Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Intel 10400 + MSI Z490-A Pro ($262)

-or-

Ryzen 3100 + MSI B550 Gaming Plus ($224 + $30 Steam Gift Card from MSI)
Ultimately I would opt for whichever platform you'd rather be on going forward. To me, this sounds like am4. I bought at 3100 near launch and think it's a great chip, even relative to 3600's at msrp. I've literally never seen a 3300x in stock at msrp, so I wouldn't even factor that. Plus it's cheaper and oc'able as opposed to the locked intel chip. If it puts you in a more desirable position down the road I would do that. Negligible difference with a 580 between the two anyway.

As an overclocker, this is my favorite cheap am4 board. True 6-phase vrm with 60a power stages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimately I would opt for whichever platform you'd rather be on going forward. To me, this sounds like am4. I bought at 3100 near launch and think it's a great chip, even relative to 3600's at msrp. I've literally never seen a 3300x in stock at msrp, so I wouldn't even factor that. Plus it's cheaper and oc'able as opposed to the locked intel chip. If it puts you in a more desirable position down the road I would do that. Negligible difference with a 580 between the two anyway.

As an overclocker, this is my favorite cheap am4 board. True 6-phase vrm with 60a power stages.
I would absolutely prefer AM4/B550 at this point, even if the 5xxx series is going to be a dead end. Not sure if there will be any significant advantages to having PCIe 4.0 down the road but it would be nice to have it just in case.

But for the time being, am I correct to think that the R3 3100 will be a noticeable (if unexciting) step up from a 2500K, even if its only paired with an RX 580? As long as my minimum framerates improve and games play more smoothly, I'd be happy.

I would absolutely prefer AM4/B550 at this point, even if the 5xxx series is going to be a dead end. Not sure if there will be any significant advantages to having PCIe 4.0 down the road but it would be nice to have it just in case.

But for the time being, am I correct to think that the R3 3100 will be a noticeable (if unexciting) step up from a 2500K, even if its only paired with an RX 580? As long as my minimum framerates improve and games play more smoothly, I'd be happy.
Seems like nowadays you can find a youtube video for anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFARRWtqCJM

Alright, back for more help and now with a decision to make: Which of these CPU/motherboard combos would probably be best in the long run?

Intel 10400 + MSI Z490-A Pro ($262)

-or-

Ryzen 3100 + MSI B550 Gaming Plus ($224 + $30 Steam Gift Card from MSI)

The Ryzen combo is actually what I wanted initially before the 3100 went OOS at BB last week (just came back in). The 10400 is obviously better now but I like the B550 board a lot more (PCIe 4.0, more rear USB). I like the upgrade path for AMD as well, assuming they eventually get their inventory issues sorted. I'm guessing with an RX 580 for the next year I wouldn't notice much if any difference between the two CPUs.

So yeah, leaning Ryzen to save a few bucks and have a better upgrade path but I also like the idea of just going with the 10400 and not worrying about another upgrade for the next 3-4 years.

Someone please talk me into one of these two so I can finally stop stressing about it.
Looks like the 3100 is oos again. I'm trying to replace my 2600K as well and have everything but the cpu. I missed the $155 price for a 3600, and would've jumped on the 3100 to get it built while I wait for a 5600.

So, how is everybody's GOG and Steam Hauls going?

Find any good hidden gems or anything in these sales?
I've been half-fakeybroing/half CAGing. Picked up The Suffering 1 + 2 from GOG, Evil Within 1 + SP from GMG, and Control and Death Stranding from GMG.

My main highlight was discovering Playstation Now works on PC and works pretty well. I tried the trial and didn't notice any issues with streaming and playing. Went ahead and bought a year of PSNow from Eneba for $35. They have Until Dawn and Days Gone on the service, which are 2/3 games that had me on the edge about possibly buying a PS4. The other one is Last of Us II which I hope gets added to PSNow during the next year. Saved me $200 on a PS4. I'm almost done with Until Dawn (Chapter 10) and have been loving every minute of it. I do recommend having a DS4 with the service since some games make use of the touchpad (Until Dawn) and you can't get past even the tutorial without it. I have two DS4s and a DS4 USB adapter so I'm set.

I doubt Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2 Bundle and Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition are hidden gems, but I finally gave in and picked them up.

Bought Last Year to Bro-night and Contrast to admire my 3080's RTX performance. Also a year's worth of discounted Game Pass Ultimate and a (still unredeemed) year of PS Now to stream on the PC. No sense in starting the clock on that one until after Cyberpunk 2077.

Haven't bought any games so far.  Figure I'd wait until the Holiday Sale where the deals will 99% be the same and they might offer some kind of promo if you buy X games.

