Startrek Online BETA 0.99 @ Target

It is in the PC section of the games . ( it is in a dvd case ) On the cover it says STAR TREK ONLINE .

On the top of the case it says Exclusive Weapon (TR-116) , Beta Access, 2-Day headstart,$ 5 off the game .

I opened it up and there is a coupon for 5 off the normal or collectors edition .
and also the beta and weapon code .

( i will add picture after I find out how to do it )

[quote name='BrettFarveRetired']You really had to bump the topic less than 10 minutes later?[/QUOTE]

Because he's so awesome.

[quote name='Casteor']Because he's so awesome.[/QUOTE]
Is there a reason why you feel you need to post in every single thread in the deals forum, even if you contribute nothing to that thread?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is there a reason why you feel you need to post in every single thread in the deals forum, even if you contribute nothing to that thread?[/QUOTE]

If you say so

[quote name='Arcturiang']paying for a beta. okay.[/QUOTE]

Well you are paying for 5 dollars off and access to the beta. For those on the fence this will be a nice way to try the game out without taking the 50 dollar plunge at release. If they like it, well they save 5 dollars off the game, if not they wasted a buck but save 49+tax.

Trade off is worth it imo.

There is nothing in the case to get you the target exclusive weapon, before anybody asks. If you have it pre-ordered somewhere else you will already get the beta so there isn't much point.

[quote name='Seventh']Well you are paying for 5 dollars off and access to the beta. For those on the fence this will be a nice way to try the game out without taking the 50 dollar plunge at release. If they like it, well they save 5 dollars off the game, if not they wasted a buck but save 49+tax.

Trade off is worth it imo.[/QUOTE]

this is why there should be more deals like this. ive wasted money on so many games that were $50+ and never liked it after playing it

A 14-day beta really isn't great, but a cheap beta like that would be nice for those who don't know if they want to buy it.

Thanks Mr. Awesome, for the thread and for not replying to my trading PMs!

[quote name='Oceaniax']Couldn't you just pre-order on Amazon for nothing, and then cancel prior to the games ship date?[/QUOTE]

You could, but I've had issues with trying to do similar things at Amazon before. I've attempted to cancel a preorder a full 3 days before it was released and was not allowed to do so because it was "too close" to the ship date. Don't get me wrong, I love Amazon, but that's annoying as hell when it happens.

[quote name='starkillr']That appears contrary to what the OP says. Which is it?[/QUOTE]

There is no code in the case, so you must not get the code until you buy the actual game later. Not much else to it.

I really wonder if this will be great in the beginning like Star Wars Galaxies, only to turn to crap 2 years later.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I really wonder if this will be great in the beginning like Star Wars Galaxies, only to turn to crap 2 years later.[/QUOTE]

2 years? This game will be FAIL from the start.

There's an NDA ongoing for people who are in the closed beta so I can't say that I have or have not played it, but I can say that I think $1 is too much.

Isn't this game already getting hot water for the beta being part of another games deal and people who paid for the beta aren't getting in... so they turn around and have more people pay for it?

So what's in the box?

NO CD

Code for the beta?

NO Code for the exclusive?

Coupon for $5 OFF only useable at Target

That's it right?

Can we get into the beta for FREE?

[quote name='franz ferdinand']There's an NDA ongoing for people who are in the closed beta so I can't say that I have or have not played it, but I can say that I think $1 is too much.[/QUOTE]

In the same "suposed" boat this person is, but I can say I would pay $5, err the $59 the deluxe editon is (already did after some NDA time). As far as if other should.. well now, I can honestly say this one is not for everybody. The big boy on the block (wow) has pretty much made a pattern (that was copied from several other places) that if it isnt adheard to almost completly means fail. Warhammer had the best PvP, but it wasnt 1vs1 so e-penis coulndt be compared, and in group PvP you cant say how wonderfull you are as it was a group. So it failed. Champions (and COH before it, face it they are the same game really) owns the fast action combat, but gets really repatative quick. Aion, well Aion is "almost" WoW with asian graphic style, nothing new here, WoW already did it all, and better (except graphics). AOC, awsome graphics (that not every machine could handle) and OK gameplay till level 40, then nothing (people say its fixed, but is anybody going back?). And many more.

Star trek, a bit like (not alot, but closest comparasion) champions and CoH. Every new game is $50 nowdays, most you wont play past a month, so this game is the same, $50 with a free month of play.

Paying $1 to try it is way better than paying for a fileplanet membership like a bunch of betas started doing last year. Apparently open beta doesn't really mean open beta these days. But I'd much rather give target a dollar than give a cent to fileplanet.

bread's done
Back