Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So... the artist is suing because FO4 has:

""...repugnant and morally indefensible images designed to appeal to young consumers"

and the song is about....

"1961 hit single "The Wanderer" about a hep-cat seemingly on a mission to find, fuck and forget as many women as possible"

Makes total sense.........

Well, that article leaves out that what Dion actually found objectionable was the murder and dismembering and stuff. So unless you're one of those people who equate casual sex to murder, there's not really an equivalence argument to be made. Also breach of contract where he was supposed to be afforded the chance to review any ads featuring his music before they went out.
I'll also point out that the guy suing is not the writer or composer, but the performer, so while he can get his version of the song pulled from the game, barring any objection from the write/composer or label, they could just stick another version on there by a different singer or hire someone to cover it.

I'll also point out that the guy suing is not the writer or composer, but the performer, so while he can get his version of the song pulled from the game, barring any objection from the write/composer or label, they could just stick another version on there by a different singer or hire someone to cover it.
They should totally use the Alvin and the Chipmunks version.

This is guy is probably full of shit. He probably brushed it off when he had a chance to review it and now wants a piece of the pie. Anyway, I don't recall that song in the game. Maybe it was just the trailer.

welp. got 2 copies of castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, @ $1.99 per.  At $3.98 total, that's still a nice low.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought some retail boxes from my local GameStop.

Song of the Deep Retail Box (Standard Edition) [key activates on Steam] - 97 cents.

Civ: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide [expansion] [Steam key] - $2.99

Now I need a cheap Civ: BE base-game.

Interesting enough, Song was listed as an "activation key", not Steam key and did not mention Steam in-the-box/on the pamphlet - yet was in the usual Steam 3x5 format + activated up fine on Steam.

Why can't Steam have these kinds of deals/clearances? ;)

The Wanderer, as performed by Tebow and his mom, sung in the style of Dion.

Woo!  Finished Top 10!  #6 out of 98 on PUBG.  Again, I died as I finally tried to do something other than creep around and hide, but you have to love a game that rewards that strategy.  If I ever learn to shoot a gun - watch out!

According to articles, it was used in the advertising.
It's on Diamond City Radio in game.

Anyway the file to backup in case the music does get pulled is Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2 in the Data folder.

You could also say fuck it and just wait until it gets modded back in via radio mod.

Last edited:
Woo! Finished Top 10! #6 out of 98 on PUBG. Again, I died as I finally tried to do something other than creep around and hide, but you have to love a game that rewards that strategy. If I ever learn to shoot a gun - watch out!
yup do love that. Played a round last night with a squad where the whole first half was spent with us prone in a wheat field watching 4 other teams enter/exit all the buildings around us and kill each other. Finally it was safe, we left, stole one of their cars, ended up making it to be the #2 team in that one

Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 were added to the Origin Access Vault.

$30 a year is a solid deal.

edit: were = are soon to be sometime in the near or distant future

yup do love that. Played a round last night with a squad where the whole first half was spent with us prone in a wheat field watching 4 other teams enter/exit all the buildings around us and kill each other. Finally it was safe, we left, stole one of their cars, ended up making it to be the #2 team in that one
Yep. And to answer your prior comment, I don't know if we came across you guys last night. I don't recall paying attention to who we were killing.

I'm thinking of spending a few rounds actively engaging people when I can. I know I'm going to die, but it's the only way I'll get better at actually being able to kill people once I get to the end.

Well now I feel like a sucker for paying for it. But serious question, how does that work for premium? Can you buy premium to play with your Access vanilla or do you have to buy vanilla to play any premium?

Woo! Finished Top 10! #6 out of 98 on PUBG. Again, I died as I finally tried to do something other than creep around and hide, but you have to love a game that rewards that strategy. If I ever learn to shoot a gun - watch out!
Never underestimate the power of bush strats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7kCruzuIMI

I don't think there's an exact date yet, is there? Either way, I'll pay for a month to give the Titanfall 2 SP a try.

And if you're looking for a different way to kill a bunch of people in a sandbox environment, The Sims 4 will also be heading to Origin Access.

I don't think there's an exact date yet, is there? Either way, I'll pay for a month to give the Titanfall 2 SP a try.

And if you're looking for a different way to kill a bunch of people in a sandbox environment, The Sims 4 will also be heading to Origin Access.
Ah, you're right. I didn't read the fine print in the email.

Well now I feel like a sucker for paying for it. But serious question, how does that work for premium? Can you buy premium to play with your Access vanilla or do you have to buy vanilla to play any premium?
That's a good question without an easy answer, considering the vast majority of the titles included in the Access Vault are GOTY/Ultimate editions. Looks like I can buy the unlocks for Battlefront, and I only own that through Access. Also, i'm pretty sure when EA was giving away free DLCs for one of the other Battlefield games or SimCity that anybody could add it to their library without owning the base game. Would imagine BF1 Premium is the same.

