Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Don't remember where I saw it at, maybe Steam forums, but a simple alteration of one line in the ini improved my performance in Dying Light considerably.

it ran so well the first 3 hours I played on launch night and then, when I started my game back up the following day, the fps went to shit. I don't have much faith in techland to really improve performance further through patching.

Don't buy games AT ALL. Be a farmer. Or a massage therapist.
perfect segue for me to say lords of shadow 2 is chronically underrated. its pretty, runs like a champ and is a all around fun game. the fact that it has "castlevania" in its title hurts it more than it helps. yep, finally got that off my chest :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: MysterD and performance to say 'cards like the 900 series exist,' well, they were released... what... six months ago? Less? To release a game expecting more than 20% or so of your customer base to have the absolute latest video card is unrealistic. And while it's true the 780 and 780ti's have been out for awhile... again... you're talking maybe the top third at best in terms of people who have those cards.
I think w/ new consoles here, this is going to be that push to make PC gamers who ain't upgraded GPU's in quite a while (like myself) or are in that situation of needing to build a new PC - to do so and be set for quite a long while on the PC. I think this is that spike, that can cause gamers - those don't have a GF 770, 780, 960, 970, or 980 or any of the AMD equiv's - to aim for those realms.

The next-gen of consoles is here and it is pushing our PC specs way up in terms of raw-power (since the companies likely ain't using the PS3 + XB360 as the low-end anymore - it's now XB1 + PS4 as the low-end system) and many of these newer PC games (especially in the AAA arena) are pushing for 2GB+ cards for recommended specs (see Wolf TNO, Dying Light, Far Cry 4, ACU, SoM, Ryse, etc) - I only see the specs for especially newer AAA titles on PC now going through the roof for a while.

I ain't had to worry about running any new games since building a new PC in May 2011 at my preferred settings (1080p, have it look acceptable to me, and hitting a stable framerate somewhere that I could lock somewhere b/t 30-60 FPS), until the last few months - when this sudden spike + increase in specs happened. Watch Dogs is really the first game here to push my PC.

This trend is very similar to what happened, when the X360 dropped and PC-versions of the same games decided to increase immensely all of sudden in PC system requirements.

dark souls 2 was the last game i bought on release. no performance problems with that one homie.
I wouldn't expect a game that had a version released so far only on X360 + PS3 to run poorly on modern PC hardware.

Keep in mind - the next-gen Dark Souls 2 version for XB1, PS4, and PC has not been released yet.

I will be curious, how things run - once they released that version and put back in those original lighting effects and any other graphics enhancements (HD textures, more graphics bells + whistles, etc).

(Lots of stuff)
Maybe. But I don't see any game for the next couple of years pushing beyond 2 gig of VRAM for 1080. Keep in mind on the console versions of Dying Light the draw distance is locked at 0. And all of those recommended specs include the performance degrading and crappy looking post processing effects that many people turn off simply because the game looks better without them.

I wouldn't expect a game that had a version released so far only on X360 + PS3 to run poorly on modern PC hardware.

Keep in mind - the next-gen Dark Souls 2 version for XB1, PS4, and PC has not been released yet.
I will be curious, how things run - once they released that version and put back in those original lighting effects and any other graphics enhancements (HD textures, more graphics bells + whistles, etc).
good point.

As a fan of neither team I was happy that the game was good. The ads on the other hand were terrible. I don't need car companies telling me which way my moral compass should point.

Maybe. But I don't see any game for the next couple of years pushing beyond 2 gig of VRAM for 1080. Keep in mind on the console versions of Dying Light the draw distance is locked at 0. And all of those recommended specs include the performance degrading and crappy looking post processing effects that many people turn off simply because the game looks better without them.
Please stop pretending you have even the tiniest of a clue as to how PC hardware works. You're probably the 2nd dumbest PC user (and you know Ed123 is #1) I've ever had the misfortune to chat with. I love seeing people piss and moan about having to buy new hardware every 3 years. Back in the glory days of PC gaming you practically HAD to buy at least a new GPU (sometimes even a CPU) every single year. Now you can go years and years using a $300 black friday laptop. I'd love to see things go back to the good old days of technical hurdles and $$$ hardware to drive these indie idiots and console rejects back out PC gaming forever.

So I was wondering how hard it is to get Fallout 3 running on a PC that's running Windows 8?
I had no issues getting it to start up. I'm sure that type of thing varies system to system, but mine was fine. Modded the crap out of it and never played it though, so I don't know if it has performance issues.

I had no issues getting it to start up. I'm sure that type of thing varies system to system, but mine was fine. Modded the crap out of it and never played it though, so I don't know if it has performance issues.
Thanks. I keep thinking about getting it, but that warning on Steam has been scaring me off.

Speaking of which, Steam keeps hardlocking on me tonight. I had to force quit out of 4 times so far.

bread's done
Back