Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If we had fewer people in general this would also be true.  This is why I do not understand why more people are not cheering on the many wonderful, beautiful asteroids floating around out there.  I mean without asteroids there might be a bunch of dinosaurs eating us right now so another big impact can only be a good thing!

I'd say something about a video game or a sale but the sales all suck and I have not had time to play anything in weeks, so...

The secret is to pre-purchase through 2021 so you still don't feel any pressure to play anything.
There is still a little pressure to play stuff since you never know if something will be taken off the service. I imagine the first party stuff will be there indefinitely, but for everything else, I have no idea how often they'll remove games and with how much notice.

Anyhow, a new Apparel Event started in the Division 2 today... (I guess I'll be playing the Division for the next couple of weeks.)
Sou you guys play Division 2 so you can place in a virtual fashion show?

giphy.gif

Sou you guys play Division 2 so you can place in a virtual fashion show?

giphy.gif
Basically. That and place in a virtual build show. Either you're grinding for cosmetics or trying to complete a build. I've been running with a shotgun/sniper build for a few months but I think I'll change it up soon. Probably do something stupid like Tommy gun as my main.

so for some goddamn reason i wanted Snake Pass. two choices

1. get the bundle on fanatical bundlestars for five bucks

2. buy it on g2a for like a buck and change... i am NOT sifting through the cesspool.

after thinking about it for a minute, i got the bundle. i dont wanna get into some egs 2deep4u bullshit, but ya know seemed like the better thing to do. anyways, to counteract my sacrifice i' gonna go pirate some stuff.

Just checked; didn't realize I already owned Snake Pass. [shrug]
So it's great, then?

As a public service announcement, the Solasta Kickstarter I alluded to a few weeks ago made 100% last night, so if anyone's interested in fakeybro'ing a tactical RPG, you may want to check it out.

so for some goddamn reason i wanted Snake Pass. two choices

1. get the bundle on fanatical bundlestars for five bucks

2. buy it on g2a for like a buck and change... i am NOT sifting through the cesspool.

after thinking about it for a minute, i got the bundle. i dont wanna get into some egs 2deep4u bullshit, but ya know seemed like the better thing to do. anyways, to counteract my sacrifice i' gonna go pirate some stuff.
It was also in the xbox game pass for pc.

4c0af3beb4.jpg

[font='comic sans ms', cursive]So it's great, then?[/font]

As a public service announcement, the Solasta Kickstarter I alluded to a few weeks ago made 100% last night, so if anyone's interested in fakeybro'ing a tactical RPG, you may want to check it out.
Pretty sad they have to address Epic Game store exclusivity in their FAQ... They say they won't do it.

Anyhow, I'm glad they made it... but my days of Kickstarting are pretty much over. It would have to be perfectly in my wheelhouse for me to consider otherwise.

Pretty sad they have to address Epic Game store exclusivity in their FAQ... They say they won't do it.

Anyhow, I'm glad they made it... but my days of Kickstarting are pretty much over. It would have to be perfectly in my wheelhouse for me to consider otherwise.
That's fair, but this one is pretty much perfectly in my wheelhouse. . . to each his own.

I was tempted to pony up for a physical CE on this, but my days of doing that may be over. I'm slowly coming around to the idea that maybe having that crap in my house is a bit pointless.

I did pre-order that Planet Zoo CE that comes with a baby panda and a Komodo dragon. I figure the panda can live in the extra bedroom and the dragon can stay in the bathroom. I'll just start bathing in the back yard with the garden hose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never get it to run, but this was pre-Xbox App so maybe they fixed it. I know I couldn't get Metro Exodus to run without crashing every few minutes for a few weeks until they updated it and the app.
IIRC, Metro Exodus also had crashing & freezing issues in DX12 mode.

It just ran better & more stable in DX11 mode.

According to Frogwares: Focus Home Interactive is de-listing Frogwares' titles from Steam, XBox Live & PSN b/c their distribution deal is over:

http://frogwares.com/official-statement-on-removal-of-our-games-from-storefronts-by-focus-home-interactive/

Full list:

On Steam, PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360: Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments availability ends on September 29th.

