State Of Decay Xbla

I just finished this game up last night. Although it has it's problems, I'd say that it's definitely worth the time and money. I really enjoyed the game. It gives some great ideas for future zombie survival games. Hopefully they'll patch in multiplayer at some point. That would be pretty interesting.

I just finished this game up last night. Although it has it's problems, I'd say that it's definitely worth the time and money. I really enjoyed the game. It gives some great ideas for future zombie survival games. Hopefully they'll patch in multiplayer at some point. That would be pretty interesting.
I'm not sure if they will. They are already developing an MMO-esque version of State of Decay code named class4. A few weeks ago they didn't say no when people asked for co-OP, but they started talking about their class4 project. They did say that State of Decay is the underlining structure for class4 so I'm not sure if they would ever release MP for state of decay as it would infringe on their next project.

But who knows as they never said no

I'm not sure if they will. They are already developing an MMO-esque version of State of Decay code named class4. A few weeks ago they didn't say no when people asked for co-OP, but they started talking about their class4 project. They did say that State of Decay is the underlining structure for class4 so I'm not sure if they would ever release MP for state of decay as it would infringe on their next project.

But who knows as they never said no
Pretty sure they said that multiplayer was somewhat of a focus of SoD ("class3") but they ultimately decided to focus on the dynamic events and other details instead of devoting the time to multiplayer aspects. Apparently, multiplayer will be added at some point, but when that is, nobody knows -- not even the devs.

Pulled straight from the Official FAQ:

Q: Will State of Decay have co-op gameplay?

A: Not at launch. Class4 is an online world, and our hope is to offer the multiplayer options (that we have to develop for Class4) for State of Decay at a later date.

Q: What happened to coop mode? Will this game have multiplayer?

A: Those of you who are new to the community and just want to know if State of Decay will have multiplayer: Not at launch. Please stick around, though
smile.png

Those of you who followed us during the design phase of the game remember that we really wanted a co-op mode. If you read the original design article, you will see that Class4 (our original idea) will be a massive online world, where co-op is... rather the point. However, for State of Decay (formerly known as Class3), we had to make the difficult decision to put off co-op mode and focus on things like base building, dynamic content, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice, as I said, all the terminology is "I hope" type. Basically leaving the door open without a definitive answer

I haven't read their forums in a little while, but as far as I read they haven't ever said that co-op WILL come to State of Decay.

Game looks great. To bad every-time a game like this drops I'm in the middle of finishing another game (Metro 2033).

Yeah so after playing the game for 11 hours (according to Raptr) here's my impressions so far.

It pretty much boils down to medicine for your community, food and ammo too, resources to not only upgrade your home base but to maintain it and fuel to be able to drive vehicles. There are more RPG elements like everyone's vitality being improved (individuals can improve their stamina by eating snacks which could be crucial while swinging a melee weapon rapidly in a zombie fight) if you choose to cook a big meal or feast at your kitchen. Wits (which among others will let you search more quieter than before) increases with the use of a library, which acts as a tech upgrade option, and can also be used to influence other survival groups to trade ammo for its access. I just built a training area so everyone's combat was improved and also threw in a garden. Each slot that I built a structure needed additional supplies. In this instance I had to find pesticides for the garden which I found at a nearby bee hive colony. I'm liking the new location of my home base, unfortunately you pick up and move so everyone who might be back in the old town will have to fend off zombies by themselves - as it's a bit of a drive back if I want or need to go there. The group also has an overall Morale meter and since we moved it increased a lot due to the lack of bickering since the previous place was cramped. This can also be improved if you meet your community's requirements like having enough beds for everyone and what not.

You'll be tasked to take on a side quest - while there are many many of those out there - where you take the person who's a little hot headed at home onto clearing out a random building to let off steam. Here you get some dialog and a so how you holding up kind of segment. This also gives you the prime time to take out zombies with a buddy. Oh how co-op so needs to be implemented into this game, esp with Xbox Live there (which the developers are working on).

Daily Upkeep, which the game follows a day/night simulated cycle - which is fairly impressive for an "arcade game" - , makes doing scavenge runs feel all the more important and finding supplies all the more satisfying - you can also ask for whatever you need on the radio and after an allocated amount of time it'll be spotted on your map. At times you might be spotted by a zombie horde while running solo towards this objective which at first is freakin' terrifying! lol Later on though you'll have plenty of resources, from the alliances you've made you can call in support powers (call in SWAT, sure why not!), and tools to tackle pretty much anything, freaking found a mine in an empty house lol, that comes your way but the game still surprises you with new rare challenging enemy types.

There's a lot to this game, with co-op it would be its own retail game I'm pretty sure. The studio just picked the digital front and like I said you shouldn't let the price or the yet another zombie game notion deter you, try out the demo anyways.

Certainly a fun little game for xbla, but way overhyped for what is actually is.

You spend 90% of your time killing endless zombies with one dimensional characters, clunky controls, and poor graphics.

I did love the woodsy setting and some of the core ideas, but since it executes them so poorly, you're better off playing any of a dozen other zombie killin' games.

