Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Geez. How many game companies are gonna do these services?

For me, I think the best thing these companies can do is...also bring in other companies w/ their awesome titles, too - you know, like Microsoft is doing. Bringing in games like Vampyr, Wolf 2, etc etc.

Is Ubi gonna have other games and titles from other companies other than their own?
Highly unlikely. uPlay doesn't even have non Ubisoft games on their store, so why would their service have those games?

I can’t wait for this to come out so MysterD can gush about it endlessly.
I'm so stoked for Bloodlines 2, Outer Worlds, and Cyberpunk 2077.

Watch Dogs: Legion looks really interesting w/ the "Play as any NPC" and "Permadeath" mechanics. I hope Ubi can pull this one off b/c this sounds really cool.

uPlay Plus just got announced. $14.99/month and includes new releases and older games. Includes premium editions, early access, betas, etc.
I'm announcing rcsample's Game Ass. For $9.97/minute, I will make fun of your Mom and also work in some scatological humor. It will include new humor and select hits from my sordid past. Join now, limited quan-TITTIES, available!!!

uPlay Plus just got announced. $14.99/month and includes new releases and older games. Includes premium editions, early access, betas, etc.
I'm announcing rcsample's Game Ass. For $9.97/minute, I will make fun of your Mom and also work in some scatological humor. It will include new humor and select hits from my sordid past. Join now, limited quan-TITTIES, available!!!

Ubi's service feels overpriced and... not great?  Like so many of their games are big open world collect-a-thons that it feels like it makes more sense to just buy them when they're $15-$20 than to rely on a $15/mth subscription.  They're not necessarily games you'll knock out in 15-20 hours unless you're just blasting through the (questionable) plot.

We already get all that for free in this thread tho

All I know is that Steam users have been making fun of people who pay for these type of rental subscriptions for years. 

Personally, yeah I like to own my own games.  So I'm not going to be paying $180 annually to Ubisoft.  I'd also rather buy the couple of Xbox games that I want each year rather than pay $45 per quarter for a game pass.  I don't play that many games.  But I suppose these deals are good for those folks that only have time to binge on lots of different games a few times per year when the wife is away on business trips or something.  If you're the type that wants to complete several games over the course of a month or two then great it probably works for you. 

Next year is starting to look like it's going to be weird. 

Every media company seems to be in a giant rush to launch their own streaming service and they all want $10-15 a month. 

I ended up topping off my Xbox Live subscription because it was ending, so between Live, Gamepass, PC Game Pass and Phantasy Star Online 2 as a F2P MMO on Xbox, I'm ok with paying now to get a discount on 3 years of service.  At the end of that, when I need to pay $14.99 a month? I don't know.  I'm happy for now as it just lets me completely ignore Epic Game Store, as it looks like almost all of their exclusives are ending up on Xbox Game Pass. 

Ubisoft's service seems really dubious... I don't even bother with EA Origin, and that's an existing service with more known content. 

I kind of hope a lot of companies get their teeth kicked in on these attempts.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a business perspective it's the same concept as the Humble Monthly or bundles really; companies realized they could make more money selling subs to their catalogues (or activation keys) to people whom otherwise wouldn't be purchasing those games.

It's really not that different from XBL or PS+ either. Just a rejiggered format where you get to choose which games to play, but pay more.

Next year is starting to look like it's going to be weird.

Every media company seems to be in a giant rush to launch their own streaming service and they all want $10-15 a month.
This isn't new man. Game companies just finally caught onto the yuppie cord-cutting, a-la-carte subscription service habits that young people have been supporting for years. They found a new way to monetize their assets which had been sitting right under their noses this entire time. (I wonder if Google Stadia was a wake-up call)

If I were going to add new subscriptions in my life it would probably be DI.FM premium, Crunchyroll, or Hulu next. But I have enough on my plate already.

In the next year there's going to be the new Disney streaming service, Google Stadia, and god knows what else.

Ubisoft's service seems really dubious... I don't even bother with EA Origin, and that's an existing service with more known content.

I kind of hope a lot of companies get their teeth kicked in on these attempts.
I don't see what the risk is for Ubi, though. It's not as though they have to pay for the right to distribute these. If only a handful of people subscribe, they don't take a loss on it.

Borderlands DLC is everything that is wrong with gaming. Look at that huge crappy list. So many of those tidbits could have simply been included in the game via patch/update. They are the ones that were setting the example for the industry too.

I might avoid BL3.
I don't know if I agree with you there. Borderlands, in particular, and Borderlands 2, generally, has some really good DLC. Both are complete games without any of it, a ton of it is 100% cosmetic, and there are some very fine add-on campaigns -- General Knoxx and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep are great examples of that.

The only stuff that feels a little cash-grabby to me are the Headhunter Packs.

There are plenty of other games that either hijack essential parts of the game, or somehow feel like they're selling it to you piece by piece. I think the BL series mostly either caters to the cosmetic crowd or delivers EXTRA content at a good value.

Netflix-like Subscriptions everywhere.

HBM - You can subscribe monthly, but you actually do keep your games.

Microsoft Xbox Game Pass for PC - Monthly fee to stick around.

Origin - Monthly fee to stick around.

UPlay - Monthly fee to stick around.

Uplay Plus seems like a fine deal since Ubisoft has generally become one of the better AAA publishers IMO. The problem for me is, while I recognize their titles are polished and insanely popular, I really don't care about like 90% of their IPs. I might sub for a month to try Watch Dogs 3 next year but Far Cry and AC do nothing for me anymore and The Division, Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon never did. Only recent game of theirs I might have enjoyed is Trials Rising and of course it's a mess.

