Stargate Universe

Tony208

CAGiversary!
Feedback
130 (100%)
This survival theme has been ok so far but it's getting stale really quick. I really hope by the 2nd season they'll go deep into some deep space battles vs those aliens they met earlier or just anyone.

Would love to see the Goa'uld make an appearance!

Yeah, I don't like the direction they're going with SGU. They're obviously going for a more serious tone that is more character-driven than story-driven; essentially trying to copy the Battlestar Galactica formula. I watch Stargate to watch something campy and fun, nothing too overly serious or dramatic. At the rate that they're taking SGU, I'll probably stop watching soon.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']Yeah, I don't like the direction they're going with SGU. They're obviously going for a more serious tone that is more character-driven than story-driven; essentially trying to copy the Battlestar Galactica formula. I watch Stargate to watch something campy and fun, nothing too overly serious or dramatic. At the rate that they're taking SGU, I'll probably stop watching soon.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%, though Battlestar was a good show. My only issue with SGU is that they called it SG instead of something else. They should have kept SGA too if they were going to go in such a different direction with SGU.

I will say that Greer is an awesome character though. I've also been surprised that for a SG show, they spend very little time on the female characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I've always been drawn to character driven shows. I like that it's a different take on the show (much as an animated cartoon is a different take). I think it's pretty darn exciting.

Yes, it is a bit like Battlestar Galactica, and I sometimes do miss the tongue-in-cheek-ness of the other series, but I feel the acting is top notch and I love the character interaction.

Just me but I find it a fun romp every week.

I think at this point in my life I prefer the type of show SGU is. I can't handle 20+ episode seasons with 15 filler episodes. It's been done in two shows already anyway.

Personally, I'm glad they're actually trying something new. I really disliked the show at the beginning of the season but I'm liking it now.

This show isn't for everyone, but I'm glad SGU isn't like all the others.

We already have stuff like warehouse 13 and Sanctuary for campy thrills....

I enjoy it more now than in the first few... a new show takes awhile before it's ready.

[quote name='xycury']This show isn't for everyone, but I'm glad SGU isn't like all the others.

We already have stuff like warehouse 13 and Sanctuary for campy thrills....

I enjoy it more now than in the first few... a new show takes awhile before it's ready.[/QUOTE]

Well like I said, I don't mind the premise and how things play out on the show. The show isn't terrible by any stretch. I just wish they didn't have to cancel SGA in order for this to be made. Battlestar Galactica was an awesome show, so if SGU can turn into that, then I certainly won't complain.

Warehouse 13 didn't make it past the first 4 episodes or so for me, I just couldn't get into it. Sanctuary was awesome when it was shown as Webisodes, but I don't think it has done a good job making the jump to TV.

I think with SGU they are trying to mix Star Gate and BSG. The bad thing is it is a little slow but I think if they let it build up it will be just as good.

watched it for the first month and just gave up on it.... dont know why they cancelled alantis or whatever it was called .. that was better then this

Hate to bring this back from the dead but really no point in starting another thread for the same show. I just watched the season finale and all I have to say is wow. It is about time this show picked up the pace. I hope next season is just as good if not better then the last few episodes of this season.

how is this compared to the star trek series as in tng, voyager, ds9, etc.

and i mean this as in is each episode its own essentially self-contained showing with space adventures?

been looking for a show like that ever since ds9 stopped. don't care for a show that builds a story the whole series, more interested in being able to watch any episode and have it make sense.

Then you would probably not like SGU. It's very serialized and plot heavy unlike most of it's predecessors.

Yeah you would not like it then. They seem to be trying to mix BSG and Stargate. The go into the background of some of the characters so at times it seems like it is character driven then they go back to the plot. Also it seems like some episodes could be missed and you wouldn't miss anything at all. Like the episode where they have ticks on them. I don't think anything big came from that one.

Those last episodes were pretty good, but I just hate it when a show ends a season with a cliffhanger.

I do admit that I miss SGA. I thought it was pretty good and would have liked to see them finish off the wraith. Are they doing a movie for that series, like they did with SG1 the ark of truth? If they skipped doing some of those Syfy original movies, they probably could have funded another season of SGA.

I just cannot get into SGU. It just bores me to death. I can't get into any of the characters. Most of them just seem like douchebags.

I love Atlantis and miss Atlantis. It really sucks it had to end because of funding problems, but they did have plans to make a movie based around Todd. Who knows if that will even see the light of day. I hope it does.

In my book, SGU is subpar compared to SG1 and SGA. When you're in space who wants to see humans fighting humans? Please give us some aliens worth our time. Those aliens that showed up for 2 episodes or so mid season don't count. You need a big alien threat.

I thought they would bring them aliens back. Maybe in season 3 they will. Another issue is I don't see what is so great about this ship. Why does everyone want it.

As for Atlantis it would have been nice if they could keep it going. That way they could have two sets of fans.

bread's done
Back