Stargate 15th Anniversary Blu-Ray $5.99

I don't like Stargate at all. But I like the TV shows.

I think it has to do with Kurt Russell being a bad actor IMO.

[quote name='Fire2box']
I think it has to do with Kurt Russell being a bad actor IMO.[/QUOTE]

Booo! The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from NY, and Deathproof are some of my favorite movies, and I think none would be quite the same without him. To each their own.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Booo! The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from NY, and Deathproof are some of my favorite movies, and I think none would be quite the same without him. To each their own.[/QUOTE]

And Breakdown. That movie wouldn't have worked so well without his fantastic performance.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']I saw it for $5 at Target last week. Not on sale, just normal stickered shelftag.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, there are 2 versions of Stargate on blu-ray. And the one Target sells is not the 15th anni good version, but the crappy stand alone version that is a bad upscale upgrade. I remember researching when Walmart had it for $5 and the 15th anni edition was never this low I think.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']In my experience, there are 2 versions of Stargate on blu-ray. And the one Target sells is not the 15th anni good version, but the crappy stand alone version that is a bad upscale upgrade. I remember researching when Walmart had it for $5 and the 15th anni edition was never this low I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the $5 Target one is the old crappy release.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Booo! The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from NY, and Deathproof are some of my favorite movies, and I think none would be quite the same without him. To each their own.[/QUOTE]

Well I did like The thing and Deathproof other then it's 1 hour setup time to state "yes this guy is bad". But I guess I just like Richard Dean Anderson a whole lot more in the role.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, the $5 Target one is the old crappy release.[/QUOTE]

I lucked into the 15th Anniv edition at Target for $4. I think it was a special order on clearance. That's the right price for that movie.

escape from new york!

Anyone know if this is supposed to come with a slipcase? Heard someone mention it once but the one I picked up a little while back at the same price at Best Buy didn't have one. Let me know if Amazon is shipping them with slipcases or not.

Just to clear up any potential confusion -- this is the newer "15th Anniversary" version, which is the one that you want:

6569_large.jpg

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stargate-Blu-ray/6569/

This is the old version with the poor PQ, that you don't want. Seriously, avoid this one:

133_large.jpg

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stargate-Blu-ray/133/

I've seen the old version with a slipcover (though it was just some crappy "blu-ray essentials" type thing, nothing really all that interesting to collect), but I haven't seen the new version with a slipcover.

Bought my copy of the 15th Anniversary quite awhile ago and I believe it came with a slipcover, now that it is heavily discounted I don't know if that is still the case though.

Stargate - Extended edition only, mediocre picture quality, just a commentary track

Stargate: 15th - theatrical and extended cut, much improved picture and sound, commentary, pip-mode, 40 minutes of featurettes, and a gag reel

$12.99 now. Um....deal is dead.

Or hell, change the thread title. I keep coming back thinking it dropped again.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Bought my copy of the 15th Anniversary quite awhile ago and I believe it came with a slipcover, now that it is heavily discounted I don't know if that is still the case though.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guess I'll scout out a copy whenever I visit the stores for a copy with a slipcover and return the one I have that's missing one. For anyone ordering from Amazon, let me know if they're shipping them with or without one. Might pick it up that way.

Dial The Gate!!

I don't think I enjoyed the movie nearly as much as the series. I'll snatch it up anyway.

Tango and Cash

bread's done
Back