Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I should have known something was up when people were actually talking.

I'm noticing that too and there needs to be a way to turn it off because I keep getting spammed with multiple people going through and voting for all the crap in that Groupees bundle all at once.

Thanks Poopees. :roll:
You can shut it off, just unselect "Favorites an Item?" under the Friend Activity Settings. Unless you really want to see all the greenlight shame.

Finished Wolfenstein: The New Order in Uber difficulty, got all the missing items, and have a 100% collection rating on it.

I need a drink. Again.

I do appreciate that the game doesn't give enemies more HP in harder difficulties, it only makes them deadlier.

I grabbed alpha kimori 1.  (1st code I believe)  Thanks. :)

It's crazy how many copies of games some of you folks accumulate.  I suppose it just happens as you see more and more bundles that are mixes of new and repeat offerings.

Some of those games are really fun (like Dust).  I hope they went to folks who'll play them and not somebody looking for just another +1.  (crazy to say around game collectors, I know) :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed alpha kimori 1. (1st code I believe) Thanks. :)

It's crazy how many copies of games some of you folks accumulate. I suppose it just happens as you see more and more bundles that are mixes of new and repeat offerings.

Some of those games are really fun (like Dust). I hope they went to folks who'll play them and not somebody looking for just another +1. (crazy to say around game collectors, I know) :rofl:
1345421398386923_animate.gif

Don't be dumb like me and buy Double Dragon Arcade collection.

I mean it's a solid batch of games even if the music doesn't loop correctly. The problem is Double Dragon's best incarnations were pretty much all on the NES* and even if you are absolutely gay for brawlers like me, Final Fight is about as old as you want to get and still be playable. I think DD3 arcade even has the dubious honor of having an Iphone style cash shop, taking your quarters to sell weapons and stuff to you.

*Not counting the modern stuff of course. Double Dragon Advance is still the king of the DD franchise, undisputed. SoRR levels of fanservice and quality there. Iphone game second place. 

In addition, if you didn't play Fork Parker's Profit Hike, you should. I don't even know what Fork Parker is but it's a fun platformer.

Oh and Watch Dogs ran fine for me and I really enjoyed it. So there.

Suprisingly from that free games list I think I was only missing 3 or 4...too bad they were long gone by the time I got to them. Half of those I didn't even knew I owned!

You can shut it off, just unselect "Favorites an Item?" under the Friend Activity Settings. Unless you really want to see all the greenlight shame.
It's actually somewhat useful. When a friend upvotes a greenlight item, it shows how many people rated it (not just your friends) in your activity feed.. meaning we get a peak at greenlight stats? I don't know if this info can be used for anything, but it can be compared to games that are supposedly in the top ranks to see how many votes on average it takes to get greenlit.

Don't get ahead of yourself mooby I've seen you guys's taste in games
If you ever want to come back and be the resident asshole again Bruticus has been keeping your seat warm for you.

It's actually somewhat useful. When a friend upvotes a greenlight item, it shows how many people rated it (not just your friends) in your activity feed.. meaning we get a peak at greenlight stats? I don't know if this info can be used for anything, but it can be compared to games that are supposedly in the top ranks to see how many votes on average it takes to get greenlit.
Once Upon a Time that would have been useful. Now? Well maybe you can use it to decide if a crappy bottom of the barrel because that's all that's left game is going to get in 5 minutes from now or 5 days from now.

I mean there was something along the lines of 450 games greenlit in the last couple of weeks alone. Does it really matter at this point?

yo guys, i decide to try Dark Soul from the depth of my backlog.  Is it better to play offline or online?  I want to have a full experience but concerned about invader/griefer/cheater/hacker that may negatively impact my gaming experience

any input from past players would be appreciated.  

Anyone else psyched for Heroes of Might & Magic III HD? It's too bad it'll never have expansions since apparently the source code for that is missing...but still tons of material with what will be there.

Anyone pre-ordering? 

Once Upon a Time that would have been useful. Now? Well maybe you can use it to decide if a crappy bottom of the barrel because that's all that's left game is going to get in 5 minutes from now or 5 days from now.

I mean there was something along the lines of 450 games greenlit in the last couple of weeks alone. Does it really matter at this point?
y u gotta bring Once Upon a Time into this

Anyone else psyched for Heroes of Might & Magic III HD? It's too bad it'll never have expansions since apparently the source code for that is missing...but still tons of material with what will be there.

Anyone pre-ordering?
Nope, but I'll definitely add it to my wishlist backlog.

Anyone pre-ordering?
Supposedly you can just get the GoG version of Heroes 3 compete and then download an HD mod for it and then you'd get the expansions + HD.

Supposedly you can just get the GoG version of Heroes 3 compete and then download an HD mod for it and then you'd get the expansions + HD.
Well, presumably it wouldn't be the same. Like the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.

That being said, just looking to see if anyone's hyped. Totally waiting for reviews before I even consider it (in case it's a crash like Age of Empires HD)

yo guys, i decide to try Dark Soul from the depth of my backlog. Is it better to play offline or online? I want to have a full experience but concerned about invader/griefer/cheater/hacker that may negatively impact my gaming experience

It has been a while since I played but I don't recall many negative consequences to staying in hollow/undead form in Dark Souls 1 (unlike demons souls where it reduced your max health).

While hollow you can't be invaded by other players but you also can't summon other players or npcs to help with difficult areas or bosses and you can't kindle bonfires while hollowed either.

Kindling a bonfire raises your maximum estus flasks restored by that specific bonfire by 5 each time to a maximum of 20 iirc. I wouldn't kindle every one but it can be handy for difficult areas or bonfires that you use a lot in central locations. You can always briefly go into human form to kindle and then kill yourself to go hollow again if you want to avoid invasions.

In certain areas there are also npc red phantoms that spawn when you are in human form that usually have unique or better than average loot.

I would probably stay in hollow form most of the time at the beginning until you get used to the game. It can be really frustrating when someone with a griefing build invades you at low level and immediately breaks all of your equipment leaving you with a big repair bill.

TL,DR: You can stay hollowed most of the time to avoid invasions but there are some situations where it is beneficial to use humanity to become human (summoning, kindling, etc). And if you want the full Dark Souls experience you need to fight off a few invaders at inopportune moments. :)

I amazed that Skyrim frequently STILL shows up in the top selling games list, even when it's not on sale! It's been out over 3 years on sale a kajillion times and it's not an obscure game. How the hell do people who wanted it on the PC not have it by now? Are they buying extra copies for their dog?

Yeah, I don't. I was waiting for GOTY at 4.99 like the rest of their massive rpgs but recent sales of other Bethesda games have made it clear that is no longer going to happen. Course we all know I don't need to add it to the backlog but what happens when 50% becomes the new 66%?

Shadowrun: Hong Kong
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong

Still never picked up Dragonfall Director's Cut..
Yeah I would say I shamefully backed this but the two Shadowrun games were the only two games I completed last year so the more funding they get the better. I think I wound up spending about 9 on the first and 15 on Dragonfall total buying them individually as base game, expansion and both tablet versions. I am more than happy to snakeybro a pc version to help get a bigger better game.

With a whole lot of luck they blow away the funding of the first game. 3 days in and almost a half a million raised.

Well, presumably it wouldn't be the same. Like the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.

That being said, just looking to see if anyone's hyped. Totally waiting for reviews before I even consider it (in case it's a crash like Age of Empires HD)
I personally haven't downloaded or installed the mod yet but it very well might look just as good and you'd get all the content. Even if it doesn't look quite as good. I'd rather have all the content. As soon as I saw the expansions weren't included I went from hyped to instant pass and then I found out there was already a way to play it in HD anyway.

I personally haven't downloaded or installed the mod yet but it very well might look just as good and you'd get all the content. Even if it doesn't look quite as good. I'd rather have all the content. As soon as I saw the expansions weren't included I went from hyped to instant pass and then I found out there was already a way to play it in HD anyway.
It's not the same. The sprites are redone for the new version and it does look better. There's a thread about it here.

Pics or it didn't happen.

*Edited to also add a video showing that yes they actually did put some work into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrRr0DMnBc4

But GOG people will just think it's the same anyway because everything on GOG is better.

Also because Ubisoft is utter shit at communicating with the community and promoting anything that isn't AC. Instead of getting their ass on that forum and doing it themselves, some random guy had to go dig up all that information and post it with pictures as an unofficial FAQ.

Knowing them they probably think 95% of their audience will pirate it anyway. :roll:

If you ever want to come back and be the resident asshole again Bruticus has been keeping your seat warm for you.
We need more assholes. Too many dumbasses in here with the same opinion.

Also, RS vs. Bruticis gives me a mental image of that duel from GoT season 4.

I played some Civ: Beyond Earth last night. I don't know what to think.

It just feels like Civ V with a mod, there's not much of a divergence from its predecessor. You land on a planet, build a city, expand, fight off the locals, and research stuff. Apart from the setting there really isn't much different.

I'm wondering if there's some fundamental shift at the end-game stage, or whether I should stop murdering the local wildlife in a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingsall manner, surely there has to be something different about it?

If I'd paid full price, or even 50% off for this, I'd be feeling short-changed.

I did enjoy myself, mind.

:whee:

It just feels like Civ V with a mod, there's not much of a divergence from its predecessor. You land on a planet, build a city, expand, fight off the locals, and research stuff. Apart from the setting there really isn't much different.

I'm wondering if there's some fundamental shift at the end-game stage, or whether I should stop murdering the local wildlife in a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingsall manner, surely there has to be something different about it?

I tried the demo a while back and that's how I felt too. Nice but much like a Civ V mod or expansion. I like Civ V but I don't know that I need to Fakeybro essentially the same game over again with a different setting. I'll wait. Plus it's 2K so you know there's going to be lots of DLC and several Complete (PSYCHE!) Versions.

It has been a while since I played but I don't recall many negative consequences to staying in hollow/undead form in Dark Souls 1 (unlike demons souls where it reduced your max health).

While hollow you can't be invaded by other players but you also can't summon other players or npcs to help with difficult areas or bosses and you can't kindle bonfires while hollowed either.

Kindling a bonfire raises your maximum estus flasks restored by that specific bonfire by 5 each time to a maximum of 20 iirc. I wouldn't kindle every one but it can be handy for difficult areas or bonfires that you use a lot in central locations. You can always briefly go into human form to kindle and then kill yourself to go hollow again if you want to avoid invasions.

In certain areas there are also npc red phantoms that spawn when you are in human form that usually have unique or better than average loot.

I would probably stay in hollow form most of the time at the beginning until you get used to the game. It can be really frustrating when someone with a griefing build invades you at low level and immediately breaks all of your equipment leaving you with a big repair bill.

TL,DR: You can stay hollowed most of the time to avoid invasions but there are some situations where it is beneficial to use humanity to become human (summoning, kindling, etc). And if you want the full Dark Souls experience you need to fight off a few invaders at inopportune moments. :)
can i just play offline, only go online only when i need NPC help and achieve the same end result?

I tried the demo a while back and that's how I felt too. Nice but much like a Civ V mod or expansion. I like Civ V but I don't know that I need to Fakeybro essentially the same game over again with a different setting. I'll wait. Plus it's 2K so you know there's going to be lots of DLC and several Complete (PSYCHE!) Versions.
there won't be a complete version. 2K will use borderland model

can i just play offline, only go online only when i need NPC help and achieve the same end result?
NPC help requires human form, has nothing to with on/offline. Prior to to Steam integration, I mostly played as hollow, only being invaded once while human. Though, I hear it is more prevalent since the conversion to Steam.

there won't be a complete version. 2K will use borderland model
It's arguable that Borderlands used the Civ V model. Either way, it's hard to get excited at this price.

(Somebody please buy it for MysterD so the inflated DLC prices can haunt his Steam library. Go on, you know you want to)

Anyone play this? It looks like a game I'd enjoy, but the steam reviews from August don't paint a very pretty picture about the games status. Has it gotten better since then?
If you've never played a Kings Bounty game, then perhaps you should. I played through Armored Princess a while back and enjoyed it a LOT. That said, I don't see much difference between Armored Princess/Crossworlds/ Warriors In The North. The new one looks like more of the same.

Advice: buy AP/Crossworlds/WitN from the Trade Thread and play that instead. They're all pretty much the same game and the older titles were bundled a while ago.

NPC help requires human form, has nothing to with on/offline. Prior to to Steam integration, I mostly played as hollow, only being invaded once while human. Though, I hear it is more prevalent since the conversion to Steam.
so it's best that i play offline to avoid griefers? would I miss out on anything? i don't think i will call on friends to help since none of them own Dark Souls

so it's best that i play offline to avoid griefers? would I miss out on anything? i don't think i will call on friends to help since none of them own Dark Souls
Not really. I suppose if you get really stuck on a boss, you can go back online, but I never found the experience lacking by playing the entire game offline.

yo guys, i decide to try Dark Soul from the depth of my backlog. Is it better to play offline or online? I want to have a full experience but concerned about invader/griefer/cheater/hacker that may negatively impact my gaming experience

you'll never experience the elation of defeating an invader if your not playing online. that said you can always switch it to offline if it gets too annoying (ie belfry luna).

I've read in reviews that what brings it down is its lack of new ideas, etc. Very similar to Civ V apparently. I still want it though.

You can be offline all the time, but you need to be in human form to utilize in game NPCs.

I think there's going to be a new Indie Royale soon-ish. Whenever he starts blabbering about dumb shit on Twitter it usually means that.

Since they just launched a good one yesterday and the last crap Greenlight one just ended it will probably be another crap Greenlight one.

Hopefully fixed price so I can go to the bathroom.

*Edit: Yep, Indie Royale Mystery 3 bundle lunching in a few minutes.  :puke:

My bladder is safe.

*Edit2:
https://twitter.com/indieroyale/status/556124761663995904 [customspoiler=Because the CAG twitter inline sucks sometimes]@indieroyale
The Mystery 3 Bundle will be made up of 10 games. 8 from Steam, one Greenlit and one in Greenlight . All windows, 2 Mac , 1 Linux.[/customspoiler]

Expect lots of repeats or else that shit wouldn't be a mystery.

*Edit 3: 99 cents with 2.5 games showing. Price to increase as more are revealed over the two weeks it runs. Again, expect repeats.

So far:
Skyborn
Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive
Depth Hunter 2: Ocean Mysteries

There's two of them? The latter is DLC apparently.

Also Gala Happy Hour is on for [customspoiler=the current the Friday bundle.]
Cloning Clyde 
Wake - Lunar Pack 
Lunnye Devitsy - Lunar Pack 
Runes of Brennos 
The Desolate Hope 
Five Nights at Freddy's 
Theatre Of The Absurd 
Hunters Of The Dead 
9th Company: Roots Of Terror 
Mythos: The Beginning 
[/customspoiler]