Already taken down on PS3: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Magrunner: Dark Pulse.

Already taken down on Xbox 360: Sherlock Holmes versus Jack The Ripper, The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes, Magrunner: Dark Pulse.

On Steam, The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes Vs. Jack The Ripper and Magrunner: Dark Pulse are published by Frogwares and not by Focus Home Interactive.
EDIT:

More info on the Frogwares situation:

https://www.pcgamer.com/frogwares-claims-focus-home-interactive-is-delisting-its-games-without-approval/

Notes:

- Frogwares own the IP's.

- Focus has a new clause, stating they don't have to hand over title ID's (which often must be unique on digital stores).

- The above means that the Focus-published game can just disappear from services...like Steam, PSN & XBL.

- Also means old titles for older generations of consoles, the game might not reappear there.

- Frogwares is trying to make new store profiles, but that might not happen with older games for previous console generations.

- Basically: "If Focus can't publish it, nobody can."

- Frogwares says they didn't agree to this clause, wasn't in their contracts, and that it's new to them.

According to Frogwares: Focus Home Interactive is de-listing Frogwares' titles from Steam, XBox Live & PSN b/c their distribution deal is over:

http://frogwares.com/official-statement-on-removal-of-our-games-from-storefronts-by-focus-home-interactive/

EDIT:

https://www.pcgamer.com/frogwares-claims-focus-home-interactive-is-delisting-its-games-without-approval/

Notes:

- Focus has a new clause, stating they don't have to hand over title ID's (which often must be unique on digital stores).

- The above means that the Focus-published game can just disappear from services...like Steam, PSN & XBL.

- Also means old titles for older generations of consoles, the game might not reappear there.

- Frogwares is trying to make new store profiles, but that might not happen with older games for previous console generations.

- Frogwares says they didn't agree to this clause, wasn't in their contracts, and that it's new to them.
It seems like a dick move on Focus Home's part. I wonder what the rationale for this is.

It seems like a dick move on Focus Home's part. I wonder what the rationale for this is.
If all is true, sounds like they (Focus) are not happy that..

1. FrogWares didn't renew the contract w/ Focus;

2. FrogWares also have been publishing some of their own games;

3. And FrogWares also have been making deals with Bigben Interactive for publishing deals (i.e. The Sinking City).

EDIT:

Notes:

wtf is a Frogwares???

Anyways... I'm not trying to start anything here. Honest I'm not. But the other forums I frequent would say "See, this is why I buy physical media." That you don't own your stuff and they can take access away from you, halt supporting things, or pull the plug at any time. It was a wake up call when some people noticed movies missing from their digital accounts. Other people don't like it when their films are stealthily censored or altered either. That someone like George Lucas could come in and bizarrely permanently alter your movies by adding weird CGI scenes that were not originally part of the version you bought.

I believe that digital and physical can coexist in harmony, but I def won't pay anything close to full price for digital goods either.

i forgot about that uplay plus trial. said to myself, what should i try before it expires? settled on Far Cry New Dawn.

it's fun enough. if you liked the previous far cry games/liked FC 5 characters it's worth trying. definitely not worth a buy, though.

i forgot about that uplay plus trial. said to myself, what should i try before it expires? settled on Far Cry New Dawn.

it's fun enough. if you liked the previous far cry games/liked FC 5 characters it's worth trying. definitely not worth a buy, though.
You're wrong. If you haven't played until the end I think you might change your mind once you do. Otherwise you are a monster with a trash opinion.

wtf is a Frogwares???

Anyways... I'm not trying to start anything here. Honest I'm not. But the other forums I frequent would say "See, this is why I buy physical media." That you don't own your stuff and they can take access away from you, halt supporting things, or pull the plug at any time. It was a wake up call when some people noticed movies missing from their digital accounts. Other people don't like it when their films are stealthily censored or altered either. That someone like George Lucas could come in and bizarrely permanently alter your movies by adding weird CGI scenes that were not originally part of the version you bought.

