Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Dragon Age 2 stuff on Steam.

Also looks like EA removed/delisted the Dragon Age 2 base-game too for purchasing.

Only Dragon Age 2 stuff left on the Steam store now are:

1. Dragon Age 2: Ultimate Edition (base-game and all DLC's)

2. Dragon Age 2: DLC Bundle (for those who already own only DA2 base).

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just salty that Dragon Age Origins is the only good game in the series. Ironically I looked and found out I own the base game on Steam and I bought all the DLC through Origin long ago. Maybe I’ll mess around with getting Origin on the Deck and see how that goes.

Dragon Age 2 stuff on Steam.

Also looks like EA removed/delisted the Dragon Age 2 base-game too for purchasing.

Only Dragon Age 2 stuff left on the Steam store now are:

1. Dragon Age 2: Ultimate Edition (base-game and all DLC's)

2. Dragon Age 2: DLC Bundle (for those who already own only DA2 base).
Dragon Age 2 Ultimate is new so that explains why the base game was delisted, the store page was created on May 31st. I bought DA2 + DLC bundle on steam for $5.43 in january even though I owned the base game on Origin because I think I was missing the DLC

EDIT: I think if you owned the base game, it'll still show up as you owning the Ultimate Edition on the store page but you probably won't have the DLC

I’m just salty that Dragon Age Origins is the only good game in the series. Ironically I looked and found out I own the base game on Steam and I bought all the DLC through Origin long ago. Maybe I’ll mess around with getting Origin on the Deck and see how that goes.
I think DAO is great; DA2 is finally actually good once you also factor in the DLC's (even despite itself); and DAI is very good.

For me - DAO Ultimate > DAI: GOTY > DA2: Complete.

For my part, I’d say DAO is mediocre. I like the character building and party banter, but the mix of gameplay and story feels a bit off, I don’t really care for the large majority of the characters, the plot is pretty thin, and as is always the case in these Bioware custom protagonist games, the main character is essentially a gaping void of personality or agency that the plot only vaguely acknowledges, and the romances are stiff, awkward, and entirely unconvincing because of this.

I still have 2 and I in my backlog so no comment on those.

My biggest issue with DA2 is that they clearly rushed it and recycled way too many environments. The new characters are pretty good, but the way they changed the gameplay and went from more strategic battles to hack and slash was also … less than great. The changes in the enemy design also felt lacking compared to the first game.

DAI felt like a one player mmo … I wanted to like it but it’s never really gotten it’s hooks into me. Maybe I’ll try replaying it if DA4 is announced for release in the near future.

This is kind of why I've hesitated buying a PS5. 

That and no money.

I already platinumed the base game of Spider-Man on PS4 (no way I'm going for platinum on the DLC with all those challenges), but it would be cool to see in 21:9.

I like my PS5 well enough but I would possibly just sell it tomorrow if I didn't have some interest in PSVR2. I feel like there's a good chance that their VR titles will end up being the only true exclusives to the system. Oh, and Demon's Souls. But even that must come to PC eventually, right? I can't imagine Sony is looking at Elden Ring sales numbers and thinking it would make any kind of sense to continue denying that game (or Bloodborne) to the PC market.

What I wanna know is when the Bloodborne demake devs are going to make it available to the PS1 market. My pre-dual shock controller and CRT are ready and waiting.

If I had to choose between PS5 and Series X, I’d go PS5 all the way. MS has really dropped the ball … the Xbox One X felt like a premium product that added new features and looked nice. The Series X feels like they just boosted the power a bit and kept everything else the same. I don’t understand the criticism that people have for the PS5, the controller has some innovative new features, and the system has legit exclusives.

Series X has mediocre exclusives thus far and it’s held back by the Series S … which everyone said wouldn’t be an issue … but is. Maybe all that will change in 2023, but I’m more satisfied with my PS5 when you think about what the Series X should have been. It doesn’t bother me that PS5 games are coming out on PC … because that’s been a MS standard for several years now. What does bother me is a near lack of strong exclusives on Series X … at least PS5 still maintains a catalogue of games you can currently only play on the console but will eventually be released for PC (Horizon: Forbidden West, Miles Morales, etc)

I wouldn't touch Xbox anything, but it's also because I like RPGs and Japanese developed games, and those are not in Microsoft's wheelhouse. I do like the PS5 though feel the HD is too small (similar for Xbox series whatever), and the controller took some getting used to, since it's kind of heavy and all. The exclusives are miles ahead IMHO, but I rarely play FPS and don't really care for racing games, so that's a lot of the Xbox exclusives there. I still don't feel all the exclusives for the PS5 make it a must buy yet, but it's slowly creeping there. I haven't played the original HZD, so I really don't care about the sequel, till I play the first. Same with God of War, but that one I may likely be done with before the sequel comes out. Gamepass though rocks and is great for the PC as well, which is where I use it. So many decent indie games, and a few unique PC only titles as well.

