Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, etc. 15$ - Archambault

I tried PMing Twisted Metal at downtown Bestbuy. Ran into a bucketload of trouble when the site was down for maintenance, so I got the number off of yellow pages and convinced the CSR to call them and they honored it.

Only thing was that they included a extra $5 shipping on top of it, so I got the game for $20. So did 2 of my other friends, but meh, its worth it, despite the trouble we went through trying to PM it. I was sorta bummed out about the extra $5 though, but my friends were thrilled to get it for half price. Atleast somebody was happy.

Still, we play this game all the time at the playstation lounge downtown, so I guess it makes sense that we shoulda paid for it a long time ago.

[quote name='saikisen']I tried PMing Twisted Metal at downtown Bestbuy. Ran into a bucketload of trouble when the site was down for maintenance, so I got the number off of yellow pages and convinced the CSR to call them and they honored it.

Only thing was that they included a extra $5 shipping on top of it, so I got the game for $20. So did 2 of my other friends, but meh, its worth it, despite the trouble we went through trying to PM it. I was sorta bummed out about the extra $5 though, but my friends were thrilled to get it for half price. Atleast somebody was happy.

Still, we play this game all the time at the playstation lounge downtown, so I guess it makes sense that we shoulda paid for it a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

If the sale is still on, you should go back to the store and get your $5 back. The Price Beat Promise policy does not involve shipping when price matching retail stores. There are no distance or radius requirements for price beat promise. As long as the retail store has the identical item, for the price in stock and is located anywhere in Canada you should get the cheaper price less 10% of the difference. Shipping charges only apply when you price match web-only stores like amazon etc. They do not apply when price matching retail stores.

As a matter of fact you do not need to provide an ad or website or anything. You simply need to tell them the price and where it is being offered and they should verify it. Of course providing them with web-sites/phone numbers etc. will aid them in verifying.

Refer to the policy here: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/id/HC8260.aspx

Does Future Shop beat the prices of Internet and in-store retailers?
Absolutely, if we don’t already have the lowest price, we’ll beat any price in a retail store or online. The item must be sold by an authorized dealer located in Canada. For online competitor price beats the product must be located in Canada.

How do I show "proof" of price?
Visit us in store or call us at 1-800-663-2275 and tell us which competitor is offering the lower price and where. Our associates will verify the price and the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery. We will beat the competitor’s price by 10% of the difference.

[quote name='geogolem']If the sale is still on, you should go back to the store and get your $5 back. The Price Beat Promise policy does not involve shipping when price matching retail stores. There are no distance or radius requirements for price beat promise. As long as the retail store has the identical item, for the price in stock and is located anywhere in Canada you should get the cheaper price less 10% of the difference. Shipping charges only apply when you price match web-only stores like amazon etc. They do not apply when price matching retail stores.

As a matter of fact you do not need to provide an ad or website or anything. You simply need to tell them the price and where it is being offered and they should verify it. Of course providing them with web-sites/phone numbers etc. will aid them in verifying.

Refer to the policy here: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/id/HC8260.aspx

Does Future Shop beat the prices of Internet and in-store retailers?
Absolutely, if we don’t already have the lowest price, we’ll beat any price in a retail store or online. The item must be sold by an authorized dealer located in Canada. For online competitor price beats the product must be located in Canada.

How do I show "proof" of price?
Visit us in store or call us at 1-800-663-2275 and tell us which competitor is offering the lower price and where. Our associates will verify the price and the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery. We will beat the competitor’s price by 10% of the difference.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for helping me out, but I don't think I am going to go. I was visiting toronto due to the airshow and dont plan on making a trip back anytime soon. It would cost me more to go downtown for the $5. I just don't want to put up with the hassle again. I am pretty sure if the site was up and running they wouldnt have argued and gave it to me for $15 instead of $20. Was at it for half an hour.

Honestly, I may just PM at futureshop and return it at Bestbuy (if possible). But only I can convince my friend to give me a ride again ;)

Twisted Metal is great BTW, co-oped with my lil brother up to Diablo's pass yesterday. Me and my friends usually get up all the way to the brothers grimm each time we played at the downtown eb games before we have to leave.

[quote name='saikisen']Thanks for helping me out, but I don't think I am going to go. I was visiting toronto due to the airshow and dont plan on making a trip back anytime soon. It would cost me more to go downtown for the $5. I just don't want to put up with the hassle again. I am pretty sure if the site was up and running they wouldnt have argued and gave it to me for $15 instead of $20. Was at it for half an hour.

Honestly, I may just PM at futureshop and return it at Bestbuy (if possible). But only I can convince my friend to give me a ride again ;)

Twisted Metal is great BTW, co-oped with my lil brother up to Diablo's pass yesterday. Me and my friends usually get up all the way to the brothers grimm each time we played at the downtown eb games before we have to leave.[/QUOTE]

np - lol. I just realized I gave you FS's policies when you bought it at Bestbuy.... Virtually similar policies though...

Enjoy the game.

bread's done
Back