Stargate Sg-1: Complete Series Collection (54pc) $209.99 SHIPPED!

Any word on a high def version? HDDVD or Bluray? I can't see anything more than speculation when I searched the net.

I wouldn't say the best but it is or was a really good series. Although the last episode to end it all I really didn't think was that good.

[quote name='sendme']I wouldn't say the best but it is or was a really good series. Although the last episode to end it all I really didn't think was that good.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't really the end though (although I did find it lacking also), the real season finale will be realesed on DVD or perhaps shown on Sci-fi this summer or at least by the end of the year.

[quote name='Drahken']That wasn't really the end though (although I did find it lacking also), the real season finale will be realesed on DVD or perhaps shown on Sci-fi this summer or at least by the end of the year.[/quote]

What are you talking about?

That was the SERIES finale, it sucked, but so did the last few seasons.

They are making DVD movies, and if those do well they will make more. The first DVD movie will end the Ori storyline and the second is a terrible time traveling plot. Neither one of those will be shown this year as they have been delayed until 2008. Neither of those DVDs count as a series finale. The series finale was the garbage they showed a month or so ago.

By your logic Star Trek didn't end until 1991 when they released Star Trek 6 in theatres.

[quote name='bigdaddy']What are you talking about?

That was the SERIES finale, it sucked, but so did the last few seasons.

They are making DVD movies, and if those do well they will make more. The first DVD movie will end the Ori storyline and the second is a terrible time traveling plot. Neither one of those will be shown this year as they have been delayed until 2008. Neither of those DVDs count as a series finale. The series finale was the garbage they showed a month or so ago.

By your logic Star Trek didn't end until 1991 when they released Star Trek 6 in theatres.[/QUOTE]

Last few seasons were fine. I guess some people just get tired of similar scenarios. I don't. I prefer it to shitcanning a series far too early in its life.

Btw, Stargate SG-1 has been relying on weird plots and devices throughout its entire existance. Where have you been? It's pointless nitpicking to criticize the series for making one suspend disbelief further.

[quote name='bigdaddy']:rofl:[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Typed like a true idiot.

What's your idea of the best one? ST TOS? BSG? B5?

I doubt your answer is any more valid than his.

[quote name='dcon agent 000']Last few seasons were fine. I guess some people just get tired of similar scenarios. I don't. I prefer it to shitcanning a series far too early in its life.

Btw, Stargate SG-1 has been relying on weird plots and devices throughout its entire existance. Where have you been? It's pointless nitpicking to criticize the series for making one suspend disbelief further.[/quote]

The show was canceled after season 5, that's not early at all. I rather they ended it after season 5 and made movies like they had planned.

Plus I never commented on the plot devices, I'm just saying I hate time traveling episodes of any show where everythnig will be reset at the end of the episode, or in this case movie.

I don't think there is a best one, Star trek started it all, so it gets extra points. Most of Stargate just copies old sci-fi plots and the writers admit to it. It had been going downhill for years now.

There is Firefly, Star Treks, Star Wars, Odyssey 5, V The Series, The X-Files, Dark Skies, and countless other sci-fi. Saying Stargate is the best like it's a fact is a joke.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The show was canceled after season 5, that's not early at all. I rather they ended it after season 5 and made movies like they had planned.

Plus I never commented on the plot devices, I'm just saying I hate time traveling episodes of any show where everythnig will be reset at the end of the episode, or in this case movie.

I don't think there is a best one, Star trek started it all, so it gets extra points. Most of Stargate just copies old sci-fi plots and the writers admit to it. It had been going downhill for years now.

There is Firefly, Star Treks, Star Wars, Odyssey 5, V The Series, The X-Files, Dark Skies, and countless other sci-fi. Saying Stargate is the best like it's a fact is a joke.[/quote]

You must really hate Dr. Who then. It's nothing BUT time traveling episodes. And it also came before star trek. Although I'm sure even it wasnt the first sci fi series.

The whole series for $210 is good deal. They dont often get to 20 bucks a set unless its black friday.

I don't know if I like SG1 or FarScape more...

However, I already got 1-9 from some place for about $100 about a year ago.

[quote name='Kayden']I don't know if I like SG1 or FarScape more...

However, I already got 1-9 from some place for about $100 about a year ago.[/quote]

That was deepdiscount. They had buy one get one free and you could get seasons 1-9 for about $15 a piece.

And Doctor Who doesn't do a reset at the end of the episodes. Do any of you listen before you type? Or do you just jump to being a bitch to people mode? No need to answer, I already know.

Enough bitching about which Sci Fi show is the best, we all have our own personal favorites. Stargate SG-1 was a good show and it lasted a decade for a reason.

This is a decent deal, but I just can't justify dropping over two hundred dollars on it at one time.

I'm upset that they never gave those of us that supported the series on dvd early on a way to swap out to the new packaging, but what can you do?