Speaking of Gamepass here is my stopping after about 10 hours Nobody Saves the World review. First of all this game is a kind of Gauntlet/Diablo like where you have up to 4 active abilities and 4 passive abilities trying to level up the only was possible, which is grinding the completion of quests for different classes. These missions level up said class to unlock more abilities, as well as lead to other classes in this tree. This is the neatest part of the game, but also one of the worst after a while since some missions are extremely grindy or harder to trigger. The graphics are generally nice, as well as having decent sound and music. Nothing to write home about in any of those parts, but they're all pretty good. The story is kind of whatever, but is zany and kooky and has so-so characters. It's just stuff that guides you to completing the main mission of the game. The control is excellent with a Xbox Series X controller.

The main reason I feel off hard on the game was just the grinding of character missions leading to slower level ups with dungeons that felt less skill based, and more are your abilities and everything leveled up. I forgot to mention that money and level up ability tokens are a massive grind to get. Many later abilities take many tokens, so have fun killing lots of junk to get those. I was getting tired of the grind, and the character quest drivenness of level ups was becoming more grindy than anything. I wasn't hating anything, but I felt I could be playing another game that would better use my time. It overall was decent, played decent, looked and sounded decent, but never really rose above the standard. It also doesn't help that some of the fights devolve into nothing fests because there are so many on screen, so timing abilities feels lame. Overall I probably had about 5 hours left to finish the game, but I just don't want to. A 6.5/10 overall with little flaws, but little to get excited about as well.

Nobody Saves the World basically gives you dungeons specifically designed to grind for certain forms and skills. If you try and power level early you will drive yourself nuts, if you just play through the game and level as you go it's actually really well paced. I made the mistake of trying to unlock everything as soon as I could and it was to my detriment when you see how easily you can grind later once you have fully unlocked the levels of each form through story progression.

I wouldn't touch Xbox anything, but it's also because I like RPGs and Japanese developed games, and those are not in Microsoft's wheelhouse. I do like the PS5 though feel the HD is too small (similar for Xbox series whatever), and the controller took some getting used to, since it's kind of heavy and all. The exclusives are miles ahead IMHO, but I rarely play FPS and don't really care for racing games, so that's a lot of the Xbox exclusives there. I still don't feel all the exclusives for the PS5 make it a must buy yet, but it's slowly creeping there. I haven't played the original HZD, so I really don't care about the sequel, till I play the first. Same with God of War, but that one I may likely be done with before the sequel comes out. Gamepass though rocks and is great for the PC as well, which is where I use it. So many decent indie games, and a few unique PC only titles as well.

Speaking of Gamepass here is my stopping after about 10 hours Nobody Saves the World review. First of all this game is a kind of Gauntlet/Diablo like where you have up to 4 active abilities and 4 passive abilities trying to level up the only was possible, which is grinding the completion of quests for different classes. These missions level up said class to unlock more abilities, as well as lead to other classes in this tree. This is the neatest part of the game, but also one of the worst after a while since some missions are extremely grindy or harder to trigger. The graphics are generally nice, as well as having decent sound and music. Nothing to write home about in any of those parts, but they're all pretty good. The story is kind of whatever, but is zany and kooky and has so-so characters. It's just stuff that guides you to completing the main mission of the game. The control is excellent with a Xbox Series X controller.

The main reason I feel off hard on the game was just the grinding of character missions leading to slower level ups with dungeons that felt less skill based, and more are your abilities and everything leveled up. I forgot to mention that money and level up ability tokens are a massive grind to get. Many later abilities take many tokens, so have fun killing lots of junk to get those. I was getting tired of the grind, and the character quest drivenness of level ups was becoming more grindy than anything. I wasn't hating anything, but I felt I could be playing another game that would better use my time. It overall was decent, played decent, looked and sounded decent, but never really rose above the standard. It also doesn't help that some of the fights devolve into nothing fests because there are so many on screen, so timing abilities feels lame. Overall I probably had about 5 hours left to finish the game, but I just don't want to. A 6.5/10 overall with little flaws, but little to get excited about as well.
I think if they actually let you level up your various jobs in the story-progressing dungeons, the game would be much better for it. Towards the mid and late-game, it also got fairly easy to fall into patterns because some of the forms were just so much better than the others. The Bodybuilder just tears through levels, and if you already have the aura-breaking attacks to add to him, there's little reason to use anything else. I'd probably be a little more generous and call it a 7-8, though.