Nuuvem's winter sale has started, and its actually not bad. Alot of their prices match the steam sale, but they have an extra 20% off coupon that stacks on alot of things (SORRYGABE)

i.e. shadow of mordor goty for 3.20, poe expansion pass for 12, civ BE for 10 (since I guess some people need it for their dlc)

Nuuvem's winter sale has started, and its actually not bad. Alot of their prices match the steam sale, but they have an extra 20% off coupon that stacks on alot of things (SORRYGABE)

i.e. shadow of mordor goty for 3.20, poe expansion pass for 12, civ BE for 10 (since I guess some people need it for their dlc)
Nice. They have the Layers of Fear DLC for $1.70 and the coupon is valid on it.

Question for anyone:

Which is the best Worms game or the one you would recommend for MP?

I think we played one I liked, but I forget which one. It was full 3D. Might have been Ultimate Mayhem.

I'm going to assume georgebot84 mistook this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-2-Revelations-PC-Digital-Download/55689590#about-item for the full game. It's just DLC for the game and was posted on the front page of CAG without any hint it wasn't the full game.
I think you mean catsxcradle mistook the DLC for the full game. Would suck if true. I've never needed to check the front page for deals, and I've been here since 2005.. better off checking the main forum or following threads.

Question for anyone:

I think we played one I liked, but I forget which one. It was full 3D. Might have been Ultimate Mayhem.
if it was 3d then it was ultimate mayhem, thats the only 3d one i think

I think you mean catsxcradle mistook the DLC for the full game. Would suck if true. I've never needed to check the front page for deals, and I've been here since 2005.. better off checking the main forum or following threads.
Sorry I'm tired. I mixed things up a little while typing things out. Fixed.

Defense Grid 2 is $2.40 after applying the coupon.

IsThereAnyDeal is down right now, so I can't check there, but I'm pretty sure this is an all time low for DG2.

That's a good question without an easy answer, considering the vast majority of the titles included in the Access Vault are GOTY/Ultimate editions. Looks like I can buy the unlocks for Battlefront, and I only own that through Access. Also, i'm pretty sure when EA was giving away free DLCs for one of the other Battlefield games or SimCity that anybody could add it to their library without owning the base game. Would imagine BF1 Premium is the same.
I can confirm that Origin allows this, because I activated my Gamersgate copy of Dragon Age: Awakening before I activated Dragon Age and it showed up in my account.

I snagged a copy of BE on Amazon for that price (it was the last one at the time, but now it's actually $.80 cheaper).

Question for anyone:

Worms Clan Wars looks cool and it was in a humble bundle a few weeks ago. We played Ultimate Mayhem for bronight - the 3d worms.

Okay, PS Now has added some PS4 titles.  If I understand correctly, you stream the game vs downloading.  EA has a subscription "rental" fee that with the addition of TitanFall 2 and BattleField 1to Origin Access.  Are we starting to see basically the netflix versions of gaming now?  If Sony really wants people like me to play PS4 games on PC, then place more recent and better games on PS Now.  Also, since amazon and netflix have allowed downloading movies/shows with locking the data down , why can't Sony figure out a way to enable download.  Streaming the game will require a solid internet connection.  Currently the God of War PS4 (GoW 3 remastered) and the Killzone game are the only ones that I would not mind trying out on PC.   If they included The Last of US, the newest Uncharted, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption (for Myster D) etc... I think it would be a viable service.  Thoughts?

Well, you can add Ark to the list also if you want. :)

I've been a bit busy the last few days so I didn't look to see how many games I was missing or make a haul list. I might do a haul list but likely won't... I probably spent about a 100-125 bucks like I do most steam sales. I just wish it went farther than it does anymore. (Without doing math I spent more than I normally do.)

Anyhow, I have 1602 games according to my steam itself while my profile says I have 1584. So 18 games? Sounds about right. I've never been one to chase +1 via really poor games.

Hmmm. Lots of game patches this morning guess I'll make a list.

Humble
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Bundle - I suspect this will be pulled at some point. Activision isn't know for paying for IPs that aren't selling.
Mr President - 4 cents for silly physics? Since I've never seen an in game rag doll that I didn't laugh at this is right up my ally.

WinGameStore
Dead Cell - Steal of the sale.

Steam
Unreal Deal Pack
Ska Studios: The Skallection
Bloodgate
Heretic + Hexen Collection
PopCap Power Pack
Talisman: The Horus Heresy + Season Pass
DLC Assetto Corsa - Dream Pack 2 & 3
DLC TC's Division - Last 2 cosmetic packs
DLC Pinball FX2 - Aliens, Balls of Glory, South Park
Urban Trials Freestyle
DLC Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - All DLC
The Crew: Ultimate Edition
WWE 2K17 Digital Deluxe
Thank you for ark

And also, forgot I bought unreal bundle on gamersgate.
Damn, shitty steam sale, and I still spent a hundred.
But holy shit planet coaster in 4k 70 inch is beautiful. Threw up a couple times.
Happy scud day everyone.

