Steam Deal - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - $5 (75% off) until November 2nd

buckythekat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2991/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/4500/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/stalkershadowofchernobyl

Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg

personally I'm still hoping for Vampire the Masquerade as the Halloween weekend deal but having a deal for the week is pretty nice too

and once again they are determined to rape my wallet :p

[quote name='SageBigly']Will maybe get. Really want Killing floor since I played it now though. Gotta get paid tomorrow![/QUOTE]

I feel the same after the free trial. I just wished I had gotten the game during the 50% off steam sale before. It's a better game then left for dead personally. It feels more satisfying killing zombies because their heads explode and they keep walking while the left for dead zombies just drop like cardboard.

[quote name='solarisv']I feel the same after the free trial. I just wished I had gotten the game during the 50% off steam sale before. It's a better game then left for dead personally. It feels more satisfying killing zombies because their heads explode and they keep walking while the left for dead zombies just drop like cardboard.[/QUOTE]
same way i feel man lol. Loved the free weekend. hey if you get it(which i MAY get it this tuesday but i have plenty of gaming right now) add me on steam. johndglas

thanks for the info i already got it during the d2d sale but now im thinking of getting it for steam too. does anyone know if the steam version modable?

[quote name='SageBigly']same way i feel man lol. Loved the free weekend. hey if you get it(which i MAY get it this tuesday but i have plenty of gaming right now) add me on steam. johndglas[/QUOTE]

i tried killing floor, and i was surprised at how rough it was. it seemed very amateurish, very much lacking in polish. i had deleted it by saturday night. to each his own, i guess.

if i didn't already have stalker, i would pick it up. i think i got it the last time it went on sale for 5 bucks.

One of my favorite games of all time. BUY IT

Also, lots of great mods like STALKER complete 2009 and all the mods that make the game a little less hardcore for those who don't want to worry about carry weight and stuff.

I'd highly recommend this game to anyone - I've played through vanilla Stalker as well as the Oblivion Lost mod - great times; you can't pass up this great deal!

Sigh...another game to add to the never ending backlog, but couldn't pass it up for the price. I'll try to play some this week and see where it goes.

[quote name='Jodou']Sweet deal. Great game if you're into dystopian environments and the atmosphere is just incredible.[/QUOTE]
Yeah this is a very good deal, looks tempting, going to jump in.

so bumping the thread since there's still a couple days left but also wondering

for someone who doesn't like scary games is STALKER still worth it?

[quote name='buckythekat']so bumping the thread since there's still a couple days left but also wondering

for someone who doesn't like scary games is STALKER still worth it?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the game. I wouldn't really consider it a "scary" game. It has some jump out of your seat moments I suppose but it's no worse than most other FPS games. I'd say go for it, it's only $5.

I might have to look into the mods because this game really kicked my ass back in the day.

I would not say its very scary, as thebus mentioned it does have some tense moments. They rely on it a few times, but nothing that makes you sweat like DOOM back in the day.
cagus.smile.jpg

[quote name='vagrantpaul']I would not say its very scary, as thebus mentioned it does have some tense moments. They rely on it a few times, but nothing that makes you sweat like DOOM back in the day.
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was a bit concerned about that as well as I'm a big pussy when it comes to scary games, just can't play them usually. Already partook in this deal though :)

You guys might want to look at getting the Stalker Complete 2009 mod to install with the game. There is an easy to install .exe that works with the Steam game. Found it here after a Google search. I remember playing Stalker back when it was first released and I decided after hearing so many recommendations about the mod that I would try it for myself after finally buying the game on Steam. It adds a lot of graphical enhancements like depth of field, better textures and day cycles that realistically track the sun location during the year and location the game takes place in. Some pics of it here and a full description here.

Well, went ahead and impulsed bought this. If D2D and Steam keep putting games like this and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines on sale for $5 a pop, I'm going to wind up turning into a PC gamer...-=x

Would like to get it but my computer can't run it all that well so I guess I'll pass.

I too would recommend the Stalker Complete 2009 mod. Makes it feel like a more recent game all around. It still retains that unique atmosphere and game play feel though.

bread's done
Back