Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
HQBF6Iv.gif
Or

f2d64a0eb3f5a8bc1baa4ee96ac41281568d732b5af9efd52b6f7b792cff4f89_1.gif

They just know PC Mastah Raec neckbeards don't have friends.
Well, I can't argue with that.

Off topic; thank you for the recommendation to watch Black Mirror.  I am into Season 2 now and am enjoying how plausible the stories can be.

Welcome to the start of my mid-life crisis..thus the avatar/name change.

This key is for Zombie Bowl-O-Rama. Also it's completely backwards, just to humor myself.

JTNJM-T4D9Q-3XTQ9

ive learned to never be excited for a star wars game, they are a trap more often than not
I realize you're making a joke, but still. Aside from the original Battlefront games. Rogue Leader. Dark Forces. Jedi Knight. Republic Commando. The Lego games. Rogue Squadron. Empire at War. The 83 Arcade game. The old Lucasarts games. KOTOR. Yeah, besides those.

Star Wars is one series that has had some pretty decent luck in terms of video games. I'd argue the worst titles are the old Atari, and then the 8 and 16 bit era console games which are absolutely dogshit. Theres a few other titles that I either havent played (not an MMO guy, but Old Republic is still going strong) or that stink.

Force Unleashed's first entry was largely satisfying, but the sequel stinks. I'd even argue in the positive for the most recent Battlefront game in that it was excellently crafted but gameplay just overly casual. As a fan of it all, I've largely been satisfied with Star Wars games, espc the PC only titles.

Larry Skywalker and that weird bear have been treated fairly decently.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were some AWFUL Star Wars games for PS1.
Yea, consoles have largely born the brunt of the bad Star Wars games but theres no question about it that the 90s were not all that good for SW games. Still they got things like Dark Forces and the Battlefronts, but epic shit like the Phantom Menace game and some others were just really bad.

I thought the flight sim type star wars games were decent. X-Wing and Tie Fighter were pretty good honestly. I was never good at those games but I played a decent bit of X-Wing anyway.

Of course there was terrible stuff like Rebel Assault....eh and #2 as well and that horrible clunky fighting game for the ps1.

I remember buying my wife a PS1 Star Wars game back then and then apologizing when we tried to play it.  It was so terrible.  It was a movie tie-in, so maybe Phantom Menace.  

I thought the flight sim type star wars games were decent. X-Wing and Tie Fighter were pretty good honestly. I was never good at those games but I played a decent bit of X-Wing anyway.
These are classics now. I got X-Wing the day it came out, but it didnt work on my PC at the time (lol) a year later I upgraded and its the first thing I installed. Those are the old Lucasarts games.

To go with the rest of the last few posts. The direct movie tie-ins are all bad. I remember the original Star Wars game on the NES. Could not wait for it. Its the most fuckery Ive ever encountered in a game I think. Things that had nothing to do with Star Wars involved lol.

Ironically there's a pod racing game on N64. That's actually alright. Shallow, but alright.

Usable Force powers are always good. I remember playing Jedi Knight for PC a bunch and remembering the force powers were barely usable. Also the light saber fighting was very clunky. Pretty much always better to just shoot a bunch of guys up.

The only Star Wars games I've ended up enjoying have been X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and the pod racer game.

I like kart racers, shut up.

I realize you're making a joke, but still. Aside from the original Battlefront games. Rogue Leader. Dark Forces. Jedi Knight. Republic Commando. The Lego games. Rogue Squadron. Empire at War. The 83 Arcade game. The old Lucasarts games. KOTOR. Yeah, besides those.

Star Wars is one series that has had some pretty decent luck in terms of video games. I'd argue the worst titles are the old Atari, and then the 8 and 16 bit era console games which are absolutely dogshit. Theres a few other titles that I either havent played (not an MMO guy, but Old Republic is still going strong) or that stink.

Force Unleashed's first entry was largely satisfying, but the sequel stinks. I'd even argue in the positive for the most recent Battlefront game in that it was excellently crafted but gameplay just overly casual. As a fan of it all, I've largely been satisfied with Star Wars games, espc the PC only titles.

SWTOR might be the biggest trap in gaming history. bioware developing a star wars title seemed like a match made in heaven, but it didnt work out. Force commander was another that I was really excited for thinking this would something like mechcommander but it just sucked. It seems when I get excited for a star wars game it doesnt work out, it was only partially a joke.

SWTOR might be the biggest trap in gaming history. bioware developing a star wars title seemed like a match made in heaven, but it didnt work out. Force commander was another that I was really excited for thinking this would something like mechcommander but it just sucked. It seems when I get excited for a star wars game it doesnt work out, it was only partially a joke.
There's some people who swear by TOR, but I don't have the time or patience to dump into any MMO. That latest expansion has gotten really high praise from some of its players.

SWTOR was an awesome game. It had some of the best and most memorable PVP in any MMO ever. Huttball was fantastic with good players. Too bad it went F2P and then it was time to quit. Even the raids were decent.

