Stay Alive sucks

cgpwns

CAGiversary!
In case you haven't seen the previews Stay Alive sucks. I won't spoil the stupid plot for those who like to torture themselves, suffice to say the movie was full of product placement and your typical gamer stereotypes. They should rename the movie Stay Awake!

I also saw Larry the Health Inspector; while not as bad as Stay Alive this is only worth a rental at best. It has some midly funny jokes now and then, but is mostly for fans of Larry the Cable Guy. Some of you might like it since it has Buster from Arrested development in it though.

The only other movie we are getting this weekend is perhaps the only one worth seeing, Inside Man. I didn't get to screen this one since it was already 4am when Larry was over. I'll let you know what the customers think after tonight.

[quote name='Scorch']I hope Inside Man is decent, i've been looking forward to seeing that one.[/quote]

I'm going to a matinee this weekend. It looks pretty good.

yeah you can kinda tell from the trailer that it's 'alone in the dark' bad

the ltcg movie does look dumb but i will probably rent it b/c he makes me giggle

(i'm 1/4 redneck)

This thread is a LIE!

It was John Travolta's finest works.

staying_alive_a_febre_continua.jpg

Also Children, did Chef ever do this to you?

fire_staying_alive_lg.jpg

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']This thread is a LIE!

[/quote]

:applause:

Good 'ol Ackbar, always one to "keep it real".

I went to one of Larry the Cable Guy's performances when he came here. I thought he was hysterical.

The movie, though, looks ridiculous and I will not, under any circumstances, waste my time watching it.

mptv1.gif

awww fuck, i'm wearing that same track jacket today...time to burn it? jk

God damn it.....i wanted this movie to be good. I never seen a trailer on it because i was hoping to be suprised and have people actually say they liked it.

Its like they dont even try anymore.

movie about an mmo that kills people in real life...bad? shocked.

You have to hand it to the monsters in the game. Anything that kills that cast of actors should be rewarded with a medal.

Larry The Health Inspector has looked retarded from the beginning. Worse than The Master of Disguise.

[/QUOTE]
Hey!

My uncle larry did that to me once!!!

(that whole episode was twisted and awesome)

Based on the trailers alone, I would sit through Stay Alive twice, followed by a Uwe Boll film festival before I watched the trailer for LtCG's movie again. That is how much I hate him... and possibly myself.

[quote name='afedock']I cant believe people actually think Larry the Cable guy is funny...I guess rednecks dont have a sense of humor.[/quote]

i never got it either...

[quote name='afedock']I cant believe people actually think Larry the Cable guy is funny...I guess rednecks dont have a sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

I didn't ever like the guy, either. And then my friend offered me a ticket (because he got them for free), so I thought, "Why not?" It was a lot of fun, and he's certainly an entertaining guy.

I saw the preview for this "Stay Alive" bullshit a couple hours ago. Man, that movie looks horrible...

Larry The Cable Guy is generally funny, but stand up comedy doesn't equal a movie.

I take personal offense to everyone who calls Larry The Cable Guy terrible/retarded. His type of stand up comedy applies to ALL poor white people, not just "rednecks". fuck you, elitist upper middle class assholes.

[quote name='Blade']Larry The Cable Guy is generally funny, but stand up comedy doesn't equal a movie.

I take personal offense to everyone who calls Larry The Cable Guy terrible/retarded. His type of stand up comedy applies to ALL poor white people, not just "rednecks". fuck you, elitist upper middle class assholes.[/QUOTE]

So if one said "Larry the Cable Guy appeals to rednecks and white trash." They'd be closer to the mark?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']So if one said "Larry the Cable Guy appeals to rednecks and white trash." They'd be closer to the mark?[/quote]
Close, but no sig-er.

[quote name='neocisco']Inside Man should be very good. Denzel doesn't do crap movies.[/quote]

At some point in every actor's career, they make a handful of bad movies, Denzel is no exception.

With that said, I intend on seeing Inside Man whenever my local theatre decides to stop playing movies that come out on dvd within a week or 2. Having a small theatre sucks, only 2 screens. But its cheap.

If you want to watch a bad "video game" movie with some names in it you could just go ahead and buy eXistenz for a couple of bucks. Bring some gamer friends so you can MST3K the hell out of it.

I'm still shuddering over the fact that we had to watch that for Intro to Psych...at least we also watched Wild Child and Memento to make up for it.

[quote name='javeryh']hahaha people still go to the movies...[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying. I have to have a REALLY good reason to go to the movies, unless i'm bored on a saturday afternoon. V for Vendetta might do it for me, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='javeryh']hahaha people still go to the movies...[/QUOTE]
And always will. I mean, come on. Where else can I get a $10 bag of pop corn?

Seriously, though, there will always be a place for theaters. And possibly theatres as well.

[quote name='Stoneage']And always will. I mean, come on. Where else can I get a $10 bag of pop corn?

Seriously, though, there will always be a place for theaters. And possibly theatres as well.[/quote]

I know. I just hate going to the movies so much but I'm probably not the norm.

[quote name='munch']That's what I'm saying. I have to have a REALLY good reason to go to the movies, unless i'm bored on a saturday afternoon. V for Vendetta might do it for me, but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

V for Vendetta was REALLY worth it.

Espically now since all the idiot children and retards are going to see Stay Alive and Larry the Cable Guy.

Stay alive bad? Well no shit. Same can apply to larry the cable guy, who I don't find funny at all let alone give him a movie. Instead I think I might check out either inside man or v for vendetta.

