Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I am buying it from the Humble Store because you get a Steam key and DRM-FREE best of both worlds. ;)
Can't not hear this in my head every time I read that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqIgOuQACHo#t=1648 (NSFSAW)

It's not a "cost." If I have extra games, I'm giving them to the community. I'd usually just do code drops. Not sure what your problem is, but take it somewhere else. If you give away games, you're free to do it however you want.
Until a mod shows up and nukes your posts for not being in the free stuff subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have extras of Knights of the Old Republic, The Sith Lords, and Jedi Academy. Quote this post stating which game you want. One game per person. Your account needs to be at least six months old, and you need to have a minimum of 20 posts and at least 5 likes. ;)
Jedi Academy if you still have it.

Does anyone want  KOTOR  or Star Wars Empire at War? I accidentally used my empire at war key (product already owned) but it should still work.

Taken

That's a zonkey.
I'm pretty sure it's a zebradon.
My vote is that it's a Zhevra

begzhevra1.jpg

Hd remakes aren't going to make the industry crash. Markets crash because people refuse to buy things, but people are eating up hd remakes for the reasons I mentioned as liking them myself earlier. If the market crashes it will be primarily because 1) It's way oversaturated, as new titles are being produced at a rate that's probably unrivaled in the history of the industry, and is only increasing w/the indie boom of the past few years and 2) Because publishers are way out of touch in terms of how much they spend on funding a title and how unrealistic their sales expectations are. There would be other factors, but I think these would be the two biggest contributors.

I get that you think remakes are dumb, but at this point I don't think it's being overdone. I don't think I've ever heard of a remake and thought "wow, was that really necessary?" Games like the first resident evil or Majora's Mask, etc, games like that which are almost two decades old...I really don't see what's wrong with bringing that onto today's systems so that they 1) are easily accessible and 2) don't look like complete crap.
well, glad to hear you feel strongly about it.. behold, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD edition

the plus: Updated resolution for 16:9 screen, optimized for Ipad with added Steam multiplayer lobby (they have delayed move from each side --> you can wait for hours for 1 single match to end... but i guess some of us have that much time and patience to endure it)

the minus: missing 2 expansion packs (included in GoG version), missing faction, neutral creatures, artifacts, no random map generator (WTF Ubisoft!?!), no mod support, game locked at 33fps for no reason...

Look, there are reasons for a re-master.. take Grim Fandango Remaster.. the old version couldn't run properly on modern machine and not available digitally; hence the remaster --> that's something to be happy about. Games like Heroes 3 HD is just a cash in with the HD bull****. And the excuse these big name publishers gave us is absurb... "we need money to make sequel so we repackage this old game and milk more $ from you".. what the hell?

I ask why they would bother to make a sequel if repacking and re-"HD" old game sell so well? You can wait forever for that "promised" sequel but the clear message u give them is "re-HD old games sell well..we eat it up so please more re-HD please!!!"

FWIW, I love HOMM3 HD, and I was a huge fan of the original (top 5 game of all time for me).  I never cared that much for the expansions, especially the conflux town which was overpowered/game breaking.  I will miss the random maps though.

well, glad to hear you feel strongly about it.. behold, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD edition

the plus: Updated resolution for 16:9 screen, optimized for Ipad with added Steam multiplayer lobby (they have delayed move from each side --> you can wait for hours for 1 single match to end... but i guess some of us have that much time and patience to endure it)

the minus: missing 2 expansion packs (included in GoG version), missing faction, neutral creatures, artifacts, no random map generator (WTF Ubisoft!?!), no mod support, game locked at 33fps for no reason...

Look, there are reasons for a re-master.. take Grim Fandango Remaster.. the old version couldn't run properly on modern machine and not available digitally; hence the remaster --> that's something to be happy about. Games like Heroes 3 HD is just a cash in with the HD bull****. And the excuse these big name publishers gave us is absurb... "we need money to make sequel so we repackage this old game and milk more $ from you".. what the hell?

I ask why they would bother to make a sequel if repacking and re-"HD" old game sell so well? You can wait forever for that "promised" sequel but the clear message u give them is "re-HD old games sell well..we eat it up so please more re-HD please!!!"
Of course some hd remakes are poorly developed cash-ins, but you can say the same of any non-remake, as well. You don't have to go outside the developer of Heroes of Might/Magic to see that (Ubisoft loves to sequel-ize the crap out of their games, and I"m sure you've heard of how crappy/bugridden/unfinished the Ass Creed games were when they dropped this year). Personally I think the much bigger issue is the excessive sequels given to series than hd remakes. Call of dutys every year. Ass creeds at least every year, sometimes twice a year, etc. Sure, Heroes M/M might've been a crappily made remake, but like I said I really don't mind games being reworked so that they both look presentable and will run on modern systems. Yeah, I'll eat hd remakes up. Give me re-made Grim Fandango, Resident evil 1/4, Majora's Mask/Ocarina of Time, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, etc over Assassin's Creed 128437 anyday.

