Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yeah, as soon as I saw someone mention it on another board I started crafting the cards I'd been saving up. Already crafted like 75 badges I think.
photo-121564.png

The time has finally come to expend 50-75 cents worth of cards to generate a single card that'll net me a cool 8 cents.
Yeah, I was going to ask, is there any money to be made in crafting like in the old days or are people just wanting to level up.

Edit:

Also, what do you guys do when a card has no price history?

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anybody isn't up to date, Take-Two is the new devil corporation so hop on over to the GTA V Steam page to watch the negative reviews pile up. They shut down Open IV, a modding tool that has been around since GTA IV. The GTA V community is... less than pleased.
Okay, so what is the real problem here w/ Open IV?

Is Take Two just trying to sell more Shark Cards? Are players pirating Shark Cards?

Is Take Two afraid GTAO players are gaining Achievements from using mods and not doing it the proper way?

Is cheating running rampant on GTAO + causing issues w/ other players to not play online?

Is Take Two + Rockstar filtering out games b/t Modded and Unmodded in GTAO?

I remember when Rockstar was filtering out cheating and non-cheating in Max Payne 3 onto different servers.

For GTA5 SP, Achievements should just be disabled if the gamer's using any mods. Does GTA5 SP check for this Achievements should be earned only when playing the game legit-style, as the dev's have intended.

I caught up on E3 news mainly from Francis/Boogie and other youtube presentations.  While I am excited for FarCry 5, I was surprised how VR/AR really did not come up.  MS abandoned the Kinect.  Sony abandoned the Vita.  No mention of newer/better games for Sony VR.  MS wants to have the bigger/badder console with XBOX X/Scorpio but no AR?  

Nevertheless, some cool titles coming for PC.

Quick note for those interested in Destiny 2.  Humble monthly subscribers can get 10% off Destiny 2 preorder which is cheaper than buying through battle.net at this point.  

I'e mostly been following IGN, GameSpot, and GiantBomb for E3.

I dunno if there's really a clear winner for "Best of E3" this year for me - as there's so many follows-ups here (DLC's, expansions, stand-alone expansions, and true-blue sequels) here; stuff returning from last year; and there doesn't feel like there's a lot of NEW IP's around here.

well the only new stuff that got added to my list of things to watch because of E3 was skull & bones, everything else was either already announced or done outside of E3, cod ww2, shadow of war, tropico 6 (giggity archipelagos and bridges), farcry 5, and surviving mars

Sure the new wolfenstein and some of the other big names look interesting, but just like prey Im in no hurry to buy a single player game, I can wait till it drops like a rock like the rest of them

Battlefront 2, still holding out hope for a star wars battlefield but this still aint it. Give me squads to at least remove some of the dumb run n gun casual play and Ill think about it but its basically battlefront 1.2 2017 edition. I mean they even added classes, that exist to back up squads in large firefights, without squads to put them together

Yeah, Skulls And Bones probably is the most "New" thing at E3 for me. Looks really good.

But, dammit - it seems like it's always online.

Absolver + Vampyr - i.e. my 2 fav's from last year - returned this year. Sure, they look really good and all, but they were here last year! 

New Dishonored stand-alone looks good - but seems like it's more Dishonored 2. Not a bad thing, by any means - but still, another sequel/DLC/expansion.

Wolf: TNC + Far Cry 5 all looks pretty good - but again, another sequel.

Project Cars 2, NFS: Payback + Crew 2 - again, more sequels. All look fine, mind you - but, nothing stand-out or stellar here.

Bloodstained looked cool. 

I dunno - but nothing here really looks mind-blowing here, for some reason.

Crap, my Steam Client on my old phone is refusing to load the trade confirmation screen. What would happen if I installed it on my somewhat newer phone, would it actually let me do this, but still lock me out of the market for a week?

Quick note for those interested in Destiny 2. Humble monthly subscribers can get 10% off Destiny 2 preorder which is cheaper than buying through battle.net at this point.
Not true. You can get it "free" with the purchase of GeForce 1080 or better.

As for VR till they solve the disconnect between what your body isn't doing ans what your mind is doing I think it's always going to be a novel tech that comes around every few decades... Maybe more often since tech is advancing so quickly but still just a novelty item.

Crap, my Steam Client on my old phone is refusing to load the trade confirmation screen. What would happen if I installed it on my somewhat newer phone, would it actually let me do this, but still lock me out of the market for a week?
actually its 2 weeks. shoulda done it earlier. i switched phones a few days ago, and i have to wait like a day into summer sale

Did you disable mobile auth first or move it over to a new device? When you disable it, it takes two weeks.. but if you move it over to a new device it should take around 3 days.
i had to disable it first on my old device. when i tried to enable it on my new phone the option wasn't available until i disabled on my old tablet.

