Steam: Dawn of War II Gold - $20 (50% off)

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
header.jpg

Link

You can also buy them individually for $15 in case you already own DoW2.

EDIT: If you already own DoW2, you get an extra copy of DoW2 to gift to a friend if you buy DoW2 Gold.

Users who own "Dawn of War II" and then go on to purchase "Dawn of War II Gold Edition" will receive an extra copy of "Dawn of War II" Link - (Bullet point 'D' under "How Do I Receive Extra Copies to Share With Friends?"

Thanks turls!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I bought DoW II from steam when it was on sale a few months ago, so I only need Chaos Rising. Sad part is that I have barely played it, maybe 30 minutes because of my backlog. Any recommendations from fellow CAGs on CR? Worth $15?

[quote name='Darol']Is this a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Xiemos']Hmm, I bought DoW II from steam when it was on sale a few months ago, so I only need Chaos Rising. Sad part is that I have barely played it, maybe 30 minutes because of my backlog. Any recommendations from fellow CAGs on CR? Worth $15?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I only have DoW2. I heard it was pretty good. But I think I'm going to wait until it's $10 or less.

But to anybody that doesn't have either of these, this is a really good deal for a really fun game.

Wow, I might spring for the Gold even though I own the original just to support the gifting option:

From the Steam forums:

Actually this is one of the rare cases where you do get to pass the extra copy along to a friend.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...4502-TPJL-2656

Quote:
Users who own "Dawn of War II" and then go on to purchase "Dawn of War II Gold Edition" will receive an extra copy of "Dawn of War II"

highly recommended and if you dont know
the game has no money management its more like company of heroes
still done very well

[quote name='turls']Wow, I might spring for the Gold even though I own the original just to support the gifting option:

From the Steam forums:

Actually this is one of the rare cases where you do get to pass the extra copy along to a friend.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...4502-TPJL-2656

Quote:
Users who own "Dawn of War II" and then go on to purchase "Dawn of War II Gold Edition" will receive an extra copy of "Dawn of War II"[/QUOTE]

This needs to be added to OP, great news.

I personally can't get in to these Relic RTS's (I'm very particular about RTS) but these come highly rated, I'd say bite if you've got the cash.

Bought! Haven't played a Warhammer game since Space Hulk on the 3DO. Man that game was impossible (but somehow still fun).

Gah, I've been looking for a pc so I could play these. Was hoping this sale would be in a few months. I might have to get this for when I get a system that can run it.

This is a great price, too bad it comes after I lose the urge to buy DOW2...

Also bought and sold several copies of it, but hell, the expansion alone is $40 new. Both for $20? GO GET!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']This needs to be added to OP, great news.[/QUOTE]

Done.

Hmmm...I wonder if I could pick up Gold and sell the extra DoW2 to somebody for $10....

That's awesome that they are letting you gift the 2nd copy of DoW2 if you already own it. I really hope this starts a trend.

Chaos Rising is a $5 bargain bin purchase. I bought it for $15 on ebay and felt ripped off after beating it in an afternoon. This is a good deal if you need the original DOW2 though. That game has a decent amount of meat to it although some missions are very repetitive.

great effing games. Love the RTS/RPG hybrid.. so fun. I've been caught up with SC2 but once the beta ends I'll continue with Chaos Rising campaign. I don't even play the MP, but campaign is good stuff. Highly recommended.

Bah. I just picked up Majesty 2 for $7.50 and I have barely played an hour of the original DoW2 (got it on sale). My instinct is to go buy Chaos Rising at a steal for $15...but I know I'll probably not get around to playing it for a good while :/

Pretty good deal if you want both or to gift DoWII to a buddy to play with , but I'll wait for a better sale on CR since I already have DoWII. $10 or less and I'm in.

man steam is a motherfucker.
well, if anybody just wants the original dow2 let me know id be willign to split the bundle for $10 each.

[quote name='paz9x']man steam is a motherfucker.
well, if anybody just wants the original dow2 let me know id be willign to split the bundle for $10 each.[/QUOTE]

I don't think u can split the bundle.. DOW II Gold has only 1 CD Key

[quote name='agentghost']I don't think u can split the bundle.. DOW II Gold has only 1 CD Key[/QUOTE]

am i reading it wrong? if you have dow2 and get the bundle you get an extra copy of dow2 right?

so I have dow2 if i buy the bundle i should be able to gift dow2 to someone while i keep chaos rising?

Both the base game and the expansion offer 1000 GamerPoints each, for a total of 2000 if you get the Gold bundle. Very cool for Achievement fans.

If anyone wants to go half-sies and get the original while I take the expansion, I'd be willing to. PM me.

I'd also be willing to split the price of the gold pack - I have the original but would like to nab the expansion; $10 for the original dow2 if anyone wants - pm me.

Yea this is a great deal for $20. Since there is no base building/resource gathering it plays like a cross between an RTS and a loot grab since there is a ton of cool wargear you can pick up for your squads. You only control 4 squads at a time, which makes it very manageable even for people who are put off by RTS games. Both campaigns support co-op as well and the Last Stand mode (sort of like horde mode in Gears 2, but in RTS format) lets you level up a character and unlock new wargear and powers for them. The only drawbacks are that the chaos rising campaign is only about 10-12 missions and The Last Stand only has one map to play on. Also, if you are not good at RTS games you will get your ass handed to you if you are inclined to play online, but really there is enough content here in just the single player & co-op campaigns plus last stand to easily make this worth $20. The 2000 achievement points don't hurt either. ;)

couldn't bring myself to pass it up...so i bought them...even though i have like a ton of games i have yet to play...

anyone else keep making a huge backlog for yourself lol?

What are the chances that they will enable these for the Mac? I may buy them now in the hopes that they get them running on the Mac later.

[quote name='BREVITY']What are the chances that they will enable these for the Mac? I may buy them now in the hopes that they get them running on the Mac later.[/QUOTE]
Slim to nil, all the netcode runs on Games for Windows Live, so not only would they have to port the game, they would have to rewrite a lot of netcode.

I'll bite on these and add to my backlog lol. Never got the original DOW2 because of my neverending backlog but can't beat this price. Thanks OP.

Any other opinions on if Chaos Rising is worth the $15 if I already have vanilla and enjoyed it? Is it worth 15 bucks by itself? I would likely get the gold edition and give the vanilla to somebody.

[quote name='didamangi']Anyone want to split the gold edition? I want the original DoW 2 only.

So anyone who already have the original and want the expansion can pm me if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

PMed!

Both games are fun people. I recommend them. Matchmaking is a little clunky and lag is a pain sometimes but thats mostly in Team Battles - which is what I like to play most. Chaos Rising is wonderfully refreshing and fun with all the new units and the new campaign is pretty crazy and actually challenging at time. Id buy em if I didnt already own em.

Yea, I want only the expansion, so if anyone wants to go half and half for just the DoW2 vanilla/main game (i get the expansion), PM me.

What are the chances that Steam will discount any of the Dawn of War 1 expansions? I prefer the first one over second and really want Soulstorm to drop

[quote name='skull333']What are the chances that Steam will discount any of the Dawn of War 1 expansions? I prefer the first one over second and really want Soulstorm to drop[/QUOTE]

Very high? Once you see something like this on sale or even a publisher bundle, it really becomes a question of when. So yes, likely there will be a sale on DOW1 stuff, but when? Anyone's guess

[quote name='kilm']Very high? Once you see something like this on sale or even a publisher bundle, it really becomes a question of when. So yes, likely there will be a sale on DOW1 stuff, but when? Anyone's guess[/QUOTE]

or you can wait for the winter sale?

bread's done
Back