I believe that digital and physical can coexist in harmony, but I def won't pay anything close to full price for digital goods either.
This seems like the wrong situation to be applying this sort of argument to. If you buy a physical game and, instead of taking it home, leave it at the store, and try to come back for it in a few months, you’re probably going to have lost the game. If you buy a digital game and don’t download it for a few months, you’re probably going to be able to.

There are arguments to be made for the superiority of physical over digital ownership, and in the right situations there’s some merit to the one you’ve mentioned, it really just doesn’t seem applicable here.

This seems like the wrong situation to be applying this sort of argument to. If you buy a physical game and, instead of taking it home, leave it at the store, and try to come back for it in a few months, you’re probably going to have lost the game. If you buy a digital game and don’t download it for a few months, you’re probably going to be able to.

There are arguments to be made for the superiority of physical over digital ownership, and in the right situations there’s some merit to the one you’ve mentioned, it really just doesn’t seem applicable here.
But if you buy a game on your account and leave your computer open in a public location, then someone could steal your entire account just as they've stolen the physical game. Both are fringe cases of things you'd actually do.

I think there's merit behind the fact that no developer can take away your physical copy of a game, and nobody is going to steal that game in your own house.

Is there a case of these Focus games actually disappearing from the libraries of people who own them?  "Delisting" usually just means "Not for sale any longer" and it's a very rare occasion where a game actually is no longer in your library.  Valve, for obvious reasons, doesn't want the impression of "Buy stuff and maybe it'll still be there tomorrow" for their store. The issue, as I understood it, is that Focus was pulling the store pages and not giving access to those pages to Frogware.  Frogware can make new pages but loses everyone who had the game wishlisted, followed or recommended.

New Dawn was fun.  I was hesitant because I hated the ending of FC5 and a game built on that shit didn't hold much appeal.  But Fox browbeat me into trying it and it's a fun game (assuming you like FC games) and continues to build off the formula.  The antagonists aren't as In Your Face EXTREME!!! as the trailer videos suggested and the smaller map makes for a tighter game that still offers a lot to do.  If anything, it might be a better FC game for people suffering from map icon phobias.

So no one else's first thought about this Frogwares/Focus situation was "Maybe now with its impending delisting, we'll get the first decent Steam discount in four years on Crimes and Punishment"? Just me being selfish?

Is there a case of these Focus games actually disappearing from the libraries of people who own them? "Delisting" usually just means "Not for sale any longer" and it's a very rare occasion where a game actually is no longer in your library. Valve, for obvious reasons, doesn't want the impression of "Buy stuff and maybe it'll still be there tomorrow" for their store. The issue, as I understood it, is that Focus was pulling the store pages and not giving access to those pages to Frogware. Frogware can make new pages but loses everyone who had the game wishlisted, followed or recommended.
As I understand it (and I probably don't fully), it's a bit more complicated than that. I think Focus controls the SteamIDs (and other store IDs) of the games in the catalog, so they have the ability to delist the games, and Frogwares cannot use those IDs. My understanding of the situation from reading the Frogwares post (assuming that it's an accurate, no-shenanigans representation of the facts) is that Focus's action means that Frogwares cannot sell the products in those stores at all at this time. I honestly don't know how any of that works, but that seems to be what the firm is indicating.

So no one else's first thought about this Frogwares/Focus situation was "Maybe now with its impending delisting, we'll get the first decent Steam discount in four years on Crimes and Punishment"? Just me being selfish?
Probably this.

Frogs and Focus aside...

I've installed and am now preparing to test my new RTX card... Please, hold your applause (or opinions,  especially the Team Red boys/girls/whatever pronoun makes you comfortable)

Anyone have suggestions on apps to test/benchmark DX12 performance/Real Time tracings? Ideally, the card should perform at/near the top of the modern gpu heap, but, as always, I'm paranoid about product quality and don't want to overclock too high/push it too hard.

