Starter fightstick

drastion

CAGiversary!
I missed out on the wwe deal at gamestop. I got a mortal kombat klassic stick. That turned out to be a mistake because now I really want a standard stick. I doubt I will get into it enough to justify getting a mad catz te.

So I was wondering what a good starter stick would be. Also one that can be modded easily woul be great. That or a good place to get used in good condition te on the cheep.

You should sell off that Mortal Kombat stick and put it toward getting a TE, since they are made of quality parts and will last you quite a long time. It may be $150ish, but it'll save you ALOT of hassle.
The Hori ones on Amazon should be enough for you. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319115

Don't actually bother getting the cheaper ones unless you care about playing on a PS2, as the $30 mayflash ones require power tools and a soldering iron to mod, much less the cost of parts.

A Mad Catz SE stick is a decent starting point for very casual play. However, I would be more inclined to say that you should just go ahead and get a TE instead. The SE stock buttons tend to break down rather easily and modding costs can easily match up with the price of a TE. If you choose to not take fighting games seriously, TE will always have a good resell value. The SE, unless it's really light usage, won't.

Other low end alternatives shouldn't really be considered, namely the Hori EX2 and Tekken 6 wireless. The EX2's base is extremely small and both are a total pain to mod/fix if something goes wrong.

That seems to be general advice to just get the best and be done with it. I wouldn't mind spending the money and probably just give the mk stick to a friend.

My main problem with all these te sticks is all the art on them. I am sure it boosts sales just with they made a plain all black stick. Though the grey art on the super street fighter was nice.

They did release that Namco Stick which is primarily all black with a few Namco logos on it but that's very limited and very expensive.

However, the top art is easily replaceable and a quick run to kinkos or any place that you can get a print of the appropriate size will work just fine.

So the art isn't glued to the stick like the sf4 se stick?

I see now the soul calibur v stick is on sale perfect timing and I am really wanting to order it. But the buttons or suposed to be layed out differently.

Can I just pull the buttons out and put them in the regular spot or do most games have option menus for that. Not a fan of the game just the stick.

I have been out of the game for a long time. Can anyone recomend good fighting games from the current line blazeblue seems to be well liked.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-te-fightstick-and-swap-simple-options.64183/

You're able to peel off the artwork and apply a new one. Getting Plexi glass will seal the deal. If not, Lami-Label should be just fine.

As far as the button layout goes, you are able to open it and switch out the layout to conform to traditional standards. You can, of course, just rely on the in-game options for that as all fighting games do offer that.

And as far as fighting games to recommend... well, it all depends on your tastes, really. Skullgirls just came out on XBLA/PSN for 15 dollars and that has a demo, so feel free to give that a go. BlazBlue has always been a favorite, be sure to get Continuum Shift Extend if you do.

I still love Street Fighter IV:AE. I know alot of people hate capcom but that's a great game and I prefer it to other fighters because the gap between tournament fighters and fighting enthusiasts is a lot smaller than in some other fighter games.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Went ahead and ordered the mad catz soul calibur v stick for ps3. Would have got the xbox one for dual mod but don't have an xbox and hate the colored buttons and pcb were sold out at lizardlick.

Is there any way to dual mod a ps3 stick?

Almost got the wwe stick at buy.combut missed it again since I assume I would need a new pbc to get it to work on xbox.

I would say it would have been better to get a 360 stick and dual mod that for PS3. However, it's still possible, just find yourself a common ground controller PCB (Mad Catz Fight Pads and I think the PDP Versus Controllers are common ground, 100% on the fight pad though).

[quote name='drastion']Thanks for all the advice everyone. Went ahead and ordered the mad catz soul calibur v stick for ps3. Would have got the xbox one for dual mod but don't have an xbox and hate the colored buttons and pcb were sold out at lizardlick.

Is there any way to dual mod a ps3 stick?

Almost got the wwe stick at buy.combut missed it again since I assume I would need a new pbc to get it to work on xbox.[/QUOTE]
PS3 is much harder to dual mod since 360 uses lockout chips. Next PS will probably do the same BTW.
Don't go to lizardlick for parts right now. They are having many customer issues. Not sure when it will be fixed.
Go to focusattack.com instead. They have replacement Sanwa buttons with different colors. Only $1.55 each. I don't like that MS forces stick makers to use their colors either.

bread's done
Back