Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
EDIT 2:

And bought the 960 4GB.

Brave_little_toaster.jpg
6IAPwW5.gif

I've been looking at aiming possibly at a 4GB 960 or 4GB 3.5 GB 970.

Lowest I've seen 970 was $300 on NewEgg recently, if we're not talking about the $145 Microcenter price-mistake, month or a few back or so.

4GB 960 has been around $220-225 recently on Amazon + NewEgg.

EDIT:

EVGA Superclocked 4GB 960, Amazon just matched NewEgg at $220.

Cheapest that has been.

And I got a little bit of Bing $ to throw around.

FML.

EDIT 2:

And bought the 960 4GB.

Brave_little_toaster.jpg
Are you serious? Cuz if you are..

banging-head-on-desk-214339.gif

y u waste ur money like that?

Did jshack post his companion app that idles games for two hours and I just missed it? Getting tired only getting three cards drops a day.

When Black Friday rolls around in a few months you'll be able to pick up a 970 for $300.  Also, EVGA cards are often overpriced compared to Gigabyte, MSI, and ASUS... and they're no better.  The 770 I bought for $300 about a year and a half ago outperforms the 960.  And apparently despite the 4GB VRAM the bus size is only 128?  Is that right?  It's 256 on the 770.

You done eff up.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Black Friday rolls around in a few months you'll be able to pick up a 970 for $300. Also, EVGA cards are often overpriced compared to Gigabyte, MSI, and ASUS... and they're no better. The 770 I bought for $300 about a year and a half ago outperforms the 960. And apparently despite the 4GB VRAM the bus size is only 128? Is that right? It's 256 on the 770.

You done eff up.
Did the rent-a-nerds tell you that?

I've been playing Pinball FX 2 with my wired XBOX 360 controller and it's SO MUCH BETTER than using a keyboard and mouse. Now I'm annoyed that I passed on most of the stuff in the two Pinball FX Humbles. I hal'd the heck out of those things yet in hindsight I realize I was gilbying them all along. :fridge:

Whoops, I think I'm a bit wrong. I saw THAT MOVE last night. Cena had a little feud with that NXT guy, but he was with the announcers at the time and Cena was doing it last night to the replaced challenger. Haha. GONNA HAVE TO WAIT TILL #battleground

I don't really follow WWE (as of late, I watched a good bit when I was wayyyy young), but me likey.

Apologies for my obvious newbishness. I'm new.
No, I mean if you really thought that it was "so good" then... okay. I gave up on wrestling a long time ago, right after the time it got extra-gay.

Thanks pedobearfox for the heads up on the nuuvem sale!

I grabbed:

Ultra Street Fighter IV Upgrade
Lost Planet 3

R$22.98
(equals - $7.58 USD)

Both activated on steam like a charm.

No, I mean if you really thought that it was "so good" then... okay. I gave up on wrestling a long time ago, right after the time it got extra-gay.
I've watched it for a week.

Maybe a phase.

EDIT: Back to gaming? I've been trading a lot of my cards for bundle games!!! Letter Quest is fun.

What is the Mafia II DLC  worth picking up?

I don't have any interest in the costume pack from things like:

The Renegade Pack

As far as I can tell the only 2 story driven DLC are...

Joe's Adventure & Jimmy's Vendetta

As far as I can tell the only 2 story driven DLC are...
Joe's Adventure & Jimmy's Vendetta
Joe's Adventure is plot driven. Jimmy's Vendetta is just a bunch of map challenges ("steal this car across the map and get it to this garage on the other side in four minutes" type stuff) strung together with a loose story unrelated to the main Mafia II plot.

I feel like Nuuvem is trolling me.  Made a purchase and it got hung up and I had to try it again.  Then I got a message saying that my order may need to be reviewed.  Then I got an email saying "Your order was approved! Go, go, go!" :lol:

Anyway, Resident Evil Revelations for $4.95

I feel like Nuuvem is trolling me. Made a purchase and it got hung up and I had to try it again. Then I got a message saying that my order may need to be reviewed. Then I got an email saying "Your order was approved! Go, go, go!" :lol:

Anyway, Resident Evil Revelations for $4.95
I got that same message last night. Basically if the key is already in your profile you're good to go.

I've been playing Pinball FX 2 with my wired XBOX 360 controller and it's SO MUCH BETTER than using a keyboard and mouse. Now I'm annoyed that I passed on most of the stuff in the two Pinball FX Humbles. I hal'd the heck out of those things yet in hindsight I realize I was gilbying them all along. :fridge:
It's so much more fun on a pad. I still suck at it, but I enjoy it a lot more.

Damn playfire, I complete your survey and you don't give me anything =(

I could have used those 5 minutes to do a survey for money elsewhere, I wouldn't have but the point is I could have!