Frogs and Focus aside...

I've installed and am now preparing to test my new RTX card... Please, hold your applause (or opinions, especially the Team Red boys/girls/whatever pronoun makes you comfortable)

Anyone have suggestions on apps to test/benchmark DX12 performance/Real Time tracings? Ideally, the card should perform at/near the top of the modern gpu heap, but, as always, I'm paranoid about product quality and don't want to overclock too high/push it too hard.
I used Heaven but I prefer games now that have built in benchmarks:

https://xsreviews.co.uk/news/games-with-built-in-benchmarks-2019-how-to-benchmark-your-pc/

Frogs and Focus aside...

I've installed and am now preparing to test my new RTX card... Please, hold your applause (or opinions, especially the Team Red boys/girls/whatever pronoun makes you comfortable)

I also enjoyed the newest Chappelle special.

I just got my first ever gaming desktop set up last night. Any recommendations of must play games from the past 25 years?
This should get you going:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Deus Ex series.

Witcher series.

Dragon Age series; Mass Effect series; KOTOR 1 & 2.

Jade Empire; NWN: Diamond/NWN: EE.

Baldur's Gate series; Planescape Torment.

Fallout series (except FO76).

Elder Scrolls series (ES3: Morrowind GOTY; ES4: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe; ES5: Skyrim Legendary/Special).

Divinity series.

Diablo series; Torchlight series; Sacred series; Titan Quest: Gold/Anniversary; Grim Dawn.

FEAR 1; Half-Life series; Quake series; Doom series.

STALKER series; Metro series.

Far Cry series; Crysis series; Dead Space series.

Assassin's Creed series (namely AC2, AC:B, AC: Revelations, AC4 Black Flag, AC Syndicate).

Bioshock series; Dishonored series.

GTA series; Sleeping Dogs; Mafia series.

This should get you going:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.
Deus Ex series.
Witcher series.
Dragon Age series; Mass Effect series; KOTOR 1 & 2.
Jade Empire; NWN: Diamond or NWN: EE.
Baldur's Gate series; Planescape Torment.
Fallout series (except FO76).
Elder Scrolls series (ES3: Morrowind GOTY; ES4: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe; ES5: Skyrim Legendary/Special).
FEAR 1; Half-Life series; Quake series; Doom series.
STALKER series; Metro series.
Far Cry series; Crysis series; Dead Space series.
Assassin's Creed series (namely AC2, AC:B, AC: Revelations, AC4 Black Flag, AC Syndicate).
Bioshock series; Dishonored series.
GTA series; Sleeping Dogs; Mafia series.
Thanks for the recommendations!

Add 1 part gaming PC, mix with 1 part MS Gamepass to create instant backlog and indecision. Repeat every 30 days for maximum cognitive dissonance.
Gamepass was a big factor in my decision to finally jump ship to PC. I was able to get the max amount of Ultimate sub during the beta, so I'll have a good supply of free* games for a few years.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Gamepass was a big factor in my decision to finally jump ship to PC. I was able to get the max amount of Ultimate sub during the beta, so I'll have a good supply of free* games for a few years.
Since you have Game Pass for PC, make sure you play Gears 5. It's awesome.

EDIT:

Metro: Exodus is awesome too, which is also in the PC Game Pass.

As I understand it (and I probably don't fully), it's a bit more complicated than that. I think Focus controls the SteamIDs (and other store IDs) of the games in the catalog, so they have the ability to delist the games, and Frogwares cannot use those IDs. My understanding of the situation from reading the Frogwares post (assuming that it's an accurate, no-shenanigans representation of the facts) is that Focus's action means that Frogwares cannot sell the products in those stores at all at this time. I
I gotcha. And that sucks for Frogwares but it's not really fuel for the "I need my games on physical paper punchcards stored in a vault under my bed in case one day the Chinese EMP the Valve servers" argument (which is where people seemed to be taking it). AFAIK, if you bought the games from Focus, they're still going to be accessible.

bread's done
Back