Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The bottom line is this: TrumpCat, when he brags about his haul, you know, he reminds me of that guy in "The Wizard of Oz," you know, when you pull back the curtain, it's a really small dude?
I'm a YUGE cat, believe me! With YUGE, BIGLY PAWS! Everyone says so!

The problem, if it is a problem ... many, many people say it's not a problem. No problem at all, I don't think it's a problem. BidenCat would probably say it's a problem, but it's definitely not a problem. Who would think it's a problem? Not me, right people. It's not a problem. Believe me. Is that all of the best, very best games will eventually be in Humble Monthlies and now we're tied into them with staying subscribed, so there's no real incentive to buy anything unless it's under $2 or you absolutely NEED to play it right now. But that's a good problem, everyone knows it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamersgate:

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - Steam

US Store = 89% off @ $3.37

UK Store = 89% off @ 2.25 pounds = $2.89 USD (before any conversion fees)

Not region-locked to UK. Activated fine in USA here.

Not sure if UK is region-locked on Steam.

But, there is a message saying that UK purchases are only guaranteed for EU region, when I toss it in the cart.

Gamersgate:

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - Steam

US Store = 89% off @ $3.37

UK Store = 89% off @ 2.25 pounds = $2.89 USD (before any conversion fees)

Not sure if UK is region-locked on Steam.

But, there is a message saying that UK purchases are only guaranteed for EU region, when I toss it in the cart.
I bought it earlier today from the UK store and there was no region lock. Also grabbed Magrunner from the UK store and Journey to the Center of the Earth from the US store. Magrunner was free on GOG but the Steam version wasn't in any good bundles

I bought it earlier today from the UK store and there was no region lock. Also grabbed Magrunner from the UK store and Journey to the Center of the Earth from the US store. Magrunner was free on GOG but the Steam version wasn't in any good bundles
Thanks. Bought and activated Sherlock: C&P no problem.

y u no tell everyone about this deal earlier? Jerkface!

Apropos of nothing "on-topic," I got an email a little while ago that Sony is selling a 1Tb PS4 bundle during "Black Friday" for $200.

Discuss.

Well, glad I decided to get the Defense Grid pack during the Halloween sale since it isn't on sale at all right now.  It skipped the summer sale too.

Looks like I got a copy of State of Decay YOSE despite already owning it, not sure why they thought I needed another copy of it but I'll take it.

Apropos of nothing "on-topic," I got an email a little while ago that Sony is selling a 1Tb PS4 bundle during "Black Friday" for $200.

Discuss.
Buy the PS4 Pro for $300. It has the same storage space, but much better graphics and more power. It was $300 on Black Friday last year, and will most likely drop to this price permanently mid 2020.

Chances are that people who've waited this long to buy a PS4 won't be getting a PS5 for $500 on release on 11/20/20. Games like God of War, Nioh, the entire Uncharted series, and Horizon are all each $10 currently at a bunch of different retailers, too. So you could buy this and have a collection of great games for pretty cheap.

Has anyone ever tried using one of the Vanilla Visa gift cards to order from Gamersgate? When I go to checkout through the Paypal credit/debit portal, my payment gets declined with error code 10486. I'm assuming it's because the site is international, but it would be nice if I'm able to use this payment method.

Buy the PS4 Pro for $300. It has the same storage space, but much better graphics and more power. It was $300 on Black Friday last year, and will most likely drop to this price permanently mid 2020.

Chances are that people who've waited this long to buy a PS4 won't be getting a PS5 for $500 on release on 11/20/20. Games like God of War, Nioh, the entire Uncharted series, and Horizon are all each $10 currently at a bunch of different retailers, too. So you could buy this and have a collection of great games for pretty cheap.
Hm. Interesting, but I don't know if I feel like spending $300 on it at the moment. If you think the Pro is better to have than the standard 4, wouldn't it make just as much sense to see what kind of sales they put on the Pro in the lead up to the release of the 5?

Speaking as more of a console than a PC gamer (and therefore someone who tends to watch these BF console bundles), I’ve lost some faith in good sales before the arrival of a new console. It’s not impossible, but it seems to be rarer than you might expect. I could easily see a decent Black Friday Pro bundle going for $250 by the end of 2021–maybe even next year—, but I’m less sure of whether we’ll ever see it new for $200.

That said, as someone who doesn’t care a great deal about graphical fidelity, I’ve been pleased with the PS4 slim I’ve had for the last couple of years. The non-pro performance hit I’ve seen in most games that are significantly impacted by it seems to drop anti-aliasing and resolution (a bit) rather than FPS or significant effects. And the 1TB slim bundle does seem pretty tempting for someone who doesn’t already own a PS4–I assume we’re talking about the one that comes with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and TLoU? I mean, granted, you could probably grab those games for like $30 total over the BF period, so they’re not a huge incentive, but at least the pack-ins have a more universal appeal than some BF bundles I’ve seen in the past.

