Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Seeing people buy that Hex game gives me an idea where I commit a nine-state killing spree and leave clues to solving it in my video game.  Clues are available as the ultra-rare premium drop in my game's loot crates, of course.

Wow...this Friday Wolfenstein 2, Mario Odyssey, and Assassin's Creed Origins (based off the gameplay changes I've seen, this is the first AC game that's piqued my interest in I don't know how long) all release on the same day. Been a crazy year for games.

Edit: And Bubsy is out next Tuesday! That's on Halloween, which is fitting as I'm sure it'll be an unintentionally terrifying game in its own way.
At least Mario Odyssey isn't on Steam and Switch emulation isn't there just yet. ACO looks nice but can probably wait for -75% -33%. W2 did super fakey tho :(

Dudes even I don't pay MSRP for Assassins Creed garbage and if you are somehow tempted by that shit... what else could they do to turn you off? Rewrite WW2 so all the jews are assassins?

Since someone brought up pixel graphics ruining shit recently.

This popped up in my discovery queue and I'm tired of seeing this style pixel graphics.  I feel like there have been at least a handful of games using the same style in the past year or two.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/716650/Yorkshire_Gubbins/

Same thing with the Realm of the Mad God tileset.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200210/Realm_of_the_Mad_God/

But I love stuff like

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367520/Hollow_Knight/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/115800/Owlboy/

But I like stuff like

http://store.steampowered.com/app/260790/1001_Spikes/

and the original La-Mulana graphics

EDIT:

I guess Hollow Knight is less pixel and more just sprite based.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dudes even I don't pay MSRP for Assassins Creed garbage and if you are somehow tempted by that shit... what else could they do to turn you off? Rewrite WW2 so all the jews are assassins?
51TAL%2Bn7AqL.jpg

Just finished Shadow of War. Not better than Shadow of Mordor but still fun. For me it was worth it at $33 or whatever gmg sold it for, but I think it's worth grabbing at $15 or less. Just a warning that last part is grindey as fuck ! If i wasn't using a trainer, I don't think i could have finished it.

10000000 - D2LJ3-VGLH5-V7VT3

2064: Read Only Memories - 68N7V-WQ7DJ-FAGZG

7 Grand Steps - 26JBL-DAM54-60C4N

7th Guest + 11th Hour Pack - IEXW4-ZQIG8-NX84C

A Story About My Uncle - ZVKM3-WFV0E-D24X7
Thanks for 7th Guest and 11th Hour. (It was still left after 6 hours!) 7th Guest brings me back to Jr. High. I at one time had a physical copy of 11th hour that I never finished. Now if only Shivers made it to Steam. That game was the bomb.

Gotta love the internet. A guy probably committed suicide and the comments are one person concerned about it, a few people wanting help to unlock the suicide note, and one guy criticizing the OP for apparently not committing suicide earlier. And then here I guess the concern is getting the game because it was delisted?
Yeah.

I hope the guy is alright. Unfortunately he isn't exactly getting an outpouring of support.

But thanks to a lifetime of internet BS having eroded my good nature, I have to wonder if it was a stunt to increase sales, in which case buying it would be rewarding his distasteful behavior.

Yeah.

I hope the guy is alright. Unfortunately he isn't exactly getting an outpouring of support.

But thanks to a lifetime of internet BS having eroded my good nature, I have to wonder if it was a stunt to increase sales, in which case buying it would be rewarding his distasteful behavior.
Honestly I didn't expect anyone to you know.. actually buy it, but I guess I should have since this is CAG where people buy anything for a +1 and it's only a dollar. I posted the steam store sub link to be informative, but I feel bad posting it now after seeing a bunch of people buying it pop up in my activity feed lol.

It's hard to say if he was actually serious or seeking attention, but in cases like this it's best not to assume. You have one shot at convincing someone to live, and chances are if the person is using suicide to seek attention they probably need help anyway. It's not something to be taken lightly in either case.

It's hard to say if he was actually serious or seeking attention, but in cases like this it's best not to assume. You have one shot at convincing someone to live, and chances are if the person is using suicide to seek attention they probably need help anyway. It's not something to be taken lightly in either case.
Yep, said it perfectly. I'm just a cynical bastard so it's hard for me to take these things at face value.

Honestly I didn't expect anyone to you know.. actually buy it, but I guess I should have since this is CAG where people buy anything for a +1 and it's only a dollar. I posted the steam store sub link to be informative, but I feel bad posting it now after seeing a bunch of people buying it pop up in my activity feed lol.

Hopefully my informative review of his game up-thread got him through his difficult time.

Mind if I ask where you bought the nvidia code? I have a 1080 and might go this route.. ebay listings look sketchy though
A guy from Steam Trades (Game Swap) Reddit. I have his Steam Account if you want it (ill message you; not sure if he has more)

THO it is a SEA/AU Code (btw) so certain measures have to be taken.

