Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Any chance you can post a review of AC2 and ACB?
aWuGb.gif

While For Honor has been given away before on Steam and Uplay, Epic is giving away the standard edition instead of the starter edition.
Will I have to install it twice like other Ubisoft games? Apparently that is a thing.

im watching all this Outer Worlds coverage, i love me some fallout, and im like, shit, looks like i might fakeybro this... on the EGS!!!

Who's with me, boys?
Launches on PC Gamepass as well, FWIW. Seen estimates that it's ~20 hours long so would be easy to play through in a month.

Watching footage myself and as someone who played a little of Fallout 4 and did not enjoy it at all, this looks to be exactly what I want out of a FO-style game. Very excited for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna play outer worlds on gamepass also, its looking great. Was bummed when they went with epic but showing up on gamepass suits me just fine.

Speaking of epic, I've seen a few devs/pubs now say how epic ensures them a minimum sales amount by essentially purchasing x amount of copies of the game when they make it exclusive. Makes me wonder if that is included in their press releases when they exclaim about how their sales are so high on the epic store.

Welp, i was doing my semi annual key redemption, and i finally had a key stolen from me. i'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner, but i'm sad at losing this bundle fodder. i guess this is what happens when you don't redeem asap.

anyways, the key was for The Away Team from Be Mine 29, 2-9-17 

I have a legitimate question for all the long-time PC users here - is Ninite safe to use for downloads?  I need to use IMGBurn and 7-Zip, but I'm trying to find downloads of those programs that don't include trojans or viruses.  If anyone here can answer this question, it would be appreciated.  

I have a legitimate question for all the long-time PC users here - is Ninite safe to use for downloads? I need to use IMGBurn and 7-Zip, but I'm trying to find downloads of those programs that don't include trojans or viruses. If anyone here can answer this question, it would be appreciated.
Ive been using Ninite for years and never had an issue or heard of one. Not saying it couldnt happen but I would vouch for its safety. Im in the IT industry and have been using it off and on since going to school, never heard weird rumor or any other tech say anything bad. But thats just me.

(edited for clarity)

I have a legitimate question for all the long-time PC users here - is Ninite safe to use for downloads? I need to use IMGBurn and 7-Zip, but I'm trying to find downloads of those programs that don't include trojans or viruses. If anyone here can answer this question, it would be appreciated.
Truthfully, I've never heard of that site till just now, but I dont claim to be an expert. However, if you just want 7zip and IMGBurn, you can get 7zip from cnet and you can get both of them from majorgeeks.com. I've use both cnet (formerly download.com) and majorgeeks before with no issues.

Ive been using Ninite for years and never had an issue or heard of one. Not saying it couldnt happen but I would vouch for its safety. Im in the IT industry and have been using it off and on since going to school, never heard weird rumor or any other tech say anything bad. But thats just me.

(edited for clarity)
I went ahead and used it, and it seems to be legit. I learned about Ninite from reading Reddit and PC Gamer, so I will probably use it again in the future. And I've been enjoying Imgburn and 7-Zip since I downloaded both programs earlier...for research purposes only. :mrgreen:

I heard so many good things about slay the spire, should I bite on the humble bundle this month? Add onto that meaty backlog?
So I played StS last month for the first time having (a) never played a game in the genre before, (b) zero overall interest in the genre, and (c) zero expectations that I'd actually enjoy the game. After playing for a couple hours, I enjoyed the game. I haven't devoted much time to it at all but I absolutely see why it's such a massive hit.

I really like Slay The Spire. It’s basically a roguelike that is all about strategically building and using your deck. Which I’m sure is exactly in the description. Definitely worth one month of humble monthly sub since I’d say it was worth $12 on its own. But I’m a major roguelike lover.

Finished up Unavowed from the Xbox For PC Game Pass today.

And it was great.

I've played some good adventure games this year on the PC (The Walking Dead: Season 3, Heavy Rain & Night Call, for starters) - but Unavowed takes the cake. Extremely good writing & voice-acting; great characters with personality; interesting plot & story; and some choices to shape the game & the outcome of it. In many ways, this feels like a throw-back to that pixel-art era of many of the LucasArts era of adventures - Maniac Mansion, Sam & Max: Hit The Road, etc etc.

