Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Hm. Sounds mildly tempting. Unlike many folks, I enjoyed KoA back in the day, but if this expansion business requires starting over. . . well, I'd probably just as soon play something new.
I really liked KoA as well. It had its fair share of issues, but was ultimately an enjoyable experience for me. I haven't played it since I got it at launch back in 2012 so I'm happy to go through it again 8 years later.

Also I never actually got around to buying the DLC previously so I have that to look forward to as well.

Remember when you could go to Taco Bell, pay $5 and eat for a week?

Pepperidge Farm I remember.

I also remember $.78/gallon gas.

And Bernoulli drives.

And Adventure on tape on my TI-99/4A.
As a child being able to fill the tank basically out of the change you had laying around in the car in the 90's and still have enough for mcdonalds or something. Good times. It's amazing how much prices have increased for some stuff in the last 20 something years.

Wouldn’t it need to serve actual food for that to be true?
Well there is Baja blast icy things assuming that counts. And I think they have pastries of some sort? Like a turnover and a cookie. I dunno I haven't been in a taco bell in a long time since there isn't one in my city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you have the full game I'll ask you. Does the Black Widow have a Russian accent in the finale version?
I only played her in the first mission, but my fuzzy recollection says, "no." I'm pretty sure it's just Laura Bailey doing Laura Bailey's voice. I'm not 100% certain that I've ever heard her do an accent of any kind.

So it looks like THQ Nordic finally addressed what they plan to do for previous owners of Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam when the re-release comes out next week.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1041720/discussions/0/2950376208531890295/

If you own the original game on Steam you will get a 50% discount on the re-release. And this will stack with the launch 10% discount they're going to be doing as well. Also, this applies to the base game (MSRP $39.99) or the Fate Edition (MSRP $54.99), which is the bundle that will include the brand new expansion when it releases next year. This offer will run for two months.

This deal does not apply to people who own the game on Origin though.
Will wait for inevitable bundle fodder. The graphical changes aren't that noticeable never mind the fact it doesn't seem like they did anything to address the content/gameplay issues. I got the original for $5 and one of the DLC for a fraction of that (the DLC was not worth it particularly considering you are grossly overpowered half-way through the base game). $20 for a tepid graphical update? No thanks.

Saw this and thought it was appropriate... but then I decided to make a CAG version...

CAG Version

PJLNDDP.jpg

Original

ZUiIEP9.jpg

Time for me to play the original Kingdoms of Amalur for maybe an hour to at least try it to see when I run and get the remaster when it is like 3 dollars or after being bundled. I only have it on Origin though so no discount there.

Time for me to play the original Kingdoms of Amalur for maybe an hour to at least try it to see when I run and get the remaster when it is like 3 dollars or after being bundled. I only have it on Origin though so no discount there.
An hour is all you need to see everything the game has to offer. Just play that hour and then forget you ever even heard of it.

Serious question, if one does not have a 4K screen is there any point in watching a video like this?
I think this is aimed to get people to move over to 4K.

Namely, move over to 4K video cards (like these 3070, 3080, 3090 cards) and 4K monitors.

I'm sure many like myself who are at 1080p or 1440p who are at 2000 series or lower are saying "I like my high refresh-rates, why do I want to go 4K and lose performance?"

Can't say that now. 4K at high refresh rates are here w/ 3000 series.

I'm sure there are those who have been waiting for high-refresh rates at 4K. NVidia's saying: "It's finally here. Go get our new card."

It's obvious - showing off high refresh-rates (60fps+) at 4K is the purpose of the video. NVidia achieved it. Hell, they blew it away...and then some (120-180fps in this video at 4K).

For those who just give a damn about performance and don't care about 4K - with this running at say 120-180fps for 4K, can you imagine what this will run at 1080p? or 1440p?

It'll likely run even better than this, at lower than 4K res's. I would guess that 200fps-300fps could be achievable w/ this game, with the 3080.

I'd love to see Assassin's Creed Odyssey or something like that running on 3070's or 3080's.

My question is moreso, if you don't have a monitor capable of 4K or 144hz, do you really see anything in a vid like that?  Isn't it like listening to surround sound demos on headphones?

Hi all hope you're doing well,

random update: still playing assassin's creed origins. still enjoying it. the gameplay loop is very repetitive but satisfying imo. easily my favorite AC game i think (isn't saying much i typically think they are the most middling boring games you can possibly make), like a 7.75/10 or so. 

it's just bullshit hype marketing to get people to buy overly expensive graphics cards, the technical points are mere semantics. if they really want people to buy new cards, they should post 3d mark scores with the old cards compared to the new ones.

Serious question, if one does not have a 4K screen is there any point in watching a video like this?
I think this is aimed to get people to move over to 4K.

Namely, move over to 4K video cards (like these 3070, 3080, 3090 cards) and 4K monitors.

I'm sure many like myself who are at 1080p or 1440p who are at 2000 series or lower are saying "I like my high refresh-rates, why do I want to go 4K and lose performance?"

Can't say that now. 4K at high refresh rates are here w/ 3000 series.

I'm sure there are those who have been waiting for high-refresh rates at 4K. NVidia's saying: "It's finally here. Go get our new card."

It's obvious - showing off high refresh-rates (60fps+) at 4K is the purpose of the video. NVidia achieved it. Hell, they blew it away...and then some (120-180fps in this video at 4K).