So yeah, great deal to play new releases for cheap, but unfortunately not for me.

Borderlands DLC is everything that is wrong with gaming. Look at that huge crappy list. So many of those tidbits could have simply been included in the game via patch/update. They are the ones that were setting the example for the industry too.

I might avoid BL3.
Eh, BL2 had a lot of dlc but tbh I don't think it's "everything wrong with gaming," we have games releasing literally as unfinished, buggy, games as a service messes. Getting a completed, high quality game with expansions that are 10 hours each or more for 10 bucks each and dollar cosmetic packs is fin, and if that's what we get out of BL3 I'll be pretty thrilled. The headhunter packs don't have a ton of content but I didn't feel ripped off spending three bucks on them, either.

Netflix-like Subscriptions everywhere.

HBM - You can subscribe monthly, but you actually do keep your games.

Microsoft Xbox Game Pass for PC - Monthly fee to stick around.

Origin - Monthly fee to stick around.

UPlay - Monthly fee to stick around.
Right, and once you've subscribed to a few of those things you would have simply been better off buying your own games, disc movies, and using free digital television.

Can't wait for uplay/origin/etc sub to be required to play uplay/origin/etc PC games online.
Yep exactly. Or maybe something like forced commercials without paid subs. Fast lanes? Elite special access?

That's where this is headed.

FF7 Remake's combat system looks like a cross of FF13, FF15, and FF7 combat systems.

The Last Remnant Remaster coming to Switch tonight.

Octopath Traveler is coming to Steam.

I don't know if I agree with you there. Borderlands, in particular, and Borderlands 2, generally, has some really good DLC. Both are complete games without any of it, a ton of it is 100% cosmetic, and there are some very fine add-on campaigns -- General Knoxx and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep are great examples of that.
Eh, BL2 had a lot of dlc but tbh I don't think it's "everything wrong with gaming," we have games releasing literally as unfinished, buggy, games as a service messes. Getting a completed, high quality game with expansions that are 10 hours each or more for 10 bucks each and dollar cosmetic packs is fin, and if that's what we get out of BL3 I'll be pretty thrilled. The headhunter packs don't have a ton of content but I didn't feel ripped off spending three bucks on them, either.
Yeah, this is totally DLC done right:

borderlands-1.png

borderlands-2.png

borderlands-3.png

Batallion 1944 on Steam. Looks like old-school COD and BF games.

Kingdom Hearts III: Re-Mind DLC announced.

FF14 Online: Shadowbringers expansion announced for July.

Romancing Saga 3 and some long-winded Saga Grace title are coming to Steam, Switch, and every other platform.

People Can Fly with a new shooter: Outriders.

Oninaki announced.

Final Fantasy 8 Remastered announced for Steam, PS4, XB1, and Steam.

Marvel Avengers announced for Stadia, PC, PS4, and X1 on May 15th, 2020.

Can't wait for uplay/origin/etc sub to be required to play uplay/origin/etc PC games online.
Console gaming has arrived on PC.

1JNMYJW.gif

It's interesting to see PC gaming following a similar trend as tv and movie streaming - from years of having a dominant platform (Netflix & Steam) to a proliferation of different services and their own exclusive content.

Heads up, everyone - I saw on slickdeals that you can get a lower rate of $6.69 per minute with promo code 'TURDFERGUSON'.

BL2 DLC was fine with the only notable exception being the Headhunter DLC that were clearly intended to be free holiday mini-patches but someone decided they should be sold for money.  The cosmetic stuff can be completely ignored.

We already get all that for free in this thread tho
Free like your Mom?? No more freebees for you in the thread. That was the Beta period. Mine ended but I think your Mom missed hers! Period, that is!! ZIIIIING!! OK, now that was the last freebee!

Since someone posted a discount code on SLICKDEALS.NET, here is one for CAG to get the low cost of $6.96/min. Use code: "YOURMOTHERSAWHORE"

That's always been the problem with KS though.  People see themselves as "investors" but Kickstarter and the devs treat them at best like customers, at worst like donors.  It's a crappy system and I don't know why people keep supporting KS projects.  Again and again you have people run away with money and deliver nothing or deliver unfinished products and call it a day.  I don't think it's all nefarious, I think a lot of devs just severely underestimate the amount of time and money it takes to make these games.  That's why they are devs and not business owners or CEOs.

Here's my take on Shenmue 3.  Too bad, so sad.  Seriously.  If you put your money into such a stupid system you deserve to get screwed.  If Shenmue 3 is only a timed exclusive, the devs should do the right thing and give people Steam keys one year later or whatever.  If it's not a timed exclusive there are no Steam keys to give so Epic keys are what are available.   

By this point, there is no KS money to refund to anyone.  That money has been spent for whatever the game is at this point.  They likely realized they ran out of money and the game was nowhere near complete and these deals with Deep Silver and Epic are for them to get more cash and actually finish the game.  Between not delivering anything and delivering a complete game on Epic, I think Epic is the better solution.  Epic isn't going to let whatever money they pumped into the game be used to pay back unhappy early pre-orders.  This is game development, not a ponzi scheme.  

Damn I missed humble bundles hacking book bundle (the one with Ida pro and the hacking the Xbox book). If anyone was able to get it can you pm me?

Do steam cards every go on sale? I thought Fry's had the $100 cards on sale for like $85 last week but I do not have a Fry's in my state. I'm curious what others have witnessed over the years. 

bread's done
Back