Stay the HELL away from Inetvideo.ca

Nukkus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
things are beign fixed now.

EDIT: Nope, they have decided to only refund me for the CHEAPEST of the two broken games, after promising a full refund in the previous email if i could provide photos of the broken games. hurray for shady business practices. DO NOT BUY FROM INETVIDEO, THEY SHIP IN FLIMSY ENVELOPES, WHICH MEANS BROKEN GAMES FOR YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have purchased from them a few times in the past, and fortunately never had an experience like that. Hope you can get things resolved.

[quote name='jeffx']had nothing but pleasant experiences with inetvideo.ca in the past. Will not be staying the HELL away.[/QUOTE]

Every company is capable of providing service, if not they'd be dead in weeks. How they perform when things go to hell is the metric they should be judged with.

Personally I've only ever complained to two online retailers, Amazon.ca and Rosenqueen. Both of them tossed me free replacements without me even asking for them (I was asking for exchanges in both instances).

[quote name='ragnar14']Every company is capable of providing service, if not they'd be dead in weeks. How they perform when things go to hell is the metric they should be judged with.

Personally I've only ever complained to two online retailers, Amazon.ca and Rosenqueen. Both of them tossed me free replacements without me even asking for them (I was asking for exchanges in both instances).[/QUOTE]

Amazon and Rosenqueen are huge, these inet guys seem like (yet) another tiny internet store. They die within a half decade.

[quote name='gamer602']Why is this even posted here on the main forum?[/QUOTE]

A warning to other CAGers.

Thanks for the warning, I rarely shop online and if I do it's usually someone trusted like Amazon or Starcitygames/Troll and Toad or whatever. Will just stay the fuck away from those guys. Such is the free market.

[quote name='Nukkus']no, i didn;t, i used the email button on the chat window to forward a copy of the log to their customer service, and the BBB.[/QUOTE]

BBB wont and cant do anything about it

Meh, we're only getting one side of the story here. Nukkus could've been a massive douche the guy, and pushed him past his breaking point. I for one never shop at inetvideo anyways, but this thread won't deter me from doing so in the future.

Also, wrong forum.

[quote name='Nukkus']ACTUALLY, the only thing i managed to do was give him my invoice number.[/QUOTE]

Well then, colour me surprised. I find it highly irregular that their response to your invoice number would be 'go fuck yourself', but I guess we'll have to take your word for it.

Not taking any sides, but on their store through amazon.ca, they've processed 23553 orders and received 1178 neutral/negative feedback ratings... and that's on Amazon where you basically HAVE to be good or they will ban you!

Who knows how they act on their own site with their own rules...

I'm personally staying away, but to each their own.

OP, why delete original messages and title?

They're only fixing it now because obviously someone from this forum (or lurker) works for them/tipped them off. Still doesn't excuse what they did.

I for one will just be staying the fuck away and telling anyone I know to do the same, their Amazon.ca rating speaks for itself.

Also, if you want to deter people from clicking this thread, a period is only about 4 pixels in size and a true pita to click.

[quote name='kathos']OP, why delete original messages and title?

They're only fixing it now because obviously someone from this forum (or lurker) works for them/tipped them off. Still doesn't excuse what they did.

I for one will just be staying the fuck away and telling anyone I know to do the same, their Amazon.ca rating speaks for itself.[/QUOTE]He emailed a copy of the chat log to customer service and that's why it's getting fixed.

[quote name='poiuiu']Also, if you want to deter people from clicking this thread, a period is only about 4 pixels in size and a true pita to click.

[quote name='Fuzzy']He emailed a copy of the chat log to customer service and that's why it's getting fixed.[/QUOTE]
actually, they saw my rant on here. i think that's what pushed things along >_>;

[quote name='Nukkus']actually, they saw my rant on here. i think that's what pushed things along >_>;[/QUOTE]Then deleting your posts was stupid.

[quote name='Fuzzy']Then deleting your posts was stupid.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that was one of the stipulations to give him a refund?