7/10 is probably more right, but it reminds me a lot of Archvale and Unsighted, which are all around 6.5 or 7 out of 10. All of them a bit generic, with Unsighted having a bit less genericness overall.. For me a 7/10 is a good game, not a great one. 8 is very good and 9+ are great games. 6 is just OK or average and everything below that is below average. I'm way harsher just having played some of these, and they just blend together. I did feel the bodybuilder was one of the better forms and anything with a charge attack just wasn't as good as the other forms even with the skill to make charges very quick. Some forms just had way too little HP like the rat to use other than levelling up abilities. The bodybuilder also looked freakin' disgusting in the art form, so I didn't like using him, but did because of his easy mana getting and just boatload of health.

So I'm debating on getting a steam deck, if anyone who already has one could chime in I'd appreciate it. Would I be fine getting the 64gb model since games can be played off of an sd card? Is the internal storage really that much faster? Is the anti glare glass screen on the 512gb model that much better then the non anti glare screen?

So I'm debating on getting a steam deck, if anyone who already has one could chime in I'd appreciate it. Would I be fine getting the 64gb model since games can be played off of an sd card? Is the internal storage really that much faster? Is the anti glare glass screen on the 512gb model that much better then the non anti glare screen?
I only own the base model. From my perspective the answers are yes, no (but varies by the kind of games you choose to install), and no.

However ive also had a strange experience with storage lately. I have 94 games installed, all on my 512gb microsd. Last night i started getting Low Disk Space warnings for the primary drive. The only things on there are the os, update files, and three Proton versions. I moved the three proton builds to microsd to temporarily ease the issue. But i suspect there's a lot of poorly managed, needless clutter on the primary drive from all the constant updates.

I only own the base model. From my perspective the answers are yes, no (but varies by the kind of games you choose to install), and no.

However ive also had a strange experience with storage lately. I have 94 games installed, all on my 512gb microsd. Last night i started getting Low Disk Space warnings for the primary drive. The only things on there are the os, update files, and three Proton versions. I moved the three proton builds to microsd to temporarily ease the issue. But i suspect there's a lot of poorly managed, needless clutter on the primary drive from all the constant updates.
Thanks for the quick reply, I might just pull the trigger today with the best buy bogo 20% off steam cards. To bad it won't arrive until after October.

IATCG challenged me to a rap battle via PM:

yup yup yup yup yup yes sir
g$dave up in this bitch

ay, 2022 I’m still lit
fake cags wanna hate but they aint shit

I been getting lit
kyle is still buying shovelware games, ya dumb bitch

confidance got banned from trading in from gs for being a dumb bitch
fuck beenaround, he’s an alt and a snitch

confucius and blade in the alley smoking crack cocaine
it’s a damn shame

i’m fucking with that Nintendo switch, animal crossing
like tom nook oh my lawdy, I’m ballin

$5 pur coupon just came in right on time
g$dave the realest og out the streetz of grapevine
Here was my response:

Now we know he ain't got a ghost writer
Just IATCG on his ancient typewriter
Neckbeard, zit-faced? Couldn't be me
Bet you even got less hair than CheapyD

In your crappy lyrics I revel
Like Thorbahn in a candy store
But to call your rhymes surface level
Would be an insult to the ground floor

So here's that attention you oh so craved
But PMing everyone ain't so brave
Take these words to your account's grave
Before you get banned again... please behave

Never challenge me to a rap battle, peasant
So who won?

How big is your Steam Library? Do you have any familiarity with Linux? If the game doesn't work, are you comfortable to troubleshoot issues on Github? I think the Steam Deck is a great investment if you have a large game library already on Steam/GOG/Epic and have nostalgia for 90s PC games that are literally unavailable in a portable handheld form factor anywhere else (Heroes of Might and Magic series, Master of Orion, Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space, etc). It can also be used as an emulation device for PS3/Switch games and previous console generations. It can run Xbox Gamepass within the Microsoft Edge Browser. Keep in mind that most of these uses do require some willingness on your part to learn how to do them (difficulty dependent on your experience) but there are a lot of resources on the Internet like on Reddit/Youtube. It is a very comfortable device in the hands despite its width. The battery life may be an issue depending on your gaming habits but the Deck does allow you to modify several settings to maximize battery life for situations where needed. I don't play demanding games on my Deck and am usually near an outlet or a power bank so it hasn't been too big a deal so far for me.

BTW, I went with the 512GB model because I don't want to open my deck and replace the drive. A lot of people buy the 64 or 256 gb versions and a separate 1tb 2230 SSD to replace it. One thing about the 512GB model to keep in mind is that you will lose the anti-glare benefit if you use a screen protector. I am playing mine without a screen protector but just cover it with the microfiber cloth it comes in when not in use.

How big is your Steam Library? Do you have any familiarity with Linux? If the game doesn't work, are you comfortable to troubleshoot issues on Github? I think the Steam Deck is a great investment if you have a large game library already on Steam/GOG/Epic and have nostalgia for 90s PC games that are literally unavailable in a portable handheld form factor anywhere else (Heroes of Might and Magic series, Master of Orion, Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space, etc). It can also be used as an emulation device for PS3/Switch games and previous console generations. It can run Xbox Gamepass within the Microsoft Edge Browser. Keep in mind that most of these uses do require some willingness on your part to learn how to do them (difficulty dependent on your experience) but there are a lot of resources on the Internet like on Reddit/Youtube. It is a very comfortable device in the hands despite its width. The battery life may be an issue depending on your gaming habits but the Deck does allow you to modify several settings to maximize battery life for situations where needed. I don't play demanding games on my Deck and am usually near an outlet or a power bank so it hasn't been too big a deal so far for me.

BTW, I went with the 512GB model because I don't want to open my deck and replace the drive. A lot of people buy the 64 or 256 gb versions and a separate 1tb 2230 SSD to replace it. One thing about the 512GB model to keep in mind is that you will lose the anti-glare benefit if you use a screen protector. I am playing mine without a screen protector but just cover it with the microfiber cloth it comes in when not in use.
The other bad thing about the antiglare model is that the screen is more prone to scratches/marks. I have that one reserved but kinda wish it had the other screen now. I wouldn't have wanted to open it up to replace the SSD though, so I guess I still would've ordered the 512gb model

The other bad thing about the antiglare model is that the screen is more prone to scratches/marks. I have that one reserved but kinda wish it had the other screen now. I wouldn't have wanted to open it up to replace the SSD though, so I guess I still would've ordered the 512gb model
Screen protector

My steam/epic/gog libraries are huge, I am actually very familiar with gaming on Linux not Arch specifically but I know the process for the most part. I got a Switch OLED when it came out but games I got for free on steam/epic/gog are super expensive on the eShop, has anyone played Witcher 3 on GOG with their steam deck, I was able to run it on Debian Linux awhile back so I know it's possible. I also have worked in IT for many years so replacing the ssd would not be an issue for me.

Screen protector
Screen protectors defeat the purpose of the antiglare glass unfortunately. That's why the person I was replying to didnt use one. You either use a screen protector and get glare, or don't use one and potentially get scratches easier than regular glass

Well it took nearly two years and several fresh starts but I'm finally hooked on Cyberpunk. The game isn't bad! As for the technical state of the game, so far I've only come across some free-floating...

cars!

Wke2ijZ.jpg

humans/cyberpunks!

U6AQZex.jpg

and cigarettes!

yS3bzLq.jpg

So things aren't that bad. The game is nearly finished.

I was really turned off by the little things in Cyberpunk … like walking up to npcs that would appear and disappear depending on how close you got to them. Just completely broke the experience for me. And that was after it was supposedly fixed for next gen. Just such a disappointing experience. But maybe I just need to get over it and give it another try.

I wouldn't touch Xbox anything, but it's also because I like RPGs and Japanese developed games, and those are not in Microsoft's wheelhouse.
Given how many rpgs are multiplat these days that doesn't seem like too big a thing to be worried about.

Ps5 isn't worth it currently between being harder to purchase and not having many games on it that aren't available elsewhere. Besides it's fugly. I'll wait till the inevitable slim version. Hopefully by then they'll have all the features that were available on the fricken ps4.

I disliked the story of Cyberpunk 2077. I could give less of a rat's a** about Johnny. I almost finished the game. Was on the last questline, but stopped for some reason. Otherwise it was a relatively decent open world game.

CP 2077 was quite good - but even given that, it could never live up to the hype CP 2077 had going on. So much cut-content, unfinished areas (Pacifica feels lacking content compared to Night City); and so many removed/planned features (Tram isn't there; No Wall-Running; etc etc).

Still...was worth my $18 plus tax. 50+ hours out if it on Playthrough 1 - yep, it was still good.

My steam/epic/gog libraries are huge, I am actually very familiar with gaming on Linux not Arch specifically but I know the process for the most part. I got a Switch OLED when it came out but games I got for free on steam/epic/gog are super expensive on the eShop, has anyone played Witcher 3 on GOG with their steam deck, I was able to run it on Debian Linux awhile back so I know it's possible. I also have worked in IT for many years so replacing the ssd would not be an issue for me.
I have not tried Witcher 3 on GOG but I will say GOG games have been harder to get to run via the Heroic Games launcher compared to epic games

got hit with the fake feedback monster... but it was positive...  do I go through the hassle of contacting mods to remove... :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back