP Spoilers.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Should there be a thread for the Single Player and one for the Multiplayer? The multiplayer stands alone and I still want to see discussions without the SP Spoilers.[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea. Having everybody talk about SP and MP plus all the custom maps in one thread is going to get a little bloated.

Anyway, I've never played Starcraft. In the past week or so, I kind of hyped myself up for Starcraft 2 and decided that it was time I actually did so. Just to experience the story at least. Hopefully by the time I'm done there will be a sale on SC2 (but I doubt it). $60 is a lot of money for a game and I haven't paid that since winter 2008.

SHIT!

ups just dropped off my collectors edition and I have my first date with this girl in 45 minutes and I still need to shower. Oh well, I guess its gonna have to wait till I get home later.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I've heard that there are EIGHTY missions. If thats true, everyone who complained that SC2's campaign was a rip off should be satisfied that they're getting a good value.

3.5 hours till I can install...[/QUOTE]

Heh, I've found a World of Warcraft easter egg in the campaign that I won't give away where or what it is. Really hilarious to me.

Also loving The Lost Viking mini-game (It's a SHMUP). Man, I can't wait to see what else the campaign has to offer because so far it does not disappoint.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Should there be a thread for the Single Player and one for the Multiplayer? The multiplayer stands alone and I still want to see discussions without the SP Spoilers.[/QUOTE]

Go start one or the other then. I don't plan to really give out spoilers, but I will continue to flood with oncoming "This game is fucking awesome, yo." statements. :p

[quote name='gargus']SHIT!

ups just dropped off my collectors edition and I have my first date with this girl in 45 minutes and I still need to shower. Oh well, I guess its gonna have to wait till I get home later.[/QUOTE]

You don't really *need* that shower, do you? After all, if you skip out on SC2 now, you'll be behind the curve and forever a noob on battle.net.

Hell, she didn't bring her laptop and copy of SC2 for the date? What were you planning on doing? A dinner? A movie? Something *not* SC2?

j/k, you go have fun. I'm stuck packing for a move instead of battle.netting it up.

[quote name='Phokis']You don't really *need* that shower, do you? After all, if you skip out on SC2 now, you'll be behind the curve and forever a noob on battle.net.

Hell, she didn't bring her laptop and copy of SC2 for the date? What were you planning on doing? A dinner? A movie? Something *not* SC2?

j/k, you go have fun. I'm stuck packing for a move instead of battle.netting it up.
[/QUOTE]
Hahahaha

All is fair in love and battle.net

I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. I didn't know what to think as I'm new to Starcraft. I haven't even started online yet though...

My copy just shipped from Dell. Delivery date is estimated at 8/4 right now, but I'm hoping it comes in sooner. Either way, I'm ok waiting a week, knowing I saved $15.

When you get home, wash your hands first. That stuff will never wash off the box.

[quote name='gargus']SHIT!

ups just dropped off my collectors edition and I have my first date with this girl in 45 minutes and I still need to shower. Oh well, I guess its gonna have to wait till I get home later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Phokis']You don't really *need* that shower, do you? After all, if you skip out on SC2 now, you'll be behind the curve and forever a noob on battle.net.

[/QUOTE]

Well she called to say she was going to be a little late, then called to cancel and I asked if I call her right back and now she isnt answering. So I guess its just me and sc2 tongiht, why is it my games always treat me better than women?

[quote name='lmz00']Nothing happens when I select multiplayer. Is it just me?

Maybe because it shows my status as "queued."[/QUOTE]

My guess would be server overload, like trying to play a WoW expansion on release day. Blizzard still seems unable to cope with initial demand.

Yeah, the servers are overloaded. I was playing some Co-Op vs A.I. with a friend to get him use to races and what not and around an hour ago it started going all crappy.

Me too on the trial bandwagon, if anyone can spare one. Haven't played a PC game in awhile and I don't even know if my laptop can handle it but I wanna give it a go.

Do the original games on the USB key have their own CD key that I can add to Battle.net?
I've lost my original discs years ago so it'd be nice to have them again to download whenever I wanted.

Anyone have specs similar to mine, and have this game? If so, could you please tell me how it runs?