For those who just give a damn about performance and don't care about 4K - with this running at say 120-180fps for 4K, can you imagine what this will run at 1080p? or 1440p?
It'll likely run even better than this, at lower than 4K res's. I would guess that 200fps-300fps could be achievable w/ this game, with the 3080.

I'd love to see Assassin's Creed Odyssey or something like that running on 3070's or 3080's.
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

hey guys, the Tony Hawk game plays exactly like the old games, or rather, how i remember they played. i'm sure if u played them on original hardware they'd play differently, but hey, nostalgia is a hell of a thing. anyways, i'd recommend fakeybroing if you enjoyed the originals. coupon does work, btw.

hey guys, the Tony Hawk game plays exactly like the old games, or rather, how i remember they played. i'm sure if u played them on original hardware they'd play differently, but hey, nostalgia is a hell of a thing. anyways, i'd recommend fakeybroing if you enjoyed the originals. coupon does work, btw.
On that gameplay front: sounds awesome. I loved THPS1+2 back in the day, on my PSX.

So, how's the new music tracks in here going w/ the gameplay? Does it fit well? THPS1+2's music was so iconic, back in the day; one of the better licensed OST's back then.

So, how's the new music tracks in here going w/ the gameplay? Does it fit well? THPS1+2's music was so iconic, back in the day; one of the better licensed OST's back then.
can't say about the new tracks. i've basically memorized the original soundtrack, and can sing along when one comes on. when i hear a song i don't know, i'm like, "huh, never heard that one." they seem fine.

I know GTA games from GTA3 up to even GTA5 have a MP3 station, where you can load MP3 right into a folder. Then you select MP3 station and it'll just play what tracks you got in there.

Does THPS1+2 have a MP3 station?

B/c having the new soundtrack and the old one altogether - that'd be pretty awesome.

It's funny listening to ya'll banter back and forth about video cards when I remember having to buy an audio card just to get things to work properly.  Granted it only set me back $150 back then.... but that was something. 

My first was a x286 upgraded to a 486DX2 which I then bought a Pentium 90 kit for about $200 to upgrade back in the day.  I remember seeing a 16Mb stick of RAM and drooling (it was around 4-500 at the time).

It's funny listening to ya'll banter back and forth about video cards when I remember having to buy an audio card just to get things to work properly. Granted it only set me back $150 back then.... but that was something.

My first was a x286 upgraded to a 486DX2 which I then bought a Pentium 90 kit for about $200 to upgrade back in the day. I remember seeing a 16Mb stick of RAM and drooling (it was around 4-500 at the time).
Hey, AMD is putting out Ryzen chips nowadays with integrated graphics good enough to run lower end games so if my dream comes true, you could potentially make a gaming build with no card at some point in the future.

It's funny listening to ya'll banter back and forth about video cards when I remember having to buy an audio card just to get things to work properly. Granted it only set me back $150 back then.... but that was something.

My first was a x286 upgraded to a 486DX2 which I then bought a Pentium 90 kit for about $200 to upgrade back in the day. I remember seeing a 16Mb stick of RAM and drooling (it was around 4-500 at the time).
I remember having audio cards (Sound Blaster-based) from W95 to....I want to say when Carmack's Reverse went down with Doom 3?

And pretty much, I think that was my last PC with a real (Sound Blaster) sound card, was on my Windows 98 PC, I think?

My new desktop 2005 PC in early 2005 didn't have a sound card, which was on Win XP - and haven't had an audio card on any PC since. Been using mostly integrated RealTek sound cards since. Instead of buying a sound card, I just threw more $ at CPU and/or video cards.

Hey, AMD is putting out Ryzen chips nowadays with integrated graphics good enough to run lower end games so if my dream comes true, you could potentially make a gaming build with no card at some point in the future.
Curious: what video card are you using these days to run games?

Granted, I really don't follow the integrated graphics stuff like I probably should: but if say AMD or Intel could get modern games (yes, even demanding games like AC Odyssey) running at 1080p60fps on integrated cards at Medium settings, that would be very interesting.

Curious: what video card are you using these days to run games?

Granted, I really don't follow the integrated graphics stuff like I probably should: but if say AMD or Intel could get modern games (yes, even demanding games like AC Odyssey) running at 1080p60fps on integrated cards at Medium settings, that would be very interesting.
I'm using an RX580 right now. But integrated graphics are advancing:

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/amd-vs-intel-integrated-graphics

They tested at 720p, but they also tested newer/more demanding games. I'd be curious how well the AMD APUs would run games a little older.

Since we're all walking down hardware memory lane, I remember seeing my first 50 MB drive, god knows what speed it spun at, in this mom and pop 'puter store where I grew up. I recall thinking that I'd never be able to fill up that much space with whatever stupid thing kids did with computers back then. That place also had the first laptop I'd ever seen, on display and under glass, with a sign that said something to the effect of "only serious adult purchasers may touch". Shit was the size of a VCR and probably weighed as much as a 5 year old child.

They tested at 720p, but they also tested newer/more demanding games. I'd be curious how well the AMD APUs would run games a little older.
there are many videos on youtube that have tested. they run "ESPORTS" games just fine. it's the high end stuff where it struggles. and that's fine. i' guessing most of us here run a dedicated graphics card anyways, and don't plan on running integrated graphics/apu's, at least on our main rigs anytime soon.

bread's done
Back