Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Those bowls are the best ones I've had yet, but they are pricey. $1 on sale is the cheapest I can find them. I also recently found out that Nongshim makes brick style ramen packs too when they were sampling them at H-Mart. I've been staying away from ramen lately though because of the sodium, though I ate them a ton growing up. Found a good recipe where you ditch the seasoning packet and boil it in low sodium chicken broth, add in veggies and kimchi and it was pretty good.
I thought everyone knew the brick style packs were available...

If you're only using the noodles from a ramen pack, why not just get plain noodles and make that?

Two guys from Larian (that worked on Divinity: Original Sin) are currently on GameTrailers TV on Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers

Last edited by a moderator:
Those bowls are the best ones I've had yet, but they are pricey. $1 on sale is the cheapest I can find them. I also recently found out that Nongshim makes brick style ramen packs too when they were sampling them at H-Mart. I've been staying away from ramen lately though because of the sodium, though I ate them a ton growing up. Found a good recipe where you ditch the seasoning packet and boil it in low sodium chicken broth, add in veggies and kimchi and it was pretty good.
I only tried them because someone dumped like five pallets of the things at my usual dollar store, and they priced them at two for a dollar. I liked them enough to stock up. Now I look for them when they get cheap locally, they're usually a dollar each but I grab them on clearance from the Food4Less / Kroger near my work (for 60 cents) about once a month.

It also turned out that Nongshim also makes a brand of instant ramen called Black which I tried a while ago. The ramen baggie is like three dollars now. It's also uncomfortably spicy for my tastes.

Oh, in regards to my Amazon comment from earlier, I had no idea their sale was already over.

I thought everyone knew the brick style packs were available...

If you're only using the noodles from a ramen pack, why not just get plain noodles and make that?
They sell plain ramen noodles? Where at? All the ones I've seen have spice packets. Also, H-Mart is the first place to sell Nong Shim not in a bowl that I've been to.

Windbourne was by the Defense Grid developers. Doesn't surprise me they ran out of cash since they barely got enough for a simple tower defense game (DG2) let alone sustain a fairly ambitious project like Windbourne. It... looked pretty. That's all I know about it. Had it wishlisted for a bit but, again, I'm done paying for EA games unless a substantial discount is offered.

The market is glutted with these free roam survival/builder games. Most of which never see completion. I have no idea why some of them sell so well (like that crappy looking ARK). Of course, I know why there are so many: it's easy to develop and get a 'working' prototype up. Slap EA on it and you have zero pressure to update it and zero liability if you don't finish. Just reap free cash from your weekend hobby project.
thanks Mooby. Now you give me ideas for my CAG RPGmaker project.

Now I need to contact Johnny Capuccino to "promote" my way to Greenlight.. :whistle2:

If these announcements bother anyone please let me know so I can put you on ignore and avoid any future complaints :)

We'll be playing Duke Nukem 3D multiplayer tonight at 10:00 PM ET so any non-bros who want to join in, just add me on Steam, info is in my signature. 

Never eaten Ramen. Vile crap. I would just make red beans and rice and eat it all week. Cost maybe $5 for a week's worth.
Love ramen but between it and red beans and rice, would go for red beans and rice 110% of the time.

Probably depends on where you live, but pretty sure I could do a weeks worth of salad for around $5.

They sell plain ramen noodles? Where at? All the ones I've seen have spice packets. Also, H-Mart is the first place to sell Nong Shim not in a bowl that I've been to.
They do. Obviously, in Asian grocery stores if you have one. They'll have non-dried ones as well. I have no idea what stores are around you either. For dried ones, you should be able to get them on Amazon, albeit for more (like $3-5 a pound instead of $1-2 a pound).

This one's udon, but you get the idea.

They do. Obviously, in Asian grocery stores if you have one. They'll have non-dried ones as well. I have no idea what stores are around you either. For dried ones, you should be able to get them on Amazon, albeit for more (like $3-5 a pound instead of $1-2 a pound).

This one's udon, but you get the idea.
I bought some frozen udon noodles the other day, just didn't know they sold the plain ramen ones. I used to go to the Asian stores in Seattle, but all the noodles looked different. H-Mart is where I go here, which is korean, but I will check to see if they have the plain ones.

Driver SF and Driver Parallel... yay or nay? Never played a Driver game.
I loved Driver SF. I'm not typically a racing game fan, mostly because I suck at them, but I 100%ed single player for 360 and enjoyed it all (with the noted exception of driving 100 MPH in oncoming traffic for 2 minutes with no collisions, which took a time or forty). Zapping in and out of random cars to ruin the competition was probably my favorite part.

