Stay Alive

It's not a good sign when the tagline doesn't make sense. "Hey John, did you notice that? My character died, and I died! Crazy!"

Man, what the fuck are they thinking? That has to be the dumbest plot I've ever seen.

What's with really shitty horror movies lately anyway? It seems like the new trend is horror movies that make absolutely no sense (well not that horror movies have ever really made sense, but yeah, the new ones seem really shitty).

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The last movie based on a video game that was worth a damn was Brainscan, IMO. This, though, just sounds really bad.[/QUOTE]
I'll have to disagree. Street Fighter came out approximately 8 months after brainscan:D

In all seriousness, I liked Res Evil, too.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The last movie based on a video game that was worth a damn was Brainscan, IMO. This, though, just sounds really bad.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen Brainscan. I didn't realize that was Edward Furlong in that movie until I looked it up on imdb just now.

As far as sci-fi / horror movies based on video games (and not video game titles), The LawnMower Man was a pretty solid sci-fi movie.

I can already see a sequel coming: "When you die in real life, you die in the game"

So ppl who want to steal your loot will have to find you and kill you in real life.

Theres a trailer at the official site

[quote name='SpazX']That has to be the dumbest plot I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, this is "Snakes on a Plane" level of dumb, but I'm not sure which one is worse.

I read about this in an older issue of Game Informer. Just looking at Franky Muniz's character will tell anyone with a speck of intelligence that the movie will blow ass.

I'll probably see it when it gets to the $2 theater here after failing at the more expensive ones....who knows though, it COULD be a decent movie.

The soundtrack better be by the BeeGees or they just lost my $8!

Seriously though - it's been how many years since the Matrix and we still have to put up with movies as bad as this?

Wow this is so over the top and unrepresentative, it's going to be the Hackers for the new millenium.

How much do you want to bet that the end of the movie involves playing the game and beating the boss?

[quote name='Vegan']Wow this is so over the top and unrepresentative, it's going to be the Hackers for the new millenium.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - except Angelina Jolie is replaced by that guy from weekend at Bernies - JIP!!!

Does anyone remember a movie were this kid had this computer game. And he had to make it through and the game which was a dungeon and if he didn't he would die.

No one? oh well this movie in the OP sounds really dumb.

[quote name='Brak']"a group of teens notice that once their characters die ... they die."[/QUOTE]

Oh look it appears that I have died. Well time to move on to the after life.

WTF they notice they die? How do you notice you die. To notice that you are dead you have to be alive yes?

[quote name='Graystone']Does anyone remember a movie were this kid had this computer game. And he had to make it through and the game which was a dungeon and if he didn't he would die.

No one? oh well this movie in the OP sounds really dumb.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brak']"a group of teens notice that once their characters die ... they die."[/QUOTE]

Oh look it appears that I have died. Well time to move on to the after life.

WTF they notice they die? How do you notice you die. To notice that you are dead you have to be alive yes?

[quote name='Vegan']It's so funny that the gamers look a group of GAP models who communicate entirely via Bluetooth earpieces.[/QUOTE]

That's similar to the Everquest Online Adventures commercials Sony aired for awhile. It had a businessmen calling their friends and hot chicks asking if it was time to "slay the dragon."

Very bad.

I saw the full trailer in the theatre.. it looked okay, it doesn't look as bad as some of you are making it out to be.. i'll be the guinea pig to check it out and report back on how it was.

Can't wait for Silent Hill, though

I've seen the trailer to this movie pop in the last 3 or so movies I've seen. Terrible terrible stuff.

IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REALLLL!!!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']reminds me of an old star trek episode about how people on a planet had war.[/quote]

The one where they killed the people on each side when they lost in the game? Good episode.

[quote name='Logain8955']I dunno, this is "Snakes on a Plane" level of dumb, but I'm not sure which one is worse.[/QUOTE]

No no no wrong. Snakes on a Plane is bound for cult film level status. This on the other hand is bound for the shitpile.

How to win at this dumbass horror movie...

What the movie is about: "While playing an online horror game, a group of teens notice that once their characters die ... they die."

What I would do: Stop playing.

THE END.

I thought it looked okay up until the end of the trailer..

"Don't you get it man, if you die in the game..you die for real"

Now seeing the trailer it's just as shitty sounding. Wtf is up with movies lately? Drop in somebody that looks like the girl from the ring, kill people for some odd random reason, blah blah, horror movies suck.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']How to win at this dumbass horror movie...

What the movie is about: "While playing an online horror game, a group of teens notice that once their characters die ... they die."

THE END.[/QUOTE]

But what if there is a reason that they cant stop playing? Like the disc will shoot out of the console and cut off the players head?

Actually I bet they all play and die in the game during the beginning of the movie and spend the rest of the movie trying to "stay alive" in real life.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']How to win at this dumbass horror movie...

THE END.[/QUOTE]

What if it's like the ring? You just can't stop. The game is hypnotic.

[quote name='2poor']What if it's like the ring? You just can't stop. The game is hypnotic.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't they destroy it or ask somebody else to destroy it?

And why are so many bad movies produced?

lol, this a rip off of "the Ring", a movie I hate in the first place. God, this resurrection of "teen slasher/horror" flicks needs to stop. Too much crap being released.

People are making this movie sound way worse than it will probably be.....probably...I am thinking of going and seeing it this weekend just to let people know how bad it really is...

The worse this movie is, the better. And I already have my $13.50 ticket in hand! Woo!

Totally the new Hackers.

bread's done
Back