Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I have purchased MUA1+2 on steam awhile ago and tried playing with some friends for some couch co-op. Controller support is completely broken which ruins this game. They were extremely lazy with this remaster. The problem with controller support is that player 1 controls player 2, 3 and 4 for some reason. If player 1 punches, player 2,3 and 4 punch. If player 1 walks forward, player 2,3 and 4 walk forward, etc. There are a million threads in the steam forums complaining about this and there isn't really any fix that I know of.

Hmmmm. Are there any mods or overhauls that can make MCU actually worthwhile?
I remember someone posting a patch to add some missing content on the steam forums, but thats it. I really wish someone would make a patch to fix all the problems :(

If you are going to play this for single-player, its probably worth $15. But in my experience from playing these games alot from back in the day (X-men legends 1+2 on PS2 and MUA 1 on 360) its not really fun playing alone. I would recommend getting it on consoles (PS4/XBOXONE) where couch coop works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried testing MUA2 with Carl (UK) and it desynced and disconnected a lot. Tried it again with Link (hes in the US) and no desync/disconnection issues. Both times it had some minor stuttering though, but it's still very playable.

Might disconnect frequently if you're playing crossregion

So, never played any of the MUA games. What exactly are they like?

Are they action games that you control one character directly? Would it be similar to say Prototype games, combat-wise?

Do they play like Freedom Force games where you queue up attacks in real-time (like a team-based / party-controlling real-time CRPG)?
It's been years for me, so some of my fuzzy recollections may be off-base, but you have a group of four characters on your team. You can pick from a huge roster of Marvel characters. Always thought a team of Hawkeye, Wolverine, She-Hulk, and Invisible Woman would be the "ultimate alliance"? You can make it happen. You only directly control one character at a time (AI handles the rest) but you can swap among them easily. Each character has a skill tree and they level up. It's an action-RPG with a story mode. I can't remember much about the first game's story but the second one was based on the Civil War arc.

What I'm amazed by is how much hate this deal drew on pretty much every other forum I saw it on. I mean, I get that the game wasn't what people wanted, but shouldn't expectations kind of be on a sliding scale when you're paying $10 for the game?
Yes, and no... It's almost a paid demo (extended as it maybe) at this point as it doesn't included the season pass and you'll see as number of pay walls now.

What I'm amazed by is how much hate this deal drew on pretty much every other forum I saw it on. I mean, I get that the game wasn't what people wanted, but shouldn't expectations kind of be on a sliding scale when you're paying $10 for the game?
It's just a trendy thing on r/dtg or wherever to hate on the game. It's definitely a more shallow experience than D1 so a lot of old players were disappointed. I'm one of these and am not currently playing it for this reason. However it's still a solid game. And you don't have to buy dlc to play through the full campaign, play most pvp, and even have full access to the main raid.

If you can pay $7/8/10 a copy it's still a great deal for the content you're getting standalone. No doubt we're seeing this price because they're trying to sell expansions.

So, never played any of the MUA games. What exactly are they like?

Are they action games that you control one character directly? Would it be similar to say Prototype games, combat-wise?

Do they play like Freedom Force games where you queue up attacks in real-time (like a team-based / party-controlling real-time CRPG)?
Since nobody really answered this, MUA is like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or Champions of Norrath, if you played those. Direct control, top-down action-rpgs. It was a spiritual sequel to the X-Men Legends games, which were very similar.

I was able to get the PC version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance with Xbox one controller (bluetooth) working by doing the following:

1. Download and install XInputPlus15
  2. Watch this youtube and make the mods mentioned in the video in XInput.
  3. Profit?

Seems like it's working as expected after that...if it's not working after that, blame Stormy Daniels.....

The game (at least the first one) is pretty meh....

Since nobody really answered this, MUA is like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or Champions of Norrath, if you played those. Direct control, top-down action-rpgs. It was a spiritual sequel to the X-Men Legends games, which were very similar.
I'd like to think so, considering Raven Software did both X-Men Legends games and the first Ultimate Alliance game.

...man, that's fucking depressing. Raven Software used to do amazing games like Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2, Jedi Outcast and Academy, Heretic and Hexen, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the aforementioned X-Men Legends games and first Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Since 2010, though, all of their games have been Call of Duty titles. :cry:

I'd like to think so, considering Raven Software did both X-Men Legends games and the first Ultimate Alliance game.

