Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Never been through that myself. But given the circumstances and the fact that you have evidence, I see no reason why they wouldn't either (a) give you a full refund and cover all return shipping costs, even if the monitor wasn't listed as having "Free Returns", or (b) replace it immediately with another unit. Either way I'd probably insist they expedite shipment of a new one for your troubles.
Like I said, it was the official first-party Amazon, with the usual return policy and everything (and I am a Prime member as well), so there shouldn't be any problem returning it.

Except of course that I'll need to sit around waiting for UPS to come pick it up tomorrow. The display port cable I ordered with it I can drop off at my neighborhood Whole Foods but I guess the monitor is too big for them to accept it there. And for some reason they won't let UPS pick it up in the same trip with the monitor, without charging me extra, so lucky me I get to make another trip!

After reporting the fraud all they've told me is "the item may be unavailable for purchase for a while", probably just the stock message because their usual procedure for this is to lock the seller's posting and investigate, but in this case the seller is first-party Amazon so not sure how much "investigating" will take place. Maybe they'll give a strike to whatever wholesaler Amazon sourced the item from. Like I said, I don't have reason to assume that Amazon knew they were sending me a return-item, it could just as easily be they sourced it from someone who fraudulently represented to Amazon that it was new stock, and Amazon doesn't bother doing any decent quality control on where they source these items from.

The item itself went out of stock a couple days after I ordered it, so I think I'm SOL getting a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how accurate it is, but I've read that Amazon will sometimes use stock from third party sellers utilizing Fullfilled By Amazon to ship out items sold as "Sold by Amazon" if it'll speed up shipping, as long as it (should) match condition.  Could be what happened.

Bought a new monitor from Amazon.

When it arrived, the box had clearly been shoddily re-taped closed. Opened it up and noticed a roughly folded together piece of printer paper, page 2/2 with the first page torn off. It was an Amazon return authorization slip from a month ago. Set up the monitor and plugged it in, power supply started chirping, and the monitor wouldn't turn on.

I'm 100% certain I was sold a monitor as new that someone else had already returned to Amazon as defective.

From what I can tell, "Amazon.com Services LLC" is indeed Amazon themselves and not some shady third-party impersonating Amazon. I would guess this most likely means they sourced it from some shady third-party who bought up returns and then sold them back to Amazon as new.

I've definitely heard of Amazon, even Amazon themselves not third-party sellers on Amazon, selling knockoff counterfeit and return items as new before. Anyone ever pursue this kind of incident with any luck?
That's the Amazon with limited liability.

Sucks that the return is a hassle.  I was thinking "That blows but at least you can dump it at Kohls and get your money back right away" but sounds as though they found a way to make the return a pain in the ass as well.

Sucks that the return is a hassle. I was thinking "That blows but at least you can dump it at Kohls and get your money back right away" but sounds as though they found a way to make the return a pain in the ass as well.
That's the thing about Amazon. Everything about the experience is so superior, from the returns to being able to track the Amazon delivery truck like an Uber on its way to you. Except for the products themselves: they're chock-full with counterfeit and shady vendors, and if you console yourself "well I'll just buy only Sold by Amazon" you're only fooling yourself.

is this the first freebie where you have to install the game to get whatever? if so, something something jump the shark
Judging from the furry garbage they have scheduled for next week, yeah looks like Epic might have finally run out of money for these giveaways.

BmvE7qV.gif

The desk looks nice, but it not being height-adjustable means I won't be getting it. Feels so good to stand up every once in a while. All these Twitch streamers who sit on their asses for literally their entire day will have a hard time with cardiovascular disease as they get older.

Can anyone suggest a good resource to learn about how to start with Linux gaming?  Several months ago, I formatted a used computer that they tossed out at my workplace with Kubuntu, but I was never able to figure out how to get any games to run on it.  I'd still like to try though.

The desk looks nice, but it not being height-adjustable means I won't be getting it. Feels so good to stand up every once in a while. All these Twitch streamers who sit on their asses for literally their entire day will have a hard time with cardiovascular disease as they get older.
My height adjustable IKEA desk, plus a shelf to hold my monitors, and the cable management rack under it cost $150+ less than that thing.

