Steam Code Drop ~ NO BEGGING! NO TRADING!

Okay, so I have a bit of a quandary right now. It seems that our first place winner also earned a spot to win one of the leftover games. Do you guys think I should: a) Give one prize per person, b) Allow both wins to go to one person, or c) throw tables and run screaming into the night? (obvious joke is obvious, I hope.)
One per person really.. Gives others a chance

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I have a bit of a quandary right now. It seems that our first place winner also earned a spot to win one of the leftover games. Do you guys think I should: a) Give one prize per person, b) Allow both wins to go to one person, or c) throw tables and run screaming into the night? (obvious joke is obvious, I hope.)
I guess since people can take as many keys as they want from a drop, it could be the same here.

Is there a winner yet? I don't see anybody liked and quoted your message?
Unless I'm missing something.

I say one per person.

Okie dokie, the rules have been updated after some group discussion to state that you can only win once and your first win counts first. So our new first prize winner will be contacted shortly.

And no, there are seven games. Read very carefully. :D

Right now, no one has won the first or second prizes yet. Is anyone gonna take these games off my hands? I can't hold them all...

No, you won third prize first. Rules state that the first prize you win is what counts.
Wait, what's third prize? The typo? I sent you that PM after quoting your message, being the first to quote your message to qualify for a game.

I quoted your post at 5:33 PM EST and sent you the PM at 5:36 PM EST

Yes, but I saw your PM first and your comment second. If you think that's unfair, so be it, but that's what I did for everyone.
What... I just... Wha... I had no power over what you saw first! lol >.<

I sent the PM as a fail safe in case someone quoted your post before me (and they almost did.. When I refreshed the page I saw another post made also at 5:33 PM EST right after mine, but now they hid their message).

First person to like and quote this message (this and only this message - not the Easter crunchy bit) will get to pick one of the following games: Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten, Dear Esther, Hammerwatch, Super Hexagon, VVVVVV, or Titan Attacks!
Like that? :3

What... I just... Wha... I had no power over what you saw first! lol >.<

I sent the PM as a fail safe in case someone quoted your post before me (and they almost did.. When I refreshed the page I saw another post made also at 5:33 PM EST right after mine, but now they hid their message).
Spoiler alert: Dude, you're gonna get something either way. I know my method's kind of rusty right now, but I try to be as fair as possible when I give stuff away. So don't worry so much.

So.

You thought this was over, did you? That I would just pack up and walk away from this thread after giving away seven games?

Well, did you?

Well, you were wrong. Seven games? Pfft. That's not enough. It's never enough.

Give me your derpiest cat gif/image and I will reward the person who makes me laugh the most with a copy of Dustforce DX. Show me your silliest cats, CAG. Show me, and win!

derp_cat_tries_to_understand_snow-174305.jpg

And we're done! Winner will be contacted shortly! Thank you all for your submissions; they really made my day.

Also, there's still two games up for grabs from my original contest! Take a look at the page before this for details and good luck!

And we're done! Winner will be contacted shortly! Thank you all for your submissions; they really made my day.

Also, there's still two games up for grabs from my original contest! Take a look at the page before this for details and good luck!
I don't think people are going to quote that message since only the fifth person will win and we're only at 2 quotes. Hmm...

There's three. I may not know who hid their post, but I'm still going to count them.

And hmm indeed. I suppose I could turn the quote a message requirement into something like "Pick a random number between x and y, closest person wins" thing. But that's more luck and less skill based, so I dunno. Anyone got any ideas?

There's three. I may not know who hid their post, but I'm still going to count them.

And hmm indeed. I suppose I could turn the quote a message requirement into something like "Pick a random number between x and y, closest person wins" thing. But that's more luck and less skill based, so I dunno. Anyone got any ideas?
Can I just quote it to speed things up, even if I don't qualify?

Nah, I need to think of something else for a contest. It feels like no one wants to be the fourth quoter, but everyone sure wants to be the fifth one. That's why no one's replying - it's basically a Mexican standoff right now.

Man...okay. Random number time! Pick a number between 1-500, cross your fingers, and the person who comes closest to what the RNG picks will win second prize. Good luck, and here's hoping RNGJebus is merciful to you tonight.

You know what would be more fun? A contest where you have to write with the funniest improv story. The more random, the better. Just a thought.

Nah, I need to think of something else for a contest. It feels like no one wants to be the fourth quoter, but everyone sure wants to be the fifth one. That's why no one's replying - it's basically a Mexican standoff right now.

Man...okay. Random number time! Pick a number between 1-500, cross your fingers, and the person who comes closest to what the RNG picks will win second prize. Good luck, and here's hoping RNGJebus is merciful to you tonight.
may as well go for the middle - 250

Ok, well since I'm joining in late in the conversation I might as well jump on the bandwagon.

My random number is ...

heeey....

there'a a contest, a lot of them and I don't participate none?!?!?!??

no fraggin' way.....

take my number sir:

edit: I'm drunk right now and read 1-1500...... change to 379 and everyone will be happy

and if cats still count......

qzMH1Vf.jpg

Last edited:
And my entry for the random number is 177. Thanks for the chance!

First person to like and quote this message (this and only this message - not the Easter crunchy bit) will get to pick one of the following games: Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten, Dear Esther, Hammerwatch, Super Hexagon, VVVVVV, or Titan Attacks!
Idk, i just quote this :3

anyway, my number is 356

Alright. Last call for numbers! Last call! The winner will be chosen at 10:30pm EST to make some room for the biggest and last contest at 11:30pm. Get ready for this jelly!

bread's done
Back