Well, my boyfriend wanted to see Larry the Cable Guy because he likes him, and so we went last night. It was really retarded, but my boyfriend thought it was funny, and I laughed a couple times, so whatever. My boyfriend is from a rural area, and he says he knows people just like him, and that's why he says he likes him.

[/quote]

Don't forget, it was also directed by sylvester stallone...

[quote name='munch']That's what I'm saying. I have to have a REALLY good reason to go to the movies, unless i'm bored on a saturday afternoon. V for Vendetta might do it for me, but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

Do it just for vendetta.
That movie is totally worth getting gum on your shoes and sitting on vomit covered seats.

[quote name='neocisco']Inside Man should be very good. Denzel doesn't do crap movies.[/quote]

John Q, Antwone Fisher, & Virtuosity beg to differ. However his good to crap ratio is excellent compared to most.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You know what the Larry The Cable Guy movie really needs...

It needs an order of Chuck Norris roundhouses! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Making fun of one unfunny trend with another. This is the highest level of humor.

[quote name='klwillis45']John Q, Antwone Fisher, & Virtuosity beg to differ. However his good to crap ratio is excellent compared to most.[/quote]

Maybe, wrong and right. Virtuosity is funny in that who would ever expect to see a bad movie that has both Denzel and Russell Crowe in it? By "crap" I mean just awful. It's been many years since he's made an awful movie. He's at a position in his career that he can be as picky as he wants to be which certainly helps.

I saw Larry the Health Inspector last night. I enjoy his standup, I thought to myself "how bad can this movie be?".

Pretty damn bad.

Sure, the jokes are funny... the first 20 times. Sure, its funny when Larry calls his female partner, who looks like a small boy, "son" and boy, the first four times. Its funny when someone farts at the wrong moment the first couple of times.

When the whole movie is just the same jokes dragged on and on, they start to lose their shine. I think the audience I went with agreed - people were laughing during the first half of the movie, but then, near the middle, the laughter just kind of stopped. I mean, Larry just says things for the sake of shock value in this movie, and it loses its charm, such as "I'm so hungry I could eat out of a skunk's butthole!!".

The story was REALLY predictable and REALLY boring... hell, one of the high points of the movie is that it has Biff from Back to the Future in it... hes really let himself go, by the way.

This movie DID have some funny jokes... some stuff it hit dead on. I remember one scene where the owner of the restaurant said "I have to go, I'm expecting some crabs" and Larry said "I remember this time I told this girl the same thing!" or something like that. Also, Larry trying to use a computer was pretty damn funny, as well.

When the movie hit a genuine joke, it was funny... but if you've seen the previews, you're really seen all their is to the movie.

Stay Alive is worse than awful, it's damn near dreadful.

Last night, after my friends suprise birthday party he wants to go see a movie, we all agree on 'Stay Alive'. It's a 10:30 showing, and past the previews the movie started around a quarter till 11'. Having a curfew of 12:30, I thought meh i'll leave during the middle I guess. Well no need young fans! These characters die off faster than a CBS sitcom, the only bright part of the movie is when Frankie Muniz is playing the game and runs away and says 'Bitch i'm not dead yet, that's cheating'! Overall, i give this movie a 0/10.

[quote name='Blade']Larry The Cable Guy is generally funny, but stand up comedy doesn't equal a movie.

I take personal offense to everyone who calls Larry The Cable Guy terrible/retarded. His type of stand up comedy applies to ALL poor white people, not just "rednecks". fuck you, elitist upper middle class assholes.[/QUOTE]

So all poor white people make fun of Mexican accents and hate some foreigners as well as gays?
"I have an impression of Elton John. I get the impression he's queer. Boy I tell you what that's funny.".
"Hey! I know how to speak Mexican. See Senor(with Mexican), I am Mexican(says with Mexican accent).". That's more to this one but I can't remember and am paraphrasing a bit. Yeah this asshole is REALLY classy. If I met LtCG I'd be tempted to punch him in the face and really beat the shit out of him. I hate him that much. He's NOT funny and I really don't get how people can find him that way. I'm not a big fan of Foxworthy or the rest of them but I'm sure they don't have Larry's brand of hating either.

[quote name='cgpwns']In case you haven't seen the previews Stay Alive sucks. I won't spoil the stupid plot for those who like to torture themselves, suffice to say the movie was full of product placement and your typical gamer stereotypes. They should rename the movie Stay Awake!

I also saw Larry the Health Inspector; while not as bad as Stay Alive this is only worth a rental at best. It has some midly funny jokes now and then, but is mostly for fans of Larry the Cable Guy. Some of you might like it since it has Buster from Arrested development in it though.

The only other movie we are getting this weekend is perhaps the only one worth seeing, Inside Man. I didn't get to screen this one since it was already 4am when Larry was over. I'll let you know what the customers think after tonight.[/quote]

Personally, i went to Stay Alive and i find it in the middle. It is not as great as i hoped, but also not a total dumb.
I think that the movie is more aimed for non-gamers, but it had to some degree a interesting plot and some good ideas.
To be honest, all horror-movies are copies of copies. Havent found any good one so far, since Hellraiser (the first 2).
One thing i know, i will see Silent Hill. Good thing is, that i did not play the game.
Just wished we had in northern L.A. a 2,5$ theater. The last one got closed down some years ago.:wall:

bread's done
Back