Starwars bundle sighting

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I went to the local TRU today to pick up on the LoZ:pH game + free strategy guide deal. While I was paying I noticed that in the glass display case there were a number of the new white PSP Star Wars bundles sitting on the shelf. I asked the lady if I could see one and she pulled one out for me. She asked me if I wanted to buy it but I didn't- I thought it was wierd though that they had them out and ready to sell 5 days before the "official" release of the package?

Just thought I'd let you all know, maybe you can pick one up early if you've been waiting for the white PSP slim bundle.

Didn't see the black ones, BTW.

Ruahrc

I saw the same exact thing tonight at my local TRU. White and silver bundles, but no black ones.

There was a teenager with his mom looking for a Wii. A cashier told them they didn't have any. The teenager said, "Why you lyin'? You got 2 right there." (He was pointing at the Wii DDR Hottest Party boxes.) :lol:

[quote name='parKer']I saw the same exact thing tonight at my local TRU. White and silver bundles, but no black ones.

There was a teenager with his mom looking for a Wii. A cashier told them they didn't have any. The teenager said, "Why you lyin'? You got 2 right there." (He was pointing at the Wii DDR Hottest Party boxes.) :lol:[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha, what happened after?

anyway, how limited is the star wars bundle? i already have the original psp but i would like to have the new star wars white slim. the problem is that i dont want to pay $200 for it. i rarely play my psp.

Both Target & TRU have had the Star Wars PSP bundle in stock for a couple of weeks now. Although my local Targets have been sold out I've noticed the TRU's still have a decent supply.

Wierdness abounds.

[quote name='Synergy']I just picked one up at Circuit City. No problems at all. I just asked for one from the case and paid. :D[/QUOTE]

Do you know if they scan the serial # for the PSPs? I'm leaving the country on Tuesday and I don't think Game Crazy will have it by then, so I might just buy now and return a brand new one to wherever I get it when I come back.

[quote name='OGHowie']Do you know if they scan the serial # for the PSPs? I'm leaving the country on Tuesday and I don't think Game Crazy will have it by then, so I might just buy now and return a brand new one to wherever I get it when I come back.[/quote]
GC stores will have them on Monday afternoon and hold them to sell til Tuesday. And don't try GC for a switcheroo, all serial numbers traded in and sold are scanned and the computer won't allow it to be refunded if the serial number isn't in the system

[quote name='Scorch']GC stores will have them on Monday afternoon and hold them to sell til Tuesday. And don't try GC for a switcheroo, all serial numbers traded in and sold are scanned and the computer won't allow it to be refunded if the serial number isn't in the system[/QUOTE]

I meant I would go back to GC to get the system (since I have alot of credit there) and try to return it to BB or Target or something.

Thanks again for the info.

...*ahem* I'd be down to play some Infrastructure with some CAGs, if you'd all want to.

I played with some random people yesterday, it was surprisingly very fun.

[quote name='OGHowie']Do you know if they scan the serial # for the PSPs? I'm leaving the country on Tuesday and I don't think Game Crazy will have it by then, so I might just buy now and return a brand new one to wherever I get it when I come back.[/quote]

I just checked my receipt, and there's no serial number listed at all. I'm not sure if they store it electronically - but no, there doesn't seem to be anything listed.

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']Yep, it is pretty fun but with no mic support...
If you wanna play Hootie, my name is AsakuraHao2004 in the game if you ever see me.[/quote]

Alright, I'll be on the lookout. :)

[quote name='hootie']Alright, I'll be on the lookout. :)[/quote]

Your name in the game is Hootie91 right?
I was looking through the gamefaqs board for this game,
Am I right in assuming so?

[quote name='Scorch']GC stores will have them on Monday afternoon and hold them to sell til Tuesday. And don't try GC for a switcheroo, all serial numbers traded in and sold are scanned and the computer won't allow it to be refunded if the serial number isn't in the system[/QUOTE]

Scorch, I was quite surprised as I actually got a call from GC this morning (Monday) saying I could pick mine up (I had preordered it a few weeks ago). Now I just need to decide if I need a second of this system I never play. I do want to play Jeanne d'Arc so I may get some use out of it. But that leaves me with the old one... Maybe I can sell it.

What worries me most is that I had to go through 4 or 5 to get one at Best Buy (at launch) that had no stuck pixels. But that was over 2 years ago. What are they like now? Do they have better QA on their LCD screens now?

Scorch, what would GC's policy be on swapping it back in for dead/stuck pixels? If this was a DS I wouldn't worry because Nintendo would swap it for free. Sony I'm not too sure about.

And to top it all off, the Star Wars game isn't supposed to be that great, right? If that was excellent it would make the purchase a bit easier.

[quote name='io']
What worries me most is that I had to go through 4 or 5 to get one at Best Buy (at launch) that had no stuck pixels. But that was over 2 years ago. What are they like now? Do they have better QA on their LCD screens now?
[/QUOTE]

Man, that is so odd, because I got two on different occasions (one of the original "bundles" and a core late last year, because I gave my original to my girlfriend to watch movies and play Tekken...) and I never got a stuck pixel... (there are a few on my blue DS... but them's the breaks... they're not overtly annoying...)

I guess I got lucky. I'm really more interested in the SW slim for the graphics on the back (and it's not black, oddly) but $199 is a tougher call for me since I've got one (well two, just one I can use at any given moment... heh.)

I'm assuming that the whole "bundle" thing is going to be a limited edition setup to get people excited about the new slim, and we'll see a return to a non-branded white/silver edition of the console after Christmas?

bread's done
Back