Most puzzles weren't obscure either. You can always ask your companions for a nudge of an idea of what might need to be done. Doing that won't give the answer flat-out, though; especially with some of the harder puzzles. Puzzles aren't obscure and ridiculous, for the most part. And some puzzles can be solved differently, depending on who is in your party, as one character might have a different solution than another character.

This might be one of the best ones (adventure games) that I've played in years, since The Longest Journey and Shadow of Destiny.

Truthfully, I've never heard of that site till just now, but I dont claim to be an expert. However, if you just want 7zip and IMGBurn, you can get 7zip from cnet and you can get both of them from majorgeeks.com. I've use both cnet (formerly download.com) and majorgeeks before with no issues.
Its amazing how much the world has changed... CNet/Download use to be one of the most trafficked sites on the net (Well, at least for me) but I couldn't tell you the last time I went there.

I've not used Ninite in years but I've not heard anything bad about it either. Is there some problem with 7-zip's official site for trojans or viruses? I've used 7-zip.org for years. That or winrar at rarlab.com

I've not used Ninite in years but I've not heard anything bad about it either. Is there some problem with 7-zip's official site for trojans or viruses? I've used 7-zip.org for years. That or winrar at rarlab.com
There isn't an issue with 7-Zip.org, but Ninite will allow you to download several apps at once. You just select all of the apps that are offered. And I happened to need both 7-Zip and imgburn. Imgburn was the trouble child.

Well, after 14 years of service today was the day to pull the plug on the wife's laptop. You where an under powered piece of shit the day we got you but your durability, unquenchable ability to keep plugging along, along with my wife's desire to not spend "needless" money made you something special.

giphy.gif

Any chance you can post a review of AC2 and ACB?
Been so long since I played those, not sure I can do a proper review w/ specs and the technical stuff. I would guess these days, they should run at either 1080p30fps or 1080p60fps or better without breaking a sweat. I don't think I ever wrote a full-blown review for those games, oddly enough, as I can't seem to find it!

I would probably do more of a retrospective on those two, if I was to do so.

Those two AC games (AC2 & AC:B) to me really defined the series.

AC2 was the major improvement over AC1 in almost every way (story; characters; gameplay; variety of mission types; became more of a mix of action, platforming, and stealth; etc etc); and AC:B had the major improvement & tweaking of the gameplay aspects (calling other Assassins to help;sending Assassins on side mission; & the addition of bombs as weapons and bomb-making); and introduced their brand of MP to us all (which was basically, more or less, an AC type of twist on The Ship's competitive MP).

AC series has evolved (see AC: Syndicate, which felt like the last proper AC type of game & sequel that AC: Unity should've been) and changed direction a few times; and most of them have been successful. AC4: Black Flag & Rogue headed more into a pirate-y and naval open-world direction (so you did less on-foot platforming to get to areas). Meanwhile, AC: Origins started heading the game into RPG direction with the ARPG loot-direction with Dark Souls type of combat; and then AC: Odyssey continued further into RPG stuff by adding decision-making RPG direction.

Even given all of the above, I still don't know if they (UbiSoft) can ever re-capture that magic that came from AC2 & AC:B.

Got my Ryzen 5 3600 in the mail today. Paid $190 shipped. Now to wait for aftermarket 5700s to appear.
I was looking at a totally new computer and had over half the parts ordered. I mentioned cyberpowerpc as a possibility. The main things to me having an issue with were the 2080 super not really being out there yet and the motherboard not being in stock.

I priced out the entire thing and found a 5% discount online giving me a total difference of $45 to buy it through them. I debated for a day and then just pulled the trigger. The $45 difference was so low that I am happy with that. The $45 difference was the added packaging for shipping and three day shipping, neither of which were absolutely needed but gave a little piece of mind.