[attachment=35551:IMG_20180106_183116.jpg]

Pretty surprised to find that PC is the only way to play Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition if you don’t have access to a PS3, Xbox 360 or Vita (not compatible with newer systems) ... and Steam doesn’t even sell it anymore. Luckily had a copy in my library. I recall it being a subpar port ... but it’s still better than nothing. I wonder what other major titles are stuck in backwards compatibility limbo like that.

Pretty surprised to find that PC is the only way to play Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition if you don’t have access to a PS3, Xbox 360 or Vita (not compatible with newer systems) ... and Steam doesn’t even sell it anymore. Luckily had a copy in my library. I recall it being a subpar port ... but it’s still better than nothing. I wonder what other major titles are stuck in backwards compatibility limbo like that.
I was fortunate at the time to find Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - Steam version on cdkeys.com sometime last year ago when it was on sale for $3 or $4 dollars. Then downloaded one of the mods that unlocks all the unplayable bosses & mystery characters, etc to be playable characters.

Right now at the moment cdkeys.com selling the Steam version for $14.59 (prices variate/change at cdkeys.com at anytime especially the same day in some cases)

https://www.cdkeys.com/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-pc-steam-cd-key

There's the link for those who haven't downloaded it or Missed out on the chance of getting the PC version of this game when it was available buy from Steam.

Had a hiccup getting it to launch on Steam, but once I got past that, it actually runs pretty great. Supports wide screen and most of its in HD. Also great if you just watched the movie and want a lead in for the story in X and 11.

Can anyone suggest a good resource to learn about how to start with Linux gaming? Several months ago, I formatted a used computer that they tossed out at my workplace with Kubuntu, but I was never able to figure out how to get any games to run on it. I'd still like to try though.

Given that MK9 has licensed characters in it, this doesn't surprise me.

Same goes for MK10 and MK11 - when you see licensed stuff in a game, buy it while you can; especially if it's dirt cheap (i.e. 75% off or $10 or less). Licenses eventually die.

Supposedly, Freddy Kruger's license is back w/ Wes Craven's estate and is no longer is in WB's hands - https://www.pcgamer.com/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-removed-from-steam/

They (WB) either should go re-up the license or just pull the character from the game for owners that bought the game after the reversion date.

Or...they could remaster the game again for everyone...without Freddy.

I had a couple friends over last night and we watched the new Mortal Kombat on HBO Max.  10/10, guilty pleasure Movie of the Year.  :applause:

love hearing all the criticism from non-fans that never played a Mortal Kombat game though.

I had a couple friends over last night and we watched the new Mortal Kombat on HBO Max. 10/10, guilty pleasure Movie of the Year. :applause:

love hearing all the criticism from non-fans that never played a Mortal Kombat game though.
I watched it last Friday night, and even though I wasn't a huge MK fan, I loved it.

For anyone that enjoyed the movie but hasn’t played the games since the original arcade games, Mortal Kombat 9 / Mortal Kombat Komplete edition basically picks up right after where the movie ended and swaps Johnny Cage in for Cole (which will most likely happen in the next movie anyway). Highly recommend finding a copy on PC, like the link Shadow posted.

Just wanted to say that I'm in love with Returnal and I hope it comes to PC before I die. Luckily I just got fully vaccinated so the chances of me squeaking out a few more years just increased by about 2-3%.

Saints Row: The Third - Remastered is coming to Steam on May 22nd:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/saints-row-the-third/steam
I had a great time with that game when it came out, and the enhanced edition sure does seem to have a number of improvements. Despite all that, I don't think I have any desire to play it again. It's a pretty lengthy game if you like to complete everything and there are plenty of new games in the open world genre now.

Not to mention... that price. Yeow.

I had a couple friends over last night and we watched the new Mortal Kombat on HBO Max. 10/10, guilty pleasure Movie of the Year. :applause:

Saw MK 2021 Movie last weekend, when it launched on HBO Max.

Mixed review incoming.

Great action & special effects, yet a total mess of a story/plot/characters & that stuff - as in typical video game-to-movie translation. Not much gets developed, in the latter stuff. No tournament occurs - nothing really of high stakes even occurs; so it probably should've been called MK: Origins, TBH.

