Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Well, well, looks like all you burger snobs with your Freddy's were wrong!  

Seriously though, I expect some variance between franchises.  When I used to eat Church's spicy fried chicken there were only a few places that actually made it right.  Then they changed the recipe.  

I've had Steak and Shake once.  It was like midnight after a 6 hour drive and it was connected to a truck stop so it was weird to see a sit down place at a truck stop.  The food took forever.  I think I liked the shake more than the burger.  I've been meaning to go again because they send coupons but the ones around here have horrible yelp reviews.  People don't usually review bomb fast food places so it concerns me that so many people go out of their way to do it for them.

Hardee's has a little charbroiled slider.  It's $1 during happy hour.  It's basically like a tiny whopper in flavor with less veggies, but pretty good for what it is.  Better than Krystal's for the same price, though Krystal's has it's place.

If we're talking hot dogs, nothing can beat $1.50 polish at Costco.  NOTHING.  Though I will say James Coney Island in Houston and Sonic make decent dogs.  

Yesterday I was in the mood for tacos so I made my own like a man.  Kroger had some tenderloin on woohoo.  Yah for almost expired meat!  Today I'm trying my hand at home made garlic knots and also having some woohoo angus burgers.  But guess what?  I forgot to buy tomatoes and lettuce I'll probably throw some guac on them and call them california burgers.  

Kroger had some tenderloin on woohoo. Yah for almost expired meat!
I just grilled some this weekend. It's funny how happy I get to get a small pack of steaks for $4.50. I just hope you're not sniping them from n. houston area krogers because that would make us enemies.

On topic: Headed out to Jersey Mike's which has a B1G1 email out for this weekend - the only sammich place I'll go to these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should typically have everything that goes on a classic burger at home anyway, unless you're incredibly lazy/useless and all you do is eat out.
I don't use lettuce for anything else, I don't eat beef that often, or enough sliced cheese before it goes bad.

The onions and tomatoes, sure. Not that I actually like tomatoes in sandwiches. So yes, the onions would be stocked/used up.

I didn't grow up eating Western food.

I just grilled some this weekend. It's funny how happy I get to get a small pack of steaks for $4.50. I just hope you're not sniping them from n. houston area krogers because that would make us enemies.

On topic: Headed out to Jersey Mike's which has a B1G1 email out for this weekend - the only sammich place I'll go to these days.
You're safe. I live in Atlanta now. Plus when I was in Houston HEB was my go to place.

Also, yes, Jersey Mike's is the only sandwich place worth a damn.

Well, well, looks like all you burger snobs with your Freddy's were wrong!

Seriously though, I expect some variance between franchises. When I used to eat Church's spicy fried chicken there were only a few places that actually made it right. Then they changed the recipe.

I've had Steak and Shake once. It was like midnight after a 6 hour drive and it was connected to a truck stop so it was weird to see a sit down place at a truck stop. The food took forever. I think I liked the shake more than the burger. I've been meaning to go again because they send coupons but the ones around here have horrible yelp reviews. People don't usually review bomb fast food places so it concerns me that so many people go out of their way to do it for them.

Hardee's has a little charbroiled slider. It's $1 during happy hour. It's basically like a tiny whopper in flavor with less veggies, but pretty good for what it is. Better than Krystal's for the same price, though Krystal's has it's place.

If we're talking hot dogs, nothing can beat $1.50 polish at Costco. NOTHING. Though I will say James Coney Island in Houston and Sonic make decent dogs.

Yesterday I was in the mood for tacos so I made my own like a man. Kroger had some tenderloin on woohoo. Yah for almost expired meat! Today I'm trying my hand at home made garlic knots and also having some woohoo angus burgers. But guess what? I forgot to buy tomatoes and lettuce I'll probably throw some guac on them and call them california burgers.
Any Coney Island not in Michigan is usually just not to par.
Basically, if your restaurant doesn't have Avgolemono on the menu, you're more of a fluffed up hot-dog stand.

They give you like 3 jalapenos if you ask for them regular. What, are you going for half a cut of one just to pretend you have taste? Half your burger is fucking sauce.
I always got 4 when I asked for reg Jalapenos. Light I get 2 and 2's more than enough for me.

It is absolutely a saucy mess, but I get mine with no bun in the little container thing, so I dip my fries in Mayo/Ketchup/Mustard mix.

You're safe. I live in Atlanta now. Plus when I was in Houston HEB was my go to place.

Also, yes, Jersey Mike's is the only sandwich place worth a damn.
My wife, the foodie of the house, was all excited when Jersey Mikes opened in our area a couple years ago. She tried it and was utterly disappointed. Said she'd rather go back to Quizno's or even Jimmy Johns.

https://www.chrono.gg/

They doing the "insert key, get key back" thing again.

EDIT:

Or... give a real key and get a fake/used key that someone else gave
tenor.gif

https://www.chrono.gg/

They doing the "insert key, get key back" thing again.

EDIT:

Or... give a real key and get a fake/used key that someone else gave
You can just type out a random key and get a key. I got Paradox Soul. I fed it a used key. I am evil.