A few things that helped me save even more money:

I bought my RAM from Best Buy with points, so I ordered the bare minimum RAM with the computer. The RAM was $169.99 minus $165 from BB and CPPC wanted to charge $257 for the RAM. The SSD I bought off Amazon was Prime day deal, a 2TB Crucial for $189.99. CPPC wanted to charge $298 for the SSD. I am debating on buying another one, but they are back up to $229.99, which is far better than the $298 CPPC was charging.

So, when I get the PC around mid August, check all the cables being plugged in to the right place while being snug, swap out the RAM, add the SSD and swap out the ML fans on the Corsair h150i I bought with LL fans.

The main thing that got me to buy from CPPC is they had the case I finally picked. They actually carried my final two picks. I had it down to the Corsair 570X and the Lian Li 011 Dynamic. I decided on the Lian Li. Ibuypower didn't have the case options I wanted.

Get a new gold rated PSU for that PC.  You're don't want to cheap out and use what CPPC has for their stock PSU and take a chance of frying all those expensive parts. 

here is a guide (tier list) to help you.

Been so long since I played those, not sure I can do a proper review w/ specs and the technical stuff. I would guess these days, they should run at either 1080p30fps or 1080p60fps or better without breaking a sweat. I don't think I ever wrote a full-blown review for those games, oddly enough, as I can't seem to find it!

I would probably do more of a retrospective on those two, if I was to do so.

Those two AC games (AC2 & AC:B) to me really defined the series.

AC2 was the major improvement over AC1 in almost every way (story; characters; gameplay; variety of mission types; became more of a mix of action, platforming, and stealth; etc etc); and AC:B had the major improvement & tweaking of the gameplay aspects (calling other Assassins to help;sending Assassins on side mission; & the addition of bombs as weapons and bomb-making); and introduced their brand of MP to us all (which was basically, more or less, an AC type of twist on The Ship's competitive MP).

AC series has evolved (see AC: Syndicate, which felt like the last proper AC type of game & sequel that AC: Unity should've been) and changed direction a few times; and most of them have been successful. AC4: Black Flag & Rogue headed more into a pirate-y and naval open-world direction (so you did less on-foot platforming to get to areas). Meanwhile, AC: Origins started heading the game into RPG direction with the ARPG loot-direction with Dark Souls type of combat; and then AC: Odyssey continued further into RPG stuff by adding decision-making RPG direction.

Even given all of the above, I still don't know if they (UbiSoft) can ever re-capture that magic that came from AC2 & AC:B.
I feel cheated, go replay the entire Assassin’s Creed franchise (yes, even the PSP one) right now and give us proper reviews. DO IT.

I feel cheated, go replay the entire Assassin’s Creed franchise (yes, even the PSP one) right now and give us proper reviews. DO IT.
No thanks (at replaying & reviewing entire franchise).

in the midst of WWE 2K19's MyCareer Mode...and also trying to decide what's next to play.

Started playing Slay the Spire today from the humble monthly...man that game is addicting. I tend to either get super addicted to rogue likes or not really care for them at all, this is one that's up there with the top tier ones like Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, FTL...definitely give it a shot

Started playing Slay the Spire today from the humble monthly...man that game is addicting. I tend to either get super addicted to rogue likes or not really care for them at all, this is one that's up there with the top tier ones like Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, FTL...definitely give it a shot
It's a great game for sure, but a weak headliner IMHO because of the lower value. The game rocks though enough for me to purchase it again on the Switch after beating it and playing it many hours on the PC.

It's a great game for sure, but a weak headliner IMHO because of the lower value. The game rocks though enough for me to purchase it again on the Switch after beating it and playing it many hours on the PC.
Yeah I agree. Although Slay the Spire is one my favorite games of all time, it is kinda a niche game. Both headliners don't have the pull as other monthly headliners do. I wouldn't be surprised if Humble decides to reveal a third game soon to attract more customers.

Also I hope Slay the Spire adds a endless mode. Where I can keep my deck and just keep climbing until I die. Once in awhile I get a very OP deck and I hate it when I finish the game and need to start over again.