...man, that's fucking depressing. Raven Software used to do amazing games like Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2, Jedi Outcast and Academy, Heretic and Hexen, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the aforementioned X-Men Legends games and first Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Since 2010, though, all of their games have been Call of Duty titles. :cry:
I think they did those Star Trek Elite Force shooters too.

Yeah, I know. Singularity and that other Wolfenstein reboot were pretty alright too.

I was just mentioning X-Men Legends in case Toaster had played those. That genre was pretty popular in the PS2 era and then disappeared for whatever reason.

Raven Software made some great games. Heretic and Hexen were my jams back in the day. Jedi Outcast was fantastic. Their early game ShadowCaster is also pretty fun.

Singularity was good, solid, and also underrated.

EDIT:

Yeah, I know. Singularity and that other Wolfenstein reboot were pretty alright too.

I was just mentioning X-Men Legends in case Toaster had played those. That genre was pretty popular in the PS2 era and then disappeared for whatever reason.
Wolfenstein 2009 Reboot was also quite good.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition was also quite good.

Never played X-Men Legends BTW.

That X-Men game is in the very limited "movie tie-ins way better than the movie" group, alongside Riddick.
Scott Pilgrim vs The World comes close, but I think I enjoyed the movie a little more. Still an amazingly fun game though. I really wish it'd get re-released on PC at some point.

That X-Men game is in the very limited "movie tie-ins way better than the movie" group, alongside Riddick.
Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay is truly far, far better than it has any right to be. I remember marathoning the game back when it came out prior to going to see the second Riddick movie. Needless to say, the game provided a much better experience, and the movie was a let down in comparison. haha

Agreed.

Both Wolverine Uncaged and Riddick: Butcher Bay were awesome.

EDIT:

Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay is truly far, far better than it has any right to be. I remember marathoning the game back when it came out prior to going to see the second Riddick movie. Needless to say, the game provided a much better experience, and the movie was a let down in comparison. haha
I still haven't got to the stand-alone expansion Dark Athena content.

How did Dark Athena content compare to the original Butcher Bay stuff?

Agreed.

Both Wolverine Uncaged and Riddick: Butcher Bay were awesome.

EDIT:

Shamefully, I haven't played it yet either. I do have it on 360, but I want to play it on Steam. I skipped it on sale for $5 over and over again in years past, and now it's not even available on Steam anymore. I know that Gamestop sells a digital PC copy, but the reviews are completely mixed on whether those keys still work or not, so I'm at a bit of a loss over how to even get the damn thing at this point.

Wolverine Uncaged - you mean X-Men Origins Wolverine? If so, that is actually a great title, and again blows its movie counter part away. It's funny when that happens. It somehow manages to be simultaneously sad and impressive. Haha

Wolverine Uncaged - you mean X-Men Origins Wolverine? If so, that is actually a great title, and again blows its movie counter part away. It's funny when that happens. It somehow manages to be simultaneously sad and impressive. Haha
Yup, that's the game.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine on the PC was released as X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition.

Free Games:

Draw Rider 2 - 5A8EJ-ZF0NK-D452C
Cowboy Revenge - 5EA52-IFZQL-F3MW4
Lemuria: Lost in Space - 5965D-2MAX4-JFYM6
Chaos Town - 58L6W-G785J-8TA4E
Deponia - 8BP2Y-7JWRX-LHQNM
1954 Alcatraz - 883R2-48ZQH-T925J
The Whispered World Special Edition - 8909F-C0YWN-9TMXY
History2048 - 3D puzzle number game - 6BVWJ-VPIEF-GX5EX
The Challenge - 699BD-DDKGC-YC6M4
Hot Plates - 6CQ5Q-F5CIP-HV62Y

:wave:

Shamefully, I haven't played it yet either. I do have it on 360, but I want to play it on Steam. I skipped it on sale for $5 over and over again in years past, and now it's not even available on Steam anymore. I know that Gamestop sells a digital PC copy, but the reviews are completely mixed on whether those keys still work or not, so I'm at a bit of a loss over how to even get the damn thing at this point.
I actually have Riddick: Butcher Bay PC version (original) from retail (on like 5 CD's).

