Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
lion-king-alternate-ending-gif.gif
i rubbed his nose in it...no need for murder

Buying my first mechanical keyboard; I can't decide between the Corsair K70 RGB and the Das Keyboard Professional. On the Corsair side of things, I like the customizable backlighting, and the detachable wrist rest. As far as the Das goes, I like the built in USB 3.0 hub, the volume tuner, and the overall look and feel seems like something that would suit my needs. I'm torn.
I'd get the Das without silkscreened lettering ....to keep the plebs off my keyboard.

Buying my first mechanical keyboard; I can't decide between the Corsair K70 RGB and the Das Keyboard Professional. On the Corsair side of things, I like the customizable backlighting, and the detachable wrist rest. As far as the Das goes, I like the built in USB 3.0 hub, the volume tuner, and the overall look and feel seems like something that would suit my needs. I'm torn.
I'm a fan of Corsair but their quality control has gone to hell lately. I use the Das at work and I love it but I use a Ducky Shine 4 at home and it's the undisputed king of mechanicals if you ask my unbiased and off topic opinion.

I have 3 Das Professionals, but the one before the volume tuner with media buttons. I love them, but I type more than I play games on it. Not that I play games with it.

I don't have a Ducky, but I should bug my cousin to get me one. They cost about 50% more than a Das, so they're not cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 Das Professionals, but the one before the volume tuner with media buttons. I love them, but I type more than I play games on it. Not that I play games with it.

I don't have a Ducky, but I should bug my cousin to get me one. They cost about 50% more than a Das, so they're not cheap.
I type way more than I game, so I definitely want something that's good for more than just gaming.

There's a whole separate section to talk video games. I just don't get the need to get messy here.
I don't get the need for you to even comment about it. You have literally contributed nothing of value to this thread. Virtually every one of the regulars in this thread who posts off topic stuff has also contributed something of value to the community. You, nothing.

If you want to have a say at the table, try bringing something to the potluck.

I don't get the need for you to even comment about it. You have literally contributed nothing of value to this thread. Virtually every one of the regulars in this thread who posts off topic stuff has also contributed something of value to the community. You, nothing.

1195283_orig.gif

Lotsa L-ish Games in February update ...

Completed
LA Noire
Luftrausers
Life is Strange Ep. 1
Love
Little Inferno
Leona's Tricky Adventures
Lume
Lightfish
LIMBO

Abandoned
Life of Pixel 
Lunnye Devitsy 

Added LIMBO to the finished pile. It's outstanding. I'm glad I finally got around to playing it.

Let's all the regs just stop posting here and see how wonderful the contributions about PC Digital Deals become.  

I mean if we're being serious, threads like Steam Deals, PSN Deals, XBL Deals Nintendo e-Shop deals are all completely fucking pointless and unnecessary because all these digital retailers/sites have a convenient little landing page where all the lazy fucking robots can go clickety click and get their fill of deals up the ass.  

But nobody wants that because it renders this site a pointless relic of a time when we all had to drive out of our way to score cheap video games and let each other know online.  

I mean do they really want the only video game deals to be the once a month Cheapy updates the GreenManGaming page and Neweggjeff posts?  

i will bring complaints about off topic posts to the potluck

Lotsa L-ish Games in February update ...

Completed
LA Noire
Luftrausers
Life is Strange Ep. 1
Love
Little Inferno
Leona's Tricky Adventures
Lume
Lightfish
LIMBO

Abandoned
Life of Pixel
Lunnye Devitsy
Luxuria Superbia
I just tried playing Luxuria Supurbia and I kinda feel violated. I think my laptop tricked me into giving it orgasms. :cry:

I got a kick out of this. Fast forward to 1:07, she's baaacccckkk...

Edit: seriously watch it, some of the shots are hilarious. They always make sure to cut back to her!

I got a kick out of this. Fast forward to 1:07, she's baaacccckkk...
Edit: seriously watch it, some of the shots are hilarious. They always make sure to cut back to her!
Ahem!

ntrDESt.gif

That said, I do love the random shot a cat just checking out the mouse/keyboard before wandering off and the fact that all the developers seem to be hard at work on... the title screen?