My wife, the foodie of the house, was all excited when Jersey Mikes opened in our area a couple years ago. She tried it and was utterly disappointed. Said she'd rather go back to Quizno's or even Jimmy Johns.
Quizno's sucks. Did she just get the sandwich without dressing it up? I find Jersey Mike's base sandwiches not great until I dress it up how I like. But maybe she just got a bad one. I don't think I've eaten Jimmy John's ever, but Quizno's has been disappointing every time.

You can just type out a random key and get a key. I got Paradox Soul. I fed it a used key. I am evil.

Quizno's sucks. Did she just get the sandwich without dressing it up? I find Jersey Mike's base sandwiches not great until I dress it up how I like. But maybe she just got a bad one. I don't think I've eaten Jimmy John's ever, but Quizno's has been disappointing every time.
There was a Quizno's near where I used to live that was decent a long time ago. Then it started sucking after about a year.

Don't start. Tis the path to damnation. If any of you happen to pass through Denver, there's a little hole in the wall place called Tommy's. It's easily the best sandwich I haven't made myself. They have a basic menu and are always covered over. The loaded Italian with extra mayo is/was my go to.

Those are called "vegetables". They come from plants.
I'll accept that premise when you can explain to me what a "sport" pepper is.

Until then, sir, I say "good day" to you!

We never actually got around to trying it; one of those just opened up around here less than a year ago. I actually liked Quizno's, but all of ours closed a few years ago. Jimmy John's places started sprouting like those things SE was talking about--weeds, I think they're called--not that long ago. A friend of mine loves their sandwiches, but they seem a bit overpriced for what you get to me.

Seriously, does anybody remember when this site used to be about gaming? I guess it's going to be like this until the end of the month now.

I've been really disappointed with the games that have released in the second half of the year outside of RDR2 (which i'm now finished with). I'm only regularly playing Rocksmith and kinda sorta playing WoW but i'm only doing Legion content as I basically hate BFA.

Seriously, does anybody remember when this site used to be about gaming? I guess it's going to be like this until the end of the month now.

Yes, but it's been a bummer of a year. Most of the best Black Friday sales were of last years' games, the humble bundles have been laughable, the Steam sales continue to disappoint, and so many of the "big" releases this year have been some combination of awful, forgettable, broken or Red Dead Redemption 2.

I am glad some people pointed out during Black Friday/Cyber Monday that many of the other various sites had better prices- I only spent a little over $20 on the Steam Sale and that's only because I got tired of waiting for Slay the Spire to drop any lower... same with Sonic Mania+DLC. But even between Steam sale, bundles other site and then buying console games, my purchases were still way, way down from years previous.

As is, I've really only been playing Slay the Spire and Let's Go Pikachu.
I'll end up getting Smash Bros on Friday, but even that could hold off if not for having some Best Buy credit laying around.

I'll accept that premise when you can explain to me what a "sport" pepper is.

Until then, sir, I say "good day" to you!

We never actually got around to trying it; one of those just opened up around here less than a year ago. I actually liked Quizno's, but all of ours closed a few years ago. Jimmy John's places started sprouting like those things SE was talking about--weeds, I think they're called--not that long ago. A friend of mine loves their sandwiches, but they seem a bit overpriced for what you get to me.

Sport peppers are just a type of chili pepper. I've grown the things before. Usually sold pickled and while still green but yeah, nothing particularly weird about them.

Also outside of one or two threads, this site is still almost entirely about gaming deals. The thing is, while there are plenty of deals on console stuff, unless you are new to pc gaming there have not been a lot of interesting deals lately. I mean a few have been mentioned here and most were glitches. I've bought quite a few things lately but why even post about them when they were not any sort of exceptional deal?

Honestly, I tend to fakey stuff and then not play it even though I have the best intentions. Just don't have time and end up playing PUBG with the time I do have. I played a little if that Emerald Shores game and it was fun but I was using KB/M so I stopped to wait until I was at my desktop with a controller.

I've fakeyed Call of Cthulhu from Coral but haven't played enough. I also bought Mist Survival and SCUM with little time to play.

I did play a bit of Bus Simulator 18 and it is fun. Just like driving a bus. You have to lower the bus for wheelchairs, sell tickets, turn lights on and off, etc. I played Sunset Overdrive and that's a ton of fun. It might still be an exclusive on Razer.

The unfortunate reality is video game sales have sucked for years now. Were there any really good deals during Steam's Autumn sale? Does anyone expect any really good deals for the Holiday sale? Valve was aggressive in cornering the market but now that they have all we get are bland sales without any kind of promotional hook at tepid mid-week/weekend deal prices.

Even hardware-wise Black Friday was pretty mediocre.

Digital sales used to be so good because they needed to be to compete with the established arena of the physical market; after that, they stayed good because the bundle scene emerged. Since the death of the PC physical market and with bundles having dropped off in quality so much, traditional digital platforms like Steam have become the dominant PC software market force, so they don’t really need the crazy deals of the past just to compete.

