Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
ATTN Rollingskull, there's a sequel for Akiba too... exclusively for the peasants  :whistle2:

2537669-5712590149-akiba.jpg

Tweak guide:

Turn off all the crappy AAA post-processing: bloom, derpth of field, godrays, chromatic abomination, etc. that only make the game look worse.

Anywayz, I'm sure I could run W3 just fine on a 770.  Of course I uninstalled W2 shortly after that horrendous QTE boss fight.  Overall the combat was dire as was the tedious Diablo-style loot.  80% off or bust.  By then I'll probably have a new GPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many GB of VRAM is on your card?

And what is its NVidia GeForce model equivalent?

W3 PC wants 2GB VRAM cards for a minimum - specifically, Nvidia GeForce 660 + AMD 7870 (which your AMD card's under):

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-system-requirements-announced/

You're probably in the same boat as me: needing a new video card to play W3 PC & some other newer games wanting higher requirements to run them properly. :(

Where's another Microcenter price mistake on a GF 970 (or its AMD equivalent) for $150 or so when we need one?
the closest to that $150 price range is probably a used amd r9 290 from some bitcoin miners.

Tweak guide:

Turn off all the crappy AAA post-processing: bloom, derpth of field, godrays, chromatic abomination, etc. that only make the game look worse.

Anywayz, I'm sure I could run W3 just fine on a 770. Of course I uninstalled W2 shortly after that horrendous QTE boss fight. Overall the combat was dire as was the tedious Diablo-style loot. 80% off or bust. By then I'll probably have a new GPU.
just pretend you are playing on a console

wait what? you can run DA:I but not the Witcher 3?
For DA: Inquisition:

1920x1080 resolution.

Framerate stays around 30-40 frames most of the time (outdoors); and can get into the 50's for a max when indoors.

I got some stuff on High -> Textures, Shadows, Mesh.

Some on Medium -> Terrain, Vegetation, Water, Post-Process Quality

Post-Process AA on Low.

Some settings are Off -> AO + Multisample AA, Tessellation.

I don't know about W3 - b/c I don't have it.

Seriously, Witcher 3 is some of the best plant gathering I've ever experienced, except maybe Skyrim and possibly DA: I. Use that Witcher sense and them weeds glow! GotY right here, people.

Off topic, and wrong place but worth a try (posted in the right place and no bites)

Anyone interested in 2x $20 Steam Wallet Codes for $35 paypal?

Redeems like you redeem any code, and the codes go straight onto your account. Got them from the AMEX deal, and need funds to pay for something else. PM me

I don't give the flowers to anyone. I mash them all up into a paste and then smear it on my junk. Suffocates the crabs.

More like you gotta score a lot of weed to get girls stoned first so they'll forget you're an ugly, scar-faced albino freak
Don't mince words. Tell us how you really feel.

After a few hours of Witchering, my initial impression is: Man, this is taking a while to get going anywhere.  Eventually I was all "Blah blah looking for Yennefier" and started wandering the countryside at random looking for shit to kill. 

What?  No, babe, I was totally looking for you.  I thought you might have been in this cave in this chest where I found this sweet pair of gloves.  I mean, you weren't but check out these gloves.  They have three more armor than my old gloves!

There was a Little Orbit publisher sale running for about 2 weeks until recently, so I broke down and bought Young Justice Legacy + the Ultimate Hero Pack dlc. They never seem to discount their games past 50% off, and this was the first time any of the DLC had been discounted. I had been wanting it for a while, so $5 was my buy point. Anyway, I played through it, so here's my review.

To start off, I'm sure you guys know that it's a bad game, but I enjoyed it enough to play through twice (you unlock 1 extra character for finishing the game per difficulty and the character you unlock for hard mode is pretty damn cool). The PC versions options are lacking, all you can choose from are resolution and fullscreen/windowed mode. Vsync is off by default, you'll have to force it. The framerate is capped at 30 fps, but I honestly wasn't bothered by that and I'm usually picky with framerate caps. The graphics very much look like a polished PS2 game, which isn't surprising.. it's a budget TV show adaption.

I was disappointed right off the bat after seeing that the online co-op is completely broken. It'll give you an error when trying to create or search for a lobby. I checked the forum and there didn't seem to be any way around this, but I was willing to play the campaign in singleplayer so this wasn't a deal breaker for me. Ideally, the game is best played in co-op, so if you have the opportunity of doing local co-op, I'd recommend that.

In singleplayer, you'll be constantly switching across the 3 heros you have in your team, so it does take some getting used to. Focusing on playing only one hero isn't very effective, as your power meter will keep running out and the normal melee attacks (that don't consume energy) are fucking terrible and pointless to use most of the time. You'll mostly be spamming power attacks, which is why it's better to use all 3 of the characters on your team.

The tutorial kind of sucks. They teach you most of the core mechanics, but they don't tell you about the squad/hero boost, a semi-important feature, which is only briefly mentioned in a loading screen tip, and doesn't go into detail for how to use it. They expect you to RTFM, but who has time for that?! Actually, there are a few other things that aren't explained in detail. When you open a chest, it will appear that it's empty but it has a tiny XP orb that you can't really see, and I think you get money for smashing boxes, but those also seem to be empty whenever they're destroyed. I don't know if this is a lazy design choice, or if it's a problem attributed to the PC port.

The money that you earn is almost completely useless, because 90% of the items you can buy are shit. Many of the "enhancements" you can buy boost your melee attack power, or your defense. Melee attacks suck, and the game is ridiculously easy even on hard mode that you'll never need extra defense. I ended up using the same 2 items (that increase power damage and energy efficiency) for the entire game. This also means that the hero skills that increase defense or melee strength are useless.