If you’re in no rush, though, you might consider waiting. Occasionally you find these BF bundles getting priced lower after BF—sometimes even after Christmas—in order to clear stock, and if you really don’t mind playing the long game, I imagine the Pro will be bundled for $250 or less by the end of 2021, and the slim for $150 or less by the same date.

Speaking as more of a console than a PC gamer (and therefore someone who tends to watch these BF console bundles), I’ve lost some faith in good sales before the arrival of a new console. It’s not impossible, but it seems to be rarer than you might expect. I could easily see a decent Black Friday Pro bundle going for $250 by the end of 2021–maybe even next year—, but I’m less sure of whether we’ll ever see it new for $200.

That said, as someone who doesn’t care a great deal about graphical fidelity, I’ve been pleased with the PS4 slim I’ve had for the last couple of years. The non-pro performance hit I’ve seen in most games that are significantly impacted by it seems to drop anti-aliasing and resolution (a bit) rather than FPS or significant effects. And the 1TB slim bundle does seem pretty tempting for someone who doesn’t already own a PS4–I assume we’re talking about the one that comes with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and TLoU? I mean, granted, you could probably grab those games for like $30 total over the BF period, so they’re not a huge incentive, but at least the pack-ins have a more universal appeal than some BF bundles I’ve seen in the past.

If you’re in no rush, though, you might consider waiting. Occasionally you find these BF bundles getting priced lower after BF—sometimes even after Christmas—in order to clear stock, and if you really don’t mind playing the long game, I imagine the Pro will be bundled for $250 or less by the end of 2021, and the slim for $150 or less by the same date.
Yes, that's the one. And, no, I'm not in any particular hurry. Still a PC gamer at heart and an XBONE gamer when I'm too lazy or tired to sit at the computer.

Sekiro on PC is $25, plus bullshit tax, at Amazon and Best Buy. Physical copy, so probably just a code in a box, but still better than the current digital offerings. Used some bing bux since I've seen zero reason to get in on any of the Steam-ing "deals".

Sekiro on PC is $25, plus bullshit tax, at Amazon and Best Buy. Physical copy, so probably just a code in a box, but still better than the current digital offerings. Used some bing bux since I've seen zero reason to get in on any of the Steam-ing "deals".
Also amz is taking physical trade-in's for $19.60. Look for the button on the top right of the item page. It might not get approved since it's a cardboard "disc" inside but I'm giving it a shot. Happy Thanksgiving, cags!

Bethesda Sale on Gamersgate:

https://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/id/10582/

Some stuff on sale:

Note:

There's a bunch of Bethesda games on sale here.

So if you see anything you find notable on sale here (especially if Historic Lows), let me know; I'll just edit & add it to the list.

My mother told me she wanted a Kohl's doorbuster online deal on a vacuum and I think she goes to bed at like 8:30 pm or something so I said I would try to get that for her and while waiting for the deal to go live I browsed threads here and ended up buying a bunch of blurays from BestBuy.  See this is why I was going to ignore black friday this year, I just randomly buy shit.  Oh well, I'm a weirdo who doesn't use any streaming services so at least I'll have something to watch.  

GOG Black Friday sale is in effect. There are some all-time-low prices in the flash sales. Anno 1404 Gold Edition is $1.49 - the North American title for this game is Dawn of Discovery and includes the expansion. Most of the Heroes of Might & Magic games are just 99 cents.

Towards the bottom of the page, on the lefthand side is "Highest discounts", a list of games that are 90% off. It includes Divinity 2 for $1.99, Dragon Commander for $3.99, and a pinball compilation for 0.59.

Don't underestimate my stupidity.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am thankful for having all of your sorry asses in my life and that 1x1 still equals 2!!!
BV2iFhw.gif

I bought the $379 acer predator ips monitor, is this the best deal for a monitor this week ? or should i be looking at something else? i only have a 1060 pc but if i can play at 75 fps like normal with no tearing and ips colors seems like a bargain to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-bmiprz-2560x1440/dp/B06ZXZ3QBD

Fist of Awesome is free on Steam for a limited time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/305070/FIST_OF_AWESOME/
i think this is a free to play game, but thanks for the heads up

Glad to see people here are FIGHTING THE WAR ON THANKSGIVING! Wait, I mean FIGHTING THE WAR AGAINST THE WAR ON THANKSGIVING! It's HAPPY THANKSGIVING people! It's a beautiful thing. Anything else just means you're unAmerican and a NEVER TRUMPCATTER!!

Yeah they were pretty bad games. I settled for a couple, but I'm saving my other choices to see if something better shows up. I think I picked some racing game called Gas Guzzlers and Warhammer Vermintide.

bread's done
Back