Pubs also realized they didnt need the insane drops to earn more money. If you go back through steamspy's annual write-ups of sales data, starting in ~2015 the average % discount starting dropping off a lot, but also at that time the pubs were raking in more money than before. So they realized they didnt need the steep discount %s they had been using in the past and that trend has continued.  They had historical data of their own at that point to start realizing they made even more money with less discounts

The unfortunate reality is video game sales have sucked for years now. Were there any really good deals during Steam's Autumn sale? Does anyone expect any really good deals for the Holiday sale? Valve was aggressive in cornering the market but now that they have all we get are bland sales without any kind of promotional hook at tepid mid-week/weekend deal prices.

Seriously though, who has a real push to upgrade anyway? I guess people are moving to 4K, but I would gather that, until there is a new console refresh/cycle, most people have hardware that can run all the current games. What's the most demanding game now? Battlefield V? Hitman 2? Even my shitty FX chip (o/c'ed to 8350 speeds) and 970 can run well @ 1080p. We need more games to really push 4K. That that proably isnt getting more than token support from the AAA community til consoles fully embrace it.

As for game deals, yeah, nothing exciting has been happening much.

I'm surprised no one here has brought up the Bethesda Canvas Bag-gate. That shit is hilarious.

Like a week ago? Seriously, we just got off a pretty solid bender of hardware/game sales talk.
You remember things from a week ago? I tip my hat to you.

Sport peppers are just a type of chili pepper. I've grown the things before. Usually sold pickled and while still green but yeah, nothing particularly weird about them.

Also outside of one or two threads, this site is still almost entirely about gaming deals. The thing is, while there are plenty of deals on console stuff, unless you are new to pc gaming there have not been a lot of interesting deals lately. I mean a few have been mentioned here and most were glitches. I've bought quite a few things lately but why even post about them when they were not any sort of exceptional deal?
If you want to get all botanical about it, pretty much all of the peppers people eat around here are chili peppers, but this begs the rather obvious question of why you would call something a "sport" pepper in the context of a restaurant instead of the familiar name "chili." Weird nomenclature irks me.

I wasn't really complaining about the OT nature of our thread, just pointing out what's probably already pretty obvious.

Here, let's try this:

Seriously, does anybody remember when this site used to be about gaming?

I take a week or so off to recover from surgury and miss burger discussion week? Aw, man.

The hot dogs are another story. They're pretty good. That Chicago dog someone was alluding to earlier is loaded with crap that I don't eat...
IQSK4Qy.gif

Black Friday was fine on other stuff. I went out and bought 1000 LED Christmas lights. Great price. Which means I got every deal I was looking for.

As for game sales, I grabbed some FX3 tables, some HITMAN DLC, and some American Truck Tycoon DLC. Any guesses as to what I'd been playing leading up to the sale? In the Christmas sale I might grab the Last Jedi FX3 pack, even if it doesn't hit 50% off and I'm also hoping for some bundle deals on Pixel Puzzle Ultimate DLC. Exciting, right?

Pubs also realized they didnt need the insane drops to earn more money. If you go back through steamspy's annual write-ups of sales data, starting in ~2015 the average % discount starting dropping off a lot, but also at that time the pubs were raking in more money than before. So they realized they didnt need the steep discount %s they had been using in the past and that trend has continued. They had historical data of their own at that point to start realizing they made even more money with less discounts
Haven't we always heard that Valve has an economist on staff and he's available to advise publishers with games on Steam?

I'm surprised no one here has brought up the Bethesda Canvas Bag-gate. That shit is hilarious.
It's part of a $200 collector's edition. We are on a sight for Cheapasses. Who the fuck around here buys a $200 collector's edition? We'll start caring when it's 90% off on clearance at Gamestop.

If you want to get all botanical about it, pretty much all of the peppers people eat around here are chili peppers, but this begs the rather obvious question of why you would call something a "sport" pepper in the context of a restaurant instead of the familiar name "chili." Weird nomenclature irks me.
Forget it, Warreni. It's Chicago.

No, seriously, it's just one of those regional things. You can also find sport peppers elsewhere in the midwest. I seem to recall that Steak n Shake has a bottle on every table. They're really tough to find elsewhere, though. They're about the hardest part of trying to do homemade Chicago dogs in Oklahoma. (Well, that and not being able to get Vienna Beef dogs, but there are acceptable substitutes.)

I have been anxiously awaiting the next Pinball FX3 Humble Bundle.
I've gotten too active in various pinball groups to have the patience to wait for bundles. Amazing what actually playing games does to one's perception of acceptable sale discounts.

I've gotten too active in various pinball groups to have the patience to wait for bundles. Amazing what actually playing games does to one's perception of acceptable sale discounts.
I would assume by that you mean it distorts said perception beyond all recognition? Why do you think we don't play games?!

Memories...

You all lost me with your burger talk.  I'm not super into burgers.

Getting this thread back on track:  Anyone remember the last good pizza sale?  Pizza sales lately have all sucked.  I think it's because of all the anti-gluten hysteria.

bread's done
Back