[quote name='NineH']Maybe that was one of the stipulations to give him a refund?[/QUOTE]

Well they've already lost my business forever so that's one down.

If anyones interested in the posts that Nukkus made, google "nukkus jeffx inetvideo.ca" (just some keywords from this thread) then click on Cached. I would link you but I can't post links yet.

To recap, he said that when he chatted with someone over their website about an order issue that they told him to go fuck himself.

just found out that two games from the same order that i gave as gifts were broken too. this should serve as an example why bubble mailers are crud for protection. companies need to use boxes >_

I still don't understand why you felt the need to delete all of your posts. You obviously came here to tell people about your negative experience, why hide it all of a sudden?

You're like one of those people on a Photoshop forum who, after the question gets solved, feels the need to lock their own thread so that no one can ask or add a follow up question or statement.

things are beign fixed now.

EDIT: Nope, they have decided to only refund me for the CHEAPEST of the two broken games, after promising a full refund in the previous email if i could provide photos of the broken games. hurray for shady business practices. DO NOT BUY FROM INETVIDEO, THEY SHIP IN FLIMSY ENVELOPES, WHICH MEANS BROKEN GAMES FOR YOU!

[quote name='Nukkus']things are beign fixed now.

EDIT: Nope, they have decided to only refund me for the CHEAPEST of the two broken games, after promising a full refund in the previous email if i could provide photos of the broken games. hurray for shady business practices. DO NOT BUY FROM INETVIDEO, THEY SHIP IN FLIMSY ENVELOPES, WHICH MEANS BROKEN GAMES FOR YOU![/QUOTE]
Someone said something very smart in this thread.

[quote name='Fuzzy']Then deleting your posts was stupid.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fuzzy']Someone said something very smart in this thread.[/QUOTE]

actually, the condition of geting a refund was to delete my posts. too bad they decided to ba asshats in the end and not keep their word.

[quote name='jeffx']had nothing but pleasant experiences with inetvideo.ca in the past. Will not be staying the HELL away.[/QUOTE]

Same. Probably placed 3-4 orders with them and never had trouble. Piece of Mind media through Amazon often resulted in cracked cases, but never inet.

Thanks man,
I was going to order some stuff for Christmas (Certain people have started to recognize the amazon logo on packages) but I'll be going the old fashioned way instead. To the mall!

Thats the problem with Amazon/Ebay, their are always good deals, but often the seller is shady so buying from them becomes a gamble.

You need to grow a pair and do better negotiating. You give them what they want (deleted posts) when you get what you want (refund).

[quote name='gamer602']Why is this even posted here on the main forum?[/QUOTE]

is this guy still trying to moderate the forum? lol

[quote name='feelgoodinc']Still don't know what your original complaint was exactly, but if they asked you to delete your messages and still didn't keep their word, your next step is here: http://consumerist.com/[/QUOTE]

the orginal complaint is that every game they shipped to me was broken, and they refused to do anything about it.

[quote name='Nukkus']actually, the condition of geting a refund was to delete my posts. too bad they decided to ba asshats in the end and not keep their word.[/QUOTE]
Any reputable business would have taken care of these issues your having without requiring certain conditions from you beyond normal returns,etc asking to delete your posts is not acceptable.

[quote name='blissskr']Any reputable business would have taken care of these issues your having without requiring certain conditions from you beyond normal returns,etc asking to delete your posts is not acceptable.[/QUOTE]

exactly. i only ever had one broken game from amazon.ca, and they sent a replacement out overnight. i'll be stickign with them, especially with the free shipping now.

Amazon is awesome, I'd ditch these inetvideo jerks permanently. That kind of crappy service is inexcusable.

thankfully i managed to get the games locally, though i had to pay a bit more than their prices. the ones from inetvideo were meant as a gift. i had wrapped them up, given them to my buddy, he opens them up at his party and the discs are broken :<
unfortunately they were cracked, and not completely broken through, if they gad been in pieces i could have heard them rattling around, and i wouldn't have given them as gifts. at least i managed to replace them, though at twice the price.

bread's done
Back