Starcraft Problems

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Hello everyone I recently got the Starcraft Battle Chest and when I got home I installed and then went to play but it wouldn't recognize that I had the CD in the drive. I tried just having the Starcraft Disc in and that didn't work, I tried having just the Brood War Disc in drive and that didn't work and then I tried putting them both in my CD drives and that didn't work either. Well now I am stuck, it works if I use a No-CD crack but I am not sure if Battle.net would let me do that. Does anyone know wether I can play on Battle.net with a No-CD or how I can possibly fix this problem?

EDIT: btw I am using Vista but please spare me the flaming, I have heard enough of it.

EDIT 2: I have updated to the latest patch.

The only thing I can think of would be trying to run them in compatibility mode. I think it still works the same way in Vista as it did in Xp.

Thanks for the reply Sketch but oddly enough it was the compatibility mode that was messing it up, after I disabled that it ran fine.

A mod can lock this now.

lol, you could've used DAEMON tools. I use that now after I lost my CD, just like every other PC game that I buy.

Starcraft worked fine for me on Vista without compatability mode, except people couldn't join my games. Setting it to compatability with 98 made my the game not find the CDs. 2k compatability lets me both play and host, YAY!

I use a nocd patch because I hate the noise from my cd drive whenever it spins up. I haven't had any problems playing online.

Starcraft worked fine for me on Vista without compatability mode, except people couldn't join my games. Setting it to compatability with 98 made my the game not find the CDs. 2k compatability lets me both play and host, YAY!

Yeah setting it 98 compatibility mode I had the same problem. The funny thing is that I can host games just fine with no compatibility mode enabled.

lol, you could've used DAEMON tools. I use that now after I lost my CD, just like every other PC game that I buy.

I tried using it but it still couldn't find the disc cause the compatibility mode was messsing it up.

I use a nocd patch because I hate the noise from my cd drive whenever it spins up. I haven't had any problems playing online.

Does it Mute you when playing online? That is what I read a bunch of places on the 'net.

I would play starcraft to warm up for sc2 however I lost my cd key. which is weird cus over the 10 years since sc has been out i must have bought it like 4 times.

bread's done
Back