Zrinka is a serious game developer, donchaknow?

And speaking of Life is Strange, I think McDonald's in Oregon'ing is as much or more of a meta game to Redditors as +1ing is to us because there's a ton of comments there from people spending way too much damned time trying to figure out how to buy from a store they're not supposed to be buying from for some crappy Oh-My-God-Becky game when they could just spend another $3 and get it from an easy place to McDonalds in Oregon (Nuuvem) or just wait for a sale to come to their village*.

*I did not specify the continent their villages may be on and therefor disavow any Xenopobia in this post.

Ahem!

ntrDESt.gif

That said, I do love the random shot a cat just checking out the mouse/keyboard before wandering off and the fact that all the developers seem to be hard at work on... the title screen?
HA I knew someone would have posted this! I read through all the pages today but missed your spoiler tag lol. Sorry man, where's the gun in mouth emoji I can't find it :???:, probably censored.

Screw that stupid game. I can't even remember anything about the last one except her beyond it was utterly generic and called Legends of Something or Other.

They should make a Zrinka Kickstarter. Webisodes, or better yet an emo adventure game with choice and (the same) consequences. Life is Zrinka!

So apparently key drops are now considered off topic wow
And some guy decided to drop a deuce in our punch bowl
10% off Disney games
Time to throw away my keyboard i just ruined it seeing all these great deals
#winteravengerismyhero
#moonshine4evah
#baconcheeseburger
#unsober

Screw that stupid game. I can't even remember anything about the last one except her beyond it was utterly generic and called Legends of Something or Other.

They should make a Zrinka Kickstarter. Webisodes, or better yet an emo adventure game with choice and (the same) consequences. Life is Zrinka!
Zrinkapop

Another week and more complaints how off topic this cluster fuck of a thread is. Of course we have the usual crusaders all up in arms over the right to spew shit like babbling monkeys where ever they see fit. I still hold out hope that someday with future space reaper technologies we can get another thread for off topic shit posting. I'm guessing most of you just shit all over the living room floor too, right? Why go to the restroom when you can just do it right where you stand.
No need, I have one of these.

250px-Lazy_Man_Toilet_Seat.jpg

This picture reminded me of you:

10958820_814846135231364_7788672919191175372_n.png
LOL

I've got a folder full of pics like that. I've held off on posting them because I know that we have several Seattle natives here. If the loss were just your garden variety Super Bowl loss, I might have posted em' (and then probably gotten temp-banned for off topic posting). But that was pretty much Seattle's Bill Buckner moment and I'm just not a big enough jerk to rub salt in a wound like that.

Though I guess I'm a big enough jerk to put the crucial play in my avatar.

Re: mechanical keyboards.

I'm using a Corsair K70, it's my first mechanical and I kinda like it. But is it worth the premium? I don't think it is.

Until you go back to using a horrible membrane keyboard. Then everything is horrible.

Once you go mech... (somebody please finish this for me - I've had like six hours of terribly broken sleep and I feel like the world wants to cave in on my head)

RE: Dreamatrix and Legends of Dawn

Say what you want, but they managed a successful kickstarter campaign.  You don't think they have Zrinka doing their sales pitch just because, do you? It's a smart way to get people in the door and talking.  And the fact that they're still sending out kickstarter updates for LoD is both surprising and refreshing in a world where many devs go silent or blatantly tell their consumers to straight up fuck off. Now, game quality is certainly an open debate.  

Still people who don't have Into The War?

JDYAR-47Q9Q-B44JW

9D29I-J8QLT-C9L8I

TWKQ3-Y8M0A-M4A6R

7XMG6-4483Z-3IYPK

BW3BC-HBVKN-EPK88

RNQYB-K228N-ZQ2KA

0II5X-5BK3L-IC2GD

JIXW0-D0PM7-WB59L

A8KIP-A5FX7-7FI2L

Z0WCR-73B2L-3GKH8

New Indie Ammo Box bundle:

$1 or more for:

Ravensword: Shadowlands

Akane the Kunoichi

Rhythm Destruction

Z: Steel Soldiers

$5 or more for:

Waking Mars

Spacechem

Crimsonland

$1-tier ain't too shabby if you have none of them. Most of us have Spacechem from when it was free though, and Crimsonland was in a semi-recent IG Monday (and just given away recently, thanks again Eastx). At the very least, Waking Mars is pretty good.