Autumn Sale 2020 Haul:

GOG:

Drakensang: The Dark Eye

The Suffering: Ties That Bind

Stranglehold (starring Chow Yun Fat)

Steam:

Sunset Overdrive

FATE: The Soul Traitor

I've bought a few newer games lately but it was stuff I expect to play in the next few weeks (World of Horror,  Slasher's Keep) and since I have done better lately about actually playing games that I buy, I think that makes more sense than more random stuff that has been on my wishlist for a long time on Steam.  If I was likely to play it soon wouldn't I have already bought it?  

Fox got some crossbow game that looks like something I would actually play since it is an arena time-attack game, perfect for 20 minutes here and there.  I might get it and I'll probably get it a couple of solitaire games I almost bought last sale and maybe some dlc for stuff I already have. 

Most of the rest of the stuff I have wishlisted would be way down my priorities list and I am slowly learning to avoid buying that stuff just because it finally hit 70% off or whatever.  Need for Speed: Heat, Doom Eternal and Death Stranding all tempt me but I already have more than one backlogged racing game, never finished Doom 2016 and Death Stranding would probably place 3 or 4 on the list of games I want to play right now so it would just be backlogged too.  I can revisit all three of those over the Christmas sale and if I have knocked some stuff off my backlog and they are on sale as cheap again, I can reconsider.  I had The Suffering games and some other stuff in a GOG cart but I asked myself if I'd play them soon or even likely in the next year and honestly, no.  So I dumped the cart.  

I'd be better off fakeying something I have some immediate desire to play like Baldur's Gate 3 or Fenyx Rising (yeah, yeah no need to rehash the Ubi-formula discussion but there is a Stadia demo and the game is damn fun) rather than buying two dozen super cheap games that look interesting but will join the literally hundreds of other interesting-looking games that I haven't played yet and will likely see bundled or 1/2 the price I paid for them before they do get played.   

Hades is the only other super-tempting game and I actually hate to get it because I WOULD play it, probably nothing but it for weeks and I'd like to keep working on my backlog of games.   I'll probably buy it anyway.

But I strongly encourage all of you to go crazy and post your hauls.  I'll hoard vicariously through the rest of you.  

For me just newer game releases I was already going to get, and waiting for English translations for visual novels too, but buying the game on sale (Sekai why do you do this to me!).

Amairo Chocolate
Return to Shironagasu Island
NEKOPARA Vol. 4

Going to buy Cyberpunk 2077 as well on PC. Any places having a good pre-order discount?

In terms of PC games, I wasn’t gonna pick up anything, but I got pressured by a friend to grab Code Vein, which I’d already decided against getting, so that we could play together.

Let this be a lesson, folks, friends don’t let friends have friends.

Although I suppose if you want to count it I picked up the current Choice bundle, too.

Outside of PC games, I grabbed a couple PS4 games, a flashlight, some lightning cables, a bluetooth transmitter/receiver, and the Steven Spielberg Director’s Collection.

Going to buy Cyberpunk 2077 as well on PC. Any places having a good pre-order discount?
CDKeys has it for $5 off (they say $10 but are basing that off an inflated MSRP of $65). Once upon a time it was as low as $38 but I assume the current hype is sufficient to sell copies even at $55.

For me just newer game releases I was already going to get, and waiting for English translations for visual novels too, but buying the game on sale (Sekai why do you do this to me!).

Amairo Chocolate
Return to Shironagasu Island
NEKOPARA Vol. 4

If you don’t care about the +1, it’s $50 on GOG.

Looks like 8GB RTX 3060 Ti's are showing up for Pre-Orders on Websites and is coming January 2, 2021.

Already up on EVGA's site for $440...and already sold out:

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family

Best Buy has some listed for $400-470 for Jan. 2, 2021:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=%223060+Ti%22&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Fox got some crossbow game that looks like something I would actually play since it is an arena time-attack game, perfect for 20 minutes here and there. I might get it and I'll probably get it a couple of solitaire games I almost bought last sale and maybe some dlc for stuff I already have.
I was going to post my thoughts, but then saw you already bought it on Steam. It's fun. It's tough. Best I've done is 100ish seconds, good enough for 1052 in the world! Been trying for top 1000 since with no luck. It's the same level, same spawns so you can memorize it to an extent. Once enough enemies spawn it doesn't matter though. You'll be kiting for your dear life. It's like Serious Sam arena time-attack.

Weird, I just happened to notice it the other day and figured it was because it was CDPR, but I double checked just now and it’s definitely showing as $49.99 for me.
Curiouser and curiouser. I even logged into GOG thinking maybe it was some "hidden" price for account holders but still $60 and ITAD shows $60 for me as well. I guess GOG just hates me (or like you). I guess anyone interested should check GOG first though just to see.

Do you have a coupon or credit from some promotion they did that's causing the price decrease? Are you visiting the site from a country other than the US? Does CD Projekt Red somehow know about all of the posters you have of Polish Powerhouse Ivan Putski plastered on your walls?