Thank God that the movie flew b/c it's loaded w/ action - since the rest of frustrating. For me, there was frustration of story/character/stuff being underdeveloped since there's a bunch of characters here (and even new ones too), plenty of stuff to cut off b/c it's only a 2-hour film - yeah, they're making a 2 hour film out of this stuff. So yeah, I this film should've been longer (i.e. think Zack Snyder Justice League 4-hours long) or this should've been a TV series for a Season (i.e. think 8-12 episodes at 1 hour per episode), so all these characters can get their stories developed.

Kano was entertaining as hell; and Cole was dull as heck as a lead, unfortunately.

Regardless, another mediocre game-to-movie translation (i.e. just like SIlent Hill movie & all of the Tomb Raider movies) b/c they are trying to stuff too much stuff in a short film here, especially when the games are so much longer (i.e. you're talking games from 4-20 hours here). MK '21 Movie feels like a Cliff Notes version of the MK Games, at only 2 hours, TBH.

Also watched Tenet last night on HBO - and thought it was good.

$40? What are these guys thinking?
They're thinking of capitalizing ASAP on a high-price w/ people who missed the game already, who love the game and are willing to re-buy ASAP, and/or those missing the DLC's - just for the usual remastered of graphics quality, any improvement w/ resolution support, improved textures, etc etc.

In other words, us as CAG's and us game-owners of Full Package (old edition) - it probably ain't us who this appeals to at $40.

EDIT:

Yeah, I'd get it for the hell of it and accept that I'm probably only going to play 25% of it before getting bored if it was cheap. For $40, nope.
This. For me, as someone who owned the Full Package, I'll probably try to catch SR: TT Remastered when it's dirt-cheap ($10 or less) or in a Bundle.

SR3 got about 16 hours from me last year. Honestly it's a bit too dated for me, but was fun enough. Story is obviously barely there, but the gameplay is good enough. Worth about $5-10 nowadays IMHO.

I liked the Mortal Kombat movie. Yea, the end is rushed, and the main character sucked in all aspects, but I think everything else about it was good. But they definitely blew the budget on the first 10 minutes.

I honestly didn’t even know this was a thing until about a week ago, and I’m not sure I’m gonna watch it. I don’t think anything can ever match the originals for me.

OZFP9eV.gif

I liked the Mortal Kombat movie. Yea, the end is rushed, and the main character sucked in all aspects, but I think everything else about it was good. But they definitely blew the budget on the first 10 minutes.
Yeah, you could kind of tell that was the case when the penultimate fight took place in a frozen version of the generic gym from the beginning of the movie. 😆 They really got the most out of those sets. Meanwhile Outworld looked like a collage of clips from a David Attenborough special and one walkway for closeup shots.

Is Saints Row 5 really on anyone's "most anticipated" list?
Probably not.

But, hey - if Epic wants to fund the entire development kind of like they pretty much did w/ Borderlands 3 probably....I say sure, why the heck not? [shrug]

If Epic wants to pony up this way and keep dev's & pub's in business and they have a game exclusive for a year - heck, let them. [shrug]

I can definitely see why some companies are going exclusive w/ Epic for a certain amount of time, if they're throwing around $ like that.

I'd be curious what they paid Rockstar and 2K, just to make GTA5 Free for that whole week when they did that.

EDIT:

I've enjoyed the hell out of the series, I personally wish they would remaster the orginal for all platforms, so, yes I am... Unless you mean is anyone buying this right after release?

That I'm not. I'll wait for a big sale.
Yes, I also do really enjoy the series since SR2 - but, I'd love to also see SR1 Remastered and hit the PC; that'd be cool.

Is Saints Row 5 really on anyone's "most anticipated" list?
Most anticipated? No, but I’d say it’s relatively close. Of course, I wouldn’t pay much more than $5 for it, but that’s pattern recognition. And also me being a cheap bastard, but mostly pattern... okay, no, it’s mostly me being a cheap bastard, isn’t it.

I thought it lost its way with IV but maybe mine is a minority opinion.  If it is, I get to disparagingly compare your tastes to McDonalds and Taylor Swift, so I have that going for me.  I assume V will try to be more extreme so I'm not optimistic that it'll be a return to form.

I never bothered with Gat out of Hell (purchased during the great GameStop glitch)

bread's done
Back