I loved SWTOR at first, some of the class stories (I only did three of them) were very enjoyable but after a while the endgame felt like WoW all over again.  The raiding was just more of the same old nonsense and pretty buggy too.  I enjoyed the non-raid instances for a while but since I mained a healer I was dragged into them until I was sick of them all and ended up burned out within a couple of months.  I had intended to go back and just do story stuff as it was added and hit the normal instances once or twice but nearly everybody from the guild I was in quit the game around the time I did or shortly after so I didn't feel it was worth resubbing and the free to play model was just garbage.  Someday when my backlog is cleared I might log back in.   :rofl:

If anyone is interested I got a physical copy of BF1 from my "nephew" for Easter that arrived in the mail today (a friends kid but not a blood relative) that I'll let go for $25 Amazon. I don't see them/talk to them enough so they had no idea I already had it. Its just a code and no disc is even in the box. Hope a regular bro would want it. Shoot me a PM.

If anyone is interested I got a physical copy of BF1 from my "nephew" for Easter that arrived in the mail today (a friends kid but not a blood relative) that I'll let go for $25 Amazon. I don't see them/talk to them enough so they had no idea I already had it. Its just a code and no disc is even in the box. Hope a regular bro would want it. Shoot me a PM.
Why are kids giving you Easter presents?

Skullgirls worth a pick up? at ~$1.50-1.00?
I keep being tempted when it goes on sale since I hear the PC port is really quite good and I'll never bother to play it on PS3. The problem is that it's the base game that goes on sale all the time which is missing some of the better characters. Those can be gotten for $.59 each right now too but then that bumps you up to $4.50 ($5 if you get the extra colors too), and the second encore adds enough you may as well just get that instead of the characters on their own but then you're at $9.

I actually thought the SNES games were okay platformers.  Nothing amazing but at least competent.  The Gameboy and NES Star Wars games were absolute trash though.

I've played a fair bit of Solitairica over the weekend and I'm really enjoying it. It's not quite as addictive as Faerie Solitaire (but then what is?) but it's still a good take on the genre. I've nearly been able to beat the game with the first deck (the warrior deck, I've now unlocked most of the upgrades) and it's a good challenge. That said, the "roguelike" aspect of it winds me up a bit - if you lose the level it's back to square one. At least you get some currency rewards to allow you to improve your card deck and, assumingly, do a little better next time around. Gameplay is fluent and it doesn't feel like you're cheated (although I've had a few deaths which annoyed me more than they should've done). Good game.

It's only 40% off (£8.99 base price for me, making it £5.39; it's probably 12 or 13 bucks) might be a little rich for some people's tastes, but I think it's definitely worth a place on your wishlist.
This is 75% off as a weekly

SWTOR was an awesome game. It had some of the best and most memorable PVP in any MMO ever. Huttball was fantastic with good players. Too bad it went F2P and then it was time to quit. Even the raids were decent.
I loved SWTOR at first, some of the class stories (I only did three of them) were very enjoyable but after a while the endgame felt like WoW all over again. The raiding was just more of the same old nonsense and pretty buggy too. I enjoyed the non-raid instances for a while but since I mained a healer I was dragged into them until I was sick of them all and ended up burned out within a couple of months. I had intended to go back and just do story stuff as it was added and hit the normal instances once or twice but nearly everybody from the guild I was in quit the game around the time I did or shortly after so I didn't feel it was worth resubbing and the free to play model was just garbage. Someday when my backlog is cleared I might log back in.
There really was no end game at first, as a single player RPG with co-op elements it was a ok game but not worth a subscription. It never felt like a MMO to me and never lived up to the hype. F2P within about a year from release and lost what 75% of the original subscribers in the first 6 or 7 months.

"Congratulations! Your infos are well registered."

lol.

Super Star Wars games on the SNES were decent. There have probably been just as many lame Star Wars games as decent ones, and then only a choice few that remain strong to this day. KoTOR is timeless, but unfortunately most others in the series have aged pretty awfully.

I loved SWTOR, and I could probably still pick it up today again and have fun with it. Basically, it does as many things horrifically wrong as it does things right. You can totally play the game without spending a dime and buy most subscription features with in game money, there's an unbelievable amount of story content in the game and voice-overs, there's decent customization, decent optimization, a pretty well done global trade system, huge amount of companion choices and customization, yada yada (I'm sure you've played it enough to know).

But of course then it has a hundred core flaws that take away from what it could be. Difficulty being far too easy is probably the worst of them. You literally can't play the game as a completionist and have a fun, challenging experience. I would literally have to skip over entire planets to keep with the game's difficulty curve due to overleveling, and even then I insisted on doing most of the group missions solo (2 man AND 4 man ones), since those were the only that posed actual difficulty and required strategy to complete. That's honestly what killed the game for me. One of the best things about SWTOR were the large worlds and multitude of voice acted side quests, but when the game straight up forces you to skip things to keep the game somewhat engaging and challenging, it's silly. It didn't help that I was subbed at the time and that gives you even bigger XP bonuses... So I was just in a perpetual state of being over-leveled and rolling over every enemy. Not to mention that partying up makes everything joke difficulty.

Admittedly, there are probably a lot more integral flaws that make SWTOR a mess, but I dunno. It's still one of the funner MMOs I've played.

bread's done
Back