Say what you want, but they managed a successful kickstarter campaign. You don't think they have Zrinka doing their sales pitch just because, do you? It's a smart way to get people in the door and talking. And the fact that they're still sending out kickstarter updates for LoD is both surprising and refreshing in a world where many devs go silent or blatantly tell their consumers to straight up fuck off. Now, game quality is certainly an open debate.
I probably backed too many Kickstarters and there are some others around here worse than me, I won't name which president they are named after but alcohol was involved in their backings. There are others that give updates well after the fact through Kickstarter, though not the majority. Some move to other venues like mailing list or Steam or whatever and that's fine too as long as they are communicating. Pretty much all of them will suddenly send an update to their last Kickstarter backers if they launch a new one though. That's almost a given.

FWIW, eye-rollingly obvious pretty girl very clearly reading a script marketing aside, I do think these guys mean well. However, some of their ideas about the current state of gaming are antiquated and comically quaint. They keep beating this drum about the trend of games today being dumbed down, streamlined, holding your hand etc etc and it's like they are stuck in some 2009 time warp where Dark Souls doesn't exist and no one is playing indie games.

I notice other indies saying similar things too. They seem to have their heads buried in the sand and don't play other indie games so they don't get that every other indie is also making the same brutal hard and/or leave you to your own devices type games that they are.

Anyway, when it comes down to it, it's really about the games. I don't think they get the benefit of the doubt after their last game. No amount of updates or pretty girl spokespersons or scripted hype read in ESL monotone is going to make up for a game that's subpar.

TL;DR - It's great that they update but I'll wait for a bundle.

Say what you want...
I will!

Really, I laugh in part because the silliness of the hair flips and and poses and in part because I backed LoD so I have some (however slight) personal investment. No, I didn't back it because of the girl but the whole spell-crafting system and open world and all that sounded appealing at the time. The game launch for my first Kickstarter pledge was like my first time in bed: messy, hard to maneuver, unsatisfying and not worth the $15

The day before they launched the Wave of Darkness Kickstarter, they sent an update about the latest LoD patch and, while I doubt the game would compare to the latest "retro-hard core CRPGs" from the past year I really should give it another try one of these days if only to confirm or deny that it still sucks. Last time I played they hadn't implemented click-to-move yet and you died if you touched a quarter inch of water. Agreed with Motoki though that although they seem earnest, I wouldn't toss them another nickel for a Kickstarter based on the release of the last one. Plus, LoD was quickly bundled just to add insult to injury. Heck, it released on Steam on sale for less than the pledge amount and the devs had to scramble to throw some in-game goodies at the backers to placate them.

They can see when you cancel a Kickstarter pledge and I've actually had a couple write me personally and ask why. Not that I'm under any obligation to reply, but still I felt kind of dirty and was like damn. Busted.  :oops:

LOL

I've got a folder full of pics like that. I've held off on posting them because I know that we have several Seattle natives here. If the loss were just your garden variety Super Bowl loss, I might have posted em' (and then probably gotten temp-banned for off topic posting). But that was pretty much Seattle's Bill Buckner moment and I'm just not a big enough jerk to rub salt in a wound like that.

Though I guess I'm a big enough jerk to put the crucial play in my avatar.
What's it like being a fan of the most annoyingly hateable team in america

They can see when you cancel a Kickstarter pledge and I've actually had a couple write me personally and ask why.
That's probably because you're drunk-pledging the $750 tier where you get to design a character, name three weapons, get a box set of the game and are invited to Tajikistan for the launch party.

What's it like being a fan of the most annoyingly hateable team in america
It's pretty awesome, actually.

[SIZE=12pt]If they hate you, you're probably pretty fucking great. Aint nobody out there wasting any energy hating the Jacksonville Jaguars or the Minnesota Vikings. [/SIZE]

bread's done
Back