Windows XP pro SP3
Intel Core 2 duo CPU T5750 2.00 ghz
4 gigs of ram (only 3.18 gigs are usable apparently though)
ATI radeon xpress 1200 series

Sorry, PC gaming noob here :p If you guys could help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Anyone else having trouble connecting to Battle.net? It keeps saying It is not getting a response from Battle.net or my internet is down..check back later.

I have tried to shutdown my firewall and bypass my router, connecting my PC directly to my Modem and still can't connect to Battle.net..frustrated as hell because I can't even play offline till I authenticate through Battle.net. I can't even post in their technical forums because it requires to have 1 character made in SC2 which I can;t do unless I freaking connect to battle.net..

[quote name='Cigarboysucks']Anyone have specs similar to mine, and have this game? If so, could you please tell me how it runs?

Windows XP pro SP3
Intel Core 2 duo CPU T5750 2.00 ghz
4 gigs of ram (only 3.18 gigs are usable apparently though)
ATI radeon xpress 1200 series

Sorry, PC gaming noob here :p If you guys could help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Try this.

[quote name='Megazell']
Website Spotlight

Can You Run It?

34s5u9t.jpg

What it does

This site provides a One-Click solution that looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes, a simple, free software download is all that is needed. Sometimes you'll find that you need a different video card to fully experience what the game has to offer.

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

Megazell's Comment - This website is ideal for those of you with current rigs that may need a small change or upgrade to play the game of your desire. Currently, the list only covers commercials games. When building new rigs or check out rigs that are donate to the center this site saves me a lot of time. Don't just rely on it by itself sometimes another review of the game or product you are looking for is needed to get a better overview of your options

Click Here!

For The Full List Of 'Free And Legal PC Games.'
[/QUOTE]

If I get a trail key, its what 7 hours of play time? (or so I heard.) I assume them I'd have to download the game from Blizzard? How many gigs?

Thanks.

[quote name='floormat']just picked up a radeon hd 5450. should more than cover it...[/QUOTE]

Just a caution to others: do your research before you get a new video card. These darn card manufacturers love to mess with the consumers with their numbering. The 5450 is hardly a gaming card; it will struggle with about half the games out there, and will likely struggle with SC2. It most certainly can't do the higher settings, AFAIK.

I would advise folks thinking about an upgrade for this particular game (or in any instance) to read up a bit, check out some comparison benchmarks, and then make the buy. Really would hate to see anyone buy something for a purpose it might not work well for.

Originally Posted by floormat View Post
just picked up a radeon hd 5450. should more than cover it...

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Just a caution to others: do your research before you get a new video card. These darn card manufacturers love to mess with the consumers with their numbering. The 5450 is hardly a gaming card; it will struggle with about half the games out there, and will likely struggle with SC2. It most certainly can't do the higher settings, AFAIK.

I would advise folks thinking about an upgrade for this particular game (or in any instance) to read up a bit, check out some comparison benchmarks, and then make the buy. Really would hate to see anyone buy something for a purpose it might not work well for.[/QUOTE]

for whats it worth the dumb card said hdmi on the box but when i got it home it had a monitor out or something like that and i could order an adapter from there web site needless to say i returned it...

ordered a 240 evga for 57 dollars from evga on the gamestop/ mail in rebate deal. I asked Evga if this card would work to run at ultra and they said yes so if not i'll just return it.

any further thoughts or comments go ahead n thanks.

Is all the collector's edition stuff tied to just the one code that came with the game? Seems that once you enter the one code on the manual, it ties all the extra stuff to your bnet account as well. I was hoping I could sell the extra copy of SC1 and the WoW pet since I don't play WoW. Now I have a WoW pet on my bnet account that I will never use because I will never play WoW D:

I asked about video cards waaaaaaaaay long ago. Here were the responses from BattleChicken and Hydro2Oxide:

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I know it's a bit over your max but this is a great card from what I hear.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161334

Has Eyefinity support as well. If you want to save a few more bucks though this is another great card which I personally have. on a different computer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161315[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BattleChicken']For a Sub $100 card.. I'd try this. It's also DX 11:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874

Edit: I've never heard of HIS.. though the egg ratings on the cards are decent.. If you want the most for your money, the HIS versions of the cards seem cheaper.