Armageddon is hands down the best Worms game ever, sadly they lost the spirit of the games after that, I think that the worse one is Worms Forts: Under Siege, that building aspect made the game kinda boring.

On my 5th game.  Hide and creep works.  I give lessons.

OsOsujI.jpg

After that I joined Shirinpitt and his bros to get some experience in playing PUBG hands on.  Learned some stuff.  Still can't shoot worth shit, but it was fun.  

On my 5th game. Hide and creep works. I give lessons.

After that I joined Shirinpitt and his bros to get some experience in playing PUBG hands on. Learned some stuff. Still can't shoot worth shit, but it was fun.
If you won you must be able to shoot straight enough... Unless the other guy somehow manged to commit suicide.

You know, I am so over all the shenanigans that get pulled with videogame music. Either the contracts these publishers are signing with musicians are all crap, or they are just too cheap to renew them. Regardless, I feel like once I have purchased a game and the rights to its associated music, no one should be able to touch my fucking game.

To date, no movie studio has come to my house to take music out of my movie DVDs. Get with it, videogame guys, and stay the hell away from my game library music people! :speaktothehand:
I think both the music industry + game industry need to get w/ the program, since games digitally can be sold as long as a service is still open.

I agree w/ you - they both need to come up w/ deals that are, more or less, forever. Might change the cost of music licenses + cost more initially per song or per catalogue for this kind of deal though.

In the old days - when games were sold on discs at retail in boxes, after a while there weren't any copies to be found, games weren't repackaged ridiculous number of years later + games weren't getting patches for a few years....so these games had licenses for a few years on music (i.e. I think many were in the 5-10 years ballpark). It's all they needed b/c most games didn't actually go into re-print.

They both need to come up w/ better deals that make sense this era b/c games can be sold as long as a service is open digitally. It gets tiresome to see games have to patch-out licensed music (i.e. GTA games issue where they patched-out music); have to re-new a license for a song/catalogue so it stays available for purchase (Hitman: Contracts); or a game gets pulled b/c music-license is up and they don't want to pay the renewal fee b/c their game isn't selling ridiculous amounts of copies at higher prices anymore on Steam or anywhere else digitally (i.e. Alan Wake + Mafia 1).

Okay, PS Now has added some PS4 titles. If I understand correctly, you stream the game vs downloading. EA has a subscription "rental" fee that with the addition of TitanFall 2 and BattleField 1to Origin Access. Are we starting to see basically the netflix versions of gaming now? If Sony really wants people like me to play PS4 games on PC, then place more recent and better games on PS Now. Also, since amazon and netflix have allowed downloading movies/shows with locking the data down , why can't Sony figure out a way to enable download. Streaming the game will require a solid internet connection. Currently the God of War PS4 (GoW 3 remastered) and the Killzone game are the only ones that I would not mind trying out on PC. If they included The Last of US, the newest Uncharted, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption (for Myster D) etc... I think it would be a viable service. Thoughts?
I'm surprised companies ain't tried the Netflix model for PC gaming sooner.

In my old console-gaming days, I was always renting games at my local movie-store/game-store, since NES games weren't really that cheap for quite some time.

I'd honestly rather be able to play my games (if they have a single player portion) offline at any time + store the files locally on my PC. While my connection is usually pretty damn good these days w/ Comcast (i.e. it very rarely goes out), I don't want to deal w/ any issues that can occur from streaming from their servers & that nonsense; I don't think the tech's really there yet for something like a full-blown OnLive idea.

Even if there was a gaming rental service where we paid a monthly or yearly fee, as long as the service knew we had an account w/ them, and I could download my game locally (even if say I had to phone-home to activate like every month once for it to check my monthly/yearly subscription) - yeah, something like this could be really interesting at the right price.

If we had access to complete editions, very recent titles - at the right price, this idea could be a winner.

I'm not really one these days to replay lots of games anymore, so...yeah, this could be a good idea.

