Starcraft deals/promotions? Still nothing?

I doubt there would be any promotion going on for it. Games like this or call of duty never have good promotion, it's always going to be full on price.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']One of the biggest games in years is out in 3 days and I'm not seeing a single deal or promotion.[/QUOTE]

Blizzard is in Activision's world now

Just from the top of my head from what I've seen in the past few days.

Kmart is giving a $20 gift card with preorder.
Dell.com is selling the preorder for around $45 (I think this deal is dead however)
Best Buy is giving the reward zone members 500 points with preorder (good for a $10 gift card)

Like I said, just from the top of my head so I have no idea if these deals are still valid anymore.

Well, color me shocked. Then again, Blizzard still sells Warcraft III for $40, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised they're not discounting their newest baby.
I saw that Dell deal and hesitated. Now I'm kicking myself for not jumping.

So has anyone heard ANYTHING about the midnight launch at Gamestop?

They are supposedly giving away a coupon book but they do not say what is really in it.

Has anyone heard anything?

I know I saw a deal to get it for 45$ from Dell I think I'm not 100% on where check Gizmodo and search for geek deals or something similar I know it was free shipping also.

[quote name='Bartboy']I know I saw a deal to get it for 45$ from Dell I think I'm not 100% on where check Gizmodo and search for geek deals or something similar I know it was free shipping also.[/QUOTE]

There's a thread here about it. It lasted for a few hours one morning. I was lucky enough to get in on it, but if you check dell's website, they have it for full MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SelmaBlair']One of the biggest games in years is out in 3 days and I'm not seeing a single deal or promotion.[/QUOTE]

You wont find many really aside from a gift card with purchase.

Blizzard is in with activision now and much like activision increased the price of modern warfare 2 on the pc by 10 dollars (59 dollars up from the normal pc game price of 49 dollars) and locking down the price hard, it seems the same thing is happening with starcraft 2. Hell even to this day if you find a deal on modern warfare 2 for the pc its priced at 49 dollars, so on sale its the same price as everyother pc on the shelf.

[quote name='gargus']You wont find many really aside from a gift card with purchase.

Blizzard is in with activision now and much like activision increased the price of modern warfare 2 on the pc by 10 dollars (59 dollars up from the normal pc game price of 49 dollars) and locking down the price hard, it seems the same thing is happening with starcraft 2. Hell even to this day if you find a deal on modern warfare 2 for the pc its priced at 49 dollars, so on sale its the same price as everyother pc on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

If you had read some of the replies here, you'd see that Blizzard has been charging $60 for their games long before Activision came along.

bread's done
Back