I just bought one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5309&cm_re=ati_hd_5770-_-14-125-309-_-Product

I went with it for several reasons, even though there are better cards in terms of overall performance:

1) Price - in cost:performance, the card was one of the best
2) Power consumption - the Nvidia cards in the same price point used a LOT more power to run - this one should run OK in your power supply (i believe)
3) The card is Direct X 11 compatible - if you're thinking you'll use the card you get for the next 2-3 years, this one is future proof. The Nvidia cards are still all DX11, and most cards less expensive are still DX10.[/QUOTE]

I imagine these options are still basically the best.

[quote name='bs000']Is all the collector's edition stuff tied to just the one code that came with the game? Seems that once you enter the one code on the manual, it ties all the extra stuff to your bnet account as well. I was hoping I could sell the extra copy of SC1 and the WoW pet since I don't play WoW. Now I have a WoW pet on my bnet account that I will never use because I will never play WoW D:[/QUOTE]

The mini-thor pet for WoW is tied to the Starcraft 2 CD Key that you are required to enter into your battle.net account. As for the original game that comes on the thumb drive/dog tag? It's linked to an automatically added CD Key during the install process from the thumb drive. Don't know where it's stored at on the thumb drive though. Hell, the key may not even work with the normal or digital versions of Starcraft but only the install files on the thumb drive. It's possible you could take that key and throw it into your battle.net account too, however I don't know.

Holy fuck, this game is great so far. I'm incredibly rusty when it comes to multiplayer, and I've been having some server issues, but the single-player is a blast. I absolutely love the visual style, especially in the cut scenes and static non-mission stuff. It's making me thankful for all the upgrades to my machine that I procured a few months ago.

And Jimmy, man, Jimmy. Dude is better than ever.

[quote name='Strell']I asked about video cards waaaaaaaaay long ago. Here were the responses from BattleChicken and Hydro2Oxide:

I imagine these options are still basically the best.[/QUOTE]

Nvidia just put out a $200 part which is DX11 compatible, the GTX 460.

ATI has put out some additional parts, but within the sub $200 price range I would still suggest the ATI 5770 or 5750 so long as you got the 1 GB version

Last edited by a moderator:
I found an easter egg in one of the missions.. I missed the name of the unit, but I think it was a tauren marine, who launched itself into space in a portapotty.

[quote name='Strell']I asked about video cards waaaaaaaaay long ago. Here were the responses from BattleChicken and Hydro2Oxide...

Tom's Hardware does a great monthly summary of video cards that examines the best-in-class for different budgets. Here's the report for July 2010. This will give you an idea of the next card up (in terms of reviews) if you decide to splurge a bit.

[quote name='Draekon']Woe is me... branching decisions...

And oh so many World of Warcraft references.[/QUOTE]
haha the protect colonists vs purify them? I chose protect, but now I kinda regret it since I was hoping we'd find a cure.

[quote name='Strell']I asked about video cards waaaaaaaaay long ago. Here were the responses from BattleChicken and Hydro2Oxide:

Early benchmarks are showing the NVIDIA cards outperforming their ATI counterparts on Starcraft 2.

1920.png

I was able to get my 256MB 8600 GTS running medium settings at 1920 x 1080 and it looked pretty good, so I would recommend to my friends that they error for the cheaper options if they're not heavy PC gamers. I'm not an expert though.
http://pctuning.tyden.cz/ilustrace3/Sulc/starcraft2/1920.png

[quote name='jkanownik']Early benchmarks are showing the NVIDIA cards outperforming their ATI counterparts on Starcraft 2.

I was able to get my 256MB 8600 GTS running medium settings at 1920 x 1080 and it looked pretty good, so I would recommend to my friends that they error for the cheaper options if they're not heavy PC gamers. I'm not an expert though.
[/QUOTE]

DX11 support should be a driver in whatever card a person purchases; Nvidia only has a handful of cards with DX11 support (many of the cheap ones are only DX9 in fact), and only one in the $200 price point. In a few months, for the sub $200 cards Nvidia might be something to consider, but if you plan on using a video card for longer than a year a Radeon is the only way to go right now.

i'm curious what kind of performance you guys are getting. i'm running two 4850s (1 gb) in xfire but i get quite a bit of slowdown with everything set to ultra on 1680x1050. other specs are: amd 965, 4 gb of ddr3 1600. i would have thought this machine could handle ultra. the graphics set to high run pretty smooth though.

bread's done
Back