Slay the Spire is good enough for me for an early reveal, I just wish the other one wasn't a pure multi-player game.  If it were of the caliber of Mutant Year Zero or Surving Mars then this month would be a no-brainer, imo.

Slay the Spire is good enough for me for an early reveal, I just wish the other one wasn't a pure multi-player game. If it were of the caliber of Mutant Year Zero or Surving Mars then this month would be a no-brainer, imo.
Yeah, it's a great game and its msrp is 25 dollars, which isn't really all that much lower than a lot of games that were headliners in the past, I'm pretty happy with it as a headliner now that I've gotten to play it, the issue is that the other game I have zero interest in

Yeah, it's a great game and its msrp is 25 dollars, which isn't really all that much lower than a lot of games that were headliners in the past, I'm pretty happy with it as a headliner now that I've gotten to play it, the issue is that the other game I have zero interest in
So you're saying you're not going to buy Squad off of me for $4 or trade for bundle fodder?

Re: Monthly headliners and their value, I find it interesting that my favorite one so far is Stardew Valley, a $15 game that headlined a month all by itself.

MSRP is simply not a very good indicator of value, but having an inflated MSRP and then giving a large discount (Eg. Ubisoft lately) makes the deal look better.

As far as headliners that I'm enjoying, I would put forward Yakuza 0, although that was a sacrifice for me as I got it before it was a headliner. Heard and read great things about Kiwami 2, and it uses the newer Dragon Engine instead of the older PS3 era engine that Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 run on. I would love to see that as a future headliner ahead of Kiwami 1 given the worse reception of that title.

And for trading or selling unwanted Humble Monthly titles, especially headliners, you can try flipping your Humble gift links for unbundled grey market keys on Barter.vg, as the hoarders there love links, to the point where they act like a currency of sorts.

And for trading or selling unwanted Humble Monthly titles, especially headliners, you can try flipping your Humble gift links for unbundled grey market keys on Barter.vg, as the hoarders there love links, to the point where they act like a currency of sorts.
i was gonna make some pithy comment on trading links instead of actual keys, but as someone who bought a ton of indiegala happy hours back in the day, i can't say shit now, can i?

Re: Monthly headliners and their value, I find it interesting that my favorite one so far is Stardew Valley, a $15 game that headlined a month all by itself.
And at the time people complained about the value of that headliner with its low MSRP.

My favorite is probably ARK, which wasn't at a much higher MSRP at the time.

Interesting to note that I ended up buying copies of both games for my son's account, paying more for each of those than I paid for my monthly bundle.

Indie Developer Shitstorm...File this one under "Naive Developers", "Epic sucks" or "Whiny Man-babies"...depending on who you want to side with.

Click the link below:

Indie Developer Shitstorm...File this one under "Naive Developers", "Epic sucks" or "Whiny Man-babies"...depending on who you want to side with.

Click the link below:

It's really saying something that the commenters in those threads make Epic and the devs look good, at least in comparison.

bShX2D1.jpg

Hahahahaha.
Isn't this the arena survival game that died in 2015 that only angry cholos like Fox still play? The one that was inferior to The Culling, then PUBG, and now Apex Legends, among many others in the genre? What the hell is it doing in a tier anything above Free?

Isn't this the arena survival game that died in 2015 that only angry cholos like Fox still play? The one that was inferior to The Culling, then PUBG, and now Apex Legends, among many others in the genre? What the hell is it doing in a tier anything above Free?
The name of the bundle might provide a hint as to who set these tier prices.

It's really saying something that the commenters in those threads make Epic and the devs look good, at least in comparison.
Lots of those comments are pretty vile. That said, not sure what the dev expected when they dove into it with a glib and kinda unprofessional tone.

Unless all the various stuff is shopped, the dev went around sowing wind and ended up reaping the whirlwind.
Trolling trolls never ends well.

Mine is probably Hollow Knight, with Pillars of Eternity being a close second. Dark Souls 3 would be up there as well but I sold it off because I already owned it so i don't really count that one

bread's done
Back