I agree w/ the OP btw, imo Stargate is the best sci-fi on television, period. I'm loving Atlantis too, so the series hasn't ended yet for me. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']That was deepdiscount. They had buy one get one free and you could get seasons 1-9 for about $15 a piece.

And Doctor Who doesn't do a reset at the end of the episodes. Do any of you listen before you type? Or do you just jump to being a bitch to people mode? No need to answer, I already know.[/quote]

No it wasnt deepdiscount. I got em for the same deal. Found the old thread. It was Fry's. $143 shipped for seasons 1-9. Can't beat that :)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111307&highlight=stargate

Also Lexx :)

Fine it's the series finale but it still didn't wrap up the hanging storyline or some other possible threads. At least they didn't end it like Farscape with a killer cliffhanger then being forced to wait superlong for the possible wrap up.

[quote name='Drahken']Fine it's the series finale but it still didn't wrap up the hanging storyline or some other possible threads. At least they didn't end it like Farscape with a killer cliffhanger then being forced to wait superlong for the possible wrap up.[/quote]

That's because Farscape didn't have the money to make a movie, it was also why it was canceled. So it took them awhile to get the money for the movie.

MGM considers Stargate huge money only second behind James Bond so they rushed right away into make the Stargate DVD movies.

[quote name='bigdaddy']MGM considers Stargate huge money only second behind James Bond so they rushed right away into make the Stargate DVD movies.[/QUOTE]

Also Stargate: Universe the second spin-off is in pre-production as we type, probably not to far off from actual production.

Hmm, best sci-fi series ...

The new BSG doesn't have the resume that SG1 has, but I imagine most people would agree that it's better drama. Comparing the two, however, isn't really all that fair to either, since they're fundamentally different shows - one is almost purely apocalyptic and dark, and one has a fair bit of comedy, which adds considerably to the value of the show. I don't really have a point besides both are great in their own right, and you don't exist for 10 seasons without having a pretty solid fan base.

Joygasm.

[quote name='Drahken']Also Stargate: Universe the second spin-off is in pre-production as we type, probably not to far off from actual production.[/quote]

[quote name='Drahken']Also Stargate: Universe the second spin-off is in pre-production as we type, probably not to far off from actual production.[/quote]

I know that and have high hopes it's not like SG-1 and Atantis with just another team. Sadly they said it was going to be a stand alone movie and now a show. That makes me worry a little.

Plus the creators said they could have it out for sometime in Fall 2008.

So the movies comeing to dvd are they going to have the same cast? I will end up buying the dvds but not all at once. I will just get them over time.

[quote name='bigdaddy']

And Doctor Who doesn't do a reset at the end of the episodes. Do any of you listen before you type? Or do you just jump to being a bitch to people mode? No need to answer, I already know.[/quote]

Doctor Who does it fequently actually. - The reset button I mean.
The new series 3 finale being the most recent storyline to use it. That's ok if you didnt know, it's obvious you don't watch it.

Just a suggestion though, I would be less asswipey with people here since you're still a noob. You won't make many friends if you insult and negate people's opinions. OP is allowed to think SG is the best sci-fi series ever.:bouncy:

I'M NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS, AND MY FRIENDS AREN'T AS BIG OF ASSHOLES AS SOME OF THE PEOPLE HERE. I HAVE BETTER TASTE AND IF I WANT NEW FRIENDS I'LL GO TO THE REAL WORLD.

Shit... sorry for the caps, I didn't mean that. I'll fix it later.

And yes the movies will have the season 9 and 10 cast members. And I have only seen 3 episodes of Doctor Who season/Series 3 so far so shhhhhhhh. Tastefully down is ok, I hate Voyager and I like Year of Hell which is a reset.

It's still shows up as $210 dollars for me.

Also the Amazon deal of the day right now is Stargate season 1-9 for $165.99 and than you can just buy season ten seperately for less. Might have to bite on it now. Damn.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The show was canceled after season 5, that's not early at all. I rather they ended it after season 5 and made movies like they had planned.

There is Firefly, Star Treks, Star Wars, Odyssey 5, V The Series, The X-Files, Dark Skies, and countless other sci-fi. Saying Stargate is the best like it's a fact is a joke.[/quote]
Maybe SG1 isn't the best series ever, but it is very very good. Did you actually include V:The Series in a list of shows that are better?? :dunce:

[quote name='Thongsy']It's still shows up as $210 dollars for me.

Also the Amazon deal of the day right now is Stargate season 1-9 for $165.99 and than you can just buy season ten seperately for less. Might have to bite on it now. Damn.[/QUOTE]

You loose the 4 bonus discs doing that though.

[quote name='Wolf359']Maybe SG1 isn't the best series ever, but it is very very good. Did you actually include V:The Series in a list of shows that are better?? :dunce:[/quote]

LOL

I did that to see if anyone even remembers that show. I don't really remember it all that well. :)

And it's bettter than Jackless SG-1.

bread's done
Back