Is cheating running rampant on GTAO + causing issues w/ other players to not play online?
Cheating has been rampant on GTAO since the beginning. Running around the city you'll be hard pressed to not run into a few cheaters (usually invincibility, infinite ammo, etc). Not that it matters much considering it's just pointless carnage, but considering I'm sure they're using the same cheats on heists and whatnot, it's always been a problem.

I seriously doubt shutting down whatever that mod thing is will deter cheating, though.

Bloodstained looked cool.
Nothing really new from last year, but I have faith in it. I'm a huge Castlevania fan, so that's probably the game I'm most hyped for in the next couple years (I think the release date is still 2018). Castlevania has been garbage for awhile, and it's no surprise considering Iga is off on his own now. I believe the artist and composer from past Castlevania games are working on Bloodstained as well, so it's basically the Castlevania game everyone has wanted for a long time with a different name and universe.

Has anybody played Redout yet?  I'm still waiting for the price to drop but it looks really fun.  I just have the feeling it's going to be a Monthly title soon so I'm trying to hold off.

I enjoy it, especially in vr, hard to pass on wipeout in vr basically. Just no weapons but it has a great sense of speed, maps are pretty diverse

BTW the new expansions (including one that was just released and still has an intro discount) are 60% off on bundlestars right now

Attention Chrono.gg Coin Hoarders:

Two new 'Coming soon' placeholders have appeared in the store at 5,750 and 5,000 coins each. They haven't had a 5,000 coin game since Brigador, so there's a chance they might be decent, maybe. Either way expect those new games to be revealed sometime this afternoon.

Two new 'Coming soon' placeholders have appeared in the store at 5,750 and 5,000 coins each. They haven't had a 5,000 coin game since Brigador, so there's a chance they might be decent, maybe. Either way expect those new games to be revealed sometime this afternoon.
I doubt its anything good. They've been raising prices for a while, likely because of all of us coin hoarders.

Found some new devilry or not noticed devilry before. Was doing card dumps onto the market and noticed this for a game's cards:

"This item can no longer be bought or sold on the Community Market because Valve no longer has a business relationship with the developer."

Has anybody played Redout yet? I'm still waiting for the price to drop but it looks really fun. I just have the feeling it's going to be a Monthly title soon so I'm trying to hold off.
Yeah I posted about it a while ago, it's a great game. There was an ebay seller that had it for $6ish 1-2 months ago, I grabbed it back then. Got the DLCs today since they're 60% on BS. Total cost for the game + DLC for me was $12

Two new 'Coming soon' placeholders have appeared in the store at 5,750 and 5,000 coins each. They haven't had a 5,000 coin game since Brigador, so there's a chance they might be decent, maybe. Either way expect those new games to be revealed sometime this afternoon.
might be humbled, more like.

I enjoy it, especially in vr, hard to pass on wipeout in vr basically. Just no weapons but it has a great sense of speed, maps are pretty diverse

BTW the new expansions (including one that was just released and still has an intro discount) are 60% off on bundlestars right now
Wow...playing it in VR has to be good based on the gameplay I've seen so far.

Yeah I posted about it a while ago, it's a great game. There was an ebay seller that had it for $6ish 1-2 months ago, I grabbed it back then. Got the DLCs today since they're 60% on BS. Total cost for the game + DLC for me was $12
I had no idea there was DLC for it. I figured the "Enhanced Edition" part of the title meant it was like a complete version...silly me.

Wow...playing it in VR has to be good based on the gameplay I've seen so far.

I had no idea there was DLC for it. I figured the "Enhanced Edition" part of the title meant it was like a complete version...silly me.
They added new content in the free enhanced edition patch (Europa levels and maybe some other stuff I've forgotten). The new paid DLC came out very recently, so it's an easy thing to miss.

New BS bundle - and it sucks so I won't bother posting it. 

Whole bunch of granny games.  Called the Coffee Break Bundle, but we all know grannies don't work so they don't take coffee breaks.  

New IG bundle that looks kind of sucky too.  

That Two Worlds thread with the dev is amusing:

Having cheats and console commands in a game is not a game feature. It is usually for developers and unlocked. The current GOG version has also no console commands. I mean the version we are just uploading. So better not buy it again. Only chance to get the console back is to convince us to put it back.
"The GOG version doesn't have console commands because they're not a feature! I mean, the GOG version we're uploading right now. The old one had console commands. But they weren't a feature. Also, it's your fault for not convincing us if we don't put them back."

Weiler msged to say he's missing BFR1DAY cause he's going to China for the weekend. I hope he doesn't develop a taste for toad, because you can't get toad in the States prepared like in China and then he'd be screwed and wouldn't be able to enjoy toad.

bread's done
Back