Been waiting for this card but at $400 for the founders card and $450 for 3rd party... For a 60 SERIES card??? I just can't. It's mind-boggling. My $179 RX480 in 2016 continues to be the best deal in PC gaming history. Why can't a new card exist that doubles its performance in the $200 range after 4 and a half years??

3060 Ti Reviews are up. Check your favorite sites like bluesnews, Youtube, IGN, etc etc.

Basically, sounds like it's real good...if you have 900 or 1000 series cards (or lower).

Info:

- 3060 Ti doesn't sound too far behind the 3070 (11-15% at stock; even closer b/t the two cards if you OC it).

- 3060 Ti beats the 2080 Ti at $400 in many instances.

- Steve (of GamersNexus) thinks if you're on a 2000 card, wait a gen or so to upgrade...unless you're doing a higher res' and/or everything RTX'd.

Linus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGyWz866AoM

GamersNexus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9H2PfYDFok

EDIT:

Been waiting for this card but at $400 for the founders card and $450 for 3rd party... For a 60 SERIES card??? I just can't. It's mind-boggling. My $179 RX480 in 2016 continues to be the best deal in PC gaming history. Why can't a new card exist that doubles its performance in the $200 range after 4 and a half years??
Everything feels like it's more expensive and/or doing some kind of price gouging.

Curious - do you have a 4GB or 8GB version of the RX 480?
These cards literally in one gen just did what's a usual 2 gen' jump, performance-wise.

They did push the goal posts ahead quite a bit here. If you want high framerates; RTX support & DLSS 2.0 support; a better res' (like say 1440p or 4K with good performance); and/or a combo of all of those - well, Nvidia's making everyone pay big time for it.

And NVidia's making us pay an arm & a leg for it...b/c they think they can.

I have the 4gb card. I can play MS Flight Simulator at 1440p at medium settings at 30+ fps with it still, and division 2 at 1440p at 60fps and medium-high settings. Rediculous that a suitable midrange upgrade for this card still can't be found under $300 new 4.5 years post launch. Heck, new rx580s are still around $200 years later!

Guess the good news is that at this pace, if I did buy a 3060ti it will last me 4+ years!!

complete waste.

again this is why people are buying 3080's.

they're almost the price of a $499 RTX 3070, and boy are they not going to age well for that kind of money.

Do you have a coupon or credit from some promotion they did that's causing the price decrease?
Nope, and it’s in the front page banner ad, too, which makes it seem like it should be universal.

Are you visiting the site from a country other than the US?
Nah, not even a VPN.

Does CD Projekt Red somehow know about all of the posters you have of Polish Powerhouse Ivan Putski plastered on your walls?
...shit, I think maybe they hacked my webcam.

complete waste.

again this is why people are buying 3080's.

they're almost the price of a $499 RTX 3070, and boy are they not going to age well for that kind of money.
Yup, we've got another generation of video cards where you get upsold into the next performance tier. But hey, its the new "ultimate 1080p" video card... for $400+. Thats $100 more than 11 months ago with the 5600XT and 2060S.

Nvidia: Hey, here's a card that gives you superior performance to the $700 RTX 2080 Super for just over half the price

Gamers: How come this card isn't $75?? I once bought a Voodoo2 from a newspaper ad for $50 and used it for 12 years.  Such a scam.

Nvidia: Hey, here's a card that gives you superior performance to the $700 RTX 2080 Super for less than 60% of the price

Gamers: How come this card isn't $75?? I once bought a Voodoo2 from a newspaper ad for $50 and used it for 12 years. Such a scam.
I wish I still had my old 3dfx card. Check out used prices on eBay... Like 40% of the 60% of the 2070 super.

Any of you guys happen to try to get a 3060TI?  I was not trying, but I happened to be up when they dropped and checked to see and sold out instantly, another paper launch.  Also, the third party cards on Newegg were $470-499.  Absolutely ridiculous.  "low end" cards with last generations "high end" performance at last generations "high end" prices!  Deal of the century there!  But everyone laps it up because the Nvidia paper launches has everyone desperate for a card, any card.

I bit on Diablo for 25% off at gog. Apparently it was worth $7.50 not to plug up my external dvd drive. Admittedly, I have already recouped the cost in both entertainment and nostalgia value. 20 years has been a long time...

AMD is no better. Just like I predicted, Nvidia jacking up the prices just led AMD to do the same.
Nah. AMD's always had worse tech in each generation and had to compete on price. Now that they have relatively competing tech (assuming you don't want half-decent ray tracing) they figure they can charge more. And their launch was worse than Nvidia's. At least I know a few people with 3000 series cards.

Nah. AMD's always had worse tech in each generation and had to compete on price. Now that they have relatively competing tech (assuming you don't want half-decent ray tracing) they figure they can charge more. And their launch was worse than Nvidia's. At least I know a few people with 3000 series cards.
How many months after the paper launch did you get to know these people?

bread's done
Back