Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
OK Cheapy, I don't know what kind of deals you've been cutting lately, but why the  fuck is there a banner ad on this page for ASStroglide, the sperm-friendly lube?!?  Browsing history be damned, that shit ain't right.  :shame:

why the fuck is there a banner ad on this page for ASStroglide, the sperm-friendly lube?!?
photo-325333.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Cheapy, I don't know what kind of deals you've been cutting lately, but why the fuck is there a banner ad on this page for ASStroglide, the sperm-friendly lube?!? Browsing history be damned, that shit ain't right. :shame:
Has nothing to do with browsing history. I have do not track and Google disabled from using searches and other info to display "relevant" ads and still got the ad.

Oh no, not again! The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is 75% off on Steam. (Daily Deal)

I resisted last time, thanks to some timely intervention, but it seems Activision is all but telegraphing the removal of that game from Steam with yet another sale. I love Spidey. I don't love crappy games. Must. Resist.

This... is a good game. But... three of the achievements require you to play hours upon hours of the same song.

Still Alive.

Needless to say this was my reaction about a third of the way through those achievements...

StarTrek-mindblown-2-1.gif

fuck that song. If the overexposure back when Portal came out wasn't enough to make you hate it, this definitely will be.

Oh no, not again! The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is 75% off on Steam. (Daily Deal)

I resisted last time, thanks to some timely intervention, but it seems Activision is all but telegraphing the removal of that game from Steam with yet another sale. I love Spidey. I don't love crappy games. Must. Resist.
The real question is, why are these games still $40 MSRP? They've already cast another actor to play Spider-Man as a kid in hopes that we'll forgot Andrew Garfield and Toby MacGuire were ever involved in the series.

I'm currently testing the outer limits of the steam refund policy. I bought Khet 2.0 on the last day of the sale. Which was 16 days ago.
I bought Particle Mace on the second to last day of the sale (Encore Saturday), but it got put in this week's IG Monday bundle, so I refunded it then. It was 16 days past purchase and they granted the refund.

New Bundle Stars bundle. Abstract Bundle 2

$2.99 gets you

ibb & obb - Best Friends Forever Double Pack

Tomb of Tyrants

Reflections

Glass Wing

Nomad

TRIP: Steam Edition

Khet 2.0

Strata

Fake Colours

Chime

I'm currently testing the outer limits of the steam refund policy. I bought Khet 2.0 on the last day of the sale. Which was 16 days ago.
Nice, the only one I own from that bundle is Fake Colours. The extra copy from ibb & obb gift will be added in my inventory collecting digital dust.

I hope Reflections is good which I'm really interested. Early Access on Steam two weeks ago.

Nice, the only one I own from that bundle is Fake Colours. The extra copy from ibb & obb gift will be added in my inventory collecting digital dust.

I hope Reflections is good which I'm really interested. Early Access on Steam two weeks ago.
Yeah.. it's sad when a game was released less than 2 weeks ago and it's already bundled.

I have no idea how these devs have the intelligence to make a decent game, but basically give their game away for pennies after it's done.

Holy crap that is a good deal.  Too bad I don't have easy access to a Microcenter.  Then again, I don't exactly need that kind of horsepower to run my GoG copy of Heroes of Might and Magic 1 (what I'm currently playing...while just-purchased AC Black Flag sits dormant...).

Insane price for a great card, damn these Canadian prices. For a new build, I wouldn't go with less than 8gb vram and 16gb ram. Gotta be prepared against any bad console ports that will pop up in the future, especially as I only have 1gb vram right now on the ol' 5870.

Holy crap that is a good deal. Too bad I don't have easy access to a Microcenter. Then again, I don't exactly need that kind of horsepower to run my GoG copy of Heroes of Might and Magic 1 (what I'm currently playing...while just-purchased AC Black Flag sits dormant...).
You have Black Flag, so there are other AC games that 4GB card could help with - like say AC: Unity.

I'm sure 4+ GB VRAM would help w/ also running The Crew, Far Cry 4, Batman AK, and Shadow of Mordor - all which at certain settings can eat up 3.5+ GB of VRAM.

EDIT:

Man, that GTX 980 would actually have the horsepower to back up that 4GB VRAM, unlike...
Well, the 4GB 960 is holding up way better than expected on Batman: AK.

At 1080p, I pumped up Batman: AK to High on 1st set of settings + it still performs the same here, as it was w/ stuff on Normal. It cracks 25-30 frames w/ the framerate cap on (as Iron Galaxy intended), no matter what. No stutters, nothing.

Difference is, now it gets up to almost regularly from 3700 to almost 4000 MB (somewhere around 39xx) on chewing through VRAM.

You have Black Flag, so there are other AC games that 4GB card could help with - like say AC: Unity.

I'm sure 4+ GB VRAM would help w/ also running The Crew, Far Cry 4, Batman AK, and Shadow of Mordor - all which at certain settings can eat up 3.5+ GB of VRAM.
Shadow of Mordor only with the high res texture pack. I run that sucker on Ultra/60FPS/1080 with a 2 GB R9 series card, and the HD content is a bit crap as it doesnt really improve anything visually. Its almost useless. Very well optimized game, except the Celebrimbor DLC does use a bit more resources.

Shadow of Mordor only with the high res texture pack. I run that sucker on Ultra/60FPS/1080 with a 2 GB R9 series card, and the HD content is a bit crap as it doesnt really improve anything visually. Its almost useless. Very well optimized game, except the Celebrimbor DLC does use a bit more resources.
Would the texture pack be better off w/ even higher-resolutions?

i.e. maybe 1440p? 4K?

Also will rep for Chime but trying for those achievements...ugh. Been trying to do the 100% coverage one on and off with no success, other then finding out a purely instrumental song can get stuck in your head (if you hear it 50+ times).

Also will rep for Chime but trying for those achievements...ugh. Been trying to do the 100% coverage one on and off with no success, other then finding out a purely instrumental song can get stuck in your head (if you hear it 50+ times).
"Ultimate Champion"? That one's easy to do over a few days. You don't have to do all the stages in one playthrough; don't build large quads, go for multiple small ones so you get extra time added, some bonus points, and you have enough time to fill up the board. Concentrate on filling up as much as you can then go back to fill in the blanks.

Do one song, then quit the game and try the next one later.

The Portal cake ones are going to test your patience. You can only do these in Still Alive, and you NEED to keep the combo going until you get a companion cube piece (it's x15 or something?). I was able to get 5 to 7 pieces per 9 minute round.

I bought Particle Mace on the second to last day of the sale (Encore Saturday), but it got put in this week's IG Monday bundle, so I refunded it then. It was 16 days past purchase and they granted the refund.
Yeah, I just got my refund approved.

Somebody (I believe it was John Harker) said the other day that they successfully got a refund after 18 days. So I guess that 14 day thing is more of a rough guideline rather than a hard n fast rule.

Yeah, I just got my refund approved.

Somebody (I believe it was John Harker) said the other day that they successfully got a refund after 18 days. So I guess that 14 day thing is more of a rough guideline rather than a hard n fast rule.
Yeah, if its 14 they just automatically approve it, but later its at their discretion, but they seem to be lenient if you're just a few days over.

My point is you should get your butt to microcenter! 4GB Vram on a card with a 128 bus is like ___s on a mooby!

Re: DR3... maybe.  Hilarious they were too cheap to put it at 66% off during summer sale less than a month ago but it's fine when it's a random daily.  If the game weren't locked at 30 FPS it would be a no brainer.

My point is you should get your butt to microcenter! 4GB Vram on a card with a 128 bus is like ___s on a mooby!

Re: DR3... maybe. Hilarious they were too cheap to put it at 66% off during summer sale less than a month ago but it's fine when it's a random daily. If the game weren't locked at 30 FPS it would be a no brainer.
Huh, I actually remember playing at 60fps back when it launched. It can get rough when you're in vehicles though.

bread's done
Back