So ah after an update I'm finding a lot of "Found Nothing" while searching houses.
I haven't downloaded TU2 yet but if it's like the first update, you can delete it off your storage device by going into the settings (no need to clear cache).

Try creating a copy of your save file and playing without the update to see if the you keep getting the same problem.

Beat the game last night. Totally felt like starting a 2nd playthrough and last time I felt that was with Mass Effect.

As for that ending part:
Yeah the water was contaminated huh, you don't say. That did suck as there could have been more to the story but eh. For the mission at the end haha after I looted the military stash I was so overpowered. I think I only used the grenade launcher twice while my AI henchmen did most of the leg work. Only had to use it for the big guys. I liked the ending dialogue, we've got work to do, that's coincidentally similar to what the development team is saying with the success of State of Decay.

There was a really cool part when playing this game. I was just walking by structures to get to where I needed to go and the sun was just coming up - I'd had been scavanging and killing hordes all night so my character was labeled tired. I faintly noticed my shadow was being projected on the nearby building and I was transfixed as I watched my shadow running across a walled canvas in an abstract minimalism moment. So powerful and the shadow doesn't show any stop or remorse, it just continues to go forward. I also did not finish with Marcus, RIP buddy, and felt Maya doing the finishing touches was fitting considering the ending situation.

I still haven't beat it. Played so much before prolonging the game because I was captivated at first. After really pushing the game to its limits I settled down and stopped playing waiting for patches to see what improvements could be made. After the patch not much was changed and the game became really easy to me. Pretty much lost interest. I should just hurry and beat it to see it through.

Definitely anticipating an improved sequel.

A sequel probably is a long time coming because they're developing the PC version at the moment. By the time they start a sequel or DLC; it'll be at least 6 months before that happens.

Has this game ever been on sale? Don't really want to pay 20 bucks on a buggy game, but would probably bite if it was 10 or less

Yeah I'm hoping the DLC goes into the Countdown for 2014 sale as well. The amazing state of seeing this game along Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, GTA V and more in the category of Xbox 360 GotY is awesomeballs.

Well it looks like a 2nd DLC is heading for State of Decay! We need a sale on the 1st, I hear it completely changes the way you play (since it's more survival and less story).

OK, got to play around with Breakdown a little, here's m thoughts. Once again you'll be leveling up your characters again, building up your home and gaining outposts again but all without any nagging story lines or required missions (there's still side missions popping up though). Awesome, there's tons of characters to unlock by doing specific stuff that's recorded throughout (ex The Phoenix, Kill 100 Zombies with FIRE, Blunt Melee Kills and so on). Neat, so far I'm liking it and it feels good to get back into State of Decay. It feels like a whole new game to be honest, being just a zombie sandbox and doing whatever. I do wish we could throw shit in the back of a pickup but eh we'll have to wait on that I guess.

I didn't even grab the first DLC. I enjoyed the game for some time, but I got really bored with it after a while. The idea of it is great, but, I just felt like the replay value goes down big time for me. Maybe I'll get the DLC soon, as well as the new one. 

OK, got to play around with Breakdown a little, here's m thoughts. Once again you'll be leveling up your characters again, building up your home and gaining outposts again but all without any nagging story lines or required missions (there's still side missions popping up though). Awesome, there's tons of characters to unlock by doing specific stuff that's recorded throughout (ex The Phoenix, Kill 100 Zombies with FIRE, Blunt Melee Kills and so on). Neat, so far I'm liking it and it feels good to get back into State of Decay. It feels like a whole new game to be honest, being just a zombie sandbox and doing whatever. I do wish we could throw shit in the back of a pickup but eh we'll have to wait on that I guess.
Yeah, I've logged quite a few hours in. I still haven't even moved onto level 2, though. So much left to loot. I do dig the hero unlocks, though. For instance, someone was sick so I grenade deathed and got an army guy. Someone else got sick, so I had them "look at the flowers" and got a cop.

Also, it's sweet that Breakdown mode unlocks the standard game achievements (when applicable, obviously no storyline missions) and makes them a little easier in a lot of instances since you seem to get more survivors. I got Everywhere You Look and Pest Control so far this way. I'm guessing if you don't have You Were Always An A-Hole Gorman, you could grab it and The Sacrifice in one swoop... and end up with a better survivor out of it.

Very good point, yeah an easier way to get those achievements. I actually got Torn Apart finally, not the achievement I was shooting for lol.

Today's the day! Heck of a way to start off the weekend, time to boot up the 360 today.

OK status update, this is hella fun basically the army gets everything we've always wanted in a zombie apocalypse. Ammunition, facilities and a slew of HQ supported strikes to call in. You're able to call in supplies whenever you want and the ability to take soldiers with you out into the field to pick up "assets" also able to throw supplies that have been scavenged in the back of pickups. Just drive the truck on over to the parking lot at the base you automatically unload all the supplies Chaching!

There's a lot of driving so far and damn there's a lot of loading textures and geometry in world as you drive around. At times it's rough, drove right into a spawned truck. Gee that's nice. Thankfully I didn't blow up or flip my truck. When you load up your truck with supplies you really don't want to flip the thing, loosing it all in the process. High risk, high reward I guess.

I'd say if you liked the base game, you'll def like this.

bread's done
Back