A guy from Steam Trades Reddit. I have his Steam Account if you want it (ill message you; not sure if he has more)

THO it is a SEA/AU Code (btw) so certain measures have to be taken.
sure, thanks. I usually only read r/dtg but i'll look around. If any cag has an extra one let me know

For those who pay attention and stuff to devs/pubs that are quick to discount their games... how often and sale worthy does KOEI TECMO GAMES go?
Rarely and even more rarely at a discount higher than 50%.

There are copies of One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 floating around for cheap because it was in a Humble Monthly but that game wasn't published by Koei Tecmo only developed by.

Last edited:
For those who pay attention and stuff to devs/pubs that are quick to discount their games... how often and sale worthy does KOEI TECMO GAMES go?
They will usually do the big seasonal sale events (winter, summer) plus one or two random sale times throughout the year. They have never been super generous with the discounts though. You're really lucky if you see something 50% off. A discount range of 25-33% is more likely.

If you're asking how long does it take for the base prices to get discounted, I hope you're patient.

6fRqmEm.png

Not a bad price.

Also, two freebies on GoG:  

Stronghold HD + A.D. 2044

DM5yBOEVQAAiY_x.jpg

i realize that this is my fault for not fully reading the listing, but  i just picked up Destiny 2 from BB and found out there was no disc included just the code. i mean, if you're just going to sell the code, can't you just email it to me? don't make me drive out all the way just to pick up a damn box. just email me the code. gimme the code JUST GIVE ME THE fuckING CODE!!!

i realize that this is my fault for not fully reading the listing, but i just picked up Destiny 2 from BB and found out there was no disc included just the code. i mean, if you're just going to sell the code, can't you just email it to me? don't make me drive out all the way just to pick up a damn box. just email me the code. gimme the code JUST GIVE ME THE fuckING CODE!!!
I so read that in a Nic Cage voice. It was awesome!

There's probably two listings, one for digital code and one for physical :p
For Windows, there is only 1 Destiny 2 listing and it said "Download Only No Disc Included" on the box picture.

I do think it's stupid to sell an empty box and totally not environmental friendly, a sealed paper envelop will do the same if something is needed for retail.

I do think it's stupid to sell an empty box and totally not environmental friendly, a sealed paper envelop will do the same if something is needed for retail.
They want it to look the same as all the other boxes so Grandma doesn't get confused when buying Christmas presents for little Stevie.

That's pretty much the entire rationale for clam shells containing an activation key. The only half-benefit to you and I is that clam shells take up physical space so eventually Best Buy or Walmart or Amazon puts them on clearance to get the boxes out of their store/warehouse.

I know we recently weeks ago spoke about headphones and stuff w/ how some older ones have W10 issues in general and/or RealTek issues on W10 w/ not working, so that you might need to configure your settings (pain in the neck, if you can get them going) or just plug them into a DAC (a cheap, but easy hardware solution).

Well, that Syba USB Audio DAC that I mentioned that I use to solve that issue is $6 on NewEgg in a Flash Sale:

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/12-186-035?utm_source=NFEmail102417&utm_medium=index&utm_campaign=SaleBanner_B3B_12-186-035&cm_mmc=EMC-NFEmail102417-_-SaleBanner_B3B_12-186-035-_-NA-_-12-186-035

Works great to get my old PX22 working great on W10 machines.

EDIT:

See Syntax's post below for more info, since NewEgg breaks links here.

I should also note that I also use the Syba USB DAC on my W10 Tablets, too; especially when not using higher-end headphones to it.

The Intel integrated sound-quality and sound-levels is much worse than the usual RealTek Audio that often comes w/ Windows desktops and laptops, IMHO.

Anyone played the Deus Ex: MD DLC? In your opinion, is the Season pass worth $7?
I sure have played the DLC's.

System Rift is good and basically more MD. Took me about 5 hours to get through.

A Criminal Past is great. Like The Outsider from Dishonored who can limit Superpower usage if you choose not to go along w/ his program, now in ACP DLC you can actually limit yourself to not use your suit's mods as Jensen. I would guess this could cause replayability, if you plan to do run-throughs of mods and no mods. If you take on your mods, though - there could be consequences for doing so; both in story and in gameplay stuff. ACP is basically more MD, but with a few cool new twists. Basically, this DLC is to MD what Missing Link was to HR, in terms of quality. I also loved the prison setting, as well - as it also gave me some Riddick: Butcher Bay vibes.

Only thing is this: the story arc from MD base-game doesn't get really finished-up in any of these DLC's. Each DLC gives you an "A-ha" moment as it does ties into it in a small way - but these stories are self-contained, for the most part.

Seeing how I don't even own the base game of Deus Ex MD, I don't have anything to add from personal experience for the Season Pass. But I just took a look at it on steam to check the reviews, and they're fucking brutal. A lot of the reviews seem to center around it not being worth the asking price given the amount of content included though. So perhaps it might be worth it at a discount.

I don't like the idea of it containing items that are consumable though. You use them once on a playthrough, then they're gone forever. fuck that.

bread's done
Back