That said, it's not super new or anything and $5 doesn't strike me as some killer price, although maybe that's how Ubi rolls. Might have rebought it for a dollar or so.

Hmmmm - did anyone actually back when UPLAY launched buy Driver: San Fran Deluxe (UPLAY version) for $1?
Yep.
e8c84548ee23d70dea1e43d138e6aa0d.jpg

I bought some frozen udon noodles the other day, just didn't know they sold the plain ramen ones. I used to go to the Asian stores in Seattle, but all the noodles looked different. H-Mart is where I go here, which is korean, but I will check to see if they have the plain ones.
Just don't buy any vermicilli / noodles made from beans. Not that they're not good, they're just not what you're looking for. Udon, somen, lamien, ramen, etc should all be fine for what you use it for.

And because it's gotten so off-topic:

STEAMed noodles.

HfIRc75.jpg

Driver SF and Driver Parallel... yay or nay? Never played a Driver game.
Driver SF is a very good game, but the PC port has some issues. The HDR/Bloom is completely missing so you'll have to inject your own artficial HDR/Bloom with a third party program. You can probably find it on the Steam forum, it's been a while since I've played it.

I jumped on Parallel because I enjoyed it on my PSP. SF was enjoyable but I don't think I could play it more than once.
The PSP game is NOT the same as Parallel Lines. They're 100% different. The PSP game is Driver '76, while Parallel Lines is.. Parallel Lines. I think they do share the same characters/universe though.

Driver San Francisco is very good. It's so charming and unique that I'm actually shocked Ubisoft banked on such a risky title as that. Magic coma driving isn't something you can put on the box but they made it work.

It's a solid driving game with a cute gimmick that mostly just ends up being used for oncoming car torpedoes in car chase missions but the story is just extremely charming. [While losing] "Uh..." "Don't uh me. We're not even halfway through the race!"

The PC port is missing something graphically from the console versions though and, while perfectly playable, wasn't as slick as I would have liked in the brief time I spent with it. Yes, I liked D:SF enough to double dip on PC.

I used to buy the Sapporo Ichiban ramen brand, it was pretty good, but a few years ago the prices of each packet tripled, at least locally. I used to be able to buy two packs for a dollar, now each one is $1.50 or more.

Nowadays I buy the Nongshim brand. These are pretty good:

img_bowl_noodle_prd_01.jpg
img_bowl_noodle_prd_02.jpg

Both taste completely different from the Mexican-style hot foods I'm used to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfan5MacmsI

Driver SF is a very good game, but the PC port has some issues. The HDR/Bloom is completely missing so you'll have to inject your own artficial HDR/Bloom with a third party program. You can probably find it on the Steam forum, it's been a while since I've played it.

The PSP game is NOT the same as Parallel Lines. They're 100% different. The PSP game is Driver '76, while Parallel Lines is.. Parallel Lines. I think they do share the same characters/universe though.
Morans

Really? I didn't know that, thank you! I'm still in for $2.50, though.

**A quick google search informed me of something that I was ignorant about.. Apparently it was Parallel Lines i was thinking about, but I thought it was on the PSP. Derp. fuck

Don't hold your breath ive been hoping that for the past two years or so
Driver Parallel Lines hitting 75 percent off is at least encouraging news that Ubisoft is more likely to discount their backlog. So chances are greater now that Rayman Origins will likely hit 2.50 when Rayman Legends likely shows up as a flash or daily.

And lol at GOG still charging 20 for it.

Killer Instinct PC announced by Microsoft.

On the PC Gaming Show.

Yes, you're reading this correctly...

y u want dat on uplay?

Actually, even at 40% off Steam is probably the best place to buy Rayman Origins. GOG has an inflated MSRP for it ($19.99).
even if it was 5 bucks i'd happily buy it. that's what i''ve been waiting for since i already have legends which has most of its levels anyway

Driver Parallel Lines hitting 75 percent off is at least encouraging news that Ubisoft is more likely to discount their backlog. So chances are greater now that Rayman Origins will likely hit 2.50 when Rayman Legends likely shows up as a flash or daily.

And lol at GOG still charging 20 for it.
GOG doesn't set the price, Ubisoft does.

And we've complained about the price difference several times. We're ignored.

bread's done
Back