I have a question for ye steam experts.  F12015 is out July 10th everywhere else but the release got pushed back in the US to the 21st.  If I've preordered through GreenMan (which is Euro based I believe) will I be able to redeem the key on the 10th or will it not be redeemable till the 21st?  Would I be better off canceling my order through GMG and preordering through Nuuvem?   I just don't want to wait the extra 2 weeks before I can play the game.  Thanks for any help on this matter.  

MysterD has Blade Runner on LaserDisc.

He hasn't watched it yet, but he will.
Actually, no - I don't have Blade Runner on any format period.

I rent tons of movies - but really own pretty much close to nothing.

I often see a movie once, have no interest in seeing it ever again.

I have never seen Blade Runner, actually. It's actually On Demand, on one of those paid stations that I have a sub to.

It's either on Starz, Showtime, and Cinemax - gonna have to look.

EDIT:

When Black Friday rolls around in a few months you'll be able to pick up a 970 for $300. Also, EVGA cards are often overpriced compared to Gigabyte, MSI, and ASUS... and they're no better.
A few days ago, NewEgg has had a MSI GTX 970 for $300.

The 770 I bought for $300 about a year and a half ago outperforms the 960. And apparently despite the 4GB VRAM the bus size is only 128? Is that right?
Correct.

Actually, no - I don't have Blade Runner on any format period.

I rent tons of movies - but really own pretty much close to nothing.
I often see a movie once, have no interest in seeing it ever again.

I have never seen Blade Runner, actually. It's actually On Demand, on one of those paid stations that I have a sub to.
It's either on Starz, Showtime, and Cinemax - gonna have to look.
Huh. Well, you should watch it then. It's one of the better Phillip K. Dick adaptations. I've never seen the Director's Cut, which people say is much better than the original version, but it's actually hard for me to imagine the movie without Harrison Ford's voiceover narration.

Also, I've read that this is really good, and as it's not out on GOG yet. . . .

Huh. Well, you should watch it then. It's one of the better Phillip K. Dick adaptations. I've never seen the Director's Cut, which people say is much better than the original version, but it's actually hard for me to imagine the movie without Harrison Ford's voiceover narration.

Yeah, I knew the movie supposed to be great. I should take the time and watch it.

Yeah, I heard the game supposed to be pretty good from Westwood, as well. I don't have it from retail or anything. Would be nice if it showed-up on GOG, Steam, or somewhere digitally.

Not sure if anyone else is interested and missed out on the Bard's Tale 4 promo, but Nuuvem has Wasteland 2 on sale for ~12.80, a historic low according to Enhanced Steam, no Hola shenanigans necessary.  Bought and activated on Steam no problem.

http://www.nuuvem.com/item/wasteland-2

Figured that was as good a price as any to toss it in the backlog and wait for that free GoTY update that's supposedly coming soon.

Not sure if anyone is planning a movie night, but both Blade Runner and Soldier are set in the same universe. ...as for Blade Runner themed games, thank Lord Eidos for keeping the Deus Ex series going. I've even enjoyed the poorly written DX novel.

Someone has a Steamgifts giveaway with 100 copies of the Miniature Gods DLC.

90de7ca01997483eeb9f63d8acd952ce.jpg

How is RE Revelations? I only Played RE1 back in the day, but nuuvem's price is great

Already have RE5 (never played it)
Revelations is pretty good from what I've played of it. It's more like RE4 and RE5 than the first games. I first tried it on 3DS and was impressed with the game and its 3D, so that made me buy the enhanced version. You're in the RE mansion for the first parts, so the atmosphere is great. I was thinking of getting RE Revelations 2, but will probably wait for the full season to be cheaper.

Revelations is pretty good from what I've played of it. It's more like RE4 and RE5 than the first games. I first tried it on 3DS and was impressed with the game and its 3D, so that made me buy the enhanced version. You're in the RE mansion for the first parts, so the atmosphere is great. I was thinking of getting RE Revelations 2, but will probably wait for the full season to be cheaper.
I agree - RE: Revelations 1 PC is really good. And yes, it's much more similar to both RE4+5 than opposed to say RE6.

While I did like RE6 quite a bit, even despite it having a good deal of problems + flaws - I'll take RE: Rev 1 PC over RE6 any day.

Like yourself, I'm also waiting for RE: Rev 2 + Season Pass to drop.

How is RE Revelations? I only Played RE1 back in the day, but nuuvem's price is great

Already have RE5 (never played it)
It's good, but the combat is pretty flawed since it's a 3DS port, and a lot of the enemy designs are lazy. The story and atmosphere are great though.

Revelations 2 actually has better combat mechanics, but I preferred the guns/parts in Rev 1.

I was both a dirty console peasant and weeaboo today after buying 3 obscure Japanese PS3 games at Gamestop.

Look what I've been reduced to! ...So when's the winter sale?

bread's done
Back