Starcraft Battle Chest (PC) $9.77 DotD & Blizzard Gold Box Today at Amazon

[quote name='o2012o']Diablo 2 still costs that much because it is
A) still a great game
B) still played (a lot) online[/QUOTE]

If there is one company whose games tend to hold their value for very long periods of time, its Blizzard.

Starcraft is, what, an 12 year old game? And its MSRP is 20. WC3's MSRP is 30 or 40 (the battle chests, of course)

Don't forget, those who are buying things today in the blizzard sale, you can register your CDKEYs with a Battle.net account and have them saved as Digital downloads for the future!

[quote name='plutoknight']
Don't forget, those who are buying things today in the blizzard sale, you can register your CDKEYs with a Battle.net account and have them saved as Digital downloads for the future![/QUOTE]

i really like that they implemented that, no more having to keep track of cd's and cd keys.

Like Nintendo, Blizzard makes "Evergreen" games which continue to sell at full or near full price for years after their release. Plain and simple; they still cost that much because people (not us) are still willing to pay that much.

edit:
[quote name='benwah']how'd you get it for $5?[/QUOTE]

Free S&H plus $15 of video game spacebux from pre-ordering Just Cause 2.

Wow, since when was there a new version of the Diablo Battlechest? Because, they're not including the original anymore and I'm sure it came with it before.

In for Starcraft Battle Chest. I lost my copy long ago. I am hoping they have a discount on WoW timecards. I have been clean for a year but with the end of the semester coming up I would not mind jumping back in until Catclysm.

[quote name='o2012o']Diablo 2 still costs that much because it is
A) still a great game
B) still played (a lot) online[/QUOTE]

QFT, im so hot for D3 i cant stand it!

anyone who's had more experience with these deals, if i add the D2 BC to my cart, will the deal stay all day? cause i wanna hold out until 6pm for the WC3 battle chest, so it all gets calculated in the same shipping.

[quote name='benwah']anyone who's had more experience with these deals, if i add the D2 BC to my cart, will the deal stay all day? cause i wanna hold out until 6pm for the WC3 battle chest, so it all gets calculated in the same shipping.[/QUOTE]

AS long as it does not sell out, you'll be fine. If you have to close the browser, make sure you manually log out (don't just close the browser). Sometimes Amazon oversells items, but I do not think this would be one of them.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']In for Starcraft Battle Chest. I lost my copy long ago. I am hoping they have a discount on WoW timecards. I have been clean for a year but with the end of the semester coming up I would not mind jumping back in until Catclysm.[/QUOTE]

I am still a relative noob since I began playing last June or so, then stopped for 3 months and since my acct got jacked even w/o a sub (I guess they subbed to jack my stuff) I got a month's playtime so I've been back at it and it's been rather enjoyable. random BGs and dungeons are nice! Beats having to meet up at places etc. Just hop on queue for a couple of randoms and get out.

Warcraft III Battlechest for 19.99.

I've never played a rts, so is getting Starcraft and Warcraft III Battlechest a good idea for beginners?

[quote name='Virsago']Warcraft III Battlechest for 19.99.

I've never played a rts, so is getting Starcraft and Warcraft III Battlechest a good idea for beginners?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Very much so.

Go with WC3 first, though, its a bit easier than Starcraft imo.. But for 30 bucks, especially for both games which have incredibly active multiplayer and custom communities, in addition to sprawling long single player campaigns.....thats a lot of value.

[quote name='bigsick']These Blizzard deals are garbage. The same can be had for 10+ dollars less on gamestops site.[/QUOTE]

Yep, really sad. Was hoping against hope for a cheap wow battlechest so I can get a second account, but gamestop was still cheaper til the 25th.

[quote name='Virsago']Warcraft III Battlechest for 19.99.

I've never played a rts, so is getting Starcraft and Warcraft III Battlechest a good idea for beginners?[/QUOTE]

Starcraft is both the easiest and hardest of RTS games out there

i notice on my order it says "shipping estimate: April 8th", is that the day i'll prob recieve it or the day that they will ship it out?
i notice that it says "in stock, April 3rd", so prob be shipped out that day and 5 days for shipping would be 8th but just want to make sure.

[quote name='cecilvaliant']i notice on my order it says "shipping estimate: April 8th", is that the day i'll prob recieve it or the day that they will ship it out?
i notice that it says "in stock, April 3rd", so prob be shipped out that day and 5 days for shipping would be 8th but just want to make sure.[/QUOTE]
If you picked FSSS (the free shipping) then that's the shipping estimate, but Amazon is usually very good at beating that estimate by a good 2-3 or sometimes 4 days. :O.

Its likely you'll have it by that date, barring unusual circumstances..

[quote name='cecilvaliant']i notice on my order it says "shipping estimate: April 8th", is that the day i'll prob recieve it or the day that they will ship it out?
i notice that it says "in stock, April 3rd", so prob be shipped out that day and 5 days for shipping would be 8th but just want to make sure.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have amazon prime and it tells me that my diablo battle chest estimated shipping date is April 19... umm.

bread's done
Back