Okay, PS Now has added some PS4 titles. If I understand correctly, you stream the game vs downloading. EA has a subscription "rental" fee that with the addition of TitanFall 2 and BattleField 1to Origin Access. Are we starting to see basically the netflix versions of gaming now? If Sony really wants people like me to play PS4 games on PC, then place more recent and better games on PS Now. Also, since amazon and netflix have allowed downloading movies/shows with locking the data down , why can't Sony figure out a way to enable download. Streaming the game will require a solid internet connection. Currently the God of War PS4 (GoW 3 remastered) and the Killzone game are the only ones that I would not mind trying out on PC. If they included The Last of US, the newest Uncharted, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption (for Myster D) etc... I think it would be a viable service. Thoughts?
Sony wants your money... but they don't want it to the point where you have no reason to buy a PS4.
That makes sense to me. I've been leaning toward buying an XBONE sometime between now and Christmas because of the Play Anywhere features, 360 backwards-compatibility and 4K Blu-ray; there may be the odd console-exclusive game I'd want to play on it, but those would probably be few and far between on that platform. I doubt there can be much debate that Sony has had a lock on desirable exclusives for several years now at least; as far as I can tell, the only prominent exclusives MS has are the Halo and Gears of War series. Unlike my 14-year-old nephew, I'm not all that excited about FPS games to begin with and especially not ones that are really intended to be played primarily as MMOFPS titles. Even if I were, there are plenty of non-exclusive games of that ilk such as the Battlefront and Battlefield series.

I'm not really all that interested in replacing my PS3 with a PS4, but there are a few things like the new Quantic Dream title and the latest Uncharted games that I'd like to play, so if Sony put those on PS Now, I'd consider getting a temporary sub.

My general impression of PS Now is that it's targeted at PS4 users who didn't own a PS3 or have no interest in maintaining a library of physical games and the odd PC user with plenty of disposable income and very fast internet service.

I agree that it should be technically possible to lock down games for downloading, I doubt any of those schemes are truly hacker-proof and that's why that sort of thing isn't more widely available. On Netflix it seems only a small percentage of the available content is actually downloadable.

I think both the music industry + game industry need to get w/ the program, since games digitally can be sold as long as a service is still open.

I agree w/ you - they both need to come up w/ deals that are, more or less, forever. Might change the cost of music licenses + cost more initially per song or per catalogue for this kind of deal though.
I was thinking about this the other day, probably because I've been playing so much Mafia III lately. I'm not sure that a perpetual license makes sense, but I think there are two other approaches that could be examined: a shorter-term license, something along the lines of 20-30 years, or the option to renew on an individual basis. I think a 20-30 year license would be good because how many people are really playing 20-30 year old games? The answer is not that many because the hardware has moved on and popular franchises have also moved on. Look, when Mafia VI comes out, how many people are going to be excited about playing Mafia II with its original music intact? Will that really matter to enough people to justify the expense of a perpetual license? I strongly suspect that a perpetual license for games that are loaded with a lot of licensed music tracks would cause a substantial increase in the price of those games. That leads me to my other thought, which is the possibility of individual users being able to re-up a license by paying a set fee that lasts for 5-10 years. This would undoubtedly be cheaper than going to a store like iTunes or Amazon and purchasing the tracks individually.

It doesn't get discussed much because this is a PC forum, after all, but games this sort of thing really hurt are rhythm games. The Beatles: Rock Band had all of its DLC, which included several entire albums, vanish from the store a few years ago when the Harmonix license expired, and this really hurts the long-term value of the game. As a sidebar, that game in particular pretty much made the expense of buying a PS3 worth it all on its own. The more mainstream Guitar/Band/whatever Hero and Rock Band titles are also subject to periodically shedding massive amounts of DLC content (Sony's Singstar series does this too, to the point that the online store and updates for it are virtually dead, but this game was apparently always more popular overseas anyway).

bingo, wasn't even aware LoS2 had dlc, thought it was just a long subtitle. fuck

Worth noting that the Fallout thing doesn't have anything to do with short term licenses but rather alleged misuse of the song and breach of contract regarding approval of the commercial. This isn't Mafia or GTA getting five year licenses for their music.

If you won you must be able to shoot straight enough... Unless the other guy somehow manged to commit suicide.
Well, if you look at the screenshot and see how I'm pointing my gun up, the other guy literally placed his head directly in my line of sight. It was an interesting round. I jumped into a solo game while Shirinpitt and his friend were finishing a round of Duo. I tried to engage people. Stole someone's car, tried to run over a few people, tried to shoot some people, all with no success. Finally, as the zone got smaller I lucked out and it focused around this big rock formation. I was the only one on the underside and I just sat there as this guy whittled the field down from 6 to 2. Then he tried to peek over the rock formation to try to grenade me out or shoot me and his head just popped out in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Dying light enhanced edition is $19 with sorry gabe looks like I am doing a refund from the steam summer sale. Saves me about $7, how long do refunds normally take? 

Dying light enhanced edition is $19 with sorry gabe looks like I am doing a refund from the steam summer sale. Saves me about $7, how long do refunds normally take?
They usually approve or deny within a day and say funds take up to 7 days to return to your payment source, but mine only took 2.

bread's done
Back