Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Embracer Group buys out more stuff - LOTR/Hobbit IP's ; Tolkien IP's; TripWire and more.

Embracer is back to buying everything again.

First, they bought a ton of THQ-Nordic stuff, then Square Enix Non-Japan Stuff...
...now add TripWire Interactive (makers of Killing Floor games & Maneater).
And they also bought the IP's for both Lord of the Rings IP & The Hobbit; and any other Tolkien-related stuff.

News/Sources:
Techraptor - https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/embracer-group-acquires-hobbit-lord-of-rings-ips-and-more

Last edited by a moderator:
True to their word, my steam order email just came in.

Anyone know of any legitimate steam wallet code discounts? I've already cashed in all my GameStop credit but I've got another $200 to go. Seems I can't even get Target's red card 5% off without a trip into the store. Not looking to risk my account with eneba or gameflip. Thanks!

True to their word, my steam order email just came in.

Anyone know of any legitimate steam wallet code discounts? I've already cashed in all my GameStop credit but I've got another $200 to go. Seems I can't even get Target's red card 5% off without a trip into the store. Not looking to risk my account with eneba or gameflip. Thanks!
Got a Chase CC? If so, you might have an offer for 20% off at Gamestop (up to $20) so that would take care of half of what you need.

My laptop coolers arrived yesterday and I'm looking forward to my new gaming laptop showing up soon. So...yay. 

EDIT:

Yeah, my SC15 died last year and my Acer 960m laptop has been feeling like of late it's on its last legs. Time to move on to another laptop.

Rumor is that Death Stranding will get announced for Game Pass PC tomorrow. I started the game a few days ago and it's actually pretty good. Didn't thought I would like it because the basic premise was about delivering packages. The first hour of the game was really weird as hell too.

Rumor is that Death Stranding will get announced for Game Pass PC tomorrow. I started the game a few days ago and it's actually pretty good. Didn't thought I would like it because the basic premise was about delivering packages. The first hour of the game was really weird as hell too.
Whole game goes way out of its way to be unnecessarily weird. It's still pretty good though. The gameplay does become interesting if you give it time. If the director's cut version goes up it'll give me no reason to consider the paid upgrade.

Death stranding... man.. I tried it. Hated it. Then took advice and stuck with it for a few hours. Weird as hell but blew me away. Story was very good at pulling me in after I committed.

Death Stranding confirmed for PC Game Pass on August 23rd. OG version, no Director's Cut. I don't expect an upgrade path either since it would be a separate listing and not just DLC added in-game.

Can’t wait to get my deck so I can play some of these Sony exclusives handheld. My getmydeck % has been jumping since Monday was 6% now 34.99%. I still have a good while and hopefully Spider-Man is like $20 by then lol

I'm having... something of a crisis, and I don't know where else to turn. I was having dinner at a restaurant with my father last night, and... well, we don't always see eye to eye on a lot of things—issues of science, politics, faith—, but something he said... I just don't know what to do about.

You see, I was asking him how his pizza flatbread thing was... and... and he said it could use some pineapple. I just... how do you even deal with something like that? Your own father?

junilo-sad.gif

If you think delivering packages is addicting just wait until you start building roads. I thought Death Stranding's story was absolute **** but goddamn it I could have spent the rest of my life building roads in that stupid game. And don't even get me started on crafting zipline chains.

I'm using Windows 11 on my new gaming laptop. Okay, while OS runs fine - this OS is "meh" customization-wise; feels dumbed-down.

Anyone try using Classic Shell or OpenShell or anything that makes stuff better and more W7-like/W10-like?

EDIT:

Thank God for OpenShell. That'll do much better than this W11 Menu.

Storybundle has a video game Summer Fireball book bundle. You get all of it for $20 and $5 minimum. I like the HG101 books. I like this more than the current Humble Bundle Inside Gaming by MIT Press bundle, which kind of all looks ultra filler.

$5 Tier

HG101 Presents: The Guide to Shoot-Em-Ups Vol. 2
by Kurt Kalata

Football Manager, One Day at a Time
by Richard Moss

The Legend of Argus: The Complete History of Rygar
by Brian Riggsbee

$20 Tier

GameDev Stories: Volume 7
by David L. Craddock

Dialogue Box: Oral Histories of Video Games
by David L. Craddock

Embed With Games
by Cara Ellison

Boss Fight Books: Final Fantasy VI
by Sebastian Deken

The Secret History of Mac Gaming
by Richard Moss

HG101 Digest Vol. 7: Metroid and Kid Icarus
by Kurt Kalata

Storybundle has a video game Summer Fireball book bundle. You get all of it for $20 and $5 minimum. I like the HG101 books. I like this more than the current Humble Bundle Inside Gaming by MIT Press bundle, which kind of all looks ultra filler.

$5 Tier

HG101 Presents: The Guide to Shoot-Em-Ups Vol. 2
by Kurt Kalata

Football Manager, One Day at a Time
by Richard Moss

The Legend of Argus: The Complete History of Rygar
by Brian Riggsbee

$20 Tier

GameDev Stories: Volume 7
by David L. Craddock

Dialogue Box: Oral Histories of Video Games
by David L. Craddock

Embed With Games
by Cara Ellison

Boss Fight Books: Final Fantasy VI
by Sebastian Deken

The Secret History of Mac Gaming
by Richard Moss

HG101 Digest Vol. 7: Metroid and Kid Icarus
by Kurt Kalata
How do people have time to read about video games with backlogs being insanely big these days? Are you people using hyperbolic time chambers?

I'm having... something of a crisis, and I don't know where else to turn. I was having dinner at a restaurant with my father last night, and... well, we don't always see eye to eye on a lot of things—issues of science, politics, faith—, but something he said... I just don't know what to do about.

You see, I was asking him how his pizza flatbread thing was... and... and he said it could use some pineapple. I just... how do you even deal with something like that? Your own father?

junilo-sad.gif
dwight-shun.gif

It's a funny joke, but I miss the golden days of bundles, including groupees.  They had some interesting bundles, sure most of the games were trash, but sometimes there'd be a gem that now either doesn't get bundled or gets into a way more expensive bundle.  Plus they were great for music in the end.

Project CARS series delisting.

Project CARS 1 and 2 are getting delisted from purchasing soon, thanks to expiring car licenses.

Source = Slighty Mad's Twitter.

Notes:

- Project CARS 1 and 2 are getting delisted from purchasing soon, thanks to expiring car licenses.

- Project CARS 2 is getting delisted on October 3.

- Project CARS 1 is getting delisted on Sept. 21st.

- The games and their Multiplayer will remain fully playable after the delisting.

So I've been playing Way of the Hunter a bit since release.  Its really solid for those looking for a more realistic take on hunting compared to theHunter CotW.  (Granted, if you don't farm drink zones and set up in such a way that you're killing hundreds of deer a day you won't find it too different.  Also hunting in such a matter likely isn't even needed.  I found a 5 Star trophy in 12 hours of play.  I didn't find my first 5 star rare in CotW till about the 35 hour mark.)

I did find one unexpected feature to be uncannily realistic.

https://youtu.be/53kW_PRtsnE

I was able to play dead island 2 at the GameStop expo in 2016. I remember being so excited and then quickly disappointed because the demo didn’t have the option to invert the controls. Happy to see that it will eventually come out.

Mine moved up says q3 July-sept I ordered in march. Can’t wait lol
I got bumped up too! Q3 July-Sept! Reserved at the very end of May this year! Just hope the ramp up in production doesn't lead to build quality issues. I do see that the 512gb is having some screen adhesive delamination's i.e. not properly cured. Which of course is the model i'm getting..

I got bumped up too! Q3 July-Sept! Reserved at the very end of May this year! Just hope the ramp up in production doesn't lead to build quality issues. I do see that the 512gb is having some screen adhesive delamination's i.e. not properly cured. Which of course is the model i'm getting..
I specifically canceled my 256gb version for that one in April, thinking the additional time would help work out the kinks.

Monkey Island games are pretty cheap on Steam now -- probably in anticipation of Return to Monkey Island coming out.  I only owned Monkey Island 2 Special Edition but was able to complete the rest of the bundle (Secret of Monkey Island 1 Special Edition, Curse, and Escape) for like $3.50.

Re: Mooby and Monkey Island.

Beautiful. I'll collect the rest for $2.08 (before tax).

It was $2.22 after tax.

I was missing Curse and Escape, BTW.

Beautiful. I'll collect the rest for $2.08.
I did the same, who knows when I’ll actually get to them.

Lately, I’ve been playing It Takes Two with my wife, and Final Fantasy VII Remake on my own. Both phenomenal games. Wow I didn’t realize how much I missed FF7. I was a huge fan back when it came out, and I loved the movie, but I hadn’t given it much thought up until the Remake was released on PC/Steam Deck. Easily my favorite game I’ve played this year, the nostalgia feels are real! Ah, simpler times with no mortgage or kids…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno when I'll get to them (All of the Monkey Island games) either, especially since I got another free month left on Game Pass Ultimate.

I'm in the middle of Chorus on PC Game Pass - and it's pretty good. Some 16 hours in or so.

I ordered the 512gb Steam Deck on July 7th, and it was pushed up from Q4 to Q3. That's the most recent order I've seen to get pushed up. Must be karma for giving my first Steam Deck to a relative

bread's done
Back