Stargate SG-1 complete series DVD $79.99 at Amazon

Pass on this. The packaging is outright horrible. Yeah its a good price but when many people have reported scratched/broken discs its just not worth it.

This is a multi-disc product with tiered cardboard sleeves as the main method of disc storage. Please take caution when taking each disc out of the cardboard sleeve, as rubbing the back side of the disc against the other discs will lead to scratches.

fuck that. At this point go used Thinpak or wait for the impending Blu-ray.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Pass on this. The packaging is outright horrible. Yeah its a good price but when many people have reported scratched/broken discs its just not worth it.[/QUOTE]
I have had this package for years and have yet to scratch my disc, well worth the 80$, out of hundreds of people i have talked to over the years about the show i have only ran across 1-2 people who have reported scratches

I'll put in my note about the packaging being horrible. Great idea in concept, sucks in execution.

I had picked up a copy from Costco and had numerous scratched discs, plus a few that didn't play outright for some reason.

Amazon's taken a bath on this item for returns and I'm surprised they're still selling it.

$80 is the cheapest price you'll find for this, as it's been down to $100 previously on Amazon.

[quote name='NJ and You']fuck that. At this point go used Thinpak or wait for the impending Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

What?!?

[quote name='FadeToOne']What?!?[/QUOTE]
doubtful because the first 3 seasons were filmed on 16mm not 35mm and those seasons don't even look good on dvd

I've been buying the individual seasons for the past year or so when I find them cheap at Best Buy or on Ebay. I only need season 9 and 10, which those are cheap also.

[quote name='NJ and You']fuck that. At this point go used Thinpak or wait for the impending Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

That's funny. Just like the impending Blu-ray release of Next Generation.

[quote name='rjbooth']doubtful because the first 3 seasons were filmed on 16mm not 35mm and those seasons don't even look good on dvd[/QUOTE]Have to agree with you on that one.

I picked all of mine up with Costco had them as B1G1 about a year and a half ago.

I doubt this would be on BR any time soon. Same goes for ST: TNG, ST: DS9 and ST: V. Enterprise was at least shot on HD cameras so it'll look good on BR.

Actually they did do that new edit of the pilot on DVD which video quality wise looks quite a bit better compared to the original edit on DVD. I'm assuming the new edit was done in HD as well. So even if the first few seasons won't look the best on Blu-Ray it will be an improvement compared to the DVD release.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Actually they did do that new edit of the pilot on DVD which video quality wise looks quite a bit better compared to the original edit on DVD. I'm assuming the new edit was done in HD as well. So even if the first few seasons won't look the best on Blu-Ray it will be an improvement compared to the DVD release.[/QUOTE]

But they removed the bush!

I have been holding out on the set in part because of the chance a Bluray set being released. Has anything ever been said about one coming out?

bread's done
Back