Also have Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Edition from retail (on DVD, which isn't tied to any service) and on GOG (b/c it's DRM-FREE on GOG; the Tages DRM's a pain in the neck to deal with from the retail version b/c it doesn't always hit the servers to activate; and I don't think they ever removed the Tages activation DRM in Steam version either).

But, yeah - if you have Butcher Bay somewhere, you should check it out. It's awesome.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World comes close, but I think I enjoyed the movie a little more. Still an amazingly fun game though. I really wish it'd get re-released on PC at some point.
I felt like it was a wholly mediocre game elevated by Paul Robertson's sprite work. Much like Mercenary Kings!

I also liked the movie, which was surprising because I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATED the comics, but I had faith that Edgar Wright could turn them into something enjoyable. And that turned out to be the case!

Same. The movie bored the hell out of me.

I remember it being pretty good. Not as good as the base game, it had less of the kinda RPG-like elements and it was more linear I think, but still enjoyable. Hell, I just miss Starbreeze in general. Syndicate got shit on a lot for some reason, I guess because it was a shooter, but who cares, cause it was a GREAT shooter.

The spirit of Starbreeze (and some key members) lives on in Machine Games, at least. But shit, man, I still really want a Darkness 3.

I actually have Riddick: Butcher Bay PC version (original) from retail (on like 5 CD's).

Also have Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Edition from retail (on DVD, which isn't tied to any service) and on GOG (b/c it's DRM-FREE on GOG; the Tages DRM's a pain in the neck to deal with from the retail version b/c it doesn't always hit the servers to activate; and I don't think they ever removed the Tages activation DRM in Steam version either).

But, yeah - if you have Butcher Bay somewhere, you should check it out. It's awesome.
I don't believe any of it. Selfies with the retail boxes or it didn't happen.

I don't believe any of it. Selfies with the retail boxes or it didn't happen.
I know exactly where these are.

Remember, you did ask for this...

31713394_10155521853746586_6562834878692327424_o.jpg

Yup, that's the game.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine on the PC was released as X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition.
I must be the only one, but as much as I liked the Wolverine game, I sucked at it. I only got as far as that level where you're escaping from some lab and you have to make it across a room while your tissue is eaten away and I could never get far enough without being reduced to a skeleton.

I keep meaning to post that MysterD-style selfie I took with my Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone hard-copy UK-import expansion. Oh well, maybe someday.

You're not the only one.

https://twitter.com/radiomaru/status/763496255024574464

I think this makes it clear that Brian Lee O'Malley is not keeping this out of print. This is all on Ubisoft... and whoever owns the movie rights. Universal?

I must be the only one, but as much as I liked the Wolverine game, I sucked at it. I only got as far as that level where you're escaping from some lab and you have to make it across a room while your tissue is eaten away and I could never get far enough without being reduced to a skeleton.

I keep meaning to post that MysterD-style selfie I took with my Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone hard-copy UK-import expansion. Oh well, maybe someday.
It did get really frustrating in parts, especially with some the robotic enemies later on where you couldn't just freely slice n dice. I understand that for a game you're supposed to have the difficulty ramp up, but cmon, the whole fun in that game was just effortlessly and brutally murdering everyone in your path.

Dark Athena would've been more successful if it wasn't for the shitty AI. Nothing more frustrating than sneaking up on an enemy from behind and having it dodge like it knew you were there, and all the other enemies run at you even if they can't see you. Great combat mechanics, story, and voice acting, but Butcher Bay was still better.

I liked Scott Pilgrim in 2010, but I think that ship has sailed. There are lots of retro beat-em-ups and chiptunes out now, and it was released about 8 years ago without any follow-up material to keep it in public eye. I doubt it'd rake in enough in 2018 for the companies involved to want to port/re-release it. Still remember seeing that movie with my Asian gf and telling her how awesome I thought it was, which turned into a huge fight about how I'd cheat on her with this white chick I worked with.

In other news, I still don't understand why they made Spider-Man 2 for PC so awful back in the day instead of porting the console version.

There were actually two version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

One was a toned down version with less violence and vulgarity (and apparently slightly different combat) that was released for PS2 and Wii. The other was the Uncaged Edition (which is essentially the uncut version), which was released on PS3, 360 and PC.

You're not the only one.

https://twitter.com/radiomaru/status/763496255024574464

I think this makes it clear that Brian Lee O'Malley is not keeping this out of print. This is all on Ubisoft... and whoever owns the movie rights. Universal?
Yeah I never believed he was the reason it was never re-released. I always knew it was licensing and probably an issue with whatever movie studio made the film.

I'm still holding out hope for a Steam port, but I know realistically it has a slim chance of happening.

That soundtrack was pretty pretty good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7u4IQSjl88
I actually have that soundtrack on CD. It got a very limited promotional release on CD-R (the score to the film too - it's different from the soundtrack), and a friend bought the limited edition vinyl release.

I liked Scott Pilgrim in 2010, but I think that ship has sailed. There are lots of retro beat-em-ups and chiptunes out now, and it was released about 8 years ago without any follow-up material to keep it in public eye. I doubt it'd rake in enough in 2018 for the companies involved to want to port/re-release it. Still remember seeing that movie with my Asian gf and telling her how awesome I thought it was, which turned into a huge fight about how I'd cheat on her with this white chick I worked with.

In other news, I still don't understand why they made Spider-Man 2 for PC so awful back in the day instead of porting the console version.
I've been struggling to refrain from comment, but I started watching that Scott Pilgrim movie several years ago, and I thought it was dumb and goofy. I didn't understand at the time, and probably still don't, why anyone thought that this movie was somehow representative of gamers and gamer culture. It could simply be that I'm old or not obsessed with anime (my only real interest in this lies with the films of Miyazaki--I can't for the life of me figure out what people see in all that weird crap they show on Adult Swim), or possibly that I think Michael Cera is a cut-rate Jesse Eisenberg who is a cut-rate Michael Rosenbaum, but I just can't relate to all of the excitement over this film. And the video game was not a genre that holds much interest for me either. And I don't like chiptune music, which doesn't actually seem like real music to me, just the sort of thing that kids would bang out on their Casio keyboards back in the '80s.

Get off my lawn, you miscreants.

I don't understand why it's hard to make a good PC Spider-man game in general. I think the last decent one I played was Web of Shadows. I did not enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man. I'm still waiting to play Shattered Dimensions but it hasn't been cheap enough at any point for me to pick it up. I'm assuming that the license-holders just don't give a crap about the PC market.

31713394_10155521853746586_6562834878692327424_o.jpg
You should smile in your pics!

I've been struggling to refrain from comment, but I started watching that Scott Pilgrim movie several years ago, and I thought it was dumb and goofy. I didn't understand at the time, and probably still don't, why anyone thought that this movie was somehow representative of gamers and gamer culture. It could simply be that I'm old or not obsessed with anime (my only real interest in this lies with the films of Miyazaki--I can't for the life of me figure out what people see in all that weird crap they show on Adult Swim), or possibly that I think Michael Cera is a cut-rate Jesse Eisenberg who is a cut-rate Michael Rosenbaum, but I just can't relate to all of the excitement over this film. And the video game was not a genre that holds much interest for me either. And I don't like chiptune music, which doesn't actually seem like real music to me, just the sort of thing that kids would bang out on their Casio keyboards back in the '80s.

Get off my lawn, you miscreants.

I don't understand why it's hard to make a good PC Spider-man game in general. I think the last decent one I played was Web of Shadows. I did not enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man. I'm still waiting to play Shattered Dimensions but it hasn't been cheap enough at any point for me to pick it up. I'm assuming that the license-holders just don't give a crap about the PC market.
I agree with this old man. I don't know what the big deal is about Scott Pilgrim the movie or the video game. I played a little of the game with Condor and it was just a run of the mill beat em up to me.

You should smile in your pics!

I agree with this old man. I don't know what the big deal is about Scott Pilgrim the movie or the video game. I played a little of the game with Condor and it was just a run of the mill beat em up to me.
A) That *is* a smile....

B) I *loved* Scott Pilgrim the Movie, really liked the books, and was pretty 'meh' about the game. I mean, it's just a brawler. I burned out on those games in the Double Dragon/Final Fight era. I guess they are kinda fun 'couch co-op', but since I dont really play games like that it doesnt really work for me.

As for the movie in particular, I thought that it was fun, well-paced and didnt take things seriously. It almost played out as a musical as much as a straight movie. Yeah, the premise is ridiculous (and the original ending better), but again, it's not going for "Citezen Kane"; it intends to be goofy.

bread's done
Back