About half of the characters in the game suck, they aren't very balanced. You'll have the option to take whoever you want with you into a mission though, except for the team leader, so it's not a big deal. It does however make the game a bit more boring when you're using the same sets of characters for the whole game once you figure out which heroes are good. The best character in the game IMO is Wondergirl, which is DLC. If you're wondering which heroes are worth using, this is how I rank the best of them: Wondergirl (DLC) > Artemis > Lagoon Boy (DLC) > Miss Martian > Nightwing > everyone else. Rocket's also pretty sweet, but she takes forever to unlock so I didn't rank her. Zatanna is useful as well, but only when her skills are maxed.. which takes too long. DLC characters are unlocked from the start, along with Artemis, so you start out with good characters by default. The good thing is that XP is shared with all of the characters, so you can freely choose who you want without needing to level them exclusively.

So by now, you must be wondering why the hell I would play through it twice. The answer to that is the game is worth playing through if you love Young Justice and want to play as the characters or test out the superpowers. It's NOT worth playing for the story though. It's meant to fill the gap between season 1 and 2, but the story ultimately seemed rushed and uninteresting to me. The plot is nowhere near the same quality of the show, but it is cool to fight against the majority of the villains from the show. If your only interest is the story, I suggest youtubing it. For $5 + $2.49 for the DLC, I got my moneys worth, and more importantly got to take up an entire page with my review.

Hey it's so rare that Spoder pays for a game, let alone that he pays more than 50 cents for it, that he's got to MysterD the hell out of that shit to commemorate.

Anyone posted about the WB Nuuvem sale yet?

It's a repeat of most of the good Batman/Lego/Scribblenauts sales they've done. Arkham Origins and Blackgate are around $1.66 again, and Scribblenauts Unmasked is about a dollar, which is the lowest it's been.

Anyone posted about the WB Nuuvem sale yet?

It's a repeat of most of the good Batman/Lego/Scribblenauts sales they've done. Arkham Origins and Blackgate around around $1.66 again, and Scribblenauts Unmasked is about a dollar, which is the lowest it's been.
Thanks for the post. Time for me to finally grab Scribblenauts Unmasked at that price. I love Nuuvem.

Why the hell are Warner Bros.' games always on sale in Brazil? They have a Lego, a Batman, or a random set of games on sale every other week.

It's too bad Nuuvem doesn't sell DLC packs.

ATTN Rollingskull, there's a sequel for Akiba too... exclusively for the peasants :whistle2:

2537669-5712590149-akiba.jpg
That's the same game. The first one was for PSP and never came to the west.

but the story ultimately seemed rushed and uninteresting to me.
That's weird, I almost felt the same way about the show.

Until it turned out that Miss Martian was an actively horrible person and the writers had no idea that's how they were writing her, and then I just hated it, instead.

After a few hours of Witchering, my initial impression is: Man, this is taking a while to get going anywhere. Eventually I was all "Blah blah looking for Yennefier" and started wandering the countryside at random looking for shit to kill.

What? No, babe, I was totally looking for you. I thought you might have been in this cave in this chest where I found this sweet pair of gloves. I mean, you weren't but check out these gloves. They have three more armor than my old gloves!
Witcher 1 + 2 were also slow-burns for the 1st few hours (especially W1), so it doesn't surprise me that W3 sounds like it's going in the same direction there. I would guess, likely...all the pieces will later build into something awesome + jaw-dropping, when it decides to hit you like a Mack Truck.

It's really a series where you should absorb the world, atmosphere, Lore and graphics (provided you're running the game on some decent hardware).

So I ended up getting Witcher 3 and boy did it not end up looking like what they showed 1 year ago.  So what did I do?  I went back to my Tsum Tsum game on my phone since they released new bingo cards.  

I love the Tsum Tsum game.  That's the only game on my work phone.  I'll admit I'm playing Pokemon Rumble World more though.  Witcher 3 isn't cheap enough yet.

So I ended up getting Witcher 3 and boy did it not end up looking like what they showed 1 year ago.
How so?

That's idle curiosity, not me getting ready to fight for W3's honor. I'm still luke warm on it. I'm pretty sure I will like it but it's starting off slowly (as I said before) so it hasn't grabbed my heart.

Ah, so you meant graphics-wise.  I guess when you're playing at medium-high settings you care less about how awesome Super-Ultra-Elite mode looks :p

What's with people playing Clicker Heroes on Steam?  Regardless of how anyone feels about idle games, why would you tie up your Steam account with an idle game rather than using Steam to play real games while Clicker Heroes sits in a browser window like God intended?

re: Witcher downgrades

There were rumors a while back that those earlier screenshots were smoke and mirrors mockups. In any case, it's very clear they are going for the console audience now so lowest common denominator and all that.

I think consoles have been the holy grail for them for a long time now. They tried and failed to outsource a port of the first game for consoles. The second one had delays for the console version, but this one they are pushing hard and heavy for consoles from the get go.

re: Clicker Heroes and why everyone's going nuts over it

I'm assuming some Youtube person posted about it and all the lemmings went nuts. There's a handful of Youtube people that are basically Simon Says for videogame buyers.

I don't even care if they're playing Clicker Heroes, I just can't fathom a reason for tying up your Steam client with it.  It's a 'game' that Steam just brings nothing extra to versus playing it via browser.  And comes at the cost of not playing other games while cartoon monsters automatically spawn and die on your screen.

bread's done
Back