Daily Deal
75% off SpeedRunners - $2.49 (Early Access)
75% off SpeedRunners 4-Pack - $7.49
75% off SpeedRunners - Youtuber Pack 1 - $0.74
75% off SpeedRunners - Youtuber Pack 2 - $0.74

15% off your next order*: 10AN-PREV-FEB2015 (Expires Feb. 9)
*Excludes: Battlefield Hardline, Evolve and GTA V
Daily Deals
85% off Back to the Future The Game (SecuROM) - $3.74

Weekly, Midweek and Weekend Deals
Ending 2/8
Up to 80% off Chivalry games and DLC

70% off Prince of Persia games (all Tagès except Forgotten Sands which is Uplay.)

Today only, all games are half off. Collector's Edition Coupon: HALF / Standard Version Coupon: OFF

If you Fakeybro'd Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 the Trading Cards are now available.

6 Total 3 Drops.

Is this one of those weird paradox things were you rant about me ranting and you advise me to stop ranting at others by ranting at me? Cause those totally make my head hurt thinking about the infinite loopholes. Besides, I'm happiest when I've just dispensed re-education unto the masses.
Then by all means re-educate away. It was actually part bad morning, part irritation about the "good old days," and part figuring no one can actually enjoy getting that worked up.

Wait. If I ranted about your rant, and you educated me about the ranting paradox, after which I educated you about my rant, what does that do to the paradox?

Bonus question: Do this post and your post I've quoted count as rants?

Daily Deal
75% off SpeedRunners - $2.49 (Early Access)
75% off SpeedRunners 4-Pack - $7.49
75% off SpeedRunners - Youtuber Pack 1 - $0.74
75% off SpeedRunners - Youtuber Pack 2 - $0.74

15% off your next order*: 10AN-PREV-FEB2015 (Expires Feb. 9)
*Excludes: Battlefield Hardline, Evolve and GTA V
Daily Deals
85% off Back to the Future The Game (SecuROM) - $3.74
Leave it to Gamersgate to have an extra 15% off coupon when nothing spectacular is on sale or there ain't a glitch happening...

Leave it to Gamersgate to have an extra 15% off coupon when nothing spectacular is on sale or there ain't a glitch happening...
That's exactly the strategy.

"Here's 15% off of shit you don't want."

Some poor dumb sod will buy something/anything/dogshit just so the coupon/"money saving opportunity" doesn't go to waste.

Very clever GG. Well played.

I find it funny how many people complain about these remakes.

Yet I have lost track of how many times I have heard "If only they would take Planescape/MOO2/SMAC/Tribes/etc and improve the graphics!"

Yet I have lost track of how many times I have heard "If only they would take Planescape/MOO2/SMAC/Tribes/etc and improve the graphics!"
My problem usually stems from the fact that they're doing a HD re-release, remake, etc after a very short period of time - i.e. say 1 years or 2. It makes more sense on consoles to do the HD treatment, if they want to re-release a game for a newer + much better console.

I'm not against it entirely. Namely b/c - if patient, this can be had cheap some time down the line. Usually, it's the pricing that's the problem - and more so than anything, it screws old-version owners - often b/c they have to buy the game again (to get extra content, extra graphics features, to collect DLC's, etc); or b/c the discount seems very weak.

Example:

I'm guessing on the PC side of things, Dark Souls 2 PC fans ain't too happy about the upcoming HD Re-Release - especially if they've already collected all of the DLC's for the original version already. Someone who owns Dark Souls 2 base-game that also don't own many or any of Dark Souls 2 DLC's might be possibly interested (to get the missing DLC's); and those who don't own even Dark Souls 2 base-game are going to be very interested in the HD Re-Release.

Because we don't have to pay extra money for someone to do so.

Haven't you ever heard of graphics mods?

That's cause MOO3 sucked and was completely wrong.... Of COURSE I want MOO2 remade. But if Ubisoft were in charge of it, I'd burn it with fire.

Then by all means re-educate away. It was actually part bad morning, part irritation about the "good old days," and part figuring no one can actually enjoy getting that worked up.

Wait. If I ranted about your rant, and you educated me about the ranting paradox, after which I educated you about my rant, what does that do to the paradox?

Bonus question: Do this post and your post I've quoted count as rants?
It's an endless cycle that can't be broken.

bread's done
Back