STEAM Batman: AA GOTY $19.99

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
145 (100%)
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35140/

Unsure if this is a Midweek Madness Deal but it's 50% off for the time being.

I got the regular edition game from a GFWL sale at $12.49. It'd be nice to have this on Steam just for the sake of having everything in one place, but I don't think it's worth it for me to buy again based on the additional content. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Wait what comes in the GOTY edition? I thought it was just made in 3D and you get the 3D glasses when you buy it in store. What comes with it since there won't be 3D glasses if we buy it off steam?

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Wait what comes in the GOTY edition? I thought it was just made in 3D and you get the 3D glasses when you buy it in store. What comes with it since there won't be 3D glasses if we buy it off steam?[/QUOTE]

Seems not much. Quoted from the Steam page;

"featuring 4 extra Challenge Maps. The additional Challenge Maps are Crime Alley; Scarecrow Nightmare; Totally Insane and Nocturnal Hunter"

All I saw was "Batman: AA GOTY $19.99" and I started to pee my pants with delight. Then I saw "STEAM" and my stream crawled back up inside.

Needs me some console AA GOTY at $29.99 or less!

seems like a decent deal
but
gonna hold out till sometime later
gotta finish the backlog :p
thanks though

Excellent game; if you're one of the (probably) few who, like myself, have Nvidia 3D Vision, this is a must-own. Unbelievable playing this in stereoscopic 3D...

[quote name='vauhs']"4 machine activation limit," I was gonna bite till I saw this.[/QUOTE]

There is a revoke tool that is placed in the Steam Tools tab (I guess that's still where it is in the new client, anyway), so you can regain an activation if you're reinstalling software on a PC, or need to move to a different PC...

I've wanted this game, but yesterday my Harddrive crapped out on me.

So here I am stuck with an old backup using linux.

It'll probably be around 10 later in the year anyway.

I'm going to wait for the PS3 GOTY version to be less than $30 on Amazon - I have a $20 credit from Mario Galaxy still... COMON AMAZON!!

Anyone know if the PC version supports the Xbox 360 controller with buttons already mapped like Fallout 3, GTA, etc. ? Might bite if it does.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Anyone know if the PC version supports the Xbox 360 controller with buttons already mapped like Fallout 3, GTA, etc. ? Might bite if it does.[/QUOTE]

It does. Well at least the GFWL on demand version did. But I see any reason this version wouldn't.

I've beaten it completely twice since it went on sale last time (Regular edition for $24.99). It's a fantastic game and highly recommended even if you are not a Batman fan.

This is a great game, but I won't bite since I've already beaten it. For me, it's one of those games you play once and never play again. Still a fantastic game that everybody should play though.

I love this game alot, probably one of my favorite games. This and Bayonetta have consumed alot of my console playing time.. I play it a bunch especially the Free Flow challenge maps. I love the combat on Sewer Bat Extreme. Im selling my copy for 20$ on 360 to a friend and hopefully I can use one of my 10$ GS coupons on the PS3 version so I can play the Joker maps.

[quote name='UtahIsNotAState']It'd be nice for people who already have it on steam to release the map pack as DLC for it.[/QUOTE]

Can you not add the DLC to the Steam version? I bought Batman: AA during the Christmas sale, but never got around to playing it, so I'm kicking myself now that the GotY version is 50% off. But, if I can just buy the DLC from GFW, it's not a huge deal.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']It does. Well at least the GFWL on demand version did. But I see any reason this version wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I searched around and it seems like it is supported with steam also.

Just to confirm, the GOTY version has a different set of points for both PC and 360 right? I've already played the reg version on both and would play it a 3rd time for more points lol.

[quote name='Cantatus']Can you not add the DLC to the Steam version? I bought Batman: AA during the Christmas sale, but never got around to playing it, so I'm kicking myself now that the GotY version is 50% off. But, if I can just buy the DLC from GFW, it's not a huge deal.[/QUOTE]

I was able to.

This is such an excellent game. The Steam version still supports Games For Windows Live, so you can earn Achievements for your GamerTag. It works perfectly with an Xbox 360 controller, too. I paid $20 for the standard edition (no extra map packs) and it was easily worth it.

why do people hate SecureROM?
I would put myself into the average PC gamer shoes (2 computers, rare relocation. always-on broadband connection). I have nearly all my games attached to SecureROM and never run into any issues.
Assassin's Creed 2's DRM was the only DRM that ever gave me problems (exiting the game upon a dropped connection).

[quote name='eastx']This is such an excellent game. The Steam version still supports Games For Windows Live, so you can earn Achievements for your GamerTag. It works perfectly with an Xbox 360 controller, too. I paid $20 for the standard edition (no extra map packs) and it was easily worth it.[/QUOTE]
Since I didn't think I'd be getting Live Achievements I was gonna pass. Thanks for the info.

Picked this up and I'm freakin loving it. I had originally skipped it because I thought it was another generic beat em' up kinda game, but the gameplay is fantastic